• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Xs93UHA.png

No changes to any plans for the council positions I must fill.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Last edited:
((@Michaelangelo uuuum, Ferran III is dead, shouldn't you be addressing yourself as Alfons VII?))

((That is what I get for always copying and pasting the king's name from my signature. :p))

OCC: @Michaelangelo Hey...sorry for being absent for like two months. Probably not going to be able to do this. But it was fun. if I had more time...

Alexandros Kostopoulos began to write a letter to the new King of Aragon Alfons VII de Trastámara

Dear Your Majesty
It pains my heart to know that your father has passed. He was a great man one that everyone in aragon love and will miss for ages to come. I am sure that your reign will be as great if not better than his and I pray for your family and yourself that God blesses your family for ages and ages. The current policy for byzantine is the same as before and I suggest no changes. They are happy with what your father has done with giving them back Eprius. Hopefully now their prestige will rise and the reputation will increase among all nations. Although they do tell me about claims they have on Genoa. Perhaps we should help them with those claims in the near future. But we can discuss that at a later day as I know you have many things on your mind with Hersey and this would be a minor concern when the real threat is the heretics

Your humble Servant
Alexandros Kostopoulos Count of Athens
Representative of Byzantium

( No change to byzantine policy )

Alexandros Kostopoulos began to write a letter to The iron Cardinal Cassano Velazquez

Dear your Grace Cardinal Cassano velazquez

I have done the will of the Church and rounded all the heretics and sinners in Athens and you are free to do what you want with them as you see fit . I also thinking of making my son a man of the Cloth as it seems that he has too good of a life now and I want to make him more humble and pious. Perhaps he can work under you and learn from you Cardinal ?. After all the word here is that you are the most pious Cardinal in aragon with all the traits of saint if you ask the common man. I believe he will learn much from you and who knows prehaps he will become a better man after working under you for a number of years. Anyway I look forward to seeing you in Athens

Your humble Catholic Count
Alexandros Kostopoulos

Last edited:
Xs93UHA.png
We do have need of a treasurer, so we shall grant your request. Just ensure there is a large stipend available for miscellaneous expenses. It's always good to have a large supply of ducats on hand, just in case.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

myKh8vJ.png

Your Majesty,

As You wish, I will keep this in mind. For the current plan, I see that the economy is doing very well, so we might as well fill the coffers of the realm. To achieve this, we might make use of the fact that none of our neighbours is in any position to attack. As such, we might cut military expenses to a quarter of the maintenance during wartime. Of course, should this weaken the progress of our brave conquistadors, then the funding might have to be raised. With this measures taken, a permanent gold reserve of 430 ducats should be aimed for. This is the current loan available to us and reflects six times our monthly income, which seems like a safe reserve should there be any unpredicted expenses. To further save on the military, there are men specializing on lowering the cost of an army or raising their morale, which is needed if we cut their pay. So I propose hiring such a man when the funds are available to replace Castagna, whose services should not be needed too soon. The inflation is under control, though we might need to take some steps to lower it when there are no more pressing matters ((when we can spare admin points, lower inflation)). That should be all for now and further help the flourishing economy.

Your humble Treasurer,
- François de Montségur, Duc de Trinacrie

wqqOnfc.png

Your majesty, I grieve deeply over the loss of your father, he was a great man. May your reign be long and prosperous. I have matters to discuss relating to a certain cult, but it can wait for a more appropriate time.

Armand excuses himself from court to draw up plans for the Royal Estates.

---

Stewards Plan

The north of Aragon can provide a fertile recruiting ground for our armies. It would be prudent to continue building Barracks in the following provinces when the Lord Treasurer deems funds available:

Urgell
Roussllion
Girona

Once those projects see completion, I believe a great naval base should be built on Gibraltar. Control of the straits is vital, and any fleet that seeks to do so must be well supplied and well protected.

Shipyard in Gibraltar.

As weapons become ever more advanced small scale production becomes increasingly inefficient, thus should all those projects mentioned above see completion, the crown might see fit to consider constructing a foundry to supply the Royal Army.

Weapons Manufactory in Zaragossa.

Stability should be maintained at 1.
If Aragon enters a state of war, War Exhaustion is to be lowered should it reach 6.

Dear your Grace Cardinal Cassano velazquez

I have done the will of the Church and rounded all the heretics and sinners in Athens and you are free to do what you want with them as you see fit . I also thinking of making my son a man of the Cloth as it seems that he has too good of a life now and I want to make him more humble and pious. Perhaps he can work under you and learn from you Cardinal ?. After all the word here is that you are the most pious Cardinal in aragon with all the traits of saint if you ask the common man. I believe he will learn much from you and who knows prehaps he will become a better man after working under you for a number of years. Anyway I look forward to seeing you in Athens

Your humble Catholic Count
Alexandros Kostopoulos
[/SPOILER]

((Private-Kostopoulos))

To Senor Kostopoulos,

I would gladly foster your son. I shall raise him as a proper Christian and instill the holy virtues into him. Thank you for this opportunity to further God's mission.

Sincerely,

Cardinal Cassano Velazquez
Archbishop of Pirineo
Marshal of the Kingdom of Aragon

Moncada-Spain.jpg

((Private - Michaelangelo))

To the great King Alfons VII

Your Majesty,

I express my regrets regarding the death of your august father, who would forever be remembered as one of the greatest Kings and, without doubt, now rests in heaven. I have myself also lost a parent, for my own padre, En Alfonso Narzis de Montcada, Count of Girona, a General in the armies of Your Majesty and former Lord Marshall and Lord Admiral, has perished from old age and wounds received in the wars of the Kingdom. Having served under his banners all my life, I humbly ask Your Majesty to allow me replace him as General.

Your servant,
Cesar Miguel de Montcada, Conde of Girona

1379615144_barbe-D-Artagnan.jpg

Name: Cesar Miguel de Montcada, fourth Conde of Girona
Date of Birth: 1510
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholicism
Bio: A son to the well-known general, Cesar has spent most of his life fighting in the campaign of the Kingdom - in the royal guard, and then as a cavalry captain and a master of the camp. He has also been an active participant of all court celebrations, loving the rowdy life of the capital. Unlike his grim and sober father, Don Cesar is an adventurous, jolly and proud man, loving the pleasures that the world can provide to a rich nobleman. His main quality may be extreme bravery and battle charisma - unlike his father, he is loved by the soldiers for his generosity. Of course, Cesar, as all of his line, is a loyal servant of the House of Trastamara and the Catholic Church.

Reactions:
Rczoc1p.png

To His Majesty and the Royal Court,
In light of the heretical conspiracy to destroy the kingdom, I hereby make the following proposal to the court:

Sanctity of the Catholic Church Act

I. The Catholic faith is the official religion of the Kingdom of Aragon
II. The Catholic faith is the only accepted and tolerated religion within the Kingdom of Aragon
III. No other faiths or churches may be recognized by the Kingdom of Aragon
IV. All heretics within the Kingdom of Aragon may be imprisoned and executed under the authority of the Aragonese Inquisition or his royal majesty
V. All heathens within the Kingdom of Aragon may be stripped of their property and possessions upon the authority of the Aragonese Inquisition or his royal majesty

((OOC effects: Gives free reign to the king or Inquisition to arrest and execute any heretics and if passed must be repealed before the crown can recognize heresies))

((Private - Michaelangelo))

To the great King Alfons VII

Your Majesty,

I express my regrets regarding the death of your august father, who would forever be remembered as one of the greatest Kings and, without doubt, now rests in heaven. I have myself also lost a parent, for my own padre, En Alfonso Narzis de Montcada, Count of Girona, a General in the armies of Your Majesty and former Lord Marshall and Lord Admiral, has perished from old age and wounds received in the wars of the Kingdom. Having served under his banners all my life, I humbly ask Your Majesty to allow me replace him as General.

Your servant,
Cesar Miguel de Montcada, Conde of Girona

Xs93UHA.png

We always have need of skilled military men. Serve us well and you shall be rewarded.

((OOC effects: Gives free reign to the king or Inquisition to arrest and execute any heretics and if passed must be repealed before the crown can recognize heresies))

((Technically the Inquisition can already arrest and execute heretics. Would this just be a roadblock to recognizing a heresy or is there an effect I'm not understanding?))

((Time for the vote and we only have one thing to vote on.

Sanctity of the Catholic Church Act: Yes/No/Abstain

I'm going to interpret this law as cementing the power of the Inquisition and the Church in Aragon. As Andre has suggested, this would require this law to be repealed before any heresies could be accepted. This vote will last until Saturday at 9am PST. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class.))

Sanctity of the Catholic Church Act: Abstain

I'm not a religious man, but I also do not think those heretics should be recognized. That's why I will abstain from this vote.
Auguste de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

[courtier, merchant, Grandmaster, NPC merchant]

((I'm returning, for the good of the AAR. Andre, my character will not give in to your torture, deal with it :p ))

Reactions:
My Liege,

Sanctity of the Catholic Church Act: No

This is nothing more than fear mongering, did we not choose to accept the Jewry long ago when a similarly zealous bishop proposed that we expel them? Why then should a upswing in heresy in the Holy Roman Empire require these drastic and draconian laws to be implemented? Those heretics will be crushed in time, and the true Roman Catholic faith's place was cemented when we ended the schism and showed that all those Christians not bound to the Pope and Pontifex Maximus are doomed to eternal damnation. The Holy Roman Emperor will crush these heretics and the lies they span in no time and we don't need to further increase the power of the one member of the clergy in favour at court to do so.

Your Grace.
Jaume Limmona, Chancellor of the Realm and Duke of Naples and Capua

(( Cortz Member and Duke, Landed Noble and Councillor ))

Reactions:
((Sanctity of the Catholic Church Act: No

Ferdinant II de Almeria))

((Private letter to king Alfons VII de Trastámara @Michaelangelo))
Your majesty,

I ask you if you can release me from the prison the inquisition has unrightfully put me in, for I am a devout Catholic. He saw my words of tolerance as heresy and wants to kill the Aragonese people who are brainwashed by the heretic called Lucrezia. They still contribute to the kingdom, and if they want to go to hell, it's their choice.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

Last edited:
Reactions: