• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((We could just call it Hispania and keep Aragon's color. As for the colonial nation, how about Leonia? After all, it was de Leon who did most of the conquering of Portuguese Colombia, I think.))

Miguel returned to Sanchonia tired. Was this what war was like? He had lost many good men, killed many Portuguese and Castilians. Natives died as he burned down their villages. Why, then, did so many men have to die at his hands?
He shook those thoughts out of his head. You did what you had to, he told himself. He had defeated the Portuguese and seized their colonies. He had helped bring the Gospel to the natives of Sanchonia. And thanks to his efforts and those of his fellow Aragonese, Castile had ceased to exist. Aragon was now unquestionably the most powerful nation in Iberia and the New World. He was a part of that.
You did fine.
He looked at his ancient sword, stained with the blood of hundreds of Iberians and natives.
Now where was that blasted Fountain and El Dorado?

Reactions:
((Colonial name suggestion: New Granada, or whatever that is in Aragonese. Historical FTW))

My King,
I believe the new trade ships should focus on Genoa for now. The rest of my plan shall stay the same.
Auguste de Saint-Piere,
Head of Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

((I support Hispania for the name of our "Spain". As for the colonial nation I think we should call it Nueva Carthago.))

Last edited:
Violated again! The heathen Tuscans ransacked Rome for the second time. Precious art and jewels were absconded by those vile merchants. The Church could ill afford such a blow to their prestige when her legitimacy was being questioned in Europe.

Velazquez tried to save Rome as best as he could. The Iron Cardinal led a small army outside the city gates against the invaders. But it was no use. The Tuscans were too strong and most of the pope's forces had been weakened by years of fighting around Italy. The Iron Cardinal fled from the field in shame while the holy city was sacked.

News from Aragon was better, at least. The kingdom had finally vanquished Castile and united the two kingdoms. The cardinal almost wished he was there but the fight in Rome was more important. He was also heartened by the news that a local heretical priest who tried to translate the Bible into Aragonese was burned. The only dark spot was that Aragon violated the Treaty of Tordesillas.

He would not go back, though. He did not trust the king after his insulting actions towards the Church. Velazquez could only pray the king would see the dangers and remove all heretical influences from the court.

El_Saco_de_Roma.jpg

Rome sacked! Nuns raped!

Last edited:
*Miguel Villanova was utterly tired, he had to attend to many new colonies and hoped that governments would be set up soon*
((I support Hispania and have no opinion for the next colonial nation name))

Xs93UHA.png

We have no further plans as Grand Admiral, but as Marshal we desire to see two cavalry regiments and three artillery regiments added to the army in Barcelona, with any excess infantry regiments disbanded so that the army is equivalent to the others. This army should be shipped to the New World to keep the former Portuguese colonies under control alongside the African army.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks

((Public)) Letter to King Alfons VII de Trastámara,

Your Majesty, I would suggest you to conquer the people who call themselves the Maya. They are rich, weak, and pagan. Aragon should expand it's colonial empire, and what better way than to conquer native states and convert them to Catholicism?

- Ferdinant II de Almeria, merchant of Aragon

(( I support the title of Hispania.))

Francesco was relived for the success in securing Castilian and Portuguese territories, he hadn't yet decided on a suggestion for the new name of the united peninsula. But he did have something to do.

To the noble Aragonese court, i wish to nominate myself to the Cortz for a second time. May God bless.

((Public)) Letter to King Alfons VII de Trastámara,

Your Majesty, I would suggest you to conquer the people who call themselves the Maya. They are rich, weak, and pagan. Aragon should expand it's colonial empire, and what better way than to conquer native states and convert them to Catholicism?

(( I support the title of Hispania.))

Xs93UHA.png

Clearly you have not been paying attention to recent events. We have all of Portugal's colonial empire to govern. We do not have the men or resources to govern any more land across the seas. Do you want to endanger Aragon with needless expansion when our position overseas is precarious enough?

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks

Xs93UHA.png

Clearly you have not been paying attention to recent events. We have all of Portugal's colonial empire to govern. We do not have the men or resources to govern any more land across the seas. Do you want to endanger Aragon with needless expansion when our position overseas is precarious enough?

Your Majesty, I have a solution for the governance of the Portuguese colonies. The ATC will govern the lands in the name of the king, and in return the ATC will get a monopoly on the region of Colombia. We all know that having a centralised body of trade will increase profits, as seen in Sanchonia. The conquest of the Maya has not to be done immediatly, but it should be done one day. We would not want the Portuguese, the English or even the French conquering the rich lands.

Your Majesty, I have a solution for the governance of the Portuguese colonies. The ATC will govern the lands in the name of the king, and in return the ATC will get a monopoly on the region of Colombia. We all know that having a centralised body of trade will increase profits, as seen in Sanchonia. The conquest of the Maya has not to be done immediatly, but it should be done one day. We would not want the Portuguese, the English or even the French conquering the rich lands.

Xs93UHA.png

It is the job of merchants to trade, not govern. We encourage you to bring wondrous goods back from Colombia to Aragon or to supply these colonies, but it is our prerogative how these colonies should be ruled. We shall select who governs the colonies, not some trading company.

To the great Auguste de Saint-Pierre,

I want to unite our two companies. Aragon is changing... and we have to change with it. I think we should meet in Valencia. We can go over how the unification will be handled there.

To the great Auguste de Saint-Pierre,

I want to unite our two companies. Aragon is changing... and we have to change with it. I think we should meet in Valencia. We can go over how the unification will be handled there.

((Private))

To Ferdinant II de Almeria,
I will hear you out, but for your sake I hope you will not waste my time.

Tu3qI4B.png

I am pleased to announce the union of My son, Manuel with Arias Etxeto and my grandson, Antonio with Caterina de Trastámara. May their lives be blessed and fruitful.

---​

Letter to Count Juan de Porcelli of Almeria ((@Luftwafer ))

As per our agreement of some years ago, my granddaughter, María has reached maturity and is thus ready to enter wedlock with your honourable self. She has grown into a good and honest woman, and I pray she will be a credit to you and your family.

AA Sastre
Count of Urgell.

---​

I have no particular adjustments to make to my previous plans as Steward.

@ThePatriotOfDreumel

Sir,

I apologize for my lateness in writing this letter, for I have been struck with a recent bout of sickness. I am overjoyed by your release from the dungeons of the so called "Iron Cardinal" and hope for justice to be served. It is also my pleasure to return the responsibility of leadership back to the true expert. With your return, the ATC will thrive like never before and expand to new horizons. As well, I have heard of your efforts in fighting the Muslim pirates and wish to offer my assistance in any possible way.

With joy,

Santiago Aybar

Last edited:
The Trans-Atlantic Trade Company

A merger between the 2 major companies in Aragon, the ATC and the TPTC.

How it will function:
- Head of the comapny will always belong to Saint-Pierre family.
- Each member can be granted a higher "rank" in the company
- Higher "rank" members are given priority on joining the council
- All the decisions are made by company's council
- The head of the council wields the real power in the company
- He is elected after each updated
- Each councillor has 1 Council Voting Point (CVP), and the head holds 2 CVP
- Council consists of 12 members
-There is always a member of the de Almeria family in the council
- Each member of the company is free to propose reforms

Members:

Matthias de Saint-Pierre ((@05060403))
Ferdinant IV de Almeria ((@ThePatriotOfDreumel))
Miguel Villanova ((@DragonOfAtlantis))
Santiago Aybar ((@Totally Oink))
Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen(Ferdinant III de Almeria) ((@ThePatriotOfDreumel))
Lorenzo da Lusari

Current council members:
Auguste de Saint-Pierre 1cvp
Representative of the Crown 1cvp
Ferdinant IV de Almeria 1cvp
Miguel Villanova 1cvp

(8/12 left)

Monopolies:

All Aragonese trade in France
All Aragonese trade in Sanchonia, Colombia and Africa
Profit Distribution:

Crown: 40%
Council Members: 20%
Head of the company: 20%
Ferdinant IV de Almeria 15%
Company Reserve: 15%

Council positions:

((Administrator of Western Africa: NPC
Leader of the Merchant Fleet: NPC
Leader of the Mercenaries: Lorenzo da Lusari @Mau da Cic
Administrator of the TATC treasury: Ferdinant IV de Almeria @ThePatriotOfDreumel

Reforms:
1. The owner of the TATC shall have the power to veto a leader of the council, after which the candidate with the second most votes shall become leader of the council.
2. The leader of the council shall have one extra voting power in the council.
3. Everyone in the 'de Almeria' or 'de Saint-Pierre' family shall have one extra voting power in the council.
4. 4 extra positions shall be added: Administrator of Western Africa, leader of the merchant fleet, leader of the mercenaries and administrator of the TATC treasury.

Last edited:
Reactions:
myKh8vJ.png

Your Majesty,

I am pleased to see that there was only few fighting in Iberia and hope to see this union prosper through the ages. All that bloodshed and the rivalry with Castile should come to a stop now that the kingdoms are united.
I do not see the need to change the plan for the Treasury. The economy is doing well and with the army no longer needed at full maintenance there will be a seizable surplus. Though it pains me to see that the Sicilian subjects and as such also the land that I govern are no longer seen as core people of the kingdom. Something should likely have to be done against this as the income from Sicily has gone down since.
As I have said before, I will also put in my candidature for the Cortz of Aragon. It is good to see that this august assembly has few matters to represent, but that might change for the worse at any moment.

Your most humble servitor,
François de Montségur, Duc de Trinacrie and Treasurer of the Crown

((No suggestions for the names, but I'd change to Spanish yellow.))

Jaume Limmona dies in his sleep, leaving a position free on the Cortz and the Council.

His young son Niccolo has yet to introduce himself to the court, and merely greaves at his family's Neapolitan estate and copes with his loss there.