• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( I edited my previous post to point out that he's 17 )).

Manuel de Soneta annouces his intention to join the joust ((he is Juan II's brother and he is 39))
Whlist Juan II de Soneta shall watch with the rest of the de Soneta family.

Ferrante Peralta decides to attend the joust, but he will not participate in the event as a combatant.

((Private - Prince Pere))

Her clothes having got caught on a briar and ripped slightly, Marina returned to the Queen's chambers to change. She had just finished disrobing when-

'Mother may-' Prince Pere walked in, stopped and stared at her, wide-eyed.

The prince was an energetic, vigorous young man, and Marina had been watching him with interest for some months now. She stood upright revealing her full glory for the Prince to see, a predatory smile on her face.

Pere self-consciously tried to hide the rapidly growing tent in his breeches. As she padded towards him, he finally managed to stammer out 'S-sorry My Lady, I-I should have-'

'My, the joust isn't for days yet and you already have your lance out!' She cut him off playfully.

Pere blushed deep red.

Marina leaned in close, pressing up against him and whispered 'We could have a private joust here, my prince. Just the two of us.'

Aware that he had likely not been ridden before, Marina led him gently to the Queen's bed and began acquainting him with the saddle. Whilst initially unsure, under her instruction Pere gradually understood his role and even demonstrated a stamina and lung capacity that made Marina squeal and shudder in delight.

Next was Marina's turn to prove her skill as a horsewoman; and what a rider she was. No matter how hard her mount bucked she rode it out until he had spent his energy and become docile. She was then able to ride him from a gentle canter to hard gallop until she was satisfied.

Having performed well, Marina rewarded him with plenty of praise and a sweet kiss before dismounting.

((Prince hijacking Michaelangelo approved.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Private - Marina (@Keinwyn)))

Queen Isabel had never been so embarrassed in her life. Of all the things her no-good lazy husband could do, an affair was by far the worst. As a man, everyone would think it was natural for him to seek his pleasures where he could find it. She already knew that there would be those blaming her, for surely she was the one to give him a reason to stray. A tear rolled down her cheek. There was an emotional barrier between her and her husband and she didn't know how to get past it. What could she do but force a smile on her face and try to act like nothing had happened.

With the joust a few days away, the queen had other worries. Her 16-year-old son, Pere, had signed up for the tournament despite her protests. What if he was injured during a bout? An heir could not put himself in such danger. She wanted to be there supporting him the whole time, watching over him like a mother hen, yet she could not bear to show her face at the tournament. The wound from her husband's affair was too fresh. Sitting next to him in the stands and pretending to enjoy herself would be too much. No, she would not attend this event. Knowing her husband, he probably wouldn't even care that she wasn't sitting beside him.

The queen felted conflicted though. Despite her shame and anger towards her husband, she wanted to be there for her son. Perhaps she would only attend when he was up for a bout. Yes, that sounded good. Still, she needed to make sure he was cared for. Someone needed to keep an eye on the prince. Perhaps one of her ladies-in-waiting could keep an eye on him and ensure the other servants were providing him with everything he needed to win the tourney, or at least not get hurt. Marina would be best, for she was a resourceful young woman.

It took awhile to find her, but Isabel eventually found Marina when she headed back towards her chambers. Her hair looked as though it had been hastily put in place and her dress was slightly askew. She seemed awfully pleased with herself too. The queen decided it was best not to criticize her lady-in-waiting's appearance seeing as she needed a favour. "Marina, my dear, I've been looking for you. I require a favour of you."

Before Marina could respond, Queen Isabel continued on. "I fear for my son's safety during this joust. I was hoping that you would keep an eye on the prince for me. I'd hate to see him injured because some incompetent servant put his armour on improperly. Would you do this for me?"

((Private - Queen Isabel))

Marina hummed happily to herself as she left the Queen's chambers, idly wondering if Her Majesty would notice the smell permeating her sheets when she went to bed that night.

She had not gone far when she encountered the Queen coming in the opposite direction. Her heart skipped a little in realisation of how close to discovery she had been.

As the Queen made her request Marina had a hard time keeping a straight face. 'Yes Majesty, I will not take my eyes from him' She curtsied.

Finally looking at Isabel, she noticed the tear tracks fading on the Queen's face and forgot her own desires for a moment. She wanted to reach out and offer comfort to her mistress, but was not sure how to approach the proud queen. Marina wanted to say she understood, that her own late husband had never been warm or attentive and that she had once found him in the arms of another - a burly guard. The feeling of rejection was a heavy one to bear alone.

The moment passed though, and the words remained unsaid.

Last edited:
JpsioAG.png

As chancellor, I believe it is prudent to seek a period of peace to let the people rest and ease tensions with our neighbours. Since we lack a viceroy for Galicia, I will in their stead suggest that we formally integrate Galicia into the realm, once they have managed to bring their Portuguese provinces under control of course. They have proven a loyal subject and should be given the same status as the rest of our kingdom. This will greatly increase our hold on Iberia and relieve the burden placed on our diplomatic relations.

- Prince Marti de Trastámara, Chancellor of Hispania

((Well we've ended up with 17 people, one too many to do a proper ladder tournament. 32 would probably make a better number anyway. As such, I'm extending the deadline another 24 hours for players to announce that they're participating in the tournament. I'm also removing the three-character limit, so you can include as many non-active characters of your family as you want. If we don't reach 32, I'll just fill up the rest with random NPC nobles and royalty. Just remember to include the character's age and preferably a brief background so I can apply the appropriate modifiers.

I also wish to announce that I've refined the rules regarding titles. Nobles may now hold more than one title and even inherit them from other players, although unclaimed provinces may only be granted by the king. I'll be handing out second provinces for each of our dukes soon. I've also extended where governors can serve, including colonial nations, since the role is mostly RP anyway. You can also request to have non-active characters made governors for flavour. Here's the full bit on titles.

Titles

Titles give players the right to rule or govern a province, at least IC-wise. All landed nobles have a title to at least one province, while unlanded nobles may be given one of their own at a later date. Titles of nobility tied to a province will always be given to nobles first. Courtiers may be given a title, but usually only under extraordinary circumstances when the character has done something significant to warrant it. All nobles who are given the title to a province are considered counts, while any courtier who is given a title is then elevated to that position.

Nobles may gain more than one title or province, but only under specific circumstances. Upon receiving more than one title, a count is elevated to a duke. There is no set limit for how many titles a noble can accumulate, although the king may take action if a noble becomes too powerful. The king may grant more titles to a noble at his discretion. Nobles may also inherit titles from other players. If the succession of a noble family would see the title to a province be inherited by another player’s character, then that player receives that title. It should be noted that a player’s primary title cannot be inherited by another unless that player either willingly gives it up or their dynasty goes extinct (leaves the iAAR). It should be noted that unclaimed provinces can only be obtained by a player if the king allows it. That means a player may not make up a dynasty for an unclaimed province and then marry their noble character into it to make them the heir.

While not exactly titles, clergy may claim an archbishopric, thus elevating their position in the kingdom’s religious structure. Each clergy is restricted to only one archbishopric.

All provinces outside Europe are considered colonies or territories and thus require governors. Any courtier or unlanded noble may become a governor of any of these provinces. This role is mostly for roleplay purposes, with the player having no impact over the treatment of the province in-game. Players may choose to be governor of a specific province or just operate within a certain area (ex. West Africa). Players may also become governors for provinces within colonial nations, but not of the actual colonial nation itself. Be warned that since those provinces are out of our direct control, the position of governor may be lost if the colonial nation somehow loses the province or declares independence. The position of governor is considered a role and grants +1VP. Non-active characters, such as the unlanded sons of a noble, may also become governors, but for obvious reasons they do not receive the voting power bonus. Any player who funds a colony and is eligible to be a governor has first dibs on being governor of that province.

Now for voting stuff. Seeing as only one person was suggested to be Chamberlain and only one person applied for the Cortz, Louis Clément de Montségur (@alscon) is now Chamberlain and Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig (@Idhrendur) is now on the Cortz. Even though I've changed the rules so new members of the Cortz are no longer automatically made a duke, Pablo David will be the last one to receive that privilege. As for the recognition of Ferdinant's claim, the result was thus:

Ferdinant’s Claim: No

Now we can move on to our next vote. We shall be voting on whether or not to embrace the Counter-Reformation and the name of our soon-to-be colonial nation in the Caribbean, with the latter being a tiered vote where you choose your top three. The Council will also conduct a separate vote on whether or not to grant the TATC a monopoly on Colombia. Here is the vote:

Counter-Reformation: Yes/No/Abstain
Colonial Nation: Nueva Carthago/Nuevas Baleares/Leonia/Martius/Ferrania/Trastamaria/Abstain
3.​
Colombia Monopoly (Council only): Yes/No/Abstain

Seeing as the joust will go on for quite some time and we have Christmas coming up, the vote will last until Sunday at 12pm PST. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class.

V2Vh7h6.jpg
))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Counter-Reformation: Abstain
Colonial Nation:
1. Nueva Carthago
2. Nueva Baleares
3. Abstain
Colombia Monopoly (Council only): Yes

Auguste de Saint-Pierre

[Courtier, Merchant, Admiral, Grandmaster, Founded Colony, NPC Merchant]

After hearing about a tournament being organized in Hispania Guillaume de Saint-Pierre (age 32) and Henri de Saint-Pierre (also age 32) decided to join the joust in hopes of gaining wealth to match the wealth of the primary Saint-Pierre line.

Counter-Reformation: Yes- Once more the Church shall rule the continent, and we shall have peace!
((Colonial Nation: Nueva Carthago/Nuevas Baleares/Leonia/Martius/Ferrania/Trastamaria/Abstain
1. Leonia
2. Trastamaria
3. Ferrania))

[Clergy; cardinal; rep to Knights]

"I shall make you proud, great-uncle" Pedro said as he entered his name in the lists. He was a good lad, and skilled with a blade and tourney lance. Cassano saw a lot of himself in the boy. If only he could have been a priest...but someone needed to carry-on the family name.

Gutierrez was another matter. A bookish sort, Raphael was a very good clerical assistant to the cardinal, especially since the Iron Cardinal was more interested in fighting and preaching then reading and writing. But Gutierrez did not know a lance from a shield and he was no good as a squire. Still, Velazquez forced his assistant to enter the tournament. Someone besides him had to represent the Church, especially since they needed to convince the court about the need to embrace the changes made in Linz.

"I don't know the first thing of tournaments!" Gutierrez protested.

"You shall enter or I will sell you to Mediterranean pirates!" the cardinal responded.

"But what do I do? How do I joust?"

"Watch what I do and pray to the Holy Ghost for guidance."

It always worked for him, after all...

JpsioAG.png

We wish to announce the following titles to be bestowed upon our most loyal of subjects.

To the Duke of Navarra, Guillen Chorche Luys Etxeto ((@Dadarian)), I grant the title of count of Vizcaya.
To the Duke of Alermia, Juan de Porcelli ((@Luftwafer)), I grant the title of count of Jaén.
To the Duke of Trinacria, Louis Clément de Montségur ((@alscon)), I grant the title of count of Syracuse.
To the Duke of Naples and Capua, Niccolo Limmona ((@AvatarOfKhaine)), I grant the title of count of Salerno.
To the Duke of the Baleares, Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig ((@Idhrendur)), I grant the title of count of Corsica.
To the Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko, Manuel Felice Niccolo de Soneta ((@ML8991)), I grant the title of count of Zaragoza.

- His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania & Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((If anyone is wondering, Keinwyn turned down a second province and I'm not even sure if EmperorBasilius is posting here anymore, so that is why those two were skipped.))

Reactions:
Santoros's wife Alina and himself will watch their 22-year-old son Almudena and 24 year-old son Adan perform.

((Santoros is now born Dec. 13, 1524, so his children can be adult, and he doesn't have to have kids at five years old.))

Your Majesty,

I ask for the governorship of all of West Africa to be placed in my hands, as I can best serve, due to my local knowledge and experience.

Sincerely,
Santoros "Abu" Hashem