• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Okay, the deadline has been reached, so now we shall vote on which reforms to adopt. I've tried to lump similar reforms together, and a few I've had to separate pieces of reforms for different votes. The first will deal with the major Council reforms, such as the responsibilities of the positions. It should be noted that choosing to vote for none merely means the Council will remain the same, but it will be declared an official administrative body. This vote will be tiered. All of Firehound's laws are considered separate and will be included as separate votes. It should be noted that the larger reforms may conflict with these votes. In this instance the smaller vote would override that portion of the larger one. For the Cortz, you may vote to include all nobility, replace the Cortz with a Chamberlain, go with alscon's proposal of keeping the Cortz but having them elect a Chamberlain, or keeping it the way it is. It should be noted that if all nobility are included on the Cortz, they will not all be made dukes and the VP bonus for membership will be removed. Regarding succession laws, you can choose between LordDamien's where all males are given preference over women, or you can keep the current system where direct male heirs are given preference but women can more easily inherit. While we're voting on this, we can use this to help me figure out a dilemma. I'm not sure if brothers and their male heirs are considered before daughters. I'll add an extra vote for those who vote limited male preference to help clarify this. Even if you vote for full male preference, you can vote for this just in case. We also can select a native policy with Cossacks, so that will be included too.

Council Reform: Sastre (Keinwyn)/Kostopoulos (LordDamien)/Velazquez (Andre Massena)/Montségur (alscon)/None/Abstain
3.​
Council Positions: Nobles & Clergy/All Classes/Abstain
Council Term: 10 years (Max)/10 Years (Min)/Life/Old System/Abstain
Cortz: All Nobility/Chamberlain/Reform/None/Abstain
Succession Laws: Full Male Preference/Limited Male Preference/Abstain
Limited Male Preference: Brothers/Daughters/Abstain
Native Policy: Coexistence/Trading/Repression/Abstain

You will have until Friday at 9am PST to vote. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class. I also wish to make an announcement. With the recent departure of some players, I've been rethinking how I handle this iAAR. I've been trying to keep people interested by adding new mechanics, but I'm starting to realize this isn't the best answer. The IC part of this iAAR is what is suffering, but unfortunately I haven't had enough time to make a ton of IC posts and encourage player interaction. I'm changing that now. I'm going to try doing special events between updates, which could be really anything in nature. Think of them as similar to the feasts we've had before, except the subject may differ. Maybe we'll have a jousting tournament or a grand ball. I'm even willing to let individual players set up their own if they want. To pull this off though, I need more time between updates. Thus after this upcoming update, I will be adopting a weekly schedule rather than my usual staggered one that has an update posted approximately every 5 days. This might prolong the iAAR and force people to wait longer between updates, but it will give me the flexibility to include more IC stuff for the players to do. I hope this helps keep people interested. If anyone has any suggestions for possible events, feel free to voice them. As I said, we can really do anything and I'm willing to let players arrange their own with my permission.

))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Council Reform:
1. Sastre (Keinwyn)
2. Montségur (alscon)
3. Abstain
Council Positions: All classes
Council Term: Old system
Cortz: Abstain
Succession Laws: Limited Male Preference
Limited Male Preference: Brothers
Native Policy: Repression

Auguste de Saint-Pierre,
Head of TATC, Grandmaster of Hispania

[courtier, merchant, admiral, Grandmaster, NPC merchant]

Last edited:
Council Reform:
1. Sastre (Keinwyn)
2. Montségur (alscon)
3. Abstain
Council Positions: All Classes
Council Term: Reform or None
Native Policy: Repression

Auguste de Saint-Pierre,
Head of TATC, Grandmaster of Hispania

[courtier, merchant, admiral, Grandmaster, NPC merchant]

((Keinwyn pointed out to me that the Council Term vote was confusing, so I guess I edited it right as you were writing this up. Feel free to edit it to fit the new options.))

Council Reform: Abstain
Council Term: Old System
Cortz: All Nobility
Limited Male Preference: Daughters
Native Policy: Trading

~Hernando Francisco de Leon

[conqusitador/unlanded noble]

Miguel Villanova

[courtier, colonist, NPC merchant]

Council Reform:
1. Kostopoulos
2. Abstain
3. None

Council Term: Life

-Santiago Aybar

[courtier, viceroy, member of TATC((does this do anything for my VP?))]

Council Reform:
1. None
2. None
3. None
Council Term: Abstain
Limited Male Preference: Abstain

[courtier, general, +1 for Montevideo]

Council Reform:
1. Sastre (Keinwyn)
2. Montségur (alscon)
3. Abstain
Council Positions: All classes
Cortz: Reform

Ioannes de Alvaro [Landed Noble]

Council Term: Life
Limited Male Preference: Abstain

[Courtier]

Last edited:
I would like to note that I fully reject any attempt to codify inheritance laws and force conformity for the nobility. Every house has it's own traditions and peculiarities that the crown has no business interfering in. In regards to the Royal succession, Absolute Male Preference ignores precedent and tradition and denies any legitimacy given by proximity of blood.

That the nobility and princes of the church should be first among His Majesty's advisers is self evident, however it is not our place to tell him in whom to place his trust.

We must bring the light of Christ to these heathen savages, as such they are better left alive.

Native Policy: Coexistence

~ Armand Antonio Sastre, Marqués Viver

[Noble]

((Council Reform:
1. Montségur
2. Sastre
3. Abstain
Limited Male Preference: Daughters

François de Montségur
[Duke, Treasurer, Cortz]))

-Palazzo Castelozzi, Palermo

'What a surprise to see you here! How are you doing, Élise?'
'Just fine. The North is a very exciting region. I guess you are doing nothing? Still not married?' She said in an accusative tone.
Louis looked away. 'Well, I have been busy administering the duchy for father. You likely don't know how much work this is...'
Élise cut in. 'Yes I know. My father-in-law is a very good administrator, but somehow poor in other matters of state, and my husband Friedrich is not the brightest mind... So I am pulling some strings in Saxony from the background when I can.'
'Really... fascinating.'
'Quit sounding dumber than you are. We need to get involved. The empire is in uproar, and as the Protestants and Reformed gain more support, the Imperial authority suffers. There is a war brewing. And it will not just involve the empire. The heart of Europe is at sake, and Europe won't watch.'
'Right. A very important conflict is coming. And you want to gain Hispania for Protestant Saxony's side?' Louis began to laugh.
'Very funny. No, I just want to give you the time to prepare.' Her glacial stare stopped his laughter.
'Well... then tell me, what do you want here? I'm happy to see you, but there's always a reason. Even more with such a distance to cover.'
'You have to marry. And as you are not looking, I found you someone.'
'Listen Élise, it is my matter, and I have to do this myself and I...'
'Christina Soop, a distant relative of the king of Sweden. Good to have good relations with the strong power from Scandinavia.'
'A very distant relative if she wants to marry me.' Louis sighed.
'You are not such a bad part. Besides, it's true. Yet she is a good, beautiful match. Oh, she's here!' She turned towards her servant, calling in the bride-to-be.
As the young Swedish woman entered, Louis Clément de Montségur knew he would soon marry.

((Building up my next character -too long a bachelor, and not much happens in François' study -... will likely host a Grand Ball when he inherits :)))

Council Reform:
1. Sastre
2. Abstain
3. Abstain

Niccolo Limmona, Duke of Naples and Capua.
General of His Majesties Armies and Marshall of the Crown

((Landed Noble))

Most honourable Auguste,

I want to offer my services as a merchant of the TPTC.

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen.

Spoiler: Private letter to Auguste de Saint-Pierre Most honourable Auguste,

I want to offer my services as a merchant of the TPTC.

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen.

((Private))

Consider yourself hired.

Auguste de Saint-Pierre

((Private))

Consider yourself hired.

Auguste de Saint-Pierre
Letter to Auguste de Saint-Pierre,

God bless you.

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen

Council Reform:
1. Sastre
2. Abstain
3. Abstain

Council Positions: Nobles and clergy

((Landed Noble, admiral, Grand Admiral))