• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"This is not what I signed up for!" Sastre yelled as he ducked another arrow.

"It's exactly what you signed up for!" Sancho replied.

One of the idiot crew members accidentally shot a village elder at Kepsek. The natives were not persuaded by Sancho's valiant attempt to explain that they were only standing their ground and Aragonese men had a right to shoot anyone that violated their property. Now they were running from fifty men who wanted to kill them.

Luckily most of the crew were fast runners. The ones who were not died.

When they made it back to the ships Sancho ordered any approaching natives to be shot on sight. He felt bad for the colonists who would inevitably settle here in a few years.

((Decided to stop lurking and first post)) Name: Miguel Villanova
Date of birth: March 9 1510
Class: courtier (hopeful colonist)
Religion: Catholic
Bio: A pig farmer who owned a medium sized farm. He heard about the colonization of the "new world" and decided he could stake a claim at starting one of the largest farm in the world.
Traits: Gluttonous, humble, greedy
((If not accepted as a character I hope at least he gets a mention as a early member of a colony))

((Everything seems good to me. You'll have to officially petition the king of you want to be an official colonist. Keep in mind that the colonist gets to choose which offers of funding for colonies to accept.))

Declare War on Castile when Provence ends their war with Castile, their lands will be ripe for the picking and the weak must suffer what they must.

((This is probably a good time to mention that our truce with Castile lasts for another 4 years and I was planning on ending the next update right on that date. :D))

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque Tomas II Etxeto of House Etxeto

In a rare sight, the Duque di Navarra arrives to the Royal Court to make a speech.

"My Lord, King of Aragon and Elsewhere,

I come to beseech you to address the current being of our extra-Iberian colonies. These lands, claimed by savages for God and King, are now governed by rough and tumble men. I ask that the nobility of this realm be given its due to rule these new lands in your name, as is your right and ours."

Xs93UHA.png

I do not wish to burden the nobility with ruling lands they may never even see when they have lands to administer right here in Europe. Of course, if a noble were to finance a colonial venture, they would get more of a say in said colony.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((I don't want to create governor positions for New World colonies since they will inevitably become part of a colonial nation, so we won't be able to control them directly anyway. For now, one can only finance a colony and get extra VP that way.))

((Almost forgot we have a vote to do. :p Anyway, we have to vote on the Chancellor's plan and get to pick a new mission. Explorers still have time to pick new exploration missions and anyone can still ask to back a colony.

Chancellor's Plan: Yes/No/Abstain
Mission: Manpower/Papal State/Gabu/Abstain

If anyone is wondering, Gabu is Mali's sole coastal province that splits our African colonies in half. Also keep in mind that the manpower mission automatically fails if we go to war before it is completed. As for the vote, it will last until Wednesday at 9am PST. You have until then to vote or do all the other stuff mentioned earlier.

))

Reactions:
Your Majesty,
My family would happily fund a colony in the new world. The region we are already expanding in seems ripe for the taking.

((Fund colony in Bahia.

Will the chancellors plan mean truce breaking then?))

Your Majesty,
My family would happily fund a colony in the new world. The region we are already expanding in seems ripe for the taking.

((Fund colony in Bahia.

Will the chancellors plan mean truce breaking then?))

((Not if the King has anything to say about it. Whether or not the Chancellor took truces into consideration (most likely he just didn't know the truce hadn't ended yet since I never mentioned it), I will wait until after the truce is gone unless explicitly told to break it. Even then, I can't see the King allowing truce breaking to happen anyway, so the answer would be no.))

Your Majesty,
I do not see anything wrong with our Chancellors plan that's why I have to agree with it. (Chancellor's plan: Yes) I also think we should focus more on Africa and take more land from those savages. They are barely even human. Their land will be much better off under Aragonese control. (Mission: Gabu)
Maxime de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

[Courtier, merchant, Grandmaster, NPC merchant]

((Also just to remind in case you might have missed it I want to fund a colony in Ludanda))

Your Majesty,
I need to object the Chancellor's plans for the reasons stated earlier. Attacking a most holy Catholic Order is not acceptable. Furthermore, I'd like to fund a colony on the Falklands.
I believe we should also defend our brethren in Gabu (Mission: Gabu).

Regards,
~ Antonio di Arezzo

[landed noble]

((Almost forgot we have a vote to do. :p Anyway, we have to vote on the Chancellor's plan and get to pick a new mission. Explorers still have time to pick new exploration missions and anyone can still ask to back a colony.

Chancellor's Plan: Yes/No/Abstain
Mission: Manpower/Papal State/Gabu/Abstain

If anyone is wondering, Gabu is Mali's sole coastal province that splits our African colonies in half. Also keep in mind that the manpower mission automatically fails if we go to war before it is completed. As for the vote, it will last until Wednesday at 9am PST. You have until then to vote or do all the other stuff mentioned earlier.

))

((What about my plan!))

Chancellor's Plan: Abstain
Mission: Manpower

It is unfortunate that the chancellors plan is so vague in regards to what lands should be appropriated in the med. The Knights of St. John own a small island, and whilst we should offer them our protection, it would be unforgivable to annex their territory. They have done valiant work over the years in staving off the heathen threat at sea. Other than this small omission I would have liked to offer my support.

[Noble, Rep to Byz]

Pope Stephen set out quickly on his journey,
There was little need to stay, although he had successfully condemned the Tuscan Snake by outsing them from the fold, and thus excommicating the people and their nation.

But he thus continued on his journey, he took a relatively short boat journey to the isle of Sardinia, where he had informed Cardinal Mòdena of his expected arrival. And thus the two men met, and discussed the position asked for, as well as other ecclessatical affairs, like the interesting proposition of the Chancellory of Aragon.

((want to do a IC RP Co-op @Von Habsburg ?))

((I don't know how one goes about doing a IC RP, but I would love to do one seeing how others have turned out.))

Also,

Chancellor's plan:Yea
Mission:Manpower

His eminence would also like to publicly announce his proposition to fund a settlement on the important strategic island of Fernando Po. With it in Aragon's hands, the route to the Orient will be secure.

For the greater glory of God (( and Raffaelo's ambitions))
[Clergy, Cardinal, Steward]

Your grace, may I offer my services as colonist for the good of Aragon?
Oh, for the current vote here is my opinion.
Chancellor's plan :yes
Mission:Manpower
[courtier]

Xs93UHA.png

It is always good to have men offering to head out to lands unknown and settle their for their King. I will gladly accept your services.
- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((Okay, here is a list of all provinces people have requested to colonize. We are currently colonizing St. Helena, so once that is done we can start on another. Feel free to accept as many as you want, preferably listing them in the order you'd like to colonize them. You can either Google the names if you are unfamiliar with their location or refer to the screenshots of all provinces we can colonize here. I've included the continent they are on and who wants to colonize there.

Ivory Coast (Africa, wzhang29)
Gold Coast (Africa, Andre Massena)
Las Malvinas/Falklands (South America, wzhang29 or delpiero1234)
Ludanda (Africa, 05060403)
Bahia (South America, Keinwyn)
Fernando Po (Africa, Von Habsburg)

Well, after actually looking up what Las Malvinas means, it appears both wzhang and delpiero want to colonize the same province. wzhang technically called it first, but he also asked to colonize Ivory Coast way before then. If you wish to colonize the Falklands, you can pick which player is funding you. Maybe start accepting bribes from them. :p Hopefully this isn't too much information at once.))

((proposal for a trading company from Aedan O'Connery))
The Balkan-Iberian Trade Company

The Balkan-Iberian Trade Company, approved by the king of Aragon, Ferran III de Trastámara, shall oversee any and all trade coming from the Balkan area of Greece to the Iberian peninsula, the Royal Crown around 60% of the profits of the trading company, while another 20% goes to the Bank of Tuscany. The Balkan-Iberian Trade Company shall always be ruled by a member of the O'Connery dynasty. If said dynasty were to die off, then a vote must be taken by all members of the trading company to decide who would be able to control the trading company. The Balkan-Iberian Trade Company shall accept anyone of any sect of Catholicism, but will never accept heathens into the trading company, such as the Muslims. Every member of the Balkan-Iberian Trading Company is treated as an equal, no matter how influential or uninfluential they are in the company. Most decisions are decided among every member of the company, but on rare occasions, if the head of the company deems it necessary, then votings can automatically be overruled by the head of company, but this can only happen a certain amount of times during the term of the head of the company. The company, in all other terms, acts like how a normal trading company would, with its goals being to improve the economy of others, nobles or otherwise.

Current list of members: Currently, besides the current head of the company, Aedan O'Connery, many unnamed merchants and traders have joined the company, enjoying the idea of a trading company where they have their say. Anyone of any nationality is allowed to call themselves a member of the trading company, as long as they can call themselves some branch of Catholicism.

Current Head of Company: Aedan O'Connery

((this is hopefull all good and done))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Miguel had received several contracts, but only an Italian had directly spoke with him about colonies so far.
(( Rankings (may change depending on bribes)
1. Las Malvinas/Falklands (South America, delpiero1234)
2. Ivory Coast (Africa, wzhang29)
3. Bahia (South America, Keinwyn)
4. Ludanda (Africa, 05060403)
5. Fernando Po (Africa, Von Habsburg)
If you notice I list them so that area without Aragonese people first, minus the first bribe I got.
If any province is colonized by another country steal/war for the colony))

Last edited:
Reactions: