• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dear Duke Francois de Montsegur,

I commend you for your vote for the Tolerance Law. I, too, share the same beliefs. However, the power-mad lunatic Velazquez is on a psychotic hunt for blood.
I therefore advise you to change your vote, for who knows what an Inquisition, however injust, can do to a man of your majesty. The time for change is not now. When the murderer Velazquez passes, then can we strive for the salvation of the heretics. Until now, we must hide in the shadows, and bide our time.

Sincerely,
Brother in Faith, Santoros "Abu' Hashem

P.S. Besides, it makes no difference as to the outcome. We have too many misguided fools in Hispania to bring about progress.

Dear Duke Francois de Montsegur,

I commend you for your vote for the Tolerance Law. I, too, share the same beliefs. However, the power-mad lunatic Velazquez is on a psychotic hunt for blood.
I therefore advise you to change your vote, for who knows what an Inquisition, however injust, can do to a man of your majesty. The time for change is not now. When the murderer Velazquez passes, then can we strive for the salvation of the heretics. Until now, we must hide in the shadows, and bide our time.

Sincerely,
Brother in Faith, Santoros "Abu' Hashem

P.S. Besides, it makes no difference as to the outcome. We have too many misguided fools in Hispania to bring about progress.

My good man,

I thank you for your concerns. But I cannot stand by idly when there is injustified violence at stake. If the court decides against tolerance, so be it. But then it should be because everyone voiced his opinion. If there are more desiring to fight a peaceful coexistence, then so be it. But not because I was hiding somewhere. I will do all in my power against it. Should there be burnings, inquisitorial torture, I will not be one who supports these wrongs. The kingdom needs them all, and I will not go against my morale just because there is some threat looming over my head. Though I am a Duke sitting in the Cortz, so the situation might be different to yours. Be true to yourself. I do not urge you to change your vote, just that you will consider this in the future.

Respectfully,
François de Montségur, Duc de Trinacrie

Santiago sees the letter from Alexandros Kostopoulos and shrugs nonchalantly before writing his reply

To Alexandros Kostopoulos,

I would gladly change my vote if it would cement a marriage with your daughter.

Thank you,

Santiago Aybar

Vote Change

Society of Jesus: Independent under Kostopoulos

[Courtier]

My good man,

I thank you for your concerns. But I cannot stand by idly when there is injustified violence at stake. If the court decides against tolerance, so be it. But then it should be because everyone voiced his opinion. If there are more desiring to fight a peaceful coexistence, then so be it. But not because I was hiding somewhere. I will do all in my power against it. Should there be burnings, inquisitorial torture, I will not be one who supports these wrongs. The kingdom needs them all, and I will not go against my morale just because there is some threat looming over my head. Though I am a Duke sitting in the Cortz, so the situation might be different to yours. Be true to yourself. I do not urge you to change your vote, just that you will consider this in the future.

Respectfully,
François de Montségur, Duc de Trinacrie

Dear Francois de Montsegur

The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church. (Though if we're lucky, it won't have to be that way.)

Sincerely,
Brother in Faith, Santoros "Abu" Hashem

Santoros now votes for the Tolerance Law. He will not be intimidated.

((Yes Tolerance Law Final Edit-probably))

@05060403

To the respectable Auguste de Saint Pierre,

I guess that 50% can be sufficient, i expect to see a representative of yours to arrive shortly, where we can discuss fine details and transportation matters, amongst other things ((if want to do IC, you more than welcome to))

Yours Sincerely,
Duc Francesco de Soneta, Conte de Pirineo, Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko

To the respectable Auguste de Saint Pierre,

I guess that 50% can be sufficient, i expect to see a representative of yours to arrive shortly, where we can discuss fine details and transportation matters, amongst other things ((if want to do IC, you more than welcome to))

Yours Sincerely,
Duc Francesco de Soneta, Conte de Pirineo, Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko

To Duc Francesco Andreas Maximilas de Soneta, Conte de Pirineo, Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko,
You can expect a representative soon. He will set up a regional office to administer the trade. If you wish to discuss the details you can visit me in my office in Valencia. I will be more than happy to provide answers to you.
With regards,
Auguste de Saint-Pierre,
Head of Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

((We've hit the vote deadline. Here are the results.

Society of Jesus: Independent under Kostopoulos
The Tolerance Law: No

Assassinations: Yes

Based on the results of this vote, the Society of Jesus will be created as an independent organization that will be lead by a member of the Kostopoulos family from now on. I will create a special role for the head of the order (Is it still going to be Grandmaster because I associate that with the council positon?). This role can only be filled by a member of the clergy, since it is a missionary order, and can only be filled by someone of the Kostopoulos family. Any clergy who assumes this role cannot be appointed archbishop, cardinal, or Pope.

As for assassinations, I will now allow them without people having to receive the approval of the victim first. However, the vote was incredibly close, so I'm going to make the chance of success very low. It probably won't go over 10%.))

((Requesting a roll to assasinate Cardinal Velazquez, better known as that damned @Andre Massena ))

To the esteemed king
I request the position of Grand admiral, I have many years of successful command of one of your fleets and I feel that I would serve well as the Grand admiral, having got an almost unique experience in the matters.

~Admiral Juan Porcelli
((Imagine I sent this after the turn))

((Requesting a roll to assasinate Cardinal Velazquez, better known as that damned @Andre Massena ))

((Your roll for the assassination attempt was 79, which was not high enough for success. 34 was then rolled to decide if you got away, but it was too low so you were caught in the attempt. Dreumel, you have the choice of attempting to escape arrest, otherwise you will be placed before the Council and tried for attempted murder.))

((Your roll for the assassination attempt was 79, which was not high enough for success. 34 was then rolled to decide if you got away, but it was too low so you were caught in the attempt. Dreumel, you have the choice of attempting to escape arrest, otherwise you will be placed before the Council and tried for attempted murder.))
((Attempting to escape. To the Falklands we go!))

((Wait wait wait everything over 75 should be a success))

((As you can see in earlier post when I ended the vote, I did say there would be a maximum of 10% chance of success, so he needed at least 90.))

((Attempting to escape. To the Falklands we go!))

((Well you're lucky here. You rolled 16, meaning you escaped arrest. You're now a wanted criminal though, so you can no longer vote except in OOC votes and have 0VP. If caught later, you'll be executed. By the way, it's Giuseppia now, not the Falklands. :p))

Last edited:
((Well you're lucky here. You rolled 16, meaning you escaped arrest. You're now a wanted criminal though, so you can no longer vote escape in OOC votes and have 0VP. If caught later, you'll be executed. By the way, it's Giuseppia now, not the Falklands. :p))
((It'll always stay Falklands in my heart.))

"Now, where is the "giuseppian" opium? I'll have to fish for it..."

Last edited:
Ferdinant decided that the Falklands were dull and boring. He had to stay low, and where can you stay low better than in the Low Countries! He set off on his voyage to the nation of Brabant, and decided to life in a town called Dreumel. ((Well, where else can I go and not live a happy life as a farmer in some unknown village!))

Alexandros Kostopoulos heard the news of the vote and smiled. The holy order was created and it was going to be run by his family. He quickly gathered his sons and told them the news. A male Member of the family will always lead the holy order and this is what god had wanted for his family.The land will not pass out of their hands though because the family will still control the land as he did have other sons and daughters. He quickly wrote a private letter to the King

Your Majesty
I wish to request to formally take up the position of grand master of the Jesuits. I will be leaving the land in the hands of my youngest Son Alexander who will see to it the day to day running of the Lands. I wish to request that I be able to keep my position as Representative of Byzantium even as I take up the Job of Grand master of Jesuits. My family would like to also thank you for your support of my family creating the Missionary order and allowing us to run the Missionary order as well. And finally I wish to be able to travel to province in order to convert the Hertics to the true faith. Although i am not court Chaplin..I would like to still attempt to convert the Hertics to the true faith.

Sincerely
Alexandros Kostopoulos
Grand master of the Jesuits
Representative of byzantium

The Iron Cardinal had narrowly avoided the assassin's blade thanks to his legendary sword skills ((I'll leave it to Deumel to IC exactly what his plan was)). Soon it was uncovered that Almeria's son was behind the plot. With his wound still fresh, Velazquez went to work. The conspiracy went deeper than he thought. The Tolerance Law had failed but Aragon was in grave danger. Anyone could be killed, even the king....

Cardinal Velazquez stands before the court

For too long Aragon has been plagued by a shadowy conspiracy. These heretics have worked tirelessly to undermine the power of the crown and Church in order to destroy our kingdom and bring about satan's order on earth. Look what they did to me just yesterday!

He shows his raw stab wound. The court gasps.

These crimes must be answered for! The Almerias are dead or in disgrace but they did not act alone. It is with this knowledge that I call the Duke of Trinacrie ((alscon)) and Senor Limmona ((AvatorofKhaine)) to be investigated by the Inquisition! If they are innocent then they have nothing to fear. If they are guilty then they must be destroyed for the good of Aragona nd the good of Christendom.

Last edited:
These crimes must be answered for! The Almerias are dead or in disgrace but they did not act alone. It is with this knowledge that I call the Duke of Trinacrie ((alscon)) and Jaume Limmona ((AvatorofKhaine)) to be investigated by the Inquisition! If they are innocent then they have nothing to fear. If they are guilty then they must be destroyed for the good of Aragona nd the good of Christendom.

((The Inquisition has already done an investigation this turn, so you must wait until after the update. You also may only investigate one person at a time. What I can do is hold a vote for the clergy to decide who to investigate first and then give the results of that investigation after the update.

Inquisition Investigation: François de Montségur (alscon)/Niccolo Limmona (AvatarOfKhaine)/None/Abstain

Only clergy may vote on this. I'll give them until tomorrow at 12pm PST to vote.))

Reactions:
Alexandros Kostopoulos heard the news of the vote and smiled. The holy order was created and it was going to be run by his family. He quickly gathered his sons and told them the news. A male Member of the family will always lead the holy order and this is what god had wanted for his family.The land will not pass out of their hands though because the family will still control the land as he did have other sons and daughters. He quickly wrote a private letter to the King

Your Majesty
I wish to request to formally take up the position of grand master of the Jesuits. I will be leaving the land in the hands of my youngest Son Alexander who will see to it the day to day running of the Lands. I wish to request that I be able to keep my position as Representative of Byzantium even as I take up the Job of Grand master of Jesuits. My family would like to also thank you for your support of my family creating the Missionary order and allowing us to run the Missionary order as well. And finally I wish to be able to travel to province in order to convert the Hertics to the true faith. Although i am not court Chaplin..I would like to still attempt to convert the Hertics to the true faith.

Sincerely
Alexandros Kostopoulos
Grand master of the Jesuits
Representative of byzantium

JpsioAG.png

With the passing of the recent law, we shall consider you the first Grandmaster of the Society of Jesus. I see no problem with you continuing to serve as our representative to Byzantium if you feel you can handle the responsibilities. As for a missionary, running an entire holy order across the kingdom will most likely keep you busy. Leave the missionary work to those beneath you. ((Players can only have one role, and since I made Grandmaster a role you can't be a missionary as well.))

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Hispania & Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights