• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Oh, almost forgot! All landed nobles may now nominate themselves for a position on the Cortz until the law deadline ends, then the nobles will vote on the new member. I'll adjust the info in the update accordingly.))

Your Majesty,
I do not think that the previous Grandmaster plan needs any amendments. That is why it should stay the same. I also think that the heretics should be recognized. We cannot deny that the heretics do not exist. While they do not deserve the same rights as the ones following the one true faith, they must be at least recognized.
Philippe de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

Archbishop Velazquez scratched his chin.

Heresy, eh?

He would have to kill this Luther and all his followers. The Iron Bishop (he still called himself that even after his promotion to the Archbishopric of Pirineo) would slay the Church's enemies.

S3nD7ck.png

To His Royal Majesty, King Ferran III
Greeting, your majesty. I write to you now to humbly request the position of marshal on the council. I am skilled in the art of war and have led armies on numerous occasions. I shall work tirelessly to defend Aragon from the heresy that threatens to engulf the earth. Our enemies shall meet the blade of the Iron Bishop!

Secondly, I would like to express my concern about the growing power of the merchant clique at court. It appears to me that the Aragon's interests are being subsumed to the naked acquisition of wealth. For too long, trade has dominated the minds of our elite at the expense of our morals. We need look further than the disgraceful association with Tuscany, the enemy of hte Holy Church, that some of our leading members of society possess. The best interests of the kingdom should not be sacrificed to the god of profit! To rectify this grave problem and restore the kingdom's morals, I recommend that the church in Aragon sponsor a colony in the New World dedicated to the Catholic Church. This would allow our faith to spread to the heathens of these strange lands and restore some of the purity of soul that has been lost over the past few decades. I would be willing to sponsor such an expedition from my archbishopric's funds. Perhaps this island some are calling "Cuba" would be a good launching point for the Church in the New World.

Let us pray that the heresy of this "Luther" spreads no farther than the boundaries of the small German states. May God strike that maniac down and any soul foolish enough to turn from the warm embrace of the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church. If the Lord wishes it then I shall be his instrument to display his wrath against the heretics.

Finally, In order to discourage any notions of heresy in Aragon, I hereby propose the Conventicle Act be passed.

God bless you,

Archbishop Cassano Velazquez

((1. Requesting to become marshal and
2. sponsor a colony in Guantanmo
3. Proposing the Conventicle Act)).

Last edited:
Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque Tomas III Etxeto
We hereby request that Our place on the Cortz be thought over by the Crown so as Our place is returned from the days of Our grandfather, where Our name comes from.

May He bless you,

Duque Tomas III Etxeto

Archbishop Velazquez scratched his chin.

Heresy, eh?

He would have to kill this Luther and all his followers. The Iron Bishop (he still called himself that even after his promotion to the Archbishopric of Pirineo) would slay the Church's enemies.

S3nD7ck.png

To His Royal Majesty, King Ferran III
Greeting, your majesty. I write to you now to humbly request the position of marshal on the council. I am skilled in the art of war and have led armies on numerous occasions. I shall work tirelessly to defend Aragon from the heresy that threatens to engulf the earth. Our enemies shall meet the blade of the Iron Bishop!

Secondly, I would like to express my concern about the growing power of the merchant clique at court. It appears to me that the Aragon's interests are being subsumed to the naked acquisition of wealth. For too long, trade has dominated the minds of our elite at the expense of our morals. We need look further than the disgraceful association with Tuscany, the enemy of hte Holy Church, that some of our leading members of society possess. The best interests of the kingdom should not be sacrificed to the god of profit! To rectify this grave problem and restore the kingdom's morals, I recommend that the church in Aragon sponsor a colony in the New World dedicated to the Catholic Church. This would allow our faith to spread to the heathens of these strange lands and restore some of the purity of soul that has been lost over the past few decades. I would be willing to sponsor such an expedition from my archbishopric's funds. Perhaps this island some are calling "Cuba" would be a good launching point for the Church in the New World.

Let us pray that the heresy of this "Luther" spreads no farther than the boundaries of the small German states. May God strike that maniac down and any soul foolish enough to turn from the warm embrace of the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church. If the Lord wishes it then I shall be his instrument to display his wrath against the heretics.

Finally, In order to discourage any notions of heresy in Aragon, I hereby propose the Conventicle Act be passed.

God bless you,

Archbishop Cassano Velazquez

((1. Requesting to become marshal and
2. sponsor a colony in Guantanmo
3. Proposing the Conventicle Act)).

Xs93UHA.png

I admit it is unusual for a man of the cloth to be concerned with military matters, but perhaps involving more clergy in the Council may strengthen the faith, so I shall grant your request to serve as Marshal. It is unfortunate that Cardinal Modena passed away or we'd have a stronger clerical presence. I certainly hope that our colonist takes up your offer to fund a colony dedicated to spreading the true faith to the primitive people of the New World. I have also received word from the Holy See that you have been appointed cardinal. Congratulations.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((Welcome to the world of quick appointments to the Holy See. You and ML8991 now hold the records for fastest promotion from bishop to cardinal. :p))

Reactions:
He was now a cardinal and a marshal.

The Iron Cardinal. He liked the sound of it.

Velazquez walked on to the training ground. It was once a garden for the San De Vascona Cathedral but he had converted it to more important uses. He had to keep his skills sharp, for there were many heretics to kill.

Slash, slash, parry...

((@Michaelangelo I created a new character with a letter already, if you didn't know:
((I'm just going to leave Ferdinand where he is now, he'll eventually die there. :p))

((Character Data...
Name: Wolfgang Oliver Lübecker (that's Ferdinand's brother)
Date of birth: 3-8-1489
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: I still suck at these :p
))
Your Majesty,

It is about time I introduced myself. I am the brother of one of the great explorers you sent out a few years ago on the circumnavigation of the world, yet I still have not heard from him for a long time. So I presume him dead. I would like to fill his position in the court.

However, instead of pursuing the seas like my father and brother, I would rather fight on the land. That is why I request to serve Aragon (and by extent Your Majesty) as a general. ((Focus: Fire)) I may be new to the court, but I am no stranger to strategy and battle.

With Regards,

Wolfgang Oliver Lübecker
((*gulp*))

It had been too long since he left this place. Yet he remembered every single detail, burned into his memory like nothing before and, he was certain, would happen ever after. The place of the attack.
Valeyron felt the tension rise through his entire body. He always sought to see the natives' motivations first, but he knew this tribe's intentions, so he had given the order to shoot on sight. He almost shot Giovanni, his Sicilian scout, as he got back.

'Many crosses!' He shouted. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to recruit on Sicily after all. Well, Giovanni couldn't understand most of what he said, but enough to be an excellent scout. And it was true. Crosses, helmets upon them, had been planted into the ground.

Valeyron couldn't move. This meant... Some had survived the attack... Where was Montségur? He was abruptly shaken out of his thoughts as Saint-Pierre noticed that there were names engraved on the crosses. He took a closer look at every single one of them. Martí Lopez, the expedition's hunter, was the first one. So he had made it back... But some names were missing. And he didn't see Montségur's engraved helmet anywhere neither. Maybe the natives took the survivors prisoner... But would that make any sense?

'Commander, you have to see this!' He wasn't sure if he wanted to, but was even more surprised when Pau showed him what he held in his hand. A black king. 'And that is not all', the Catalan doctor said. 'Someone with a very twisted mind has been here.' He was right. Chess symbols all over the place. Two rocks at the sides were full of engraved symbols, and there were multiple ones at the entry of the cave as well. The cave Valeyron saw for the first time. Then he had an idea. 'Don't move any of the pieces – I only know one person who would do this.' He counted the pieces. Most white and black pieces were present. Some black pawns were missing, but most importantly, the white king, queen and a bishop were as well. Also a knight... Was the black king in checkmate? Only if there was a – a white knight under Martí's cross. He assembled the facts, and there was only one conclusion possible – Montségur had gotten away, and this was his way of telling others. Together with Aurélie and friar Thomas.

Valeyron erupted into violent laughter. 'Mathieu, are you all right?' De Saint-Pierre sounded worried. 'He got away... *laughter*... and... and I'll never see him again... *laughter*…if we don't find him!' Saint-Pierre wondered if he had gone insane.

And the next weeks he was... absent. Not just mentally, also often physically. Giovanni had to leave in his search more then just once, and each time he finally found him Valeyron was shouting 'Monseigneur Montségur, where are you?' 'Old friend, answer me!' 'Denis, I know you are out there!'

He didn't notice the multiple Amazon tribes on their way, so it was up to the men to decide how to handle these. It was only in Mahican that he finally returned to his own self. 'Long pig'. Barbarians. As soon as they explained the meat, Valeyron was fully aware that he couldn't go on that way.

Reactions:
Sadness gripped Sassari. The count had died in his sleep.
Ioannes, once heir to Sassari, was now its count.
He spoked to the people who had assembled the funeral. "My father was a great man, and a great warrior who have lost something he held dear more then once. But it did not hinder him from executing his duties to the King and his people, now my King and my people. I will follow his example and make Aragon great until that day I die."
The people cheered loudly. "Long live the count! Long live the King!"

Name: Ioannes de Alvaro
Date of Birth: 2nd of September 1518
Class: Landed Noble

Bio: Ioannes was born in Byzantium, and moved back to Aragon at the age of 8. Being born in Byzantium and living in Aragon, he felt just as home in Constantinople as he did in Aragon.
Being of both Aragonese and Byzantine stock, he could speak both Catalan, Castillian and Greek fluently. Ioannes came from a long line of soldiers, and strived from an early age to become a great warrior, being trained by both his father and the greatest warriors in the known world, Aragonese swordsmen, Arabian horsemen, African spearmen and even the Varangian Guard, even sparring with the-would-be Byzantine Emperor. But now he was the count of Sassari and was determined to serve his King and people.

(( Colonization list

1. Montevideo ( wzhang29)
2. Bahia ( Keinwyn)
3. Cape ( 05040603)
4. Fernando Po (Von Habsburg)
5. Rio de Janiero (Dreumel)
6. Guantanamo (Andre)
))

Reactions:
To the noble court of Aragon,
I wish to put my name forward towards sitting on the noble council that is the Cortz.
The de Sonetas are proud to have consistently put themselves forward to aid the realm, and the wider world. I feel that you are my family, which many of you are ((hehe, jokey reference to all the marriages done)). I hope you see me as an appropriate individual for this role, just find me in the archives or send a letter to my abode in Pirineo, should you have any concerns or questions.

yours faithfully,
Conte Francesco de Soneta, 4th count of Pirineo.

((I'm just going to leave Ferdinand where he is now, he'll eventually die there. :p))

((Character Data...
Name: Wolfgang Oliver Lübecker (that's Ferdinand's brother)
Date of birth: 3-8-1489
Class: Courtier
Bio: I still suck at these :p
))
Your Majesty,

It is about time I introduced myself. I am the brother of one of the great explorers you sent out a few years ago on the circumnavigation of the world, yet I still have not heard from him for a long time. So I presume him dead. I would like to fill his position in the court.

However, instead of pursuing the seas like my father and brother, I would rather fight on the land. That is why I request to serve Aragon (and by extent Your Majesty) as a general. ((Focus: Fire)) I may be new to the court, but I am no stranger to strategy and battle.

With Regards,

Wolfgang Oliver Lübecker
((*gulp*))

((I apologize for missing that. I was a bit overwhelmed on Wednesday and Thursday while trying to manage multiple iAAR things and homework. I've added your new character and will add him to the game as a general.))

Reactions:
My king,

More ships should be build. The fleet of Venice is bigger than ours.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria.

Letter to the court of Aragon,

The Mamluks are a threat to Aragon, the Mediterranean and Christianity itself. It holds many of the formerly Byzantine lands, the holy city of Jerusalem, the Patriarchal cities of Antioch and Alexandria.
Their army and navy are comparable to ours, and if we let the Egyptian infidels live too long, they might overtake us in power. We should attack them to restore the Byzantine lands and retake the holy land.

Deus vult!

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

Last edited:
Xs93UHA.png

I shall keep the Treasurer's plan the same.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

The man, ragged and worn out, was as astonished as the expedition as they found him. 'I...I... Saguenay found me, instead of the other way round?' He said in Castillian. The language sounded familiar, and the Castillians amongst the expedition's ranks were fast to translate. He may come from Aragon's old enemy, but he also was an European lost in the New World. Resting with other Europeans had the same effect as the Fountain of Youth de Leon was searching on him. He soon told a fascinating story of how his ship froze down as he was up North.
'But do you think I would receive any support? No. I stopped existing for the king a long time ago. Castille couldn't finance anything. And after we stranded, my men left me. But I had to go on.'
Valeyron instantly sympathized with the foreign explorer, Fernando Gutierrez, as he introduced himself. Fernando eagerly listened to Valeyron's tale of his expeditions. The night passed by quickly.
The next day, Gutierrez thanked him for the hospitality as he readied himself to leave. 'Saguenay awaits me.'
Valeyron didn't want him to go. 'Wait! Do you think you'll live on much longer alone? Together we have far more of a chance to get out alive. And besides, what is that Saguenay you are speaking of?' Gutierrez considered Valeyron's proposal. And it was true. Even if they were Aragonese explorers, his own country had long abandoned him. And together, they had more chances - he could even hope to return triumphant. He accepted, and told them what he knew of the white kingdom.

With this new goal in mind, the expedition went on with renewed fervor. But the troubled mind of their leader found no rest. Still wandering off from time to time to look for Montségur, he was captured by Mahican hunters, easy to do with his yelling. Luckily for him, the chief's daughter wasn't as superstitious as the men who captured him. And even more luckily, a monk had visited the tribe before. The monk had, without success, tried to bring the word of god to the natives. The daughter recognized Valeyron's prayers as the warriors prepared the execution, and knew these were harmless and not yelled curses. She saved him, but the monk's passage left another mark in his memory.

Who was that monk? The conquistador lost sight of time pondering about this question. Time enough for winter to strike with all its might. Impossible to continue in such circumstances. Thankfully, the native tribe here was very hospitable. Again, the expedition survived not due to his excellent leadership, but rather through sheer luck. It was enough for Saint-Pierre and Gutierrez to start complaining.
'It can't go on like that. You are wandering off far too often, making us lose precious time. Montségur may not be dead, but he certainly won't be marching around through the wilderness. You can't go on like that.'
'You know, you claim to have experience. But it is shrouded by your worries', Gutierrez said. 'Like my judgment was troubled by my past. Yet we are many, not just you. You have a responsibility. If you can't do it alone, then we are here to help. But luck alone won't bring us very far.'
The conquistador might have needed it. 'Right. I disappointed you all in the last weeks, no, months. I have to change. Saguenay is our goal. Keep an eye on me, and I will do my best. We will find it.' Then, with renewed energy, he rose up. 'We will find it!'

Reactions:
((This post is 100% completely private))

Ferdinant thought about religion. He didn't like some of Catholicism its policies. After some time he joined a branch of Protestantism that called itself Reformed Catholicism it had mostly the same ideas as Catholicism, but was more modernized and didn't have the policies Ferdinant didn't like about Catholicism. He would secretly join this branch of Catholicism. They didn't have the indulgences he hated, the pope he dispised and was tolerant of heretics. They did believe in the same god afterall. He was done with the Catholic ways. He would still go to the Catholic chuches to make the illusion that he was Catholic, but when the point was perfect, he would openly admit to being of the Reformed branch of Protestantism.

((Ferdinant is Protestant for now, but not openly and will join the Reformed faith upon becoming available.))

Last edited:
Rczoc1p.png

To His Royal Majesty King Ferran III and the Court
As Marshal of the Kingdom of Aragon I propose that the crown recruit three regiments of Condotta Infantry. These infantry shall form the backbone of a new army called the Exèrcit de la reserva and should be headquartered in Barcelona. New regiments shall be added to the army as our manpower capacity increases.

~The Iron Cardinal

Last edited:
My plan shall remain the same.

Stewards Plan

The north of Aragon can provide a fertile recruiting ground for our armies. Barracks shall be built in the following provinces when funds become available.

Barcelona
Zaragoza
Urgell
Roussllion
Girona

Stability should be maintained at 1.
If Aragon enters a state of war, War Exhaustion is to be lowered should it reach 6.

AA Sastre.

((Now I'm not the only person to do [REDACTED]!:D))

((In Sanchonia))

"And this is the drawing of the great beast our ancestors killed," said the natives.
"Interesting," said Miguel, looking at the crude drawing of a dragon.
"Oh, it serves as a warning sign, so you guys should probably shoot your things at it," said the native.
Miguel hesitated. "Um, we kind of are busy..."
"It's only going to be a couple minutes," said the native.
Miguel sighed. "Very well."
He ordered his men to open fire on the rock. He watched as ten guns rang out and punched large bullet holes in the ancient drawing.
"Let's move on, this fountain's not going to find itself!" said Miguel.

Reactions: