• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( List for colonies
Andre Massena - Guantanmo
chief bearpaw - Gabon
Totally Oink - Tandil
Robban204 - Havana
alscon - Nazca
ML8991 - Tandil
Firehound15 - Pamlico

still waiting on Oink and ML to figure out colony choice))

((@DragonOfAtlantis i'll change over to manabe, the sole colonizable province on 'madagascar' ((could i choose a new name for the island also, given this will be the first colony on the island mike?))))

Votes
Grand admiral's plan: abstain
Cossacks: DLC ((if maintains stablity :) ))

Duc Francesco de Soneta, Chancellor

Last edited:
Of matters of the water, Santoros "Abu" Hashem admits he doesn't know much. He abstains.

((Cossack: Yes))
((Courtier, Governor of Brakna, Santoros "Abu" Hashem))

Grand admiral plan: abstain
Cossacks: Everything! (DLC)

~Hernando Francisco de Leon (unlanded noble)

((I will abstain from this vote.))

((Cossacks: Yes))

[Ye olde criminal, that wants to get his opinion out there.]

As the burdens of governing an ever growing realm increase, It is only natural that His Majesty’s subjects should take up grater responsibilities in order to ease that burden.
The only way to control such a realm is by establishing a permanent bureaucracy to be headed by His Majesty's Council. I therefore propose the following for the court's consideration.

Administrative Reform

I. These members of His Majesty's Council will take on the following responsibilities in addition to their existing ones:

Chancellor -
Appoints diplomats

Treasurer -
May deny funds for any specific project; buildings, troop/navy construction.
May reject raising of maintenance even during war.

Grandmaster -
Appoints Merchants
May propose the granting and revoking of monopolies. The entire Council shall then vote on the matter. ((King may wield his veto))

Marshal -
Appoints Generals

Grand Admiral -
Appoints Admirals

Court Chaplain -
Appoints Missionaries.

II. Ministers may not remove agents without sufficient reason. The King may grant permission for removal.

III. Ministers may hold up to two ministries (must be related e.g- steward/treasurer, treasurer/grandmaster, grandmaster/admiral, admiral/marshal). ((but only get VP for the first.))

IV. For the purposes of trials and suchlike the Small Council shall be used. This does not include viceroys and representatives.

V. Ministers are appointed for a ten year period by the King. ((This is not a limit, they may simply be replaced without penalty after this amount of time.))

VI. The court may object to an appointment, and put it to a vote. ((The King may still veto in his chosen individual))

VII. The King may dismiss any minister at any time with the court’s consent. ((may also use his veto))

VIII. Ministers’ plans may no longer be objected to by the court.

IX. The King may object to a plan, and put it to a vote of the court. ((or Veto it outright))

X. The King may, at any time, make his will known to his ministers. They ignore him at their own peril.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Results of the vote:

Grand Admiral's Plan: Passed
Cossacks: Cossacks

The deadline for reforms is still Tuesday at 12pm PST, so feel free to post them until then. I'll also start finalizing rules for using Cossacks. I'm leaning towards using a system similar to what Andre suggested earlier with influence granting VP bonus to a class, but I still need to figure out the numbers. For loyalty, I think I'll have it represent the NPC's loyalty, since it's a good way to represent the hundreds and thousands of unrepresented subjects and what they think of the current government. I still need to figure out how exactly to tie these both into the coup system, but it shouldn't be too hard. As for provinces assigned to each estate, I'm tempted to mostly just ignore them. Attempting to assign provinces based on our iAAR titles would ruin the game balance and cause unnecessary complications. Instead the provinces assigned to each estate will merely represent where an estate has a strong presence, such as courtiers being more influential in major trade centres. It also looks like our chancellor gets some new things to do with the ability to set attitudes towards other nations and designate strategic provinces. If anyone has suggestions for how to make the rules fit the changes in Cossack, feel free to give some. I think I have it mostly figured out for now. :)))

Reactions:
Alexandros Kostopoulos suggest the following changes to the proposal that Duke Armand Antoonio bought up for Administration reform.

I do not believe that the treasurer should be able to control anything war related. Thus i propose we add a new Position to the council called War Minister who will be in charge of everything war related. He will be in charge of appointing Generals and admirals with the blessing of the King He will be in charge of raising War taxes and Maintenance. this position I feel should be limited to only nobles who have experience with matters related to war and not some common Rabble or common man who has no idea how to lead during war. No I believe only a Noble or Royal family member can become War minster as this will ensure victory and it will make the most sense.

Proposal For new position on council ( This goes along with Duke Armand Proposal but changes a few things)

War Master
Appoints Generals
Appoints Admirals
Needs the blessing of the King in order to appoint people to General and Admiral
Can Raise War Taxes
Can Raise Maintenance
Must be a Noble or Royal ( No Courtiers )

But I also believe that the Treasurer should appoint merchants. Thus I believe that the position of Grand master should be removed and his powers given to the Treasurer . Since he is ultimately the one in charge of the Economy. The Grand master though wont lose anything with the proposal. He will be able grant and revoking of monopolies without a vote from the full council. Although the King still has the right to veto his decisions. He wont need to ask the council for a vote.

Treasurer
Can appoint Merchants
May deny funds for any specific project; buildings, troop/navy construction.
May propose Spending Recommendations ( The King may wield his veto )

Grand-Master
May propose the granting and revoking of monopolies without a full council vote
The King may wield his veto power
May Appoint merchant Admirals ( ones that protect trade etc )

Court Chaplain -
Appoints Missionaries.
Can make a request to the Pope to Make someone a Archbishop
Can make a request to the Pope to make someone a Cardinal
Can make a Request to the pope to make someone a Bishop

These positions should be added to the council as they are important. They are our eyes and ears of our vassals the Byzantines and the Knights without them we will not know what our Vassals or allies as I like to call them are thinking and what they request in terms of help or support. These two positions are important for the kingdom.

Representative of Byzantium
Representative of the knights

The following Are proposed

I. Ministers are appointed for Life by the King

II. The King may dismiss any minister at any time within reason ( Cant just be because you had a bad day ) . Although doing so too many times will cause a penalty

III. Ministers’ plans may be objected to by the court. No Vote may be called

IV. The King may object to a plan at any time for whatever reason and it is up to call for a vote or not

V. Ministers may hold one position on council

VI. The court may object to an appointment only with a valid reason that is backed up with facts ( no personal bias or family history )

VIII The King is the sole Judge of the Kingdom and thus all Trials and Suchlike go to him directly to be heard

I wish to propose the following ( This is Separate from the Admin )

Succession law and inheritance For Royals and Nobles

1 - Only Males can Inherit the lands of their family If there are no males to inherit the land can then past on to a woman in extreme circumstances and with approval of the crown and court ( For Nobles). In the Case of Royals the Crown can past to a woman after all the males have died.

2 -All Females currently holding land are to give that land to a male Relative or their husbands ,if their are no males the land goes back to the crown ( This is for Nobles )

3- The Succession Law for Nobles and Royals is that land is passed down from Father to Eldest son, Or in the case of no eldest son, From father to the next of age Son.

4- All positions in government are to be run by Men and only Men. The only exception are diplomats which a woman can be appointed as. ( this does not apply to Royal woman . As Royal woman and be appointed to any position regardless )

5- No land may pass outside of the Kingdom ( Nobody from outside of the Kingdom regardless if they are family may Inherit )

Last edited:
Three separate proposals from the Duc d'Agramunt:

I. Council positions may only be held by nobles or clergy.

II. Council positions may only be held for a period of, at maximum, ten years at one given time.

III. All counts and dukes are entitled to sit upon the Cortz.

Reactions:
I object to the proposals put forth by the Duc d'Agramunt. While it is understandable that some positions should only be held by those of Noble blood, That is not true for all. Would a noblemen or man of the cloth know about trade better than someone who spent his whole life slaving away as a merchant for the good of Hispania? I have served the crown my whole life. Now, I left behind my beloved Sevilla for the New World to again serve the king. As a member of the TATC, I have heard accounts of the savagery in Africa. The brave men who risk their lives to try and counter our rivals in Africa? Those men are not worthy of the council? Our admirals and diplomats who fight and are in constant danger? Those men are not worthy of the council? Yes, yes they are.

-Santagio Aybar
((Sorry for the typos. On mobile))

Reactions: