• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I object to the proposals put forth by the Duc d'Agramunt. While it is understandable that some positions should only be held by those of Noble blood, That is not true for all. Would a noblemen or man of the cloth know about trade better than someone who spent his whole life slaving away as a merchant for the good of Hispania? I have served the crown my whole life. Now, I left behind my beloved Sevilla for the New World to again serve the king. As a member of the TATC, I have heard accounts of the savagery in Africa. The brave men who risk their lives to try and counter our rivals in Africa? Those men are not worthy of the council? Our admirals and diplomats who fight and are in constant danger? Those men are not worthy of the council? Yes, yes they are.

-Santagio Aybar
((Sorry for the typos. On mobile))

There is no place for filthy peasant rats by the side of His Majesty, the King of all Hispania.

Juliol Antonio Carlos d'Agramunt, Duc d'Elx, Conde d'Alicante

Reactions:
this position I feel should be limited to only nobles who have experience with matters related to war and not some common Rabble or common man who has no idea how to lead during war.
"What makes you say that someone who served as general/admiral for a country other than Hispania is not worthy for this type of position? Foreigners are foreign, but that does not mean this trash law is necessary! I can say the same for some of your other arguments. Remember my father Ernst, formerly the admiral of Aragon? He was German, but that did not stop the king before. Why should people with more expertise be passed over just because they are foreigners?? Has this country, in the past, EVER done this? And as for the noble part, some nobles refuse to fight in war just BECAUSE they didn't get as much training. Most other arguments of yours also follow this fallacy. Will a country based on equality ever follow discrimination? NEIN."

He then repeats basically the same thing to the Duc de Agramunt.

"AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE ARE RATS? A Duke such as you should understand!"

Edit: fixed an !

Last edited:
Reactions:
Alexandros Kostopoulos chuckles at the General. The man should be on his knees in the Royal court for his position as general. No matter he will attempt to justify his position. He writes a private letter to the General

General You are misunderstanding my position and clearly this is because you lack education in regardless to what I have laid out before the court. The Position of war master should be a Noble because that position is important to the Kingdom and when we go to war we want the best to be leading the troops and the war effort in general just like our king who is perfect in every way but not from the battlefield as that is for generals. No this Noble will be Coordinating our troops and will in a sense be a arm Chair general although not so much because they will be In charge of planning our attacks and where we will strike our forces. This man will be in charge of training the troops as well as appointing people to general and Admiral with the blessing of the King of course. Why this man should be a Noble is because Nobles are the Most loyal subjects of the king and they have the proper training to handle things like this. As for your Foreigner argument.. Well then i pray that you read over what i suggested once again. I never said Foreigners can not be war Master.. I only said Nobles should be.. But Nobles that are landed and have done good service for the Kingdom.

"What makes you say that someone who served as general/admiral for a country other than Hispania is not worthy for this type of position? Foreigners are foreign, but that does not mean this trash law is necessary! I can say the same for some of your other arguments. Remember my father Ernst, formerly the admiral of Aragon? He was German, but that did not stop the king before. Why should people with more expertise be passed over just because they are foreigners?? Has this country, in the past, EVER done this? And as for the noble part, some nobles refuse to fight in war just BECAUSE they didn't get as much training. Most other arguments of yours also follow this fallacy. Will a country based on equality ever follow discrimination? NEIN."

He then repeats basically the same thing to the Duc de Agramunt.

"AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE ARE RATS? A Duke such as you should understand!"

Edit: fixed an !

If a man has served his nation properly and faithfully, is it not correct that he should be afforded a title of nobility? I have no qualms against foreigners- my qualms alone are with heretics and those unworthy of service for His Majesty. However, I must ask, what is this "equality" of which you speak? Do you mean tolerance for heretics? I hope not! Men like you, who would so willingly sign away this kingdom to the Devil are precisely the reason why peasants should have no place in the Grand Council! Furthermore, Lübecker, I would gladly remind you that my own grandfather, a nobleman, proudly served this nation for many, many years as its finest commander, leading troops under two of Aragon's kings. I am just as willing to go against any nobleman who dares squander his God-given rights, but that is certainly no matter for a peasant! Furthermore, need I give fine, fine examples of many of Europe's greatest nations? Are the English not a nation formed through the guidance of the nobility and clergy? Likewise the French? If anything is clear, it is archaic that we would ever allow such lowly men in His Majesty's company.

Reactions:
*Miguel Villanova has decided to stay out of any government reformations and believes living in a foreign land filled with hostile barbarians is much safer than dealing with nobles*

Reactions:
What is nobility but blood of those who accomplished? If nobility is to be descended from the accomplished, then is not true accomplishment, that which can be achieved by what we today call not a noble, higher than nobility? Is the meaning of noble simply, unaccomplished, but related to a superior being? Why, then, does it matter who you are related to in regard to the Council? Nobility is not a prerequisite for worth, rather something unrelated.

((Graffiti near the house of Duc d'Agramunt))

Before he leaves for Rhodes, the cardinal makes the following proposal before the court:

3GUg7t6.png

Recognizing the growing administrative difficulties resulting from the size of our vast empire and the increasing complexity of the world financial system, I hereby propose the following changes:

I. The offices of Chancellor, Treasurer, and Steward be combined into the position of Chief Minister. In addition to the existing responsibilities of the former positions of Chancellor, Treasurer, and Steward, the Chief Minister may deny funds for any specific projects, reject raising of maintenance even during war, and appoint diplomats ((and maybe the Chief Minister can get 2 VP?)).
II. The Chief Minister serves at the pleasure of the reigning monarch and may be replaced at any time he sees fit. Any member of the court may suggest a person that they think would be best suited to the position of Chief Minister ((this leaves the door open for some type of voting system if two people want the post. The king could then choose to listen or ignore the "vote")).
III. The positions of Marshal and Grand Admiral shall be merged into the office of the Secretary of State for War. The Secretary shall be empowered to appoint generals and admirals.
IV. The other council positions (Court Chaplain, Grand Master, and the Viceroys/Representatives) shall remain.
V. The king may choose and replace any council member as he sees fit.
VI. The court may choose to lodge a complaint against an individual minister's plan, but the king is not obliged to accept the protest of the court ((leaves the old system we had intact)).

On a separate note I call for the abolishment of the Cortz. This antiquated body has served its purpose and has no place in a modern administrative monarchy. In its stead I propose that the nobles choose among themselves a Chamberlain to serve as the nobility's representative to the crown and act as a liaison between the crown and nobility ((up to Mike if he wants to give this position VP)).

~Cardinal Cassano Velazquez, Archbishop of Pirineo, Representative to the Knights of Saint John

((My thinking here is that I think it would spice the game up if we added a powerful position that people can aspire to. It also would streamline the council and cut down on VP bloat))

Last edited:
What is nobility but blood of those who accomplished? If nobility is to be descended from the accomplished, then is not true accomplishment, that which can be achieved by what we today call not a noble, higher than nobility? Is the meaning of noble simply, unaccomplished, but related to a superior being? Why, then, does it matter who you are related to in regard to the Council? Nobility is not a prerequisite for worth, rather something unrelated.

((Graffiti near the house of Duc d'Agramunt))

What an insolent fool! You dare to call a peasant greater than a nobleman! Do you wish to take these words to the grave? I would urge you to apologize, senyor, not merely to me, but to the entirety of this nation's fine and grand nobility, but I am not a forgiving man, and I believe that the ignorant will only learn through appropriate punishment... Bear in mind, such words are the early seeds that will lead to such vulgarities as the denouncement of His Majesty's God-given authority! This scum calls the men of the nobility, who derive their authority not through relation to a forefather, but through a continually renewed pact that delivers unto them a degree of that God-given authority per regnum! Does he denounce the King of Hispania? Does he denounce the Lord, our God? I am aghast! I am distraught! Look here, clergymen! See this sinner as he walks before the face of the King of Hispania! See this sinner as he claims, for even the shortest moment, that he should have a place before the King! The fool knows neither right from wrong, nobleman from peasant, God from Devil! Cast the fool out... He seeks a place before His Majesty? Then he shall have one at a tribunal! I call for the arrest and trial of this man, for crimes against God, King, Nobility, and Country!

"Just as I had wanted... Hispania is falling... The people are finally revolting... against the nobles and clergy... soon there will be a republic, tolerant of all, with great riches and colonial holdings all around the world! In 450 years España will be the greatest nation on earth!"

((I regret to inform the people of this iAAR that I will not be continuing in posting. I have been greatly discouraged by how this iAAR has slowly lost participants and has become and back and forth struggle between a few very involved people. I should know, I was one of them for a few months. Now I just can't keep up with everyone's bickering and plans. I also haven't been happy with the path of Aragon either. I know I should work to change these things within the iAAR itself but I don't have the time to put the effort into writing practical, realistic laws and letters to a dwindling or nonexistent audience that ultimately regards them as arbitrary.

I wish you all the best luck!))

Reactions:
((Using one of many, many characters that I have. Sorry that I couldn't come on the IRC chat, but my internet provider has a problem on their part and won't fix it until Tuesday :mad:))

Public letter to the court of Aragon,

We, the de Almeria family, want to apologize for the crimes and misdeeds commited by 2 members of the family. Ferdinant II had commited the ultimate sin of suicide, and we believe it was out of fear of the Inquisition, that had wrongfully inprisoned him before. His son was known in the family to be quite fond of his opium. We believe that he might have had a bit too much when he decided to assasinate cardinal Velazquez.

We want to repay any damage done to Cardinal Velazquez, while we disagree with your actions, we do have the honour to pay for any repairs. That's the least we can do.

And lastly, about the hunt for Ferdinant. We have heard rumors that he had fled to the Low Countries. Brabant, to be exact. We do not know any more about the situation.

- The de Almeria family

Before he leaves for Rhodes, the cardinal makes the following proposal before the court:

3GUg7t6.png

Recognizing the growing administrative difficulties resulting from the size of our vast empire and the increasing complexity of the world financial system, I hereby propose the following changes:

I. The offices of Chancellor, Treasurer, and Steward be combined into the position of Chief Minister. In addition to the existing responsibilities of the former positions of Chancellor, Treasurer, and Steward, the Chief Minister may deny funds for any specific projects, reject raising of maintenance even during war, and appoint diplomats ((and maybe the Chief Minister can get 2 VP?)).
II. The Chief Minister serves at the pleasure of the reigning monarch and may be replaced at any time he sees fit. Any member of the court may suggest a person that they think would be best suited to the position of Chief Minister ((this leaves the door open for some type of voting system if two people want the post. The king could then choose to listen or ignore the "vote")).
III. The positions of Marshal and Grand Admiral shall be merged into the office of the Secretary of State for War. The Secretary shall be empowered to appoint generals and admirals.
IV. The other council positions (Court Chaplain, Grand Master, and the Viceroys/Representatives) shall remain.
V. The king may choose and replace any council member as he sees fit.
VI. The court may choose to lodge a complaint against an individual minister's plan, but the king is not obliged to accept the protest of the court ((leaves the old system we had intact)).

On a separate note I call for the abolishment of the Cortz. This antiquated body has served its purpose and has no place in a modern administrative monarchy. In its stead I propose that the nobles choose among themselves a Chamberlain to serve as the nobility's representative to the crown and act as a liaison between the crown and nobility ((up to Mike if he wants to give this position VP)).

~Cardinal Cassano Velazquez, Archbishop of Pirineo, Representative to the Knights of Saint John

((My thinking here is that I think it would spice the game up if we added a powerful position that people can aspire to. It also would streamline the council and cut down on VP bloat))

((I can confirm that I would most likely give this position of Chief Minister 2VP to represent the importance of the position. Seeing as the Chamberlain would replaced the Cortz, he'd also get +1VP.))

((I regret to inform the people of this iAAR that I will not be continuing in posting. I have been greatly discouraged by how this iAAR has slowly lost participants and has become and back and forth struggle between a few very involved people. I should know, I was one of them for a few months. Now I just can't keep up with everyone's bickering and plans. I also haven't been happy with the path of Aragon either. I know I should work to change these things within the iAAR itself but I don't have the time to put the effort into writing practical, realistic laws and letters to a dwindling or nonexistent audience that ultimately regards them as arbitrary.

I wish you all the best luck!))

((I'm sorry to see you go. :())

((Using one of many, many characters that I have. Sorry that I couldn't come on the IRC chat, but my internet provider has a problem on their part and won't fix it until Tuesday :mad:))

Public letter to the court of Aragon,

We, the de Almeria family, want to apologize for the crimes and misdeeds commited by 2 members of the family. Ferdinant II had commited the ultimate sin of suicide, and we believe it was out of fear of the Inquisition, that had wrongfully inprisoned him before. His son was known in the family to be quite fond of his opium. We believe that he might have had a bit too much when he decided to assasinate cardinal Velazquez.

We want to repay any damage done to Cardinal Velazquez, while we disagree with your actions, we do have the honour to pay for any repairs. That's the least we can do.

And lastly, about the hunt for Ferdinant. We have heard rumors that he had fled to the Low Countries. Brabant, to be exact. We do not know any more about the situation.

- The de Almeria family

I would prefer you to send a nice donation to the Church then to me personally.

-Velazquez

((I've done some work on the new rules. Admittedly, they're much simpler than I first thought they'd be. As mentioned earlier, I'm going to tie influence to VP, and if it gets high enough it can help spark a coup. Loyalty will represent NPC loyalty, since it's a good way to account for the hundreds and thousands of people not represented by players. I've decided to mostly ignore the provinces, since it is too difficult to tie it into what we have here. If I think of a way to do it, I may change it later, but for now it's easier to pretend it's not there. I've also been able to write up some official rules for assassination and even added in something for duels (you can thank alscon for that suggestion). Also, I've added to the trading company rules to allow for extra VP from trade nodes outside the in-game trading company regions and colonial regions, since it seems unfair that only trading companies operating in those regions get bonus VP and not ones operating in places like Europe. I've worked on revitalizing the spymaster role, tying him in to the detection of crimes and coups rather than reading letters. You can stop worrying about your letters being made public now. :p Anyway, here is what I've written up so far and added to the rules.

Estates

With the addition of the Cossacks DLC, we now have the estate system to use. Each class is tied to a different estate and receives bonuses and penalties from each of them. Influence and loyalty will have a direct impact on VP and how coups work. In the case of influence, it represents an estate’s power at court. It is tied directly to VP, granting a bonus the higher it is. Extra VP is assigned to each member of an estate based on the influence they have. Influence can be raised and lowered by proposals and decisions from the forum, which will be determined at the GM’s discretion. Each 10% of influence increases VP for all members of that estate by +0.5.

Having influence over 80% lowers the threshold for coups designed to install a government specific to each estate. Each percent above 80% lowers the number of votes required for those specific coups by 1%, for a maximum of 20% at 100 influence. Keep in mind that revolt risk still influences coups and that the required votes cannot drop below 50%. However, if the disaster associated with high influence triggers, the 50% minimum cap is removed for that specific coup. This means that if revolt risk is particularly high, it is possible for a government change coup to succeed with under 50% of the votes. If the disaster is removed, the cap is reinstated. The following estates receive the bonus from influence to the following coups:

Courtiers – Change to any republic (excluding noble republic). If the government is currently a republic, the coup for changing to a government of the same type is used, meaning 70% of the votes is needed instead of 80%.
Clergy – Change to theocracy.
Nobles – Change to noble republic. If the government is currently a republic, the coup for changing to a government of the same type is used, meaning 70% of the votes is needed instead of 80%.

Loyalty does not so much as represent the players’ loyalty as that of the NPC portion of their estate. It can be raised and lowered through proposals and decisions in the forum affecting that estate, which will be determined at the GM’s discretion. It basically represents how much the NPCs in each estate support the government, and thus their chance of supporting a coup. The bonuses and penalties work as such:

<30% Loyalty – The NPCs support a coup. They grant all members +1VP to coup attempts and -1VP if voting against coups.
30-59% Loyalty – The NPCs are neutral and do not grant extra VP to coup attempts.
>=60% Loyalty – The NPCs are against coups. They grant all members +1VP against coup attempts and -1VP if voting for coups.

Estates do not control provinces, as the game shows, but rather greatly influence them. If an estate controls a province in-game, they are merely considered the most influential of the estates in that province. This only affects the iAAR in RP reasons and in-game bonuses/penalties. For example, if a province is controlled by the clergy, that does not mean the noble of that province loses their title. Instead they are merely less influential than the clergy in that province. It has no major effect on any affected player or their VP.

Assassination

At any point any player may attempt an assassination of another player. The base chance of success is 5% and it cannot drop below this except in special circumstances. This success rate is then modified both by the assassin’s and intended victim’s VP. Each point of VP the assassin has is added to their chance of success. Each point of VP the intended victim has is subtracted from the chance of success. With one assassin, the success rate is capped at a maximum of 10%. The chance of getting caught is 60%. Of that 60% chance of discovery, 25% is getting discovered by the spymaster (or random character if there is no spymaster), 30% is becoming publicly known as the assassin, and 5% is dying during the assassination attempt. These rates are not modified by anything. It should be noted that if only the spymaster learns of the crime, everyone will be informed in thread that the assassin got away, but the spymaster will be informed by PM that they know of the crime.

Assassins may also involve conspirators. Each conspirator adds their VP to the chance of success, which is capped at 20% when multiple conspirators are involved. It should be noted that each conspirator receives their own separate roll for the chance of being discovered. The chances are the same as for one person, except the 30% for being publicly known is split into 20% for just the one conspirator being known and 10% for all conspirators being known. This means that one conspirator may accidentally reveal everyone, or that they may be the only one caught and then may choose to rat out the others. Choose your conspirators wisely.

Duelling

Players may challenge any other player to a duel at any time. If the person being challenged accepts, they then choose the weapon used. The two must then agree on whether the duel is to the first blood or to the death, that is if a melee weapon was chosen. Both players must choose a second for the duel, who can be either another player or an NPC. Once that is all decided, the duel can proceed. A simple roll is conducted to determine who won if the duel is with melee weapons, with the loser dying if the duel is to the death. Anyone who has served as a leader receives +10% to their chance of success to represent their military experience. For first blood, a second roll will then be conducted to determine the severity of the wound. A player may choose to attempt to kill the other player even in a first blood duel to increase the chances of victory (+10%) and causing a nasty wound (+20), but at the risk of taking a serious hit to their reputation (-1VP). If a wound is inflicted, the severity of the wound differs based on the roll. Another roll will be conducted if the wound is severe enough to possibly lead to death.

1-30 – Minor scratch or light wound
31-60 – Medium wound, at worst resulting in a scar
61-75 – Deep wound to extremities with 10% chance of dying from wounds
76-90 – Deep wound to torso with 20% chance of dying from wounds
91-95 – Crippled or maimed with 50% chance of dying from wounds
96-100 – Dead

Firearms/ranged weapons are treated differently. Unlike with melee weapons, a duel involving firearms is usually just each participant firing one shot at each other rather than a continual fight until someone wins. In this case one, both, or neither participant may achieve a hit. A roll will be done for both players to determine how they fare in the duel. Anyone who has served as a leader receives +10 to their roll to represent their military experience.

1-5 – Weapon jammed
6-10 – Blank bullet
11-15 – Embarrassing miss
16-20 – Accidentally shot the opponent’s second
21-25 – Hit object nowhere near opponent
26-30 – Hit object near opponent
31-35 – Hit opponent’s clothing but not them
36-50 – Glancing blow but no wound
51-60 – Inflicted light wound
61-70 – Inflicted medium wound, at worst resulting in a scar
71-80 – Inflicted deep wound to extremities with 10% chance of dying from wounds
81-90 – Inflicted deep wound to torso with 20% chance of dying from wounds
91-95 – Crippled or maimed opponent with 50% chance of dying from wounds.
96-100 – Killed opponent

Trading Companies

At any time any courtier, preferably a merchant, may choose to found a trading company. They will be required to write up a charter and keep track of all members. Trading companies at first are general and simply act within the kingdom. However, they may be granted monopolies on certain regions, as represented by in-game trading companies and colonial regions. To claim monopolies on these regions, the trading company must petition the king for the right to sole operation within the region. Once the right is granted, all provinces within the region are added to a trading company. If the in-game trading company or colonial nation becomes successful enough to grant an extra merchant, that in-game merchant is assigned to the trading company. Members of the trading company decide which member will take the position and receive the one extra voting power. A trading company may also choose to keep the merchant as an NPC, such as when there are more in-game merchants than members of the trading company or when all members already have other roles. In this case, the extra VP can be assigned to any member of the trading company, including the head, provided they do not already have a VP bonus from a monopoly.

In regions without an in-game trading company or colonial nation, such as Europe, monopolies are decided by who controls the majority of trade in each trade node. Trading companies may be granted monopolies on a specific trade node and if our kingdom controls the most of the trade there, the trading company receives its extra VP. It should be noted that monopolies will not be granted to trade nodes where we control a majority of the provinces or that is the home node (ex. Genoa, Sevilla, etc). This is to represent that most trade there is domestic trade and thus monopolies wouldn’t apply.

Every trading company must make a post that includes their charter and a list of members. I will link to this post in the table of contents for easy access. The trading company should also have a clear method for determining the head of the company, whether it is determined by blood, seniority, or a vote. It should be noted that only courtiers may join a trading company.

Spymaster/Minister of Intelligence - The Spymaster is a special role. The Spymaster does not make any plans. Instead, they keep an ear open for secrets and conspiracies. Whenever a player attempts any illegal action or a coup, the spymaster has a chance to discover that action, both before or after it occurs. In regards to crime, the spymaster may either learn of the crime after the fact, while the rest of the court remains in the dark, or may learn that a crime is being planned beforehand. In the first instance, the spymaster may reveal the crime, blackmail the person, or keep it secret. In the second, the spymaster may tip off the proper authorities, thus increasing the chances of the person getting caught, or allow the crime to happen, thus opening them up to the three former options. If a player starts a coup, the spymaster has a 30% chance of learning of the coup beforehand. They can then use this information to either support or stop the coup. Due to this knowledge and their less savoury skills, their VP is doubled for coups if they learn of it beforehand.

What makes the spymaster quite interesting is that the role is kept secret. Only the player chosen as spymaster and the GM know the identity of the spymaster. The spymaster will send all their orders by PM to keep their identity secret, and all information they uncover will only be revealed to them, so players will never know when their secrets have been uncovered. If the spymaster ever wants to utilize the information they acquire, they may state in PM what they wish to do with it, followed by the GM carrying through with it for them. This is to avoid the spymaster having to post about it and reveal their identity. They are free to reveal their identity or any information they have to any player they wish, although preferably they will keep me informed of these decisions.

The spymaster does still receive the voting bonus that other council members receive, since obviously the king would take their vote into greater consideration and only I can see the bonuses. If the government becomes a republic, the secrecy of the position is removed and the position becomes official. This it to represent the transparency of a democratic system of government. All orders are still conducted by PM, but everyone knows who the Minister of Intelligence is. If anyone wants this position, they must request it through PM.

If anyone has any suggestions or perhaps new features they might like to see in the future, just suggest them. Heaven forbid I run out of things to do for this iAAR. :rolleyes:))

Reactions:
myKh8vJ.png

-to the court-

I have to disagree with Cardinal Velazquez when he says that the Cortz has served its purpose, though in the core his proposal is well-founded. A chamberlain would indeed be a good representative, but in its role as defender of the nobility's rights, one person might not be enough. What I am thinking of is to adapt this position, but have him elected from the three members of the Cortz. The Cortz would continue existing as a body, and decide of any trials involving a member of the noble class as accused. His Majesty would of course have the right to go against the Cortz' judgment.

Besides, I would favour an administration divided into four crucial parts: Diplomacy, Economy, Military, Religion.
I. The Diplomacy part would be under the lead of the Chancellor with the current functions of this position. The Representatives to Byzantium and the Knights would nominally report to him as well as the Viceroys, giving the Chancellor the right to veto their plans should they go against his current policies.
II. The Economy would encompass the current positions of Treasurer, Steward and Grandmaster. All of these positions would continue to exist, with one of them elected as head. This head would have to coordinate the efforts of the offices, able to veto their plans, as they will likely not work out as well as they do currently. If a position is vacant, it would fall under his direction until a new appointment is made.
III. The Military would be administered by one person, the Marshal. He would take over the responsibilities of the Grand Admiral, though he would be able to appoint someone similar to this role if he feels that he has not enough knowledge of naval matters.
IV. The Religious office of Court Chaplain would not be subject to any change.
V. His Majesty would be able to appoint and possibly revoke these offices.
VI. If His Majesty doesn't make use of this right, then the heads of the administrative parts would be able to appoint the offices beneath them.
VII. Complaints would be directed against these leaders first. If they don't make use of their veto, or the complaint is directed against their plan, then the King will decide about it or put it to a vote.

-François de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria and Treasurer of the Crown

((A suggestion about the Spymaster: maybe make it known that there is one (ofc not who).))

( I Regret to say that I will be dropping out of this IAAR. Although I had a lot of fun with the way things have gone lately It lost that feeling of fun. When I join these type of Fourm games. I like to put on a show and when people say that it would be a waste of time to do this or that than it just sucks the fun out for me. I also haven't been happy with the path of Aragon either as Von said. The path Aragon has gone is downhill starting with the guy from Sevilla leaving and the targting of that one person for heresy back to back. Those things just do not make the game fun at all. So yeah I regret to say this but i will be resigning. I think the major one is that people find it " Time consuming to do anything but write a letter " which too me makes the same less fun as it takes away the Rp aspect of the game. Anyway.

As for what to do with the Order.. Just say it merged or something or that it is opened to all clergy etc.. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck and will say it again.. I am Reigning from this game. )

I would prefer you to send a nice donation to the Church then to me personally.

-Velazquez

Very well.

A donation of 5% of the total de Almeria wealth will be made to the Catholic church. Deus vult!

((Meanwhile in Brabant.))

"Dem is some gooooooood opium!" *Ferdinant smokes some opium* "Damn son!"

((Sad to see you go, @LordDamien))

(( We should get Personal Wealth in the iAAR. The way of getting wealth is simple:

1. Everyone will get 2 duckats per year as a salary
2. Government positions will increase your salary. (1 duckat per position. This includes Diplomats, Merchants, Colonists, Missionaries, Generals and Admirals. All council and cortz positions will give 1 duckat salary.)
3. Provinces in your control. 2 duckats per year. Buildings can change this number by one per building.
4. Colonies funded by you. -2 duckats per year.
5. Trade companies. 5 duckats base, 1 per monopoly. This will be spread over the members of the company.
6. Gifts and bribes.
7. Trading ships. 1 duckat per ship.

Every player will have to calculate their salary themselves. Everyone will start with a personal wealth of 10 duckats.

Personal Wealth can be used to:

1. Fund building projects in the country.
2. Bribe people
3. Buy special privileges.
4. Buy trading ships.

Prices for the things are not yet specified. If @Michaelangelo wants, there can be someone who will check if there is not being cheated in the system by people who want extra money.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
(( We should get Personal Wealth in the iAAR. The way of getting wealth is simple:

1. Everyone will get 2 duckats per year as a salary
2. Government positions will increase your salary. (1 duckat per position. This includes Diplomats, Merchants, Colonists, Missionaries, Generals and Admirals. All council and cortz positions will give 1 duckat salary.)
3. Provinces in your control. 2 duckats per year. Buildings can change this number by one per building.
4. Colonies funded by you. -2 duckats per year.
5. Trade companies. 5 duckats base, 1 per monopoly. This will be spread over the members of the company.
6. Gifts and bribes.
7. Trading ships. 1 duckat per ship.

Every player will have to calculate their salary themselves. Everyone will start with a personal wealth of 10 duckats.

Personal Wealth can be used to:

1. Fund building projects in the country.
2. Bribe people
3. Buy special privileges.
4. Buy trading ships.

Prices for the things are not yet specified. If @Michaelangelo wants, there can be someone who will check if there is not being cheated in the system by people who want extra money.))

((Originally the iAAR had a system like this but the mods asked us to scrap it. While it would give players more things to do and represent the disparity of wealth amongst the classes properly, it may be tricky to implement. At this point I feel like this iAAR is getting too complex and perhaps that is why people aren't enjoying it as much. I'll need to think on this more.))

Reactions:
((Private))
Ferdinant grew a beard, got a haircut and changed his name. He returned to Aragon, to serve in the court.

Name: Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen
DOB: 1st of April 1541
Religion: Catholic
Class: Courtier, "foreigner"
Bio: Jan Pieterszoon is a rich merchant from Antwerp.

Letter to the most honourable Cardinal Velazquez, aka 'the Iron Cardinal',

Oh great cardinal, defender of the Catholic church itself. I am Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen, and I want to thank you for the great steps you have made in eliminating the vile Heretics. I have myself fled from Antwerp because of what we call the Beeldenstorm. Some angry Protestant scum raped and killed priests. Even worse than that, they completely destroyed the churches. I don't know if this will escalate into something big, but I hope that it'll be contained to Antwerp. We don't want angry peasants to destroy our churches. I will do everything I can to protect Aragon from the Protestants! May God be with us!

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen

Last edited:
Reactions: