• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Question: do I have to read through all of the one hundred and two pages to completely know what's going on, or can I proceed to make a character and then just get filled in on the situation later on?))

((I'd recommend reading through the updates at least, which there are links to on the first page, just to get an idea of where Aragon is at. Other than that, feel free to post a character. :)))

((Alright! Would reading through the latest update be fine, or should I read through all of then?))

((All of them would be best, but really you could make due with the past 20 years or so since that would most likely be when your character was alive or growing up.))

((All of them would be best, but really you could make due with the past 20 years or so since that would most likely be when your character was alive or growing up.))

((Okay, I'll post a character once I finish reading the latest twenty years or so. Hopefully that's alright with you. If so, then you'll be seeing a character from me sooner or later))

Reactions:
News from Aragón finally reaches Lübecker.

Your Majesty,

Why should we make claims anywhere we can on Italia when the Tuscans are our ally and we still need the pope ((until the Protestant Reformation at the very least)) to have good relations with us? Excommunication is way worse than having to face the combined navy of Genoa and Venice! However we should honor the call to arms, it's a good way to build relations with our allies. ((As for the marriage... I still need to know the effects. :p))

WIth regards,
Ferdinand Xaver Lübecker
[courtier, explorer]

Chancellor's Plan: Nein
Tuscan Call-to-arms: Honor
Tuscan Marriage: Option 1/Option 2/Option 3/Option 4/Abstain

((As for the marriage... I still need to know the effects. :p))

((The effects won't be revealed because they'll bias players to pick whichever one will be the best for the game, rather than for RP reasons. And to be frank, I haven't finalized the effects anyway so I can't post what hasn't been decided yet. :D Most likely they'll be what you'd logically think (ex. change in relations with Tuscany).))

Name: Aedan O'Connery
Date of birth: March 1500
Class: courtier. He owns small bits of land in Bari and Sardinia as well as in the Byzantine area, mostly owning trading posts and inns. ((If this isn't allowed then I will change it))
Religion: he worships Roman Catholicism.
Bio: his father was a wealthy land owner in ireland, owning multiple buildings of trade and others that just provided income in Ireland, the Isle of Mann, and Shetland Island. Upon buying a small trading post in the southern part of Sicily, he had moved in with one of his Italian relatives ((a distant one)) to see if he could manage Italian trade. He was unable to take Aedan's older brother, Alroy O'Connery, with him to Sicily, so Alroy had to stay with his mother. During the time in Sicily, he had met a beautiful lady. This lady had swept him away and before you know it, the lady was pregnant with Aedan. The father had no idea how to take care of this, for his wife would certainly be angry with him. So, instead is staying to take care of Aedan, he let his Italian relative take care of the boy, as well as giving his relative half of the income that would come from his new Sardinian holding so the man could take care of him and Aedan. Aedan's father continued to expand his Italian wealth, but did so in Ireland. Upon dying, due to means of disease in Ireland, the rather gave all of the land he owned around the island of Britain and Ireland to Alroy, and, upon receiving the illness,he had written a letter to his Italian relative, stating that Aedan would be inheriting the trade posts in Sardinia, even though these never had much trade in the first place. Upon being old enough to take the mantle of ruling the trade posts, Aedan had succeeded in expanding his trade through some other Mediterranean provinces, unlike his father, who could only expand around Sardinia. He made some trade posts in Bari, bought an inn in Morea, and he also had stationed his new home in the Iberian peninsula, his home being on the shore of the island in the Belares that's closest to Iberia. He gained a modest amount of wealth this way, and he's currently trying to figure out ways on how to use the African holdings to his monetary advantage, as well as this discovery of land to the west, but for now, he's fine with funding a few colonies if they were ever to show up.

((Once again, if any part of this is not acceptable or of something needs clarifying, please tell me and I will change/clarify whatever you want))

Reactions:
((Once again, if any part of this is not acceptable or of something needs clarifying, please tell me and I will change/clarify whatever you want))

((Everything seems fine, so you don't need to be worried. When it comes to characters owning property or land, it's okay if they own a few businesses if they're a courtier or a small holding if they're a noble, just as long as they don't control like half a province or are wealthier than the Crown. It's expected that a wealthy merchant would have property throughout the kingdom. :)))

((Everything seems fine, so you don't need to be worried. When it comes to characters owning property or land, it's okay if they own a few businesses if they're a courtier or a small holding if they're a noble, just as long as they don't control like half a province or are wealthier than the Crown. It's expected that a wealthy merchant would have property throughout the kingdom. :)))
((Awesome! Thank you very much, my good sir/person/thing! I cannot wait to get involved!))

Reactions:
My Liege,

Chancellors Plan : Yes (I trust this requires little explanation?)
Tuscan Call to Arms: Honour
Tuscan Marriage: Option 1/Option 2/Option 3/Option 4

Your Grace,
Jaume Limmona, Duke of Naples and Capua and Chancellor of the Realm

'What would you say to this?' Montségur looked at the severed head in his provisory camp. The native leader made a perfect companion: Always willing to listen, never criticizing his decisions, not trying to make him a 'better man' as his brother always tried with his ethical doubts. Only problem was that he didn't talk much. 'I would much rather leave this in my brother's hands, but he's busy doing his things in Palermo - ha! He just delegated that responsibility on my shoulders!'
The head on its pike didn't move, what he interpreted as a confirmation.
'Nevertheless, I have to give my opinions. The Chancellor's plan seems a bit excessive, doesn't it? All Italy? Does he think that the other powers will just watch?'
The head still didn't move. His empty look disconcerted Montségur now. 'Say something! Oh, right - you don't understand my language. Seems like i had to teach you before killing you.' The conquistador laughed. 'Well, then I will just say no, or whatever it means in your savage tongue!'
The empty stare and open mouth reminded him of something else and he stopped laughing. 'Oh, right - the Tuscans. Well, they make a good ally, and the prospect of seizing Corsica is nice. You know what a family bond means?'
No answer. 'Well, who cares what you think anyway! It is settled!' Montségur sent a letter to the court with the next ship.

((Chancellors Plan : No
Tuscan Call to Arms: Honour
Tuscan Marriage: Option 1/Option 2/Option 3/Option 4
Also, if the call is honoured, maybe start fabricating a claim on Corsica before accepting, so that Tuscany might give it to us in the peace.

[unlanded noble, conquistador]))

Reactions:
((Quick question, can I add little flavor posts? Like my character just going through a part of his daily life, or can I only do roleplay-like things when it's voting time or something like that? I'm merely askig this due to my love of roleplay, and my love of this game))

((Quick question, can I add little flavor posts? Like my character just going through a part of his daily life, or can I only do roleplay-like things when it's voting time or something like that? I'm merely askig this due to my love of roleplay, and my love of this game))

((Yes please! The more role play the better.))

Reactions:
Also, if the call is honoured, maybe start fabricating a claim on Corsica before accepting, so that Tuscany might give it to us in the peace.

((Way ahead of you. This is probably a good time to mention that when I have free diplomats, I usually send them off to fabricate random claims on our hostile or threatening neighbours. We have claims all over North Africa, Iberia, Venice, and Genoa. I just stopped mentioning them in the updates because I make so many. In fact, we have claims on all three of Genoa's Italian provinces. You never know when you'll end up in a war where you can take land from them. :D))

((You definitely can. We've had quite a few roleplay posts between updates and sometimes special events like feasts or balls. The more the better. :)))

((Oh boy, this is going to be awesome!))

Being a rather advantageous business man, Adean was often at some type of business meeting of some type, the locations for these meetings could be anywhere, really. From Sardinia to Sicily to even, on rare ocassions, Greek lands. Today he was attempting to go to Athens in search of increasing the size of his rather small collection of holdings in the Balkans. In all honesty, the Balkans hadn't entirely interested him at first glance, but he had shortly realized that it would be age to have a location or two in at least a province in every area. After this, he'd probably try to invest in some areas in the African provinces.

The journey from his home on the Belares, a nice one, by the way, to the city of Athens was rather lengthy, but he was used to long travels. He was also used to indulging himself ever so slightly during these journeys. He was usually a man who would rather keep himself content with bread and other normal food and drink, but he at times enjoyed a few sips of some wonderful Sicilian wine, which he often praised for it's flavor.

Upon reaching the province of Athens, Adean couldn't help but enjoy the bits of scenery he saw at the docking station. Here he was, in one of the provinces best known for holding the great Greek empire. He couldn't enjoy the scenery for too long, though. He needed to set himself up a little base here. A basic shop would be decent enough for now, so he had set off to find one.

Adean looked at all the shops and other areas of interest that he passed, wondering what would be the best for him. Obviously, he wasn't going to just completely but the store, no. He'd set up a dealership with the owner, split the profits together and both of them would attempt at expanding the store. Usually after a while, the store would become more grand and prosperous, receiving more yearly income, with a little over half of it going to him.

It didn't take him much walking before he came across a small shop that looked like it could use a bit of a redesign, as well as some actual customers. Adean grinned upon seeing the store. It looked like a bit of a challenge, but with a bit of hard work, he could work with the owner to make this store a better place. So, with that said, he had entered the store, enthusiasm shown in the way he walked alone, but his eyes showed even more enthusiasm. The owner, who was currently at the counter, had looked at him as he entered. He looked like a dirty man who clearly needed a better wardrobe as well. The owner alone made it obvious the store wasn't as successful as it could be.

Adean smiled at the owner. "I've a deal for you, good sir!" He said, his voice holding confidence, but it also having a friendly tone as he walked towards the counter. Of course, if the man was not bilingual, he did know a bit of Greek, the perks of being a businessman.

A few hours, and maybe a wine glass or two, as successful meetings were usually followed by celebration, later, Adean had exited the store, his face in a wide smile. He had did it, and he had bought the store! He had told the owner that he'd come by in a few weeks for discussion on redesigning and improving, and he was planning on keeping to his word, he needed to go home and do some planning. He had a new business to run, and to plan for!

((Woo! That was actually rather fun to type! Hopefully interaction with other people's characters is a possibility. This fine Irish gentleman is going to need a bit more on the relations side of things of he's to succeed!))

Reactions:
Chancellors plan: decline
Tucan call to arms: decline
Marriage proposal: option 2, option 3, option 1, option 4

Cardinal archbishop Juan de Soneta

((@cheif bearpaw welcome to our iAAR, hope you enjoy your time playing, Juan is happy to interact with most characters, just let me know first, then we can figure something out perhaps, should you want to do something of course)

((@ML8991 Ah, well, Adean is a young business man, so he can basically interact with anyone who has land or is looking for a deal with him))
((You could start a trade company to make some competition to O5's trade company))

Reactions: