• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And have you ever looked into how the Inquisition "guides" these people? It is not with theology and persuasive techniques for sure.

You may believe that harsh measures are necessary and I wholeheartedly disagree, but do not lie about the Inquisition operates when you make that argument.

Actually, it is, for the most part with theology and persuasion. Perhaps Lord Limmona would do better to attend as the Inquisition saves heretics, rather than debate theology. I am sure he would find the experience gratifying, for the viewers too are engaging in a process of reconciliation and by being involved are given the chance to confront their sins and be forgiven by the Church.

Henri had enough! The dungeons were not for him. So if he could not escape he would leave in a different way. This world never understood him anyway. But he would leave a message! He needed something sharp. Luckily for Henri a fork was all he needed. He stabbed his stump to leave a bloody sentence on the wall A Saint-Pierre never forgets, and a Saint-Pierre never forgives. He then proceeded to thrust the fork into his throat. After few minutes of blood spill and suffocation Henri de Saint-Pierre was dead on the floor.

((Yup that's right Henri killed himself. Sucide allowed by Michaelangelo on the IRC.))
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
((Anyway here's my next character))

Name: Matthias de Saint-Pierre
Date of birth: 1550
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: A former mercenary, 'brother' to Henri de Saint-Pierre, who took the ownership of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Comapny after Henris imprisonment. During the religious debate he did not take a side. He is a rather greedy person, but he prefers to keep to himself. He is also rather just and honourable.

A letter to the TATC council

Gentleman,
I wish to infom you all that I will not take my seat in the council. I feel I'm not suited for the possition. That is why I ask that my cousin Guillaume fills the seat. I hope you understand my decision.
Matthias de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Comapny

A letter to Niccolo Limmona ( @AvatarOfKhaine )
To Duke of Naples and Capua, Count of Salerno and Marshal and General of the Crown,
I write to you with a very simple request. I would wish to become a general in service of Hispania. I believe I have the experience needed to lead men into battle. If you think I'm not suited for command then I would wish to learn from you. I hope you will honour me with this privilege.
Matthias de Saint-Pierre

Reactions:
Actually, it is, for the most part with theology and persuasion. Perhaps Lord Limmona would do better to attend as the Inquisition saves heretics, rather than debate theology. I am sure he would find the experience gratifying, for the viewers too are engaging in a process of reconciliation and by being involved are given the chance to confront their sins and be forgiven by the Church.

I daresay the Inquisitors you saw and observed were more pious than those I met and observed, however this is both anecdotal evidence and in general the inquisition has great variance in terms of how the sub-cells operate.

This isn't because I hate Aragon, this is because I have an entire family to provide for. The vast majority of my income comes from my job at the TATC and I barely make enough money to sustain my family. I hope you understand.

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen

The Holy Father rises to make a short address regarding van Antwerpen's declaration to the court.

"Many of you have likely heard of the second assassination attempt upon Prince Marti. Gentlemen, allow me to detail this unfortunate series of events. First, after Prince Marti votes to approve a rival trading company, Henri de Saint-Pierre, head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, orders his death, no less than twice, presumably for the benefit of himself and his associates, if not for more sinister purposes. Second, as Jan van Antwerpen all but admits in his declaration to the court, that Saint-Pierre threatens van Antwerpen with explusion from the TATC, to avoid being rightfully sentenced for his crimes. Third, van Antwerpen folds to the pressure, claiming that despite having been on the council of the kingdom's richest mercantile organization for several years, he would not have sufficient funds to provide for his family. Either he is utterly incapable of temperance and has saved none of his sizable income, or the amount of food his family consumes outpaces that of the rest of the city. As neither is likely, the logical conclusion is that van Antwerpen values his position at the TATC, and the income that it accompanies, more than seeing a known criminal of the worst kind being brought to justice.

The Protestant sympathizers decry the supposed corruption of their church, but here we have three examples of their shocking and blatant hypocrisy."

---

axfmwxg.png
His Holiness Marcellus II, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, etc. hereby declares the following individuals to be excommunicated from the Holy and Catholic Church:
  • Lorenzo da Lusari
  • Ioannes de Alvaro
  • Henri de Saint-Pierre
  • Nicolo Limmona
  • Louis de Montségur
  • Abu Hashem
  • Jan van Antwerpen
  • et cetera ((all NPCs in favour of tolerance))

Reactions:
JpsioAG.png

I have listened to both sides of this argument and you have gone back and forth continuously with no solution found. Enough is enough. You squabble like children. I will force a compromise then. The Church shall maintain its full authority and these heresies shall not be permitted. I do understand the plight of these heretics though and request that the Church at least seek reconciliation instead of resorting to more bloody tactics. I want peace and I will enforce it if I must. We shall all join under the one true faith, whether through the reform of the Church or forced conversion of these heretics. I want this resolved and I want it resolved now.

King Ferran storms out of the assembly, tired of this whole affair.

- His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((Result of the vote:

Crown Recognition of Protestantism: No
Crown Recognition of Reformed: No

The vote just barely failed. A single vote could have changed the outcome, or perhaps a certain character not losing most of their VP by going to jail. :D However, based on how I judged the IC, the Protestant/Reformed side was more convincing. So even though the religions have not been recognized, the heretics do have support within the nation.

This leads me to an interesting dilemma. I had an event planned that spawns a ton of rebels, but some of the pro-tolerance side, mainly the generals, have suggested they wouldn't fight against the heretics. This brings up the possibility of a civil war. Therefore, I am opening up the possibility of the tolerance side sparking a civil war, although not until after the next update. Players may consult each other and starting planning for a potential war, but it cannot be started right now. Suggestions are welcome, since I haven't quite figured out how to pull this off.))

((I definitely think we should have something similar to the French Wars of Religion))

Velazquez smiled as he read the news of the Holy Father's triumph. Marcellus II may go down as the greatest pope since Urban II, he reflected. Perhaps the Church could be saved.

He sensed, however, that the heretics within Aragon were not quite finished.

((To War!! Ferrante won't back down so easily! I was thinking about a disaster mechanic of some sort.))

Ferrante was quick to flee Valencia after the verdict. Expecting at any moment to be captured and in the inquisition's dungeons he ran down the steps of the palace and into a waiting carriage of underground Protestants. Soon he was on a boat to Tuscan held Pisa, where tolerance and the war with the Holy Roman Emperor made him welcome. Then he would be on to Calabria and to war. The orders to secretly mobilize and fortify had been sent by pigeons to his vassals even before the Synod had adjourned. He would not make the mistake of Brabant.

ZNfNFMT.png

Your Excellency,

How should we respond to this grave defeat of principle? The church is obviously too powerful for its own good. Maybe we should rally the nobles to stand up for the practice of cuius regio eius religio ((Look it up if you don't know what I'm referencing.)) In any case I predict stormy horizons ahead for Hispania. Your oration was extraordinary during the proceedings and I am in great debt to you. On a more personal note, do you perhaps have a daughter I could take to the alter? I sincerely wish to be bound by blood to the Limmonas.

Sorry for the hurried and casual tone, I flee the capital for my own safety.

-Prince Ferrante D'Este of Squillace

1589-1592 – Hispanian Religious Debate

The religious assembly held in Valencia had started out as a beacon of hope. Perhaps the religious troubles of Europe could be first solved within Hispania. King Ferran IV had certainly hoped that the two sides would work out their differences and reach a mutually beneficial solution. The result was the exact opposite. Shouting matches ensued between the faithful and the tolerant, with the faithful unwilling to accept heresy in the slightest and the tolerant slinging insults at the Church. Possible solutions were cast down by the opposing side and a compromise could not be reached. The final straw was Pope Marcellus II excommunicating all those who opposed the Church. The king, exasperated by the whole affair, chose to side with the faithful and refused to grant recognition to those heretical faiths. He conceded that some of their arguments were valid, but not enough to turn away from the one true faith.

The after-effects were quite dire. Word soon spread of the failure of the Crown to grant recognition to the Protestant and Reformed faiths. There were those who lived in secret, following a faith forbidden by the law and persecuted by the Inquisition. When the debate ended in chaos, these people decided they had had enough. They would achieve religious freedom by force if necessary.

Revolts broke out across Iberia and Naples, and the people of several provinces declared their adoption of these heretical religions. Roughly 175k men rose up demanding the acceptance of their beliefs in Porto, Toledo, Algarve, Gibraltar, Abruzzi, and the Baleares. The people of Vizcaya, Castilla La Vieja, Almeria, Murcia, and Bari embraced the Protestant faith, while those in Girona, Draguignan, and Abruzzi embraced the Reformed faith. The king had had enough. There would be no more negotiations. They would accept his judgement at the end of a sword.

With the vast majority of rebels in Iberia, armies had to be recalled to the region. The army in Castilla La Vieja was sent to Valencia to join up with General Hernando Francisco de Leon and his army. The Provencal army was sent to Valencia as well, but General Louis Clément de Montségur was absent from his command. It was speculated that his sympathies for the heretics kept him from reassuming command of the army. It was also reported that General Niccolo Limmona did not take up command of the Neapolitan army. ((These two mentioned in the IRC that they didn’t really want to be used against heretics, which made sense to me.)) The transport fleet was immediately shipped out for Athens to transport the army to Iberia, seeing as Greece was safe at the moment.

Despite this rebellion, matters of state still had to be dealt with. The greater production of sugar in Sanchonia led to an increase in taxation on it, but to the annoyance of the locals. Portugal was also subjected to an embargo, a plan that had not been able to be carried out until the truce ended. With war on hiatus until the rebels were put down, something had to be done to keep Portugal in line.

In March, the zealots in Algarve, Porto, and the Baleares captured the provinces, forcefully converting them to their false faiths. Gibraltar and Abruzzi fell shortly after.

The mysterious Cesar de Ursua, rumoured spymaster of Hispania, was found dead outside the palace. The blame was placed on the heretics, although no proof was found. The king chose to hire one Gabriele Pico to assist with naval matters in his stead.

By April the three armies met in Valencia and marched on Toledo, where the nearest heretic army sat. General Leon led the charge with three times his usual men, breaking the enemy army against the walls of Toledo. By the time he had achieved victory, the army from Athens had arrived in Iberia and was marching to join his efforts.

Over in Naples, the army guarding Napoli was forced to flee south as the rebel army nearly three times its size headed its way. It escaped in time and rerouted to Abruzzi to retake the province while the rebels focused on Napoli.

With victory achieved in Toledo, Leon led the combined army down to Granada to liberate the province. The army was smaller and would be easier to take, but it meant having to leave the larger rebel armies to the west free to act. Alentejo managed to fall as Leon marched south.

The Protestant army was engaged in June. Overwhelming numbers won the day and the rebels faced utter defeat in Granada. Now came the difficult part. The two armies in the west possessed enough men to fend off an attack by Leon and his men. For the moment, the general moved to retake Algarve while the rebel army was not present. This plan changed quickly as word reached him that France had sent an army of 27k into Iberia with orders to aid in crushing these heretics. France may have failed to push back the heretics of the HRE, but it was ready to act in defence of Hispania.

With the French nearby, Leon engaged the army in Braganca before it could manage to take the fort. The French arrived near the end of the battle, but the day was won. Another fort was saved and the rebels crushed. Abruzzi was also claimed while the rebels focused on Napoli.

With that taken care of, Leon split his army in half and headed back south to reclaim Algarve and Alentejo, while France agreed to rid Porto of the rebels. The remaining rebel army in Iberia managed to take Caceres in the meantime, while the zealots in the Baleares had captured some ships and landed in Alicante, taking the province. The French proved their commitment to Hispania by sending a second army down to Alicante to eradicate the rebel threat there.

With Algarve and Alentejo retaken, efforts were taken to remove the last vestiges of Protestant control of the province. The Inquisition was sent in to root out those who had supported this rebellion and lock them up. The tenets of the Catholic faith were proclaimed from street corners as the best efforts were made to keep people following the true faith.

By January of 1590, all provinces in Iberia, with perhaps the exception of the Baleares, were reclaimed from rebel control. All that remained in the region was one army of 42k men besieging Castilla La Vieja. The French armies had retreated from Iberia and returned home, since the situation was now stable. This rebel army would have to be handled by Hispania alone. Leon led the charge once again with his men against the enemy. The losses were horrific, but so to for the zealots. They were scattered to the countryside, freeing Iberia from their influence. All that remained was the last rebel army in Napoli.

The League War raged on, and despite Brabant seeming to lose, they still pulled off minor victories. Hainaut was forced to give land to Flanders, although it seemed likely Brabant wouldn’t be pulling off much more victories with their capital occupied.

King Ferran IV started looking to the aftermath of this conflict, planning for ways to alleviate the unrest that would inevitably result. First he encouraged a development of the arts. By celebrating Hispanian culture, the people might feel more united and band together in this trying time. Crown Prince Pere suggested a more practical approach and had orphanages and workhouses build across the kingdom to support those who lost loved ones during recent struggles. These rebellions were seeing too many of the common folk getting hurt in the chaos.

Despite the chaos of the HRE, the electors chose to re-elect the duke of Brabant as their emperor when the previous one died off.

With Iberia clear, the transport fleet began the process of shipping the entire army over to Naples. It would take time, something Napoli did not have. In May, the province fell, putting pressure on Leon to act quickly.

The Crown was facing hard financial times due to the rebellion, but a sizeable profit from the TATC was bringing in more wealth to the kingdom, ensuring the economy did not falter too much.

The army was facing increasingly hard times trying to ensure it had enough men as thousands died to crush this rebellion. Recruitment efforts were made in Zaragoza and Barcelona, raising the available manpower.

By July, the entire army, except for the African force, had arrived in Naples. Leon took command of nearly 50k men and marched on Napoli before the rebels could move on to another province. In yet another valiant battle, the zealots were crushed. Now all that remained was to retake Napoli and the Baleares and order would be restored. A token force of 6k men was landed in the Baleares.

Even as Hispania faced down religious troubles, Great Britain was dealing with the problem of heresy as well. Reformed heretics in Scotland and Ireland had been spreading their faith to England, causing much chaos in the process.

With the rebellions all but beaten, armies were shipped back home. An army was first returned to Athens, followed by Castilla La Vieja and Provence. Valencia’s army was to remain in Napoli to assist in the siege. The small force in the Baleares was also rejoined with its proper army, after the province was retaken in September.

To reduce potential financial troubles, the main fleet was mothballed until such a time as it was needed.

The rebellious heretics were finally rooted out of Algarve and Alentejo in November, with the Catholic faith strong once again in the region. The Inquisition was immediately ordered to focus on the former rebel stronghold in the Baleares. Requests were made by the Church for funds for conversion efforts in some of the provinces that had openly embraced heretical faiths, but the king stated that he believed it would be too difficult at this time to force them back to the true faith. He also didn’t want to antagonize the heretics any more than he needed.

At the end of 1590, King Ferran felt it necessary to strengthen his position. The whole religious debate had put the Crown on shaky ground and he needed the support of the court after the rebellion. His Majesty first sought out the clergy and tried to strengthen ties with the Church. With heresy proving a major issue now, he needed their support more than ever. The nobility also required his attention. The king called for a diet using the Cortz to ensure that the nobility did not have their rights trampled on. Heresy had to be rooted out, but not at the expense of antagonizing the nobles. General efforts were also made to ensure stability within the realm.

The religious rebellions did not stop the Society of Jesus from establishing more missions in the New World, with their latest in Camana.

Brunswick was annexed by Luneburg in the chaos of the League War. Northern Germany was proving quite the battleground and thousands of men were throwing their lives away.

In August of 1591, the rebels’ last stronghold in Napoli was finally retaken. The rebellion was over. The Inquisition stepped in immediately, despite protests by Duke Niccolo Limmona.

In October, Camana became self-sufficient as a colony and was renamed San Dionisio. Trade with neighbouring Cusco was thriving and relations between the two was starting to build. Colonist Miguel Villanova was recalled from Menabe and sent to Rio de Janeiro.

Heresy was removed from the Baleares, strengthening the position of the Church.

Cologne faced the wrath of the Protestant League as they lost a province. Battles were raging in Brabant again. Things did not look good for the Catholic League.

The treasury was finally raking in the ducats again. At the request of Grand Admiral Juan de Porcelli, half of the navy’s war galleys were upgraded to galleasses. Tariffs were also increased in Sanchonia to boost profits.

As 1592 began, Hispania seemed at peace once more. The rebellion was over, although thousands of Hispanian lives had been lost in the process. Despite the seemingly peaceful times ahead, rumours of rebellion still circulated. Those who had supported tolerance during the religious debate had been greatly angered by the Crown’s response as the army was turned against its own people. If the king would not willingly accept a policy of tolerance, perhaps he had to be persuaded at gunpoint.

JpsioAG.png

Presenting His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights.

I had hoped more than anything that we could mend this religious divide within the kingdom. I had hoped that we could solve this as we did the matter of the Schism, but it has become apparent that matters of faith are rarely that simple. A compromise could not be reached and these heretics showed their true colours as they rose up in rebellion. Now they have been struck down and we can have peace. I hope we have all learned a lesson from the past three years. Perhaps we should be more willing to listen to one another in the future so that we can avoid such tragic violence in the future.

((Admittedly that rebellion was not as terrible as I expected. The AI rebels’ lack of tactics and the unexpected aid of France made it much easier than I believed it would be. Despite that, our manpower did take a big hit and I added a +2 revolt risk malus for 20 years so everything isn’t too rosy, and all provinces converted by the event have zeal for 20 years as well. This is also a good time to mention that the nobles who own the converted provinces now have a penalty to VP for controlling a heretic province. This should either persuade them to embrace that heresy or remove it.

Seeing as the rebellion interrupted most plans, I do not require any ministers to submit new ones, although they may feel free to do so up until Sunday at 12pm PST. Same goes for laws.

Now comes the matter of civil war. I suggested earlier that we might have one and I’m still open to the possibility. I think the events of this rebellion justify the tolerance side rising up to enforce their demands if they decide to do that. I’m still working out the gist of how to do this, but basically it will come down to people announcing their support for either side and then I will use VP to determine the strength of each side. Then the two sides will battle it out to decide a winner. If the tolerance side wins, the Crown will recognize the Protestant and Reformed faiths; if the Catholic side wins, the losers will most likely get imprisoned or executed and the status quo will be maintained. The tolerance side may also attempt to force the king to abdicate in favour of a more tolerant Trastámara if they feel Ferran IV isn’t tolerant enough for their tastes even after recognizing their faiths, but this may cause more unrest than necessary. I have several ideas for how to pull this off. Here is what I have so far:

1. Spawn a bunch of rebels to represent the tolerance side of the civil war. This is my least preferred option, since we’ve seen how pathetic the rebels act.

2. Assign portions of the armies and leaders according to who joins which side and the amount of VP they have, and then move the armies around as normal while pretending they engage in battle. I’d use an RNG modified by general’s stats and terrain bonuses to determine casualties and just remove the dead regiments from the game. I can say that I am quite good at remaining unbiased in such regards. I used to play board games against myself as a kid when I was bored, and yes I know that sounds really depressing. :p

3. Create a custom nation within Hispania to represent the tolerance side. This would allow me to fight an actual war against them in-game and best represent the civil war, although a lot more things could go wrong. I’d probably have to heavily alter this nation to keep it from acting outside the civil war and adjust alliances and such. A custom event would be created to have the custom nation annexed into Hispania once either side had won the war (>95% warscore), with different bonuses and maluses applied based on who won. I’d probably let the AI control the custom nation.

I’m not holding a vote on what to do, but I’d welcome suggestions. This is all assuming the civil war happens. Players may plot over the next few days, and if some of them feel like starting a civil war, they just need to declare their intent to me or publicly before the Sunday 12pm PST deadline so I can hold a vote on it to know who joins which side. Hopefully this all makes sense and isn’t too overwhelming for everyone.

Pensioners:
@Marschalk
@Idhrendur
@DragonOfAtlantis))

The Iron Cardinal was finally rusting. Velazquez was an extremely old man now, weak and sick. Monitoring the holy war in Germany and the heretic revolt in Aragon had left him drained and exhausted.

Even though the court and king had decided on the matter, the filthy dogs still revolted. It was clear evidence that these mongrels could not be given an inch. At least the king had destroyed them like the diseased rats they were. But the Catholic League did not appear as lucky and it seemed that defeat was inevitable. Could the Church survive it?

Could he? Perhaps it would be better to face the inevitable with a sword in hand and die an honorable death rather than live through such an ignominious defeat. The old man retrieved his old sword from his chest and unsheathed it. He had not used it since Rhodes many years ago. He called for his aide, an eager young deacon. He would need help if he was to pull this off.

Miguel Villanova was getting old, he was 82, yet still taking boats around the world for the glory of Aragon and now, Hispania. The stress has even affected his appearance, once he was one of the largest men in the world, but now he was frail, no longer able to lift a plank of wood, let alone single handedly put up buildings, he now reserved himself to planning and has brought his young son Hernan and several servants from around the world with him. He knew his time was coming short, yet once again he went to build a city in the new world. He however gave himself one thought as he worked, "If I don't die here maybe I should retire here, it seems nice enough."
((Miguel will be retired and I will play Hernan after Rio is finished.))

Count de Alvaro sighed.
Three tiresome years of debate and now a revolt.
Atleast he had convinced his people in Sassari not to rise up but to live in peace with their neighbors, regardless of faith.
And now excommunicated. For what? He was still a catholic, as is his son. Excommunicated simply because he strived for peace. What has the world coming to.
The stress was tearing on him. He is 76 years old and his health is not what is used to be.
Perhaps he should lay down for a while. Just close his eyes for a few hours. That would be good.

New character.

Name: Felipé de Alvaro
DoB: 29th of May 1556
Class: Landed Noble
Bio:
Felipé was growing up surrounded by the military. As such he was proficient in military tactics and battles aswell as skilled in swordsmanship and the arquebus. Always hungry for more knowledge, especially military knowledge, he had traveled the world and learnt skills undheard of in Hispania.
He often adapted these to suit his Hispanian swordsmanship. In his fathers later years he had returned home and aided him in various duties, finally taking on most of the responsibility of his late father.
During the religious debate he intervened at home between catholics, protestants and reformists in order to have peace and played a major role in hindering revolts in his province during the Hispanian Religious Revolts.
Now he was ready to take on his fathers duties towards King and Country.

Reactions:
((Hello, Congratulations for this amusing IAAR, i would like to participate if it is still possible))

Name: Jose Ignacio de Bolivar
DoB: 21h of August 1572
Class: Courtier
Bio:
Jose Ignacio de Bolivar was a member of an extended family who moved to the Sanchonia Colony after one of his ancestors lost his noble rights over Cenarruza-Bolívar in Navarra. LIfe in the new world wasn't easy and his family have to learn the ways of the merchants to survive, an action who proved wise because that help them to become an important part of Colonial aristocracy. However, Bolivar never showed interest in the family bussines, as he prefered the Sword, the musket and the Cannon rather than been all day writing in a book. He father decided to send him to Hispania as way to increase the position of the family.

Reactions:
I will tutor you, with my son, join me in Naples as soon as you can muster yourself and any allies you have already.

I also ask how to recruit TATC mercenaries, as I fear we may need them soon, and you are acquainted with the proceedings of the TATC, even if you chose this path of generalship.

I agree that need to stand for the rights of Whose Realm, Whose Religion. But that has only been proposed for the Holy German Empire, and it may not work here. I agree that tolerance is necessary and we may need to fight for it. I will signal to all tolerant and true people that we need to fight for our rights and that the Catholic Puritans and Zealots have too long been left in a position of Tyranny. I plan to hold this conference in Naples, visit if you can. With our ducal forces and with Army of the Crown to keep the peace we may discuss the situation in peace.

You likely all know of me, the Duke Niccolo Limmona and my role in defending the values of tolerance and equality for all religions.

I believe we must convene on this, so as to prevent us each acting alone and so that we can stand as one voice united for our just cause.

Come to Naples, and we shall hold a summit on how to respond and how to petition the King.

((OOC: The event is for all Tolerant people to discuss how to progress, it will not be binding except on trust. I plan to have it start tomorrow at 17:00 GMT and end at 00:00 GMT on Sunday so people have time to discuss but also time to leave IC before the vote comes to a head at 00:00 PST people are free to.

I have also been vague in the address such that people who wish to try to infiltrate may do so, but I ask that any attempting this contact me OOC so I can explain the guard layout so that any stealthy people or people who wish to enter by lying may do so without ruining this player event.

@Michaelangelo , this letter is vaguely prolific, so any NPCs that you think would come are free to with you playing them.
))

Reactions:
@AvatarOfKhaine
My friend,
My late father was an adamant supporter of peace and tolerance, as am I. I may be a catholic but that does not stop me from wishing peace and prosperity for all of Hispanias people.
If we all come togheter we can surely have Hispania and all its people ascend to new heights, greater than ever before.
I will meet you and all other who desire peace and prosperity in Naples.

Your friend in peace,
Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

Thank you! I will travel to Naples as soon as possible. As for the mercenaries I will have to put it in front of the company council. I will try my best to get you the support of my company

(A speech to all TATC council members (excluding the Crown's Rep.) (@ThePatriotOfDreumel , @DragonOfAtlantis )

Gentleman. There is a very important issue that I need to adress. Duke Limmona has asked me for support of TATC for his cause. As we all know he was on the tolerant side during the dabate. Because he requires mercenaries I fear a civil war might be brewing. And now we stand here and we have to make an important decision if a war breaks out do we support those who seek equality or do we stay neutral to the matter. I believe we have 3 choices. Fully support this just cause, officially declare neutrality but support them in other ways or stay out of this conflict completly. I leave it up to you the company's council to decide out fate.

((Here's a vote for the TATC Council to determin the side which the company will support. Staying neutral means siding with the Crown while option 2 means only financial support for the 'rebels' ))

TATC stance: Support for the Duke/Official neutrality, unonfical help/Full neutrality

TATC stance: Full support, but I demand one thing in return, that the CTC will be incorporated into our trade company when we win.

Last edited:
((Welcome aboard, @SpKampfer!))

After extolling the virtues of tolerance and non-violence two of our esteemed noble generals stand aside and refuse to lift a finger as the heretics rampage in revolt against His Majesty, forcing conversion at sword point.

In contrast, the valiant service rendered by Don Hernando de Leon is a shining beacon of loyalty to the King and he has truly proven he deserves his place in the Royal order of Light.

~Comments made by Marina somewhere or other.

Reactions:
(To the gathered councillors)

Thank you all for your votes. After tallying the votes we have come to the conclusion that Duke Limmonas cause is just, but we cannot risk it all. We will support him with few mercenary companies, and we will offer him some of our ships. We will also provide funds for his campaign. Thanks you all for gathering here. This council meeting has come to an end!

((So after tallying the whole 2 votes and then rolling a bunch of dice for the NPC the TATC vote looks like this 5/5/2. I'm sorry that the players didn't have much of an influence over this, it is a clear flaw in the system. I will try to improve it so this will not happen again. With that the TATC will support the rebelion with soldiers, ships ands funds, but not all of it. The company will officialy stay 'neutral' to the war and continue to serve as a trading company of Hispania.))

Dear Duke, I have gathered my company's council and I have some good news for you. They have decided that your cause is just and we will support you with SOME of our mercenaries, ships and we will provide you with funding, which you will clearly need. I'm will be leaving for Naples soon to meet you personally.

((Welcome @SpKampfer ! It's never too late to join! I hope you will have a lot of fun over here!))