• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Post bribes in thread. Its boring if its all done in PM. Adds nothing to the story.))
((bad things have happened before when posting everything in this thread. Characters suddenly knew things they were not supposed to which makes the game boring and frustrating. Then suddenly posts with counter-offers were made by those characters which should have had no knowledge of previous offers. I won't be calling names. If part of the game is intrigue and scheming then give us the room to do so!))

((Private Letter to Miguel Villanova))
It pleases me that you are considering my offer to fund your expedition to the Falklands. As Count of Sevilla I'd be more than happy to provide you with enough ships and resources to successfully colonize the Falklands in the name of my family. Let me know if there are still some details you wish to discuss or if you are ready to sign a contract with me.

~ Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Aragon

((Private letter to Count Arezzo))
I believe we have established what we need. I expect my payment to arrive at my farm within the month.

~Miguel Villanova
((private letter Miguel Villanova))
I am thrilled to hear that things are settled then. The funds will be delivered to you within a fortnight. The ships will be awaiting you at the Port of Sevilla. It is a pleasure doing business with you. ((I consider the treaty signed and the money delivered so that we won't have to go back and forth :) ))

~ Antonio di Arezzo, Count of Sevilla and Represent of the Bank of Tuscany in Aragon

((I personally prefer having private dealings done in-thread so I can keep track of them as GM (remember, we have a spymaster who has a chance of intercepting private messages so using PMs just defeats the purpose of that). I do understand the concern about people meta-gaming though. It is expected that people act as though they have no knowledge of private messages not addressed to them, but some people aren't that good at remaining unbiased. One option would be to put all private messages in spoilers to at least show that not everyone should look at the message, although that won't stop everyone. How about if from now on if anyone feels that another player is acting as though they have knowledge they shouldn't, they can PM me and I will personally address the issue. I want to make sure that things run smoothly and we don't end up with people ruining someone else's fun. :)))

*At the Villanova Farm* ((Private))
"Whoa! Look at this bag full of money!"
"Don't touch that that money is for the farm... oh, Pablo, I am so sorry for that outburst"
"It's okay. Papa where did all this money come from?"
"I got it from my new job as colonist for the King"
"But why so much?"
I will tell you when you are older Pablo."
*Pablo gained the trait trusting*

"Will you come back from your first trip?"
"I do not know, for the farm's sake, and my other children, I hope so"
"What was that?"
"Nothing, go to bed."

((Meant to introduce Miguel 4 year old son and Character development. Italics are Miguel and Bold is his son Pablo
Pablo will not appear unless someone else's character visit the farm.))

Reactions:
((Take me off the colonization list, I just wanted to back a colony a while ago.

Also, I am pretty sure our pope wants to excom Tuscany. Just wanted to make sure Mike knows it))

Chancellor's Plan: No. Why aren't we allying the papacy?
Mission: Gabu

[courtier; explorer]

((seriously, why the heck aren't we allying the papacy?))

(( Updated Rankings
(may change depending on bribes)
1. Las Malvinas/Falklands (South America, delpiero1234)
2. Ivory Coast (Africa, wzhang29)
3. Bahia (South America, Keinwyn)
4. Ludanda (Africa, 05060403)
5. Fernando Po (Africa, Von Habsburg)
If you notice I list them so that area without Aragonese people first, minus the first bribe I got.
If any province is colonized by another country steal/war for the colony))

((Take me off the colonization list, I just wanted to back a colony a while ago.

Also, I am pretty sure our pope wants to excom Tuscany. Just wanted to make sure Mike knows it))

Chancellor's Plan: No. Why aren't we allying the papacy?

[courtier; explorer]

((seriously, why the heck aren't we allying the papacy?))

((Ah, I saw it more as roleplay, but if our Pope officially wants to excommunicate Tuscany, he can request that. He should just be aware Aragon will end up taking the full blame for that and not the Papal State. As for not allying the Papal State, maybe people don't want to go over the relations limit or ally a dying power? :p Or maybe they're all secret Lucrezians! :eek:))

If any province is colonized by another country steal/war for the colony

((Colonists don't have the prerogative to declare war when someone else beats us to a colonial region, although it would be amusing if they could. :p))

((I'm retracting my offer for the Ivory Coast. I thought I cancelled it when I offered for the colonist to colonize the Falklands :p))

((Oh, and also:

Chancellor's Plan: Ja, but I'm skeptical about the Islands part.
))

*Miguel wonders to himself how the cardinal read his mind*
((@Von Habsburg you do know the part that mentions bribes was ooc, he only said someone approached him although I should have pointed it out as a thought lol. Contracts are the backing offers.))

Reactions:
*Miguel wonders to himself how the cardinal read his mind*
((@Von Habsburg you do know the part that mentions bribes was ooc, he only said someone approached him although I should have pointed it out as a thought lol. Contracts are the backing offers.))
((I believe it was just that his character heard the colonist was accepting bribes and he was basically stating that he's not going to be receiving any bribes from him))

((Since my character is in the heart of South America now, I'll vote OOC:

Chancellor's Plan: Yes

[unlanded noble, conquistador]

I would also like to ask if you could keep track of the provinces in which we make major discoveries. Shouldn't be too many (if there are any at all), and it would make sense to for example name the capital of the province where Cibola was after the city. ;)
And how come we missed Potosí? The mountain of silver, men! :mad:))

(( Updated Rankings
(may change depending on bribes)
1. Las Malvinas/Falklands (South America, delpiero1234)
2. Bahia (South America, Keinwyn)
3. Ludanda (Africa, 05060403)
4. Fernando Po (Africa, Von Habsburg)
))

((@Von Habsburg basically we'll make a joint google doc, and make the dialogue in there, come on IRC tonight and we can do then :)))

((@Michaelangelo yes, Pope Stephen wants a excommicated Tuscany, they viololated his sancity and the divine rights of the church, may he forever rot in hell, also do i still techically vote in affairs, given that i am techically not serving Aragon anymore, but the one true God, in his state on earth?))

((@Von Habsburg basically we'll make a joint google doc, and make the dialogue in there, come on IRC tonight and we can do then :)))

((@Michaelangelo yes, Pope Stephen wants a excommicated Tuscany, they viololated his sancity and the divine rights of the church, may he forever rot in hell, also do i still techically vote in affairs, given that i am techically not serving Aragon anymore, but the one true God, in his state on earth?))

((Yes and the pope gets 4 VP))

Reactions:
I would also like to ask if you could keep track of the provinces in which we make major discoveries. Shouldn't be too many (if there are any at all), and it would make sense to for example name the capital of the province where Cibola was after the city. ;)

((It should say the province in the event, I would hope, since I wasn't really keeping track of the provinces the conquistadors were visiting. Hard to tell who was visiting what with two conquistadors on the loose. If people want to name provinces after the discoveries, they can just make note of the provinces mentioned in the event and rename it once they decide to fund a colony there.))

((You still get to vote. Since you are from Aragon and now have an incredibly powerful position, you have even more influence over Aragonese politics.))