• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private Prince Marti))
During the feast Henri approached Price Marti
"Your Highness *Henri bows*
A little bird has told me you wish to marry your son with the young princess Clara. It so happens I have yet not advised the King on that matter. A different source tells me you also have to vote on the matter of the monopoly for the new trading company. If you side with the TATC I might say some good words to the King about your son. And I Will owe you a favour. If there is something you want right now say and I will try to provide it. If you do not desire anything at this moment then let it be a favour for future."

Prince Marti cursed to himself. Of course he'd get a second offer after agreeing to the first. It wouldn't help now. He'd look like a hypocrite if he turned his back on the CTC, especially after telling the king that the monopoly would be a good thing.

"I'm afraid I have already pledged my support to the CTC," Marti said. "Your offer is tempting, but it comes too late. I am a man of my word and will not break it."

Marina finds an opportunity to speak to Prince Martí.

Your Highness, I have of late been corresponding with various learned individuals across Europe. It occurred to me that, as many of these men - and even a few fellow women Marina smiled innocently - hold the ear of their sovereign, and often hold a high place at court, it could prove useful for diplomacy. Should you wish to make use of this do not hesitate to let me know.

((Requesting to be made a diplomat))

Marina finds an opportunity to speak to Prince Martí.

Your Highness, I have of late been corresponding with various learned individuals across Europe. It occurred to me that, as many of these men - and even a few fellow women Marina smiled innocently - hold the ear of their sovereign, and often hold a high place at court, it could prove useful for diplomacy. Should you wish to make use of this do not hesitate to let me know.

((Requesting to be made a diplomat))

"Our diplomatic corps is a bit lacking as of late," Prince Marti said with a sigh. Too many nobles and others were eager to enlist in the army or navy instead. The fact that it was a woman approaching him on the matter, someone who could not join the armed forces, spoke volumes to this. "Let us see what you can do then. I'll send you out on the next diplomatic mission. I suspect it will send you to Constantinople judging by recent events."

Caribbean Trading Company Monopoly: No. This is a brand new company, do we really want to give them a monopoly?
((Clara Marriage: Abstain))

[Courtier, Merchant, Treasurer, TC VP]

Prince Marti cursed to himself. Of course he'd get a second offer after agreeing to the first. It wouldn't help now. He'd look like a hypocrite if he turned his back on the CTC, especially after telling the king that the monopoly would be a good thing.

"I'm afraid I have already pledged my support to the CTC," Marti said. "Your offer is tempting, but it comes too late. I am a man of my word and will not break it."

"Whatever you say Prince. But you just might have made an enemy you do not want to have. I hope you enjoy the rest of the feast, but I would watch your back. Goodbye Prince... I would shake your hand, but it seems I have misplaced mine."

Reactions:
((So far, it seems the only people voting against the monopoly either hate Santoros/trade companies (Velazquez), or are a part of the TATC. Interesting...))

((Indeed, some people were voting on things they shouldn't have, which you don't need to worry about because I check to see if people can vote on those things while tallying the votes. In other cases, people forgot to vote on what they can, mainly our ideas. Oh well, we've reached the deadline anyway.

Clara's Marriage: Byzantium
Idea Group: Innovative
Caribbean Trading Company Monopoly (Council Only): Yes

I'll do the playthrough some time today and hopefully have the update out by tomorrow. :)))

((Now can we know what the event consequences are?))

((Now can we know what the event consequences are?))

((Well if you had picked anyone but Byzantium, they would have either had pretenders rise up or declared an independence war, as well as a relations penalty. France disliked any choice but themselves, but picking them could have led to a much bigger conflict in the future. Picking foreign would have given a prestige boost and local a stability boost, while Byzantium will give us a prestige hit for giving in to our vassal. Seeing as Clara is marrying a future Emperor, this may have interesting consequences down the line depending on how succession goes. :D))

Reactions:
((Private))

Santoros met the expected news of a monopoly bleakly. His ambitions, high though they were, had been met. But, he felt empty inside. This monopoly had come about through his position as Grandmaster. His positions had come from the death of the previous Saint-Pierre Grandmaster. All this was built on a dead man's grave. Death. Only one thing lasted forever, and only one thing was certain. Death. Hispania was built on death. People came to power only after their predecessors, deceased. In a way, this made Hispania stronger. If you rely on the only reliable idea, you reliance will no be unfounded. It was a stable country, almost as predictable as death. Everyone died. Santoros, too, would die. Then he would meet Adam. What would he say? This life is transient, and the next is forever. What mattered? Everyone dies, from the lowest peasant to the greatest King. So what did it matter? Would this monopoly make a diiference? Santoros felt old, older than he was. He had seen much death. More than most. It had withered him. Soon, he would join those already departed, that he knew. One year, ten years, what was the difference in the endless span of time. Santoros only knew on thing. Death. And Death knew him, and soon they would meet, and Santoros would end. Soon.

((I'm not dying, just thinking.))

Reactions:
1584-1589 – Europe in Chaos

1584 proved to be a year of innovation. The Crown became more supportive of new ideas that aided the nation, although this raised tensions with the Church. The clergy were not pleased as ideas that were borderline heretical found Crown support. A compromise would have to be reached.

After the events of Princess Clara’s debutante ball, King Ferran decided to heed the advice of his court and accept the match between his daughter and the heir to the Greek throne. While the Greeks were surely happy, the decision made it seem as though the king had given in to his own vassal, a sure sign of weakness on the international stage. This new union not only tied the two nations closer together, but it sparked reforms in Byzantium. Now shown that perhaps they did have the respect of Hispania, they began to change their administration to match that of Hispania’s. There was still much resistance at home, but it was believed this would bring the Empire ahead in the world.

The Chancellor’s plans to subjugate the primitive neighbours of Nueva Granada began by sending the Valencian army overseas under the command of General Hernando Francisco de Leon. The man had previously served as a conquistador and his valuable experience in the New World would be a massive benefit. The first such target for these colonial wars was Arawak. Nueva Granada was told to declare war on the small tribe, and when the natives refused to surrender right away, Hispania intervened.

General Leon and his 12k men moved into Magdalena to face the Arawak people. For a man who had faced thousands of hostile natives over countless years, this was an easy encounter. Six thousand natives were killed or captured after a three-day battle.

Tuscany, after being denied the province of Urbino when Hispania opted to give it to the Papal State instead, decided to take it by force after besieging Rome. Hispania’s alliance with Tuscany was only serving to raise tensions with the Church.

Magdalena fell in September and preparations were already being made for the next war.

The Trans-Atlantic Trading Company faced some problems in Gabon. The TATC didn’t have the needed resources in place to maintain a strong trade presence. The Crown was asked for assistance, but the TATC was turned down. Some suspected Grandmaster Santoros Hashem had something to do with this, although it was just as likely the king was too lazy to deal with the situation.

Many courtiers were starting to feel that the government favoured nobles over them and pushed for greater privileges, despite half the Council consisting of courtiers. The king rejected this proposal. No one was getting special privileges.

A peace was signed with Arawak in October. The new diplomat, Marina Euphemia Artemisia Sastre, was the one to draft up the peace treaty, although some saw this as unnecessary when primitives were involved.

Prince Pere, as steward, made arrangements with the Greeks to construct a fort in Tarnovo, believing it could prevent future invasions from the north. The Hispanian Crown provided the funds and building materials for it. Many lauded this effort as a sign of strong relations between the two nations.

Despite being distracted by the recent French war as the Poles jumped on them, Hungary was able to bounce back and defeat the Poles. They claimed Moldavia for themselves, tightening the small Polish corridor to the Black Sea.

At the end of the year, the second of the colonial wars was declared, this time on Carib. They were allied with Muisca, the remaining native tribe on Nueva Granada’s border. They would both be taken care off at once then. War was declared and Leon moved in for the kill.

Carib’s army was engaged first, and promptly lost to the superior might of Leon. Muisca’s army tried to sneak up on a single regiment of Nueva Granada’s, but instead were caught by Leon’s forces in battle. The enemy had lost their forces and all that was left was to siege their provinces.

The Fugger family, a prominent banking family in Austria, tried to make arrangements with the Crown to take over Hispania’s financial accounts. Austrians in general were not very well trusted at the time, and many did not see the wisdom in this idea. The kingdom was wealthy as is without the assistance of this banking family. There were also rumours that the Medici family, who had a strong banking presence in Hispania, pulled some strings to get the offer turned down.

France was not content with its recent victory. Perhaps this had to do with them refusing to take the province they wanted and instead taking one from Hainaut instead. Whatever the reason, this time they had declared war on Alsace. Hispania was called on once again to offer assistance. Most of the participating nations were German states that could not reach Hispania without going through France first. The only viable threat was Great Britain, and Hispania still had naval superiority. The king, after consulting Chancellor Marti, answered the call-to-arms.

All forts were manned, something Hispania could now afford to do. The British had proven before that they could show up at random and launch a naval invasion, so better safe than sorry. The main fleet under command of Admiral Juan de Porcelli headed for the English Channel to ensure the British did not interfere in France. The armies in Provence and Castilla La Vieja were called up to northern France. For now, the Neapolitan and Athenian armies were to stay put.

Over the next few months, the Emperor in Brabant started calling in his own allies to help fend off the French. This would have been more frightening if his allies could put up a viable threat. The likes of Burgundy, Switzerland, Flanders, and Lubeck weren’t exactly frightening. Hungary was the only ally of any worth, but they had a truce with France and Hispania and thus could not join.

King Ferran IV, in an unexpected show of faith, requested that the new governor of Nueva Granada pray with him. No one was quite sure why the king suddenly decided to do this, but some suspected he was using it as a means to discuss future expansion plans for the colony away from prying ears.

Now that Hispania was embroiled in a full-scale war, funds were set aside to improve the fortifications in Napoli. If an enemy managed to make their way through Tuscany, Napoli would be the first line of defence.

In a most embarrassing scenario, Flanders agreed to pay France war reparations and 250 ducats without France having to fire a shot. Half their country was currently occupied by Reformed zealots and the rest was under siege. They could not fight France if they wanted to.

Things were not going so well for France. One of their armies had already faced defeat at the hands of the combined enemy forces, although the losses at that battle were not entirely known. Their larger army attempted to fend off a Saxon-led force in Luxembourg, and probably would have won if the Alsatians and other allies didn’t arrive and double the enemy numbers. France held its own, but the losses were not easy to accept. The enemy now had free reign in northeast France, while the French army recovered outside Paris.

The decision of Emperor Theodoros IV to reform the government along Hispanian lines did not go over well amongst the nobles. A group of them plotted against him and raised 23k men in Thessaly. The Emperor did not have the forces to defeat that. The Athenian army was immediately ordered to Constantinople to bolster the Greek army for an attack on the rebels.

France, in a confusing series of events, marched right through Burgundy, letting Hispania under General Louis Clément de Montségur siege the province, so that they could attack the Reformed zealots in neutral Flanders. Some said it was madness to engage in such a battle with thousands of enemy troops within their own land, while others say it as the ultimate sign of devotion to the true faith.

Once the detour into Flanders was over, the entire French army moved on Namur to take out the army there. The enemy alliance had divided their forces across four provinces, although a good 30k were in the province. France had twice that number. General Montségur followed behind with half his army to assist. He arrived in time to participate in an absolute slaughter. The French had a vendetta to settle from their previous battle, and having twice the numbers made them especially ferocious. The entire enemy was encircled, with over 20k men killed and the rest captured. The one unfortunate thing was that Liege next door was captured before the battle ended.

General Montségur took the initiative and launched an attack on the smaller Burgundian army trying to take Rethel. It was a risky manoeuvre with much larger enemy armies in Liege and Luxembourg, but it paid off. The French took the hint and followed behind, sealing the Burgundians’ fate.

The offensive didn’t end there. Montségur and half the French army went after the Alsatian army that had moved into Namur after they left. This was even more one-sided than the earlier battle. Montségur rallied the Hispanian and French forces behind him in brutal assault on the enemy position. They faced minimal losses, but the entire enemy army was bested. In little over a month, the enemy alliance had lost well over 50k men.

Over in the New World, General Leon had managed to take care of the weak natives. Another peace was signed where all their land was placed under control of Nueva Granada. As for the general, he was tasked with taking care of Britain’s colonies in North America. The British had recently made an appearance in the peninsula north of Havana. That would be the first target before moving on to the Thirteen Colonies.

Speaking of the British, they had focused their entire might on Tyrone, France’s other ally. The poor Irish nation was taking a thrashing, especially since Lubeck was assisting there. At least this made the French theatre that much easier.

In January of 1586, the Greeks engaged the noble rebels, who had now moved on to Macedonia. Hispanian assistance proved critical and the rebel force was scattered. Thessaly was soon retaken and order restored, at least for now. There were still many more not pleased with the Emperor’s reforms.

Artois fell at the start of February, freeing up the army there to assist the war effort. Norway had made an appearance in this theatre to assist the French. They helped them force back a Saxon-led force that had taken Luxembourg, but the victory was not as absolute as previous ones. At least with Burgundy occupied, a peace could be settled with them. They were forced out of the war, with Hispania given a token 7 ducats, despite taking their only province and defeating their army.

With the main enemy threat removed form northeast France, the Hispanian armies in the region moved on to Brabant to siege their southern forts.

Further construction plans were carried out when a textile manufactory was built in Valencia. This would provide valuable cloth products for the capital, and most importantly the royal family.

In April, General Leon managed to land in the British colony of Calusa and capture it. At the time, Hispania did not have its eyes set on North America and did not want to expend the resources holding land there. Leon was ordered to burn down any British colony he encountered. Calusa was torched and the general returned to his ships to head for the Thirteen Colonies farther north.

French and Norwegian forces engaged a small Brabant army trying to gather on the border. They were eliminated before they could reach France.

With the Emperor and his allies engaged in a war with France, the Palatinate, leader of the Protestant League, took the opportunity to declare war on the Emperor with the intention of enforcing religious freedom on the HRE. No longer would the Emperor be required to be Catholic. His timing seemed perfect. With France at war with Brabant, the Catholic League lost its strongest ally. Brabant had the help of some stronger countries like Bohemia and Hungary, but the odds were against them as they had to fight most of Europe. The Protestants had waited for the Catholics to turn on each other and then struck.

The religious war in the HRE happened to coincide with a shift in the Catholic world as well. The Pope passed away in May just after the war was declared. France had seemed an obvious choice before, but now many within the Papal State were blaming them for the poor position of the Catholic League. If they had not started their war against Alsace, the Emperor would not be in such a precarious position and France could help fend off the Protestants. The involvement of so many other Catholic nations on the Protestant side further disgusted the cardinals. Hispania though managed to distance itself from the stain placed on France. Although Hispania had not pledged support for the Catholic League, many acknowledged the nation’s strong Catholic presence and how it had spread the faith to the primitive heathens of the New World and even Africa. After a short debate, a new pope was crowned, this time from Hispania. ((We’re papal controller again, which means we’ll have a player pope. I’ll get into more detail on this at the end of the update.))

The war continued on as usual despite these events. France broke another Alsatian army as General Montségur captured the Brabant capital. The general moved on to Metz, the war target, in the hopes that the war could be ended sooner rather than later. It would not look good for the new papal controller to break the leader of the Catholic League entirely. With the help of the French, they took out an army trying to defend the province.

With a Hispanian pope on the papal throne, the faith was stronger than ever. The Jesuit Order ramped up efforts in the colonies, setting up a mission in Tandil.

With the massive increase of the army over the decades, changes had to be made to the administration to ensure these men were properly supplied. As for the navy, a larger form of galley was designed that could hold cannons, improving its performance in combat.

In July of 1586, Emperor Theodoros IV of Byzantium passed away, with his son Manuel III taking the throne. This also meant that King’s Ferran’s daughter, Clara, was now empress. On a visit to Hispanian court, she seemed much happier than usual, although no one was sure if that was because she was now empress or because she’d given birth to a beautiful baby girl the year before.

General Leon managed to make a landing in Roanoke in the Thirteen Colonies, capturing the province shortly after. The British navy though received word of the landing and sent a fleet after it. They had similar numbers, but the Hispanian navy had only transports. Not wanting to risk losing any ships, especially now that Leon and his forces had already landed, the fleet retreated to Nuevas Baleares. With little naval action at home, the main fleet was sent out to Nuevas Baleares to protect the transports.

The ascension of Manuel III did not go over well with many in Byzantium. He continued with his father’s policies of reform, which stirred up a revolt in Morea. The rebels were crushed, with the help of the Athenian army of course.

A general outcry for more representation of various cultural groups in Hispania within government put pressure on the Crown. The king agreed to make the national institutions a bit more representative to appease them.

A severe plague hit Hispania near the end of 1586. Some claimed it came from the colonies or even from the east, but it swept through Iberia like wildfire. Commoners and nobles alike succumbed to it and the kingdom suffered. Not even the Trastámaras were spared, as one of the king’s great-nephews died from the illness.

Leon had split his force and was rampaging through the Thirteen Colonies. While half the army sieged the capital, Leon moved about the rest of the colonial nation. When he captured Shenandoah, a more recent colony, he burnt it to the ground.

Up until now, General Niccolo Limmona had been assigned to guarding Napoli in case the enemy alliance went after Naples. When it became clear this was not the case, he was ordered up the Ravensburg, where he was to capture the fort and attempt to link up to the army in Alsace.

As Antwerpen fell at the end of November, Tyrone finally gave in to Britain and agreed to cede Ulster to get out of the war. It could not be helped, for the Irish minor had done what it could. Now Hispania had to worry about Great Britain focusing its attention elsewhere.

On its way back from Antwerpen to join up with the army in Alsace, the army ran into an enemy force. Hispania had the advantage and pushed it for a victory. As this was going on, the strangest thing occurred in Madagascar of all places. A small Brabant transport fleet, which had no troops, appeared outside Menabe and blockaded the colony. As to why Brabant decided to blockade Hispania’s most isolated colony, no one was sure. It certainly wasn’t going to win them the war.

Without the Hispanian navy to back it up, the French were unable to maintain a blockade of the Irish Sea. Their navy was forced to port, and Britain could finally send its troops back over into Britain.

Hispania’s new policy of supporting new ideas and thinkers had encouraged more intellectuals to move to the kingdom and share their ideas. These men had ideas that could make Hispania great, if their services were needed.

A new generation of nobility were coming of age in Hispania with ideas that differed from their forefathers. The king had to go out of his way to ensure they shared a like mind with the Crown or risk ostracizing them.

In June of 1587, all of the Thirteen Colonies, or at least their mainland provinces, was occupied. Leon was to capture Bermuda and then return home.

In perhaps one of the most suicidal moves in history, the Dutch people living within France declared independence, tired of French subjugation. Perhaps the timing seemed appropriate, what with the French embroiled in a bloody war against the largest Lowlands nation. However, the Dutch people only lived in two tiny provinces and could only muster 7k men. When France asked for Hispania’s assistance, King Ferran IV agreed. They had already committed to one, so another much simpler war wouldn’t be too much.

Lothringen conveniently fell shortly after, freeing up the army in Alsace to deal with this Dutch threat. All 24k men under General Montségur headed for Kales, the capital of these Dutch rebels.

Building plans continued as normal. Prince Pere ordered the construction of workshops in Teruel, Barcelona, and Granada.

As one war began, another soon ended. With most of Alsace occupied, France decided to end the bloody conflict and take what they came for. Metz was ceded to France and a small sum extracted from the nation. The French Queen thanked Hispania for its assistance, but there was still one more war to win.

With the major war over, the outlying armies returned home. General Limmona was recalled from Ravensburg back to Napoli, while Leon headed for Iberia without having to worry about Bermuda. As for Montségur, he was tasked with dealing with the Dutch. The French were already in Loon, but Hispania reached Kale/Calais first. The general showed his skill by crushing the rebels and laying siege to their capital.

Rebellions continued to be a problem in Byzantium. The people did not support these reforms, but King Ferran IV was committed to ensuring order within the Greece. The Athenian army was tasked once again with assisting the Greeks. The rebels were bested, but casualties were higher than they should have been.

In January of 1588, Tandil became self-sufficient. The colonist from Camana was recalled and sent far to the east to the small island of Mahe, north of Madagascar.

It was also in 1588 that yet another tragedy struck. Plague still spread across Iberia and Prince Pere’s wife, Estrella, succumbed to it. The Prince was distraught for many months and would now need a new bride.

The main fleet was sent out to blockade Kales, but it was unnecessary as Montségur took the province. The Dutch navy fought for a bit, but as word reached them that their fledgling nation had fallen, they surrendered. Three ships were even captured during the battle. The response from France as they crushed the Dutch Rebellion was overwhelming. What seemed like some minor nationalist uprising from Hispania’s perspective had apparently been potentially the start of a country-wide revolt. Bretons and other nationalist groups had been agitating for greater autonomy and the Dutch Rebellion had nearly pushed them into pursuing open revolt. The Hispanians’ intervention into what most French saw as an internal uprising struck enough fear into the rebels’ hearts that they did not rise up in the end. Queen Catherine of France was incredibly grateful. A great sense of trust now existed between the two nation. ((75 trust to be exact. I have no idea why this Dutch independence war gave us so much favour, but it’s not going to waste. :p))

As Hispania settled back into peace, the League War in the HRE raged on. Several bloody battles occurred near or in Brabant, as reported by the French. Tens of thousands of men met on the field of battle, fighting over matters of faith, or in some cases personal vendettas. Surely both the Bohemians and Tuscan followed the same faith, yet the Tuscans fought on the side of the Protestants. The same could be said of the Venetians. It was an affront to God.

Perhaps it is ironic that as the French crushed the rebellious Dutch, or rather Hispania did for them, that the Sardinian people found themselves lumped in with the Sicilians for easier administration. It was expected that the people of Cagliari may well see themselves as Sicilian in several years.

In August, funds were secured to upgrade the entire transport fleet. The design for brigs had been around for years, but had never been properly utilized. Now it would be. The next item on the agenda was to upgrade the galleys of the main fleet, but funds were lacking for now.

A brilliant man living in Fez came up with ideas to improve the fortifications. Suggestions that he be brought to court were made, but King Ferran instead decided he should remain in Fez where his talents could be of better use. If war with Morocco ever came, having Fez better fortified would be quite beneficial.

January of 1589 brought an end to the truce with Portugal. The small Iberian nation was vulnerable with no allies and was easy pickings. Chancellor Marti had already suggested another war be pursued to eliminate the nation and unite Iberia.

The League War continued, devastating the German lands and Lowlands. As the Empire bathed itself in flames, some back in Hispania wondered if perhaps the right decision had been made to keep out of such a conflict, while others wondered if the suffering could have been lessened by Hispania’s intervention. Either way, the Protestants had picked the right time to strike and were on their way to victory. It was a dark time for the Church.

JpsioAG.png

Presenting His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights.

I sometimes wonder if the French merely keep our alliance to let us win their wars for them. Perhaps if they more properly managed their own people, we would not be needed to crush their rebellions for them. At least we have their trust for now.

The matter of this war in the Holy Roman Empire is most concerning. The heretics and the traitorous Catholics that aid them may well win this and spread their heresy further as a result. With a Hispanian Pope, perhaps we should do something about it. It seems a late effort though. The world is a mess.

((Let’s start by addressing the issue of our new player pope. While Andre would normally become pope here as the senior cardinal, he is over 80 and thus not eligible under the rules. That means @KF25 would become Pope. I will give him 24 hours to either reject or accept the position. If he does not accept it in that time, @ML8991 will get the position, provided he at least makes a post to show he is willing to take the position.

As for our usual stuff, I will give ministers until Saturday at 12PM PST to post their plans. Feel free to propose any laws in this time. I highly recommend our Marshal and Grand Admiral make new plans, otherwise I will improvise my own and they’ll be out of a job. *hint hint*

Also I was hoping to get some feedback from everyone. I'm always trying to improve this iAAR to make the experience more fun for everyone. Thus I've created a Google Doc where people can post suggestions for mechanics, events, or really anything they like that is related to this iAAR. I just want to know what people think and see what changes I could make to make things better. The Google Doc can be found here and I will post a link in the table of contents as well.))

When Velazquez returned to Rome for the papal election he stunned by his reception. His fellow cardinals greeted him as if he were a conquering hero and the Iron Bishop of his younger days. He was declared the "Defender of Rome" (quite timely since the city had been sacked by the Tuscans yet again and the "Voice of the Counter Reformation". With the Church in danger, the Holy Roman Empire about to fall to Protestants, and the heretical Tuscany threatening to conquer the Papal States, the cardinals turned to the Church's warrior to save them. Velazquez could not help but feel smug as all his predictions proved to be correct and it was only now that everyone listened to him.

But Cassano Velazquez was too old to lead the Church. He was nearly eighty-six years old and he could barely walk. His fire had been tempered by years of disappointment and exile in Rhodes. He would have to choose an upstanding cardinal from Aragon to take his place and help save the Church. And so he chose... ((tbd :p))

3GUg7t6.png

To His Majesty,

God has sent the plague to Aragon in order to punish you for your heretical decisions. Repent now and God shall lift this curse over the kingdom. Join the Catholic League, defeat the heretics, dissolve the immoral alliance with Tuscany, help the pope regain his rightful lands, and exile the philosophers from court and you may yet find salvation.

Respectfully,

Cardinal Cassano Velazquez