• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the entire court has heard enough. If you will continue to insult my family, I shall take the place of the king and duel in his stead. We shall duel outside Valencia with pistols at 20 paces, and my son Bartomeu shall serve as my second. I shall be waiting. Perhaps one of us old fools will put the other out of his misery.

- Prince Marti de Trastámara

Then let us duel!

Then let us duel!

((
xp8CYgx.jpg
))​

Reactions:
Then let us duel!

((You just need to appoint a second and then I'll do the rolls. Watch them both kill each other. :p))

((May as well start the vote. Regarding the natives law, consider the conversion part IC-only for the moment since I don't know how I'd actually implement it. Also, Khaine nominated himself for the Cortz awhile back when he thought there was an opening but wasn't, so I've added him this time now that there are two. You may pick two choices for the Cortz vote, but only nobles may vote Here we go.

Act on the Rights of Natives: Yes/No/Abstain
The Noble Trials Act: Yes/No/Abstain

Cortz (Nobles only & pick 2 choices): Ferrante Henri San Lorenzo D'Este y Medici (Von Habsburg)/Ximon Tomas Luys Etxeto (Dadarian)/Niccolo Limmona (AvatarOfKhaine)/Abstain

Players have until Wednesday at 12pm PST to vote. Please bold your vote and include your character's name and class.))

My King,

I vote YES regarding the Act of the Rights of Natives.
I ABSTAIN from voting about The Nobles Trial Act.

Lorenzo da Lusari, courtier of Hispania, leader of the Trans-Atlantic Trade Company's troops.

I abstain on everything.

~de Leon

I nominate Hernando Francisco de Leon as my second. Let us duel to determine the fate of the world!

((@zenphoenix))

-Cardinal Velazquez

The Iron Cardinal prepared for his last fight. He could barely walk but he was sure the Holy Ghost would animate him for his last mission. For this was his preordained path- to save the Church, and thus the whole world. He could only pray that God had not abandoned His creation.

((Act on the Rights of Natives: No
The Noble Trials Act: Yes

Cortz: Ferrante Henri San Lorenzo D'Este y Medici (Von Habsburg) & Niccolo Limmona (AvatarOfKhaine)

Louis Clément de Montségur
[Duke, General, Chamberlain, funded colony]))

Act on the Rights of Natives: Abstain

Cortz: Ferrante Henri San Lorenzo D'Este y Medici (Von Habsburg) & Niccolo Limmona (AvatarOfKhaine)

[Landed Noble, funded colony]

on the Rights of Natives: Abstain

[Landed Noble]

((Wait, what's a second supposed to do in a duel?))

((the office of 'second' developed into 'seconds' or 'friends' being chosen by the aggrieved parties to conduct their honour dispute. These friends would attempt to resolve a dispute upon terms acceptable to both parties and, should this fail, they would arrange and oversee the mechanics of the encounter.

stolen from Wikipedia page on dueling))

((the office of 'second' developed into 'seconds' or 'friends' being chosen by the aggrieved parties to conduct their honour dispute. These friends would attempt to resolve a dispute upon terms acceptable to both parties and, should this fail, they would arrange and oversee the mechanics of the encounter.

stolen from Wikipedia page on dueling))
((Sorry, still can't understand. So is a second like supposed to mediate the duel and basically stop crazy stuff from happening?))

((They are supposed to prevent one, but will setup and mediate the duel if all else fails))
((Oh, I see.

Got class right now, so IC will be coming up at a later time.))