• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will vote for tolerance, for too long the clergy have abused their powers of investigation to block the power of the nobility for no reason other than their own corruption, it is corrupt clergly like the Iron Moron that caused the Germans to stray from the true faith. It is their incompetence and corruption that has cast far too many souls to eternal damnation. Well no more! . The clergy will need to have their power limited, and they must understand that their Inquisition is a bygone era, much like the Glorious Reconquista. As such, I vote that we prevent the clergy from exercising undue power and will vote to allow a small degree of tolerance.

We must also tolerate the heretic and the witch, for if they are not freely taught the values of the true faith then surely those without a theological bent will follow those they see as persecuted if they do not see in fair and open debate why the heretical views are heretical. For too many of the uneducated masses will fall prey to their arguments of "Sola Scriptura" without being educated in what the Bible means rather than what it says. Without tolerance such that they may be proved wrong more souls will be damned to hell.

Society of Jesus : Abstain
Tolerance Law : Yes

((Assassinations : No))

[Landed Noble, General]

Society of Jesus: Independent- I think this is a vital initiative that shall help cleanse Aragon of sin
Tolerance Law: No- This is plainly heresy. Anyone who supports this abomination is suspect in the eyes of the Church.
((Assassinations: No))

[Clergy; Cardinal]

Almeria had avoided punishment at his hands again! But he was about to suffer the greatest punishment of all- an eternity in Hell. He would be tortured in the lowest depths of Hell till the end of time for the sins of heresy and suicide. Velasquez smiled as he pictured the torments that fiend would endure. Nothing could be too light for his kind.

But there was work to do. The blasted Tolerance Law needed to be destroyed. The Iron Cardinal unsheathed his blade and went to work.

There is a reason why there should be tolerance in Aragon: The people, even if they follow the true faith, will see mass execution as a threat. I fear that if there is no tolerance, parts of the kingdom will rebel. People don't want to lose their heads because they think differently. Empires have fallen due to religious intolerance. If the heretics contribute to Aragonese society, they should not be killed. If they spread their vile heresy, they should be punished, but not with death. But as long as they worship the same god, who are we to judge? My father has commited suicide from the torture he endured when inprisoned by the inquisition, and he has tried multiple times to commit suicide. The second investigation was when he commited suicide, out of fear for the horrors he had to endure.

((Andre, he is in Heaven, and you will go to hell for your sins.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Private))
To Duc Francesco Andreas Maximilas de Soneta, Conte de Pirineo, Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko,
I write to you to propose a trade agreement. I am aware that your county is known for producing quality wool. So happens that wool is much desired in the New World. Many of artisans who travel there are lacking the necessary goods to make profit. That is why I wish to sell them the wool that they need. So I will keep it short. I wish to purchase a steady supply of wool from you, to be sold in the New World. I think that 40% of the profits from the trade will be sufficient, but I'm open to discussion.
Auguste de Saint-Pierre
Head of Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

JpsioAG.png

The Pope has informed me that you have been admitted into the Holy See. Congratulations, cardinal.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Hispania & Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((@05060403)) To the honourable Auguste de Saint Pierre,

I am most surprised by the requirement for my wool in this new world, from what i have heard at court, it seems to be a land of high temperatures, and sweltering forests without end, but i am happy to share my produce, our herds are in the surplus and many of the peasentry are in need of a form of additional income.

But i ask for a share amounting to 65% of the income, i understand you must ship the goods, and thereby sell it, but it is my product, thereby i reserve the right to the majority of the profits.

I hope to hear from you soon
Yours sincerly,
Duc Francesco de Soneta, 4th Conte de Pirineo, 1st Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko

Also, could I become the governor of Nueva Granada, or do I need to be a noble/is it already taken?))

((We don't have governors for colonial nations, since it's controlled by the AI and they appoint their own governor. What we have instead is viceroys, who serve as the Crown's representative to the colonial nations. They are a council position and can be taken up by anyone if they ask.))

Votes

Order of Jesuits: Abstain

Tolerance Law: No ((you being too liberal @ThePatriotOfDreumel you may have swayed me if the linage was further back e.g great grandparents))

((Assassinations:Yes))

Francesco de Soneta ((Landed noble/ Duke sub group, member of Cortz))

To the honourable Auguste de Saint Pierre,

I am most surprised by the requirement for my wool in this new world, from what i have heard at court, it seems to be a land of high temperatures, and sweltering forests without end, but i am happy to share my produce, our herds are in the surplus and many of the peasentry are in need of a form of additional income.

But i ask for a share amounting to 65% of the income, i understand you must ship the goods, and thereby sell it, but it is my product, thereby i reserve the right to the majority of the profits.

I hope to hear from you soon
Yours sincerly,
Duc Francesco de Soneta, 4th Conte de Pirineo, 1st Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko

To Duc Francesco Andreas Maximilas de Soneta, Conte de Pirineo, Duc d'Ipar Mendikateko,
While I do understand that you wish to get the best price, The best I can do is 50% I will not go any higher. The cost of maintaining a fleet capable of crossing the ocean is huge, and the risk is high. The ships are at constant danger from the pirates sailing the seas. I hope you understand, and I wish that we will reach an understanding.
Auguste de Saint-Pierre
Head of Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

Great count of Athens,

I want to ask you, if I can marry your youngest daughter. I want to further and strengthen the relations our two houses have had since your appointment.

- Ferdinant III de Almeria

Alexandros Kostopoulos read the letter and smiled. He quickly responded back to the man

Courtier of the Kingdom of Hispania Ferdinant III De Almeria

I accept your request to marry my youngest daughter Athena( 15 ). Let this marriage strengthen our family ties !.

Alexandros Kostopoulos
Count of Athens
Repersentive of Athens

Santoros "Abu" Hashem, a courtier, believes the Society of Jesus should be merged with the Brotherhood, to inspire unity in the church. He believes the Tolerance Law should be passed, to goad heretics put of hiding and better convert them. This he tells to his married son Santoros "Walid" Hashem, who delivers the message to the court.
((Assassinations: Yes))
((Santoros Abu Hashem, Courtier))

Letter to His Majesty Alfons VII de Trastámara,

I, Santiago Aybar, would like to put myself forward as a candidate for the position of viceroy of Nuevo Granada in the service of the King and Hispania

JpsioAG.png

We always have need of those willing to serve us. It is quite difficult to find individuals willing to travel across the vast ocean constantly to represent us in the New World, so we will gladly take you on as viceroy of Nueva Granada.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Hispania & Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

Your majesty, I am humbly asking for you to appoint me as merchant of the realm, and I am also offering my services as admiral and viceroy of Sanchonia.

- Ferdinant III de Almeria