• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your Majesty,
I wish to present my ministry plan. The newly built trade ships should protect trade in the Genoa node. Our main trade ports always need protection, and I believe it will be the most beneficial location for them. Rest of the plan shall remain the same.
Maxime de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

Xs93UHA.png

My plans as Treasurer and Grand Admiral remain the same, with the exception that we should upgrade any ships that are outdated if funds are available.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Reactions:
*Miguel couldn't believe his eyes, the small colony transformed into a small bustling settlement over the course of several years*
"With that done, let's look at the resources we can ship out to Aragon. Hmm... grain could grow better elsewhere, there aren't enough trees for ship building... No gold *sigh*..."
*Miguel decided to pick the only resource that seemed plentiful on the island, fish*

((So if Cusco forms Inca can we form an alliance with them? For RP reasons, of course.))
Very much doubt so. But the Montségur family will of course advocate for it :D! Besides, I am sure the following part will interest you most.

The Inca had deemed to end the Huyla in a spring campaign, after the period of peace seemed too long, and Montségur gladly took part in it. It didn't take long until they were defeated, and the chief brought before him. The favour he had asked for had been granted, and he took much pleasure in achieving his revenge for de Leon and his humiliation, as his blade cut through the chief. Examining the corpse a last time before leaving this dark chapter of his life behind him, he recognized a sword hanging at his side. Weird, for no native carried a sword of any sort. Then he recognized it. De Leon's sword, an ancient family heirloom from Roman times, as he was told. He certainly would want his family to have it back, so he took it with him. It was the least he could do.

Leaving Cusco behind shined a new light on the natives. But that light didn't take long to fade again. A tribe in Chichas had been particularly aggressive... and numerous... so they had to run. They fled, but only to end up at another Poison Rock as de Leon had described to Montségur. Exhausted from the run and the death of the horses, the invitation of the tribe in Ucayali was most welcome. By now, Montségur was used to the different kinds of natives, but that was truly strange. The men deserved it though.

He stayed back. As far from home as he may be, he was still a noble, and one with a very clear idea of honour. This... excursion was beneath him. 'Amazons – what strange things are still to discover?''What is an Amazon?' Ever since the time in Cusco, he had treated her differently, almost as an equal. He would have never thought he'd do that before, but she was no normal savage. He had taught her much of Europe, Aragonese, now French, even initiated her in the pinnacle of strategy – chess, with the figures he had made – just what he wanted to do since Karunga. But she was also a princess, and that nobility helped even more.

If not for her phenotype, he could have thought she was a European by now – well, an European in the New World, like him. It was rough, and one had to adapt. 'An Amazon comes from ancient Greek tales – feared warrior women who stay clear of men, basically.'She took his musket. 'So I am an Amazon with this weapon in hand?' Montségur laughed. 'I am cowering of fear!' His men would maybe not be the only ones to enjoy themselves here...

((well, at least I don't see the Huyla, so I guess this was their fate :rolleyes:))

Reactions:
((Well we only have one thing to vote on: our third idea group. Remember that this vote is tiered, so vote for your top three choices in the order you want them. I'll include an image of all available idea groups and here is a description of them. I would highly recommend we pick a military idea, since we have enough military points to spare and have been struggling to keep up with admin and diplo. Remember to include your character name, class, etc, and bold your votes. The vote will last until Monday at 12pm PST.

Idea: 1.
3.​

))

((I'm assuming the Idea voting is OOC so

Idea 1 : Offensive
Idea 2 : Quality
Idea 3 : Aristocratic

))

(( Jaume Limmona, Landed Noble, Cortz member and Chancellor))

((Also I won't be able to get on Coldfront till Thursday so, the Chancellor plan is to be kept the same.))

Seaman barked again. How he loved that dog. He had even missed that sound when he was separated from his expedition, even if he hated it. The two persons in front of him awaited his answer. An interpreter and a guide? Well, he didn't see why... and a pregnant woman as well... the expedition was no place for a baby...

'What do you think, Valeyron?'

'Monseigneur, I think you should hire them. Your lady's language knowledge has long stopped to be a help, and we have seen how advantageous the locals are.'

'A good point, I might consider that. But the child? And do we need a guide? What if he leads us away from the gold instead of to it?'

Valeyron grinned. 'With all due respect, the men tire of chasing after you more than after gold.'

'Then keep your eyes open! How foolish does one have to be to lose one's leader! What have you done to do this! Met more Amazons?'

'No, no, certainly not!'

'And the river forks? Didn't you notice the characteristic yellow sparkle in the left arm?'

Valeyron didn't want to speak about this any longer. 'Well, there was no gold there...'

'Because the river continued under the rock! No matter, I don't agree.'

'But what if Martí gets ill or worse? How are we poor souls going to find you?'

The irony in Valeyron's voice was helping his argument. 'You are lucky we go way back, old friend.' Montségur smiled. 'Well, then it is settled. They will be a good help.'

((Ideas:

1. Offensive
2. Quality
3. Quantity

[unlanded noble, conquistador]))

Reactions:
There was no Northwest Passage. In the north there was only ice and a large bay. Sancho decided to call it Sancho Bay, even though some obscure Dutch explorer may have reached it first. Down south was more of the same- natives who loved bears, hated guns, and tried to attack the ship. A fun adventure but nothing groundbreaking.

Sancho sighed as the Ave Maria sailed back home. Perhaps he should retire when they docked in Valencia? Aragon was going to war and it would make exploring difficult. Plus he was old and childless. Maybe it was really time to settle down.

But he still had one idea...

((Ideas:
1. Naval
2. Quality
3. Influence
[courtier, explorer]

))

((Ideas:
1. Expansion Ideas (even if we only take the first idea we will be able to colonize a lot faster)
2. Influence Ideas (always good)
3. Offensive Ideas (good military idea group)
[landed noble; diplomat]
))

Name: Ferdinant II de Almeria
Date of birth: 1st of october 1515
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Tragedy has struck the de Almeria family, Ferdinant's father, also named Ferdinant, got captured by the morrocan military while trading in the city of Tangiers and brutally executed in the town square, as a result of the Morrocan-Aragonese rivalry. Luckily for Ferdinant, he inherited his father's fortunes, and made the trip of Granada to Sevilla, where he would turn 19, but he could not continue his father's trade and instead became a courtier at the Aragonese court, while trying to find new ways to get huge fortunes.

Reactions:
"Ferdinant just arrived in the rich port city of Sevilla. Here, he knew his plans could become reality. This would be the perfect spot to found the Atlantic Company. He could only take minimal belongings, he took 5 days worth of food, enough money to buy a small, but cozy house in the richer part of Sevilla, and some weapons to defend his life. He quickly found a job in the harbor, where he would repair ships docking in Sevilla. He had one problem, he didn't have the money to found the actual company! He would need a loan, and he knew that Antonio di Arezzo worked for the bank of Tuscany. He would send a letter asking for a loan."

To Antonio di Arezzo, (@delpiero1234 )

I would like to found the 'Atlantic Company' in the city of Sevilla, which is under your rightful rule, but I currently lack the funds to do so. The 'Atlantic Company' will focus on producing, shipping and selling goods coming from America. Since you work for the Bank of Tuscany, I would like to loan some duckats to fund our first merchant fleet to America, and in return I offer you 25% of all future company profits, which I assure you, will be huge.

From Ferdinant de Almeria, loyal citizen of Sevilla.

((Private))

Antonio received a letter from a young man called Ferdinand de Almeria. He has not heard of him before, yet he is asking the Bank of Tuscany for a loan to fund a trading company. The Bank of Tuscany has only recently provided Aedan an Aragonese citizen with the necessary funds to found a trading company. The Balkan-Iberian Trading Company is doing well, at least the Bank of Tuscany cannot complain about the profits it receives from this flourishing trading company.
Antonio is worried that funding another trading company could hurt the Balkan-Iberian trading company, after all the Bank of Tuscany has invested quite a bit in O'Connery. Therefore, before replying to de Almeria, Antonio decided to consult with his business partner first before giving de Almeria a definite answer.

((Private letter to Aedan O'Connery @cheif bearpaw ))

Dear Mr. O'Connery,

I'd like to inform you that the Bank of Tuscany has recently been approached by a young man who asked us to fund a trading company. Does the Balkan-Iberian Trading Company have any intentions to get involved in the trade coming from the Americas? I do not want to fund a direct competitor of yours. If this business would hurt you then, it would indirectly hurt the Bank of Tuscany, too, because of our flourishing business relationship.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.

~ Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Iberia

((Private letter to Ferdinant de Almeria @ThePatriotOfDreumel))

Dear Ferdinant de Almeria,

The Bank of Tuscany could very much be interested in lending you some money in order to fund a trading company but please give us some time to think about this before we come to a definite decision. While we are indeed open to new business opportunities, we have to evaluate each investment carefully. I will get back to you as soon as we have come to a decision. Thank you for your patience.

~ Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Iberia