• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((@DragonOfAtlantis I've changed to colonize Camana, not Nazca:rolleyes:))

((I have it written down as Camana, so no worries there. :)))

((If it isn't clear enough, I'm challenging Henri de Saint-Pierre (@05060403 ) to a duel to the death following his actions at the joust. Time for the first one.))

((Finally, a chance to test out the duel mechanics. Since @05060403 is the one being challenged, he gets to pick the weapon, assuming he accepts. After that, both opponents must agree to either a duel to the first blood or to the death. Either player may also attempt to kill their opponent during a first-blood duel, but that will have consequences if caught. Then I do the rolls to see who won and if anyone got injured. I'll let the winner write up IC of the duel.))

Name;Adam al-Shshabab Al-Sulaymonid
Date of Birth;Sept. 14 1554
Class:Noble
Religion:Catholic
Bio Descendant of Sulayman,son of the founder of Al-Andalus.He was born in Corboda,former capital of Al-Andalus.His grandfather converted to Catholicism at the end of the third Castiliian War when he knew of the rising of a new Al-Andalus.He is an Arab-Christian and was the Mayor of Cordoba.Has one illegitimate child name Stephan.He is also a claimant to the throne of Flanders.They own a small amount of land outside of Cordoba.He would like to rule Cordoba

Traits:Temperate-Ambitous-Impatient
cor-coat.gif

Coat of Arms

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Don't forget being a descendent of both Mohammed through the Umayyad Dyansty,and the Cordoban Caliphate))

Last edited:
So his suspicions were true. Duke Montségur heard later that Henri de Saint-Pierre had a rigged lance he was employing against his next opponent. So also against him before. Well, patience would reward him. He healed entirely, assumed command of the army, practiced his fencing skills even more. With a possible war to come, he still had to settle a score before going to fight.
Having found Henri de Saint-Pierre, Duke Louis went to him with his guards to catch him unaware.

'You rat, don't think I forget.' He punched the man who had wounded him years before in the face. 'Know that I am probably too intent on fairness for my own good. I should have you executed on the spot, maybe. But it would go against the honour I have... unlike you.'
He held a second sword in Henri's direction. 'I have no obligation to deal with a commoner in such a way, and I couldn't care less for any objections from your father. But it would be a pleasure for me to separate your worthless head from your shoulders.' The Duke grinned.
'Accept or I advise you to leave the kingdom as far as you can. And no dirty tricks - my men are going to take all you have on you and provide you with true, honourable duel equipment.'

((If it isn't clear enough, I'm challenging Henri de Saint-Pierre (@05060403 ) to a duel to the death following his actions at the joust. Time for the first one.))

Guillaume was spending his time in a tavern when a man of obvious high status approached him. Guillaume was about to propose a drink as the man punched him, called him his brothers name and challeged him to a duel.
"Listen here...you..." he said getting up "Whatever your name is I have done nothing wrong, and I have no idea what my brother did to you. You speak of honour, yet you assault me when I was not expecting. This does not seem very honourable to me. As for my father, or more officially known as my uncle... He doesn't care for me or my brother, cousin whatever!! He is too concerned with the good being of his little soldier boy. But I will make sure that Auguste heard about this. As for my brother... Good luck finding him. Last time I have seen him he was travelling to Norther Germany to establish ties with the Hansa."

((Don't know how this will work out, but this isn't breaking any rules is it? If this is fine then it will stay))

Guillaume was spending his time in a tavern when a man of obvious high status approached him. Guillaume was about to propose a drink as the man punched him, called him his brothers name and challeged him to a duel.
"Listen here...you..." he said getting up "Whatever your name is I have done nothing wrong, and I have no idea what my brother did to you. You speak of honour, yet you assault me when I was not expecting. This does not seem very honourable to me. As for my father, or more officially known as my uncle... He doesn't care for me or my brother, cousin whatever!! He is too concerned with the good being of his little soldier boy. But I will make sure that Auguste heard about this. As for my brother... Good luck finding him. Last time I have seen him he was travelling to Norther Germany to establish ties with the Hansa."

((Don't know how this will work out, but this isn't breaking any rules is it? If this is fine then it will stay))

((I think that after three years, such a misunderstanding is very unlikely to happen. After a thorough research, the man was found and challenged (did I mix up son and nephew :oops:?). Just after the joust, yes, but not with such patient preparation :rolleyes:.
Besides, what's there to lose? We have to fight a first duel at some time, and this is an opportunity as good as any other.))

((I think that after three years, such a misunderstanding is very unlikely to happen. After a thorough research, the man was found and challenged (did I mix up son and nephew :oops:?). Just after the joust, yes, but not with such patient preparation :rolleyes:.
Besides, what's there to lose? We have to fight a first duel at some time, and this is an opportunity as good as any other.))

(( Well there are few things: Guillaume and Henri are twin who got separated on birth, both 'work' for TATC. Henri will be my next character and I don't really want him to die. As you said it's been 3 years and you are searching for one of the twins, so a mistake is fully possible. Other than Henri being my next character I have nothing against a duel. If what I did is fine with Michael, it will stay, but if not then I will not object the duel in any other way))

(( Well there are few things: Guillaume and Henri are twin who got separated on birth, both 'work' for TATC. Henri will be my next character and I don't really want him to die. As you said it's been 3 years and you are searching for one of the twins, so a mistake is fully possible. Other than Henri being my next character I have nothing against a duel. If what I did is fine with Michael, it will stay, but if not then I will not object the duel in any other way))

((Well you don't have to accept the duel. There's no consequences for saying no. And you could always just duel to first blood instead, although there is the chance of accidental death.))

((Now for the results of the votes. Sorry for the slight delay. Had to go into work for longer than expected.

French Call-to-arms: Honour
HRE Religious League: Wait

I might not be able to do a playthrough tonight, seeing as I have some plans with my family, so the update may not be out for another two days.))

Hi,
I have just started reading this very interesting AAR and noticed the 1579 Save file.
Did you uploaded earlier save files? Are they available ? If yes where ?
Thanks

Reactions:
Name: Lorenzo da Lusari
Date of birth: 19 March 1559
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Lorenzo is the bastard of a tuscan noble, he chose the name "da Lusari" as a slight to his father, Nerio Mastricani. "Da Lusari" was the name of the brothel were Nerio met Lorenzo's mother. Lorenzo managed to spend a few years at court during his childhood due to his father's intentions to hide and control him, but after an assassination attempt in 1575, the young bastard fled Tuscany. He was a talented fighter so he lived as a mercenary for a few years. Lorenzo mainly fought ine the Holy Roman Empire before he finally decided to travel to Aragon in the hope of being sent to in the colonies thanks to his military experience where some say fame and wealth await. Now around 20 years old Lorenzo is known for a certain lack of courtesy. As he puts it himself (but not publicly) "Aristocrats are a band of lazy cowards". His beard and hairs are unkempt and his attire always ressembles armour rather than elegant clothes (partly for finacial reasons). He can be defined as egoist and arrogant but also strangely loyal and sometimes noble of heart when he tries to prove he is better than the nobility he hates. An inferiority complex maybe...

((I have good knowledge of everything that happened before 1507, i'll just need an evening to catch up with the rest))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Name: Lorenzo da Lusari
Date of birth: 19 March 1559
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Lorenzo is the bastard of a tuscan noble, he chose the name "da Lusari" as a slight to his father, Nerio Mastricani. "Da Lusari" was the name of the brothel were Nerio met Lorenzo's mother. Lorenzo managed to spend a few years at court during his childhood due to his father's intentions to hide and control him, but after an assassination attempt in 1575, the young bastard fled Tuscany. He was a talented fighter so he lived as a mercenary for a few years. Lorenzo mainly fought ine the Holy Roman Empire before he finally decided to travel to Aragon in the hope of being sent to in the colonies thanks to his military experience where some say fame and wealth await. Now around 20 years old Lorenzo is known for a certain lack of courtesy. As he puts it himself (but not publicly) "Aristocrats are a band of lazy cowards". His beard and hairs are unkempt and his attire always ressembles armour rather than elegant clothes (partly for finacial reasons). He can be defined as egoist and arrogant but also strangely loyal and sometimes noble of heart when he tries to prove he is better than tthe nobility he hates. An inferiority complex maybe...

((I have good knowledge of everything that happened before 1507, i'll just need an evening to catch up with the rest))

((Welcome aboard! I hope you'll have fun playing along! ))

Hi,
I have just started reading this very interesting AAR and noticed the 1579 Save file.
Did you uploaded earlier save files? Are they available ? If yes where ?
Thanks

((I usually only post the current save file so ministers can get the relevant information for their plans. There was never really a need to keep the old ones around. I suppose I can post a link to the entire folder too. If you need any of the earlier saves, they can be found here. You kind of have to guess which ones correspond to which years since I always number them in order rather than by year.

Also, welcome @Duke Dan "the Man" and @Mau da Cic. :)))

Last edited:
((Private))

After the tourney, Marina allowed Prince Pere to spend all his pent-up frustration, anguish and hurt in her arms. Hit at once not just with the fragility of life, but also the full weight of his royal and husbandly responsibilities, the young prince proved more than happy to forget them in Marina’s soft embrace.

Pere’s marriage had not been an obstacle to their increasing liaisons, and he had found himself sneaking into her chambers on more than one occasion. They lost their first baby on one of those nights. Marina had not even known she was pregnant, suddenly assailed with cramps and spear-like pains, Pere, clearly terrified at her evident agony, wanted to call for help, but Marina would not let him. A few maids suspected their affair, Marina knew, and she would not have it spread further. Just before dawn she gave birth to a tiny dead baby girl. Her nightclothes covered in blood, she collapsed exhausted into his warm arms as tears slid down her cheeks.

---​

In her chambers the night after the Queen Mother’s funeral, Marina looked up to find Pere sidling around her door. As soon as their eyes met he rushed over and pulled her up into a kiss.

Later, when they had finished, he spoke softly of his grandmother and slowly teared up.

Over the years he had grown up. Whilst Marina was not unappreciative of the increased vigour, she regretted being unable to take him in her arms as she once had. Instead she contented herself with caressing his cheek.

Marina gently smiled, knowing that her prince may be bigger but he still possessed the same sincere innocence he had displayed on their first encounter; he was still a boy who cried when his grandma passed away.

((Prince hijacking Michaelangelo approved))

Reactions:
Adam entered Córdoba,former capital of his descendants,the Caliphs of Córdoba.he could trace his lineage to Sulayman,son of Uthman,first Caliph of Córdoba.He entered his new home the Alcazar de Los Rey Christanos,former home of his ancestors.He took a walk in the large gardens outside.He got the best swords master he could buy and Stephan would train with him,although he seemed more interested in the bible.He decided he would need to make a trip down to Sevile and unwind a bit and get more alcohol.Inone night,he drank at least two barrels of cheap beer at the local pub before he passed out.When he woke up,a women he didn't know was in his bed.That was how Stephan came to be.

To all nobles,I am looking for a wife,I will examine all offers.

Adam Al-Sulaymanid

((How about the duel now, @05060403 ? You can't escape with this story entirely :p, as this would happen:

'Brother? Ha! Anyone can claim that. Do you really think my men are so useless and incapable of tracking a man who happens to have a known twin over three years? You're dumber than I thought if you think you can escape this way, coward! If you fear for your life, than let's settle for something else - a limb would certainly be enough to remind you of your former way of life the rest of your existence. My last words. Take it or leave for good.'))