• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque Tomas II Etxeto of House Etxeto

Pope Settles Peace: Si
Mission: Improve Relations

[Noble, Duque]

((Here are the results of the vote:

Pope settles peace?: Yes
Mission: Naval Race

Since the majority of players have decided that the Pope can decide a peace and Morgan McCloud has not shown up yet, that means I'll move further down the line of succession. @ML8991 is the second choice, so I shall give him until tomorrow at 9am PST to post here to claim the role of Pope, although if I get a reply soon enough I can get the next update out earlier. I need a proposed peace from our new Pope, one that should be fairly reasonable, so no large exchanges of land, and can be beneficial to either Aragon's or the Papal State's side. It should be noted that since the player pope will be added into the game, he is at the mercy of the game and will be killed off whenever the game chooses too, although the player can kill off his character before then too. If the Pope pleases, he can also choose to continue the war, but with the Papal State occupied that might not be entirely wise.))

Due to Cardinal Abate's mysterious lack of presence, perhaps the air of the war had ailed his mind. And so it rested to Juan to accept the position of the head of the Curia. He hope that he could insure stability in the realm of God and hoped to foster a new era of compassion and humility.

He thus wrote to his previous master, His Majesty Ferran III of Aragon

To the wise King Ferran of Aragon,

I propose that we trade no land in our formal arrangements, the land of the faith and the lands of Aragon are already bounded by myself. But in return for not territorial gains, perhaps a negotiation of reparations towards the damages caused in the short lived northern sieges, and to the hopeful em betterment of the Kingdom of Aragon. May God bless thee, and Godspeed to your reply

His Holiness, Pope Juan de Soneta

{{ Aragon has gotten bigger since the last time I checked. It's good to see an IAAR where the players don't screw up the game with petty rivalries :p }}

((Do most iAARs go downhill because of player feuds? Aragon is just to awesome too go that way... yet. :D))

((We really need Genoa. Such a pity that this war has come to an end.))

((Our odds of getting anything from Genoa in a war where we and Genoa were not war leaders for our sides was slim, especially now with France controlling Corsica.))

Due to Cardinal Abate's mysterious lack of presence, perhaps the air of the war had ailed his mind. And so it rested to Juan to accept the position of the head of the Curia. He hope that he could insure stability in the realm of God and hoped to foster a new era of compassion and humility.

He thus wrote to his previous master, His Majesty Ferran III of Aragon

To the wise King Ferran of Aragon,

I propose that we trade no land in our formal arrangements, the land of the faith and the lands of Aragon are already bounded by myself. But in return for not territorial gains, perhaps a negotiation of reparations towards the damages caused in the short lived northern sieges, and to the hopeful em betterment of the Kingdom of Aragon. May God bless thee, and Godspeed to your reply

His Holiness, Pope Juan de Soneta

((Just to clarify, who are you asking to pay reparations? Aragon or the Papal State? You may also attempt to negotiate with Tuscany for peace, but the likelihood of the AI accepting anything less than the wargoal is slim.

Edit: Almost forgot to ask for the name of your Pope. Feel free to pick anything you want within reason.))

((Do most iAARs go downhill because of player feuds? Aragon is just to awesome too go that way... yet. :D))
{{ Well This is Madness for example has been going this way since the first Senate session but it fits in the overall thema :p }}

{{ Well This is Madness for example has been going this way since the first Senate session but it fits in the overall thema :p }}

((I would guess so from the name. :D))

((As the pope is losing, correct?, with a likelihood of being over run, and with it's capital sieged, I offer war reparations paid by the papacy to Aragon, also- what is the goal of the Tuscans?, and how could I negotiate with them?)

((I think that the papal name Stephen would be nice, IOT, this would be Stephen X/ Stephen XI))

((As the pope is losing, correct?, with a likelihood of being over run, and with it's capital sieged, I offer war reparations paid by the papacy to Aragon, also- what is the goal of the Tuscans?, and how could I negotiate with them?)

((I think that the papal name Stephen would be nice, IOT, this would be Stephen X/ Stephen XI))

((The Pope is indeed losing. Tuscany's wargoal is Romagna. You can attempt to send them any peace you want, within reason, and I'll tag swap and send the request. Of course the AI is not likely to accept much this early in the war, but you can try anyway.))

Juan de Soneta, now Pope Stephen X, was deliberating his options. romagna was a useful province, providing a useful buffer towards the powers of venice to the north, as well as a step closer towards the european heartlands, where rumours of a new creed of the true faith were passing around. But on the other hand! It had sub par potential, and had always been difficult to govern, being seperated from the heart of the church lands. And so with heavy heart, Pope Stephen X set to write his letter to the King in Tuscany

To his majesty the King of Tuscany,

We wish no more to this bloody conflict, so we submit to your desire for the northern lands of Romagna, along with reperations, to fuel future development to improve your citiziens lives.

May you be blessed and i hope we needn't fight again

Pope Stephen X

Having a pope within their ranks is not the only good news within the de Soneta family. The Duke of Trinacria is pleased to announce the union of his sister Valentine Jeanne de Montségur and Francesco Andreas Maximilius de Soneta. May they be happy together.

Xs93UHA.png

The Trastámara family is pleased to announce that the King's (distant) relative, Beatriu de Trastámara, youngest daughter of Enric de Trastámara and great-granddaughter of Ferran I, shall be married to Francois de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria. May they have a long and happy marriage. ((@alscon, feel free to do what you wish with her. I'll add your guy to my royal family tree, but you have control of any children and whatnot.))

In less exciting new, Alfonso d'Aragon, the grandson of the infamous Ferran the Bastard, has managed to arrange a marriage with Loise de Saint-Pierre.

((private))
Antonio was wondering how O'Connery's plan to set up a trading company was progressing. After all, O'Connery had received a tremendous amount of ducats from the Bank of Tuscany. To find out he decided to write him a letter.

((Letter to Aedon O'Connery))
Dear O'Connery,
I'd like to enquire how things are progressing regarding that trading company which you agreed to set-up with the funds we provided you. Please let us know if you have encountered any difficulties and how the situation is. Have you already informed the King of your plan to start your own trading company? Let me remind you that the Bank of Tuscany has the utmost confidence that you can rival the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company.

Regards,
Antonio di Arezzo

((Letter to the Crown))
Your Majesty,
As you might know, I am currently residing in the Kingdom of Aragon and plan to stay here. I work for the Bank of Tuscany whose interests I represent in your prosperous kingdom. Should the Crown run into financial problems, then do not hesitate to contact us, as I am sure we could work something out.
I'd also like to enquire whether there is a possibility that you could grant me some land? In particular, I'd be interested in the province of Sevilla. Even though I was not born in the Kingdom of Aragon, I'd like to stay here for the foreseeable future. There are many business opportunities here and I would be most thankful if you grant me the title of Count of Sevilla.

Regards,
Antonio di Arezzo

Your Majesty,
As you might know, I am currently residing in the Kingdom of Aragon and plan to stay here. I work for the Bank of Tuscany whose interests I represent in your prosperous kingdom. Should the Crown run into financial problems, then do not hesitate to contact us, as I am sure we could work something out.
I'd also like to enquire whether there is a possibility that you could grant me some land? In particular, I'd be interested in the province of Sevilla. Even though I was not born in the Kingdom of Aragon, I'd like to stay here for the foreseeable future. There are many business opportunities here and I would be most thankful if you grant me the title of Count of Sevilla.

Regards,
Antonio di Arezzo

Xs93UHA.png

Admittedly it is questionable to grant a foreigner, let alone a banker, a title within the kingdom. However, it seems that the previous Count of Sevilla and his entire family came down with the Plague recently and the county lacks a ruler. This isn't the first time this has happened. God works in strange ways. Seeing as the region desperately needs someone to rule over it, I shall accept your offer and grant you the title of Count of Sevilla.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Aedan was currently at one of his bases in Sardinia when he had received a note. Oh, it was from the bank. He held back a sigh. The bank probably thought he had forgotten about their deal, but that was far from it. He was trying to think of how to give a formal letter to the king, but formality was never his strongpoint, so this was proving difficult for him. He quickly wrote back to the bank.

Dear di Arezzo

The progress of making my own trading company is less than substantial. I have so far been unable to inform the king of my decision to form a trading company, as I cannot seem to think of a well enough proposal. I'll assure you that the trading company will be formed, though, as soon as I can possibly form it.

Best regards, Adean O'Connery

((Also, I happen to be apparently rather incompetent and am rather clueless of how to form a trade company in this...and I have never done it in game either. Yeah, I'm not necessarily good at the game, and I don't have all the DLC))

((Also, I happen to be apparently rather incompetent and am rather clueless of how to form a trade company in this...and I have never done it in game either. Yeah, I'm not necessarily good at the game, and I don't have all the DLC))
((A trading company is not something that we actually have in-game. Here is a quote from one of Mike's post about trading companies.

Trading Companies

At any time any courtier, preferably a merchant, may choose to found a trading company. They will be required to write up a charter and keep track of all members. Trading companies at first are general and simply act within the kingdom. However, they may be granted monopolies on certain regions, as represented by in-game trading companies. To claim monopolies on these regions, the trading company must petition the king for the right to sole operation within the region. Once the right is granted, all provinces within the region are added to a trading company. If the trading company becomes successful enough to grant an extra merchant, that in-game merchant is assigned to that trading company. Members of the trading company vote on which member will take the position and receive the extra voting power. A trading company may also choose to keep the merchant as an NPC, such as when there are more in-game merchants than members of the trading company. In this case, the head of the trading company receives the extra voting power.

Every trading company must make a post that includes their charter and a list of members. I will link to this post in the table of contents for easy access. The trading company should also have a clear method for determining the head of the company, whether it is determined by blood, seniority, or a vote. It should be noted that only courtiers may join a trading company.
Trading companies try to get monopolies and compete with there trading companies ))

((So, I just petition a trading company proposal to the king/Michealangelo? Sorry for my incompetence))
((I think the post I quoted also says something about a charter and a list of members (at the beginning you most likely be the only player member but you can recruit more. Maybe Michael can confirm that what I say is actually true because I am not 100% sure.))