• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Welp, that didn't help with anything. I was asking you for the name because I also don't have any idea what position you would have :p))
((Can't he simply be a regular member of your trading company? ))

((Sorry, I just wanted a position related to the colonist job Miguel had, because explorer contradicts his job as colonist and I don't know how merchant would work if he will be at a colony nearly full-time ))

((Private Letter to the Crown @Michaelangelo ))

Your Majesty,
I'd love to serve the Crown of Aragon as diplomat. Despite being still young, I have a considerable amount of experience when it comes to negotiations, thanks to my work for the Bank of Tuscany. I also bring the experience of being Count of Sevilla to the table. As Count of Sevilla, I regularly interact with people from various cultural backgrounds due to Sevilla's importance as center of trade. Please consider giving me to honor to represent the Crown as diplomat.

Yours Sincerely,
Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Aragon

((Private Letter to the Crown @Michaelangelo ))

Your Majesty,
I'd love to serve the Crown of Aragon as diplomat. Despite being still young, I have a considerable amount of experience when it comes to negotiations, thanks to my work for the Bank of Tuscany. I also bring the experience of being Count of Sevilla to the table. As Count of Sevilla, I regularly interact with people from various cultural backgrounds due to Sevilla's importance as center of trade. Please consider giving me to honor to represent the Crown as diplomat.

Yours Sincerely,
Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Aragon

(Private - delpiero1234)

Xs93UHA.png

We could always make use of the service of someone who has connections outside the kingdom. I am not certain if we will have many assignments for the next while, but in time there may be tasks you can accomplish. ((Since I've already played the next update, you won't be added into the game for a few years.))

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((private letter to the Crown @Michaelangelo ))
Your Majesty,
After receiving some economic advice from a partner of mine, I'd wish to request for a monopoly on all trade from Constantinople via Ragusa to Aragon. Such a monopoly, I have been told, would certainly increase the profit of the Balkan-Iberian Trading Company, and I am in full agreement, so I must ask for this monopoly.

Best wishes,
Aedan O'Connery

((private letter to the Crown @Michaelangelo ))
Your Majesty,
After receiving some economic advice from a partner of mine, I'd wish to request for a monopoly on all trade from Constantinople via Ragusa to Aragon. Such a monopoly, I have been told, would certainly increase the profit of the Balkan-Iberian Trading Company, and I am in full agreement, so I must ask for this monopoly.

Best wishes,
Aedan O'Connery

((Private - chief bearpaw))

Xs93UHA.png

I don't believe it is in the kingdom's best interest to grant a monopoly to a trade company that has only recently been formed. I'd prefer to allow some time for your trading company to establish itself and built up a good reputation first. I would not want to grant such a monopoly so hastily, only to have it hurt our trade with the Greeks. Perhaps in a few years time, my mind will have changed.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((Simply put, I don't find it likely that any trading company would receive a monopoly right at its founding. Wait at least until after the next update or two and you'll most likely get it. :)))

1530-1534 – The Road to War

The court was abuzz with news as the Chancellor declared the intent to start a war with Castile. King Ferran III adamantly pointed out that a truce existed and refused to start such a conflict until the truce was over. That meant over four years of waiting, or better yet, four years of preparation.

Castile was not the only potential target for war. A significant Catholic population existed in the province of Gabu, currently ruled by Mali. It was rumoured that the Catholic population was greatly mistreated and that it was Aragon’s duty to intervene. Of course the fact that Gabu was the only province that stood in the way of uniting two portions of Aragon’s African colonies was not overlooked either.

Morocco, another hostile heathen power, was also declared a rival to show that their expansionism in North Africa would not be tolerated, for it threatened Aragon’s possessions there. An embargo was put in place against them. To help enforce this embargo, two more carracks were constructed, raising the number of heavy ships to five.

Politics in the Holy See stirred up a potential conflict. Pope Stephen X, after the war with Tuscany, declared the entire state of Tuscany and all those in it excommunicated for their aggression against the HolyChurch. Since the current pope came from Aragon, Tuscany was blaming Aragon for its excommunication, although relations were not too hostile what with the marriage of a Tuscan to Prince Alfons years ago. Tuscany didn’t seem too worried about the excommunication. Likely all that would happen would be Tuscany electing a new leader in their next election for getting the country excommunicated.

Part of the Chancellor’s plan also involved laying claim to all the islands of the Mediterranean. Documents were already found laying claim to Corsica, Rhodes, Corfu, and others. More would need to be drafted up in the following years.

The past war with the Papal State and co. had damaged relations with Poland to the point that the eastern kingdom felt Aragon was a threat to its power. They’d have to be rivals from now on.

Tragedy struck in the New World with Conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon now dead. He had travelled ahead with some scouts by canoe and was brutally murdered when he refused to submit to the demands of a warlike tribe. The scouting party was all killed, except for one man who was able to make it back to the main army and warn Conquistador Denis Philippe de Montségur. With their leader dead, the 3k men who had been under the late conquistador’s command returned to Alagoas to restock. They promised to return later to aid the still living Montségur. ((The game exiled the 3k men who had been under Leon’s command, so I had to send them back before they could join Montségur. And sorry @zenphoenix, but you’ll have to make a new character.))

Conquistador Montségur did not let the tragedy get to him. He sought out this tribe in an attempt at revenge. Instead he ended up getting captured like his late companion. The tribe had been ready to execute him, until the chief’s daughter ran out and saved him. Despite the princess saving his life, he and his men were quick to leave the tribe behind. Clearly the locals were a bunch of savages.

Back in Europe, Castile was forced to accept a peace with Provence, paying extensive war reparations. Rumours were circulating that this peace had bankrupted Castile so much that they could no longer fund their colonies. People were leaving the new colony of Muturu rather than risk starving from lack of food or supplies.

Explorer Ferdinand Xaver Lübecker returned from charting the waters of the Cape of Good Hope to restock in Fernando Po. He would have to spend some time on the island while his ships were fully repaired.

Adding to the ongoing naval expansion, five galleys were placed under construction.

During his travels through the new continent, Montségur found himself bogged down in mountainous territory of Ayaviri. As winter set in, he was forced to seek shelter. The locals proved to be much friendlier than those encountered earlier. The Conquistador and his party spent the winter with these natives and built some friendships in the process. Perhaps not all natives were so bad.

After months of sitting around in Vizcaya while his ships were refurbished, Explorer Alejandro Sancho was finally given sanction to resume his journeys. He intended to head up to the far northern reaches of the New World. He had spotted a large body of water the last time but had run out of supplies before charting it. This time he’d explore it all.

New weaponry yet again was adopted by the Aragonese army. As armour was improved to block the shots of an arquebus, a better weapon had to be designed. Larger muskets with heavier rounds were being implemented to get past this problem.

The start of 1531 was a chaotic time for the Church. Pope Stephen X, after a very short reign as pope, passed away. The cardinals, after the deteriorating situation the PapalState had been placed in during the Tuscan War, put a French pope in place to gain their favour and hopefully prevent any further Tuscan aggression. At least Pope Stephen X had accomplished one great thing. Relations between Aragon and the Papacy had returned to normal and the PapalState no longer viewed Aragon as a threat. Perhaps the two could finally resolve their issues and live in peace for once. In recognition of the late Pope’s contribution to the faith, the Inquisition ramped up its conversion efforts. ((Sorry @ML8991 but you’ll have to make a new character. We finally get a pope and he only lasts like six years. What a rip-off.))

With his ships repaired, Explorer Lübecker headed back out to explore the coast of the Cape of Good Hope. He quickly met some friendly natives in Angra Pequena (the isolated southwestern African province) who seemed to have a supply of gold. Meanwhile back home, five caravels were constructed for use as a trade fleet to serve in Sevilla. ((If you want it moved somewhere else, @05060403, just include it in your plan.))

Somehow, the nearly entirely occupied Burgundy managed to weasel money out of Austria. No one was sure how this was managed.

In September of 1531, the Mamluks declared war on what was left of the Ottomans. Their defeat seemed certain, and the Greeks started to feel nervous as this growing heathen threat drew closer to the straits.

Conquistador Montségur faced more hardship as the natives of Chichas tried to steal his men’s weapons and chased them after a hundred mile march. The group would have to do their best to flee these hostile natives who had the advantage of knowing the land and using it against them.

Explorer Lübecker returned from his mission having charted around the Cape. Having made it around the Cape, it seemed that India could only be so far away. He’d get there in time.

By February of 1532, the men that had served under Conquistador Leon returned west and joined up with Montségur. Now 8,000 strong, they were ready to face the threats of the New World head-on.

A war that had involved nearly all the North Africa nations ended with Djerid annexing Mzab. Perhaps their expansion would upset the balance of power and aid Aragon.

After much lobbying for funds, Steward Raffaelo Mòdena was able to get a workshop built in Alagoas. Hopefully it could boost the production of goods coming from the region.

The Mamluks finally put the Ottomans out of their misery. This also meant they now shared a border with Byzantium. They were increasingly becoming a growing threat to Europe as a whole. Perhaps the heathen kingdom would need to be brought down soon.

Byzantium was even further threatened as Poland annexed Moldavia, putting the Polish threat directly on their border.

Montségur got bogged down in the jungles of Moxos, yet another Poison Rock incident.

The colony in St. Helena was going along quite nicely. Colonist Miguel Villanova reported that the waters surrounding the island were filled with fish. The island would make for a thriving fishing community.

The Church within Aragon was undergoing some change, attempting to streamline its internal governance and allow for it to better administer to the needs of the population. There was even the suggestion that the Inquisition adjust and grant greater freedoms to those not of the faith. The King was inspired by the Church’s willingness to adapt and felt that perhaps the kingdom should follow suit. ((We can now pass the Declaration of Indulgence Act, granting +1 tolerance of heretics at -5% stability cost. We can also still pass the Suffragon Bishop Act if anyone is interested. We have a third idea group slot too, so we’ll be voting on our next one later.))

The trade situation in Aragon was turbulent for a time. The decision to end the embargo with Genoa awhile back had let to an influx of Genoan merchants trading in Aragonese ports. The local merchants did not think too highly of this. When nothing was done about it, some of these merchants decided it was best to trade elsewhere.

The Mamluks continued the audacious behaviour by declaring war on the Knights on Rhodes. Whether or not they could actually land on and besiege the island was yet to be seen.

Explorer Sancho’s experience with the northern natives continued to be more turbulent than ones in the south. Yet again he had to drive some natives off and threaten to shoot them on sight. He wasn’t winning any friends on this continent, not that Aragon was looking there as of yet.

In the province of Ucayali, Montségur encountered a strange tribe where the men and women lived separately and only interacted a few times a year. Curious about this bizarre tradition, Montségur and his men decided to join the men of this tribe in their next meeting with the women to better understand the situation. As for what they did with these women, that was most likely not going to be shared back in Aragon.

A diplomat hired a ways back known as Ponc Martorell passed away and was replaced by Francesc de Requesens.

At the beginning of January 1533, Alejandro Sancho returned from charting Hudson Bay. The waters further north were impassable, blocked by ice. There’d be no more exploring in that direction. He’d have to head further south, perhaps to see what was west of the Caribbean.

An embarrassing incident occurred when Conquistador Montségur kept wandering off to explore on his own, forcing the scouts to go out looking for him. He managed to wander off without anyone noticing yet again and the scouts went out looking once more.

After years of war, Provence finally managed to crush Burgundy. They only took a single province, but they drained Burgundy’s treasury dry and forced Hainaut to be set free. Burgundy would not be a threat any longer.

Montségur continued his interesting encounters with the locals by this time coming across a young pregnant woman and her trapper husband. They offered their services as interpreters and guides. Montségur was hesitant to accept, but the men pressured him into it after the numerous times the Conquistador had gotten lost and due to all the encounters with the locals that had gone horribly wrong.

By October of 1533, Sancho returned from charting the region near the Mississippi river. He hadn’t gone far before supplies ran out, but he intended to explore a bit further.

Attempts to improve the capacity of cogs for transporting goods led to a successful new design known as a flute, which proved handy for transporting goods across the ocean. Similar additions were made to galleys to make them hardier in battle.

During Montségur’s travels, a rodent of some kind bit the expedition’s dog and surgery had to be performed. The dog wouldn’t stop howling and some natives stole him. After the expedition got him back, it was made clear that if any attempt was made on the dog again, there would be hell to pay.

By November though, word finally reached the Conquistador of the impending war. War with Castile was planned to occur in a year and the King personally hoped that he could aid his kingdom by taking Castile’s colonies. Thus Montségur and his expedition began the long march back east in preparation for war. At least he had charted plenty of unknown land beforehand.

Things heated up in Europe as Savoy declared war on Provence. The conflict drew in England and Tuscany, as well as forced Austria and Hungary to fight each other. Having that power alliance broken up was a great boon to Aragon at least.

Preparations for war were now in full gear. The transportation fleet was sent out to retrieve troops from Africa and Naples to ship them to Iberia, the main theatre of war. The main fleet was brought out of the mothballs and moved to Gibraltar. The forts in Toledo, Granada, and Navarra were garrisoned to fend off any attempt to push into Aragon. Things would not be as simple as first thought though, for Castile had signed an alliance with Portugal again. Still, Aragon dwarfed both, so they would only be a minor nuisance.

In August of 1534, Sancho returned from exploring the coast of Rio Grande. Once back in civilization, he received the order to sail for the Mediterranean. The King recalled that the Explorer had been attacked by the Portuguese the last time they’d been at war, so he was not going to risk the man’s life again. He would wait it out in the Mediterranean until the waters of the New World were safe again.

In less important news, some very nasty wine was produced by a prestigious Aragonese vineyard. Surprisingly, few cared.

On September 9, the truce came to an end. The King declared that the kingdom would wait until October to strike. A few preparations had to be made, and all the diplomats were out of the country. The court took the time to look over Castile and Portugal’s military position. Together, along with Portugal’s new vassal Galicia and Portuguese Colombia, they possessed 22k men. Aragon had 40k in Iberia alone, with 8k waiting next to Castile’s colonies. They possessed 24 ships in total, by far weaker than Aragon’s 81 ships. This war would not present a problem.

Xs93UHA.png

Presenting His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks.

We must prepare ourselves yet again for a conflict with Castile. It seems that it has become our eternal mission to rid them from Iberia. You have all deemed it necessary that we dominate the region at the expense of Castile and Portugal. They will always remain a threat to our homes here, and now are that much more of a threat as they expand into the New World. Only when Castile has fallen will we truly see peace in Iberia. God has chosen us to rule over Iberia. Let us not squander that opportunity.

((A few things to mention first. Obviously we will be picking a new idea group at the next vote. Also keep in mind that anyone may present the Declaration of Indulgence Act or Suffragan Bishop Act before the court. I also don’t require any exploration missions from my explorers. wzhang’s character will keep going east and Andre’s can’t explore anywhere yet since Zanzibar is our only option at the moment, unless he wants to attempt circumnavigating the globe and probably lose his ships and life in the process. :p As for potential colonies, we can still only reach the same ones, although South Africa is now explored. I’ll include that to the bottom of the last list, which is linked to in the table of contents.

As for the usual matters, ministers have until Saturday at 9am PST to present new plans or for anyone to present potential laws. Make sure that your plans also include for after war, since this may be a quick one and I’ll probably keep playing a bit longer.

Pension collectors:

@Paintato34343

Dying:

@Riccardo93))

Reactions:
Blachernae Palace, Constantinople.

Basileus Theodoros sat still as a statue, his face expressionless. As ever when Armand was at court, his direct conversation would be with the imperial chamberlain standing beside the Basileus. How the man was able to interpret his master's will was still a mystery.

Now aged 72, Theodoros had been on the Roman throne longer than any man since Basil the Bulgar Slayer, half a millennium before. His steady hand had patiently guided the city and then the restored empire through the tumultuous period of ending the schism, a fact still not accepted by many at court and amongst the wider populace.

No man, however, could live forever and as succession loomed factions had begun to plot their ascendancy. Not all of them could be pro-Aragon, and not all of them were pro-catholic...

Armand would have to remain vigilant in the coming years.

((@Michaelangelo can I claim Urgell please?))

Blachernae Palace, Constantinople.

Basileus Theodoros sat still as a statue, his face expressionless. As ever when Armand was at court, his direct conversation would be with the imperial chamberlain standing beside the Basileus. How the man was able to interpret his master's will was still a mystery.

Now aged 72, Theodoros had been on the Roman throne longer than any man since Basil the Bulgar Slayer, half a millennium before. His steady hand had patiently guided the city and then the restored empire through the tumultuous period of ending the schism, a fact still not accepted by many at court and amongst the wider populace.

No man, however, could live forever and as succession loomed factions had begun to plot their ascendancy. Not all of them could be pro-Aragon, and not all of them were pro-catholic...

Armand would have to remain vigilant in the coming years.

((@Michaelangelo can I claim Urgell please?))

((Can't deny a good Aragonese noble a title, now can I? :D))

((Blast! There goes my historical character...))

Name: Miguel de Leon
Birth year: 1500
Religion: Catholic
Class: Conquistador/Unlanded Noble ((I still have Syracuse right? I'll adjust the bio if that's not the case.))
Bio: The son of Juan Ponce de Leon, he has no interest in administering the family lands, of which he hands responsibility of to his older brother. An experienced swordsman and linguist, he has inherited Juan's thirst for adventure and is bent on seeking vengeance for the death of his father by savages. He also has a deep hatred of the Castilians and seeks their kingdom's destruction at all costs.

((Blast! There goes my historical character...))

Name: Miguel de Leon
Birth year: 1500
Religion: Catholic
Class: Conquistador/Unlanded Noble ((I still have Syracuse right? I'll adjust the bio if that's not the case.))
Bio: The son of Juan Ponce de Leon, he has no interest in administering the family lands, of which he hands responsibility of to his older brother. An experienced swordsman and linguist, he has inherited Juan's thirst for adventure and is bent on seeking vengeance for the death of his father by savages. He also has a deep hatred of the Castilians and seeks their kingdom's destruction at all costs.

((Yeah, I was quite annoyed when that event killed your guy off. Your family indeed still has Syracuse. So are you planning to be a conquistador again? I'll need a stat focus or the game will decide for you.))

((Yeah, I was quite annoyed when that event killed your guy off. Your family indeed still has Syracuse. So are you planning to be a conquistador again? I'll need a stat focus or the game will decide for you.))
((Preferably maneuver.))

Alejandro Sancho was the greatest explorer on earth (at least in his mind). He had discovered two new continents and thousands of new peoples.

But he still had not found the fabled passage to India. His rival had gone thousands of miles south. Supposedly there was a whole ocean until India.

Perhaps there was a passage up north? During the last voyage, Sancho's crew only found ice. He reasoned, however, that if they traveled farther east they may find the passage. There was supposedly a giant body of water free of ice.

Of course he needed a new crew. Those whiny traitors killed the expedition last time. So what if they were a little cold? Glory and adventure should have warmed their hearts.

Perhaps this would be Sancho's last New World expedition. It would be glorious to finish his exploring career by finding the Northwest Passage. He prayed to the new pope for divine intervention. Surely God was on Aragon's side?

"Full speed ahead! We're not going to falter against some stupid storm!"

Lübecker had recently braved the Cape of Good Hope. Its name was ironic, for he had found nothing but Sothos, Xhosans, Zulus and storms there. Perhaphs this would be a good spot for a new African colony? Relations with the African tribes would help in the long term. His rival had gone north. Lübecker had the feeling that Sancho made a stupid mistake going there, for he reasoned that, like Bergen when his Grandfather was there, it would be ice-covered when he was there.

Eastwards! To India, Cathay, and beyond!

((Well, that was an interesting for exploration :). Though it is sad that he had to go on alone :(... I will try to cover most of the events in RP, and as he is in contact to civilization, I can act in character as well. And all these events show how small the expedition really is, I doubt they would attack 5k European soldiers :p. Bankrupt Castile is great, we can snatch Brazil to gain it in the ToT now ;).))

The Aragonese lessons quickly paid off. She had to be a useful member of the expedition instead of just 'the commander's little girl', and it seemed to work. A bright young woman, Aurélie, as he called her, not bothering to ask for her native name. She had already understood the basics when the tragedy struck de Leon. The other conquistador was almost a fatherly figure for Montségur, despite having spent few time with him, so he vowed revenge. The expedition feared a similar fate to de Leon's party and mostly stayed back. Another eccentricity of their leader should not cost them their lives. If he returned, he would at least gain even the last man entirely for his cause. After all they had been through, they feared some natives? Not with him! His most loyal followers with him, he searched for the attackers.

He found them. But he got separated from his men. No matter. For a bit more than an hour, he picked off some unsuspecting individuals and cut them into pieces just like they had done to Leon. With severed hands, feet and heads, he spread terror amongst the natives while waiting for reinforcements to finish them off, but to no avail. He was captured as well, the angry Huylans readying themselves to execute him. His brother was right, after all. He had to tame his temper.

His resistance was futile, the brutes holding him not letting him escape. Just as he was ready for the end, a shot was heard, which distracted the brutes. Then Aurélie stormed forward out of the wild and laid he head upon his, shouting something in their barbarian language. The chief grunted and ordered Montségur released. He even returned him the weapons they stole after Valeyron arrived.

Denis was baffled. 'What happened exactly back then? Explain yourself.' Aurélie avoided his pertinent gaze, then looked into his eyes with the same admiration as when he saw her the first time.
'You saved me. Now I saved you.' The perplexity on Montségur's face made her move on.
'My original name is Cavillaca Yupanqui, though I like how you call me. I am a princess of Cusco, and threatened them with my father's revenge should they go on. Huyla is an enemy of Cusco, and all that saves them is the current peace. I had been kidnapped before by that gold-hating tribe, and you saved me as you attacked my captors, for which I was in your debt.'

Montségur didn't want to believe this coincidental luck he had, but he soon had to. In Ayaviri, his expedition met the ruler of Cusco as he was currently in the province. The temperature had fallen, and the men grumbled ever so often about it. But Aurélie's, or Cavillaca's, words were true, and 'the Inca' was overjoyed to see her again. Denis couldn't decline their hospitality, and so they spent the winter in Cusco. A friendly land with rather impressive buildings, one that he thought he would never encounter here in the New World. But he had to move on. As the temperature rose again, the expedition left again, Aurélie having insisted to go with them. Montségur had been right – it was very useful to spare her, she even saved his life. Full of excitement, he wondered what other adventures awaited him.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Well, that was an interesting for exploration :). Though it is sad that he had to go on alone :(... I will try to cover most of the events in RP, and as he is in contact to civilization, I can act in character as well. And all these events show how small the expedition really is, I doubt they would attack 5k European soldiers :p. Bankrupt Castile is great, we can snatch Brazil to gain it in the ToT now ;).))

The Aragonese lessons quickly paid off. She had to be a useful member of the expedition instead of just 'the commander's little girl', and it seemed to work. A bright young woman, Aurélie, as he called her, not bothering to ask for her native name. She had already understood the basics when the tragedy struck de Leon. The other conquistador was almost a fatherly figure for Montségur, despite having spent few time with him, so he vowed revenge. The expedition feared a similar fate to de Leon's party and mostly stayed back. Another eccentricity of their leader should not cost them their lives. If he returned, he would at least gain even the last man entirely for his cause. After all they had been through, they feared some natives? Not with him! His most loyal followers with him, he searched for the attackers.

He found them. But he got separated from his men. No matter. For a bit more than an hour, he picked off some unsuspecting individuals and cut them into pieces just like they had done to Leon. With severed hands, feet and heads, he spread terror amongst the natives while waiting for reinforcements to finish them off, but to no avail. He was captured as well, the angry Huylans readying themselves to execute him. His brother was right, after all. He had to tame his temper.

His resistance was futile, the brutes holding him not letting him escape. Just as he was ready for the end, a shot was heard, which distracted the brutes. Then Aurélie stormed forward out of the wild and laid he head upon his, shouting something in their barbarian language. The chief grunted and ordered Montségur released. He even returned him the weapons they stole after Valeyron arrived.

Denis was baffled. 'What happened exactly back then? Explain yourself.' Aurélie avoided his pertinent gaze, then looked into his eyes with the same admiration as when he saw her the first time.
'You saved me. Now I saved you.' The perplexity on Montségur's face made her move on.
'My original name is Cavillaca Yupanqui, though I like how you call me. I am a princess of Cusco, and threatened them with my father's revenge should they go on. Huyla is an enemy of Cusco, and all that saves them is the current peace. I had been kidnapped before by that gold-hating tribe, and you saved me as you attacked my captors, for which I was in your debt.'

Montségur didn't want to believe this coincidental luck he had, but he soon had to. In Ayaviri, his expedition met the ruler of Cusco as he was currently in the province. The temperature had fallen, and the men grumbled ever so often about it. But Aurélie's, or Cavillaca's, words were true, and 'the Inca' was overjoyed to see her again. Denis couldn't decline their hospitality, and so they spent the winter in Cusco. A friendly land with rather impressive buildings, one that he thought he would never encounter here in the New World. But he had to move on. As the temperature rose again, the expedition left again, Aurélie having insisted to go with them. Montségur had been right – it was very useful to spare her, she even saved his life. Full of excitement, he wondered what other adventures awaited him.
((So if Cusco forms Inca can we form an alliance with them? For RP reasons, of course.))