• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
to his excellency
why is it that I heard rumors of retirement for me im stil healthy enough to rule my province hopefully this is a mistake otherwise I must protest and ask why im being retired at my prime.

Alexandro de la costa

to his excellency
why is it that I heard rumors of retirement for me im stil healthy enough to rule my province hopefully this is a mistake otherwise I must protest and ask why im being retired at my prime.

Alexandro de la costa

((That was just my warning I send out to all the 80+ year olds to warn them they're going to die in a decade or two unless they create a new character. :p))

((So you're sending me on a circumnavigation quest? Interesting.))

Ferdinand had just reached the mouth of a river at this "Rio de la Plata." The king had asked him to find a route just beyond this continent that led to India. It was possible, Ferdinand thought. He just needed to find a strait around this continent that seemed to stretch to the southern reaches of the world...

((New plan:
- Explore waters of Panama
- Explore waters of Mexico

I'm still exploring Patagonia, just so you know. :p))

((Oh LOL, I just noticed something. I'll let you figure it out. :D))

((We actually can reach St. Helena, but I just didn't include it because you already asked to colonize it. I'll still keep track of that so once we do colonize it, you'll be counted as the backer, otherwise I'll go for Muturu first. Sorry if I unintentionally confused you. :oops:

Edit: I just looked to see where Muturu is and just to make sure you know, it's pretty much surrounded by Castilian colonies and is in a region dominated by Castile. Not sure if that will affect your choice.))

(( I'll have to think on that. Or maybe just let you assume IC that my 72 year old character is getting confused from age and make an appropriate choice yourself. :) ))

Reactions:
"Faster men, faster! We have to beat Lübecker," Captain Sancho screamed from the deck. "That upstart thinks he can outexplore us! Well we will show him who the bolder crew is!"

Should he have returned to Aragon? Perhaps. But Lübecker was given a mission to sail around the tip of the new continent. They had discovered so many new lands and peoples and he was not going to let his rival steal all the credit! No, he would push his crew harder and harder till there were no more lands and seas to explore.

To the north!

((I'll write an IC about the apes later :p))

Reactions:
'Damned rebellious savages.' De Montségur kicked the lifeless body of their leader. 'That will teach them to mess with civilization.'
He was stationed in Africa. A test of his abilities, he was certain. The climate, the savages, those cursed insects and illness plagued the colonists of Karou, and he and the mercenaries under his command were not better off.

The mercenaries who hadn't given him a warm welcome. A high-born 'boy' like him didn't belong to the jungle. Wouldn't he run off to his mummy as soon as things would get dangerous? This wasn't some kind of palace. The natives had already attempted one raid, they would return. 'No, they will not. And treat your leader with respect, or you won't be able to speak any more.' With the boys from home he had brought as reinforcements, he ventured forward, and the others grudgingly followed. Either that or facing execution. Not what they were paid for. They could rebel, but the crown would hunt them down and victory wasn't even certain. But after having razed all huts they could find and ended their resistance, they seemed to have accepted Montségur as their leader. He had shown some promise.

These challenges forge a character. Even if he couldn't venture into African heartland because of the rebellious population of Aragon's possessions, staying here was already enough. The explorer Sancho had started out as colonist in Beafada after all. He would make it to similar fame. The first step was the extermination of Karou's natives. Savages who didn't oppose him long. And now, with war possibly at the horizon, the unknown was even further away. The Jolofians would very likely need to be brought the word of the Lord by force, as they resisted the missionaries sent by the Inquisition. De Montségur sighed, and looked at the horizon above the ocean. He'd get there eventually.

The young, now aging, Juan finaaly re emerged from court. Whereas before he stood tall and proud, his proud hair trimmed to perfection, and every aspect of him commanded respect and authority, the man returned stooped low, his back almost hunched, his brittle looking white hair barely contained by his cardinal hat, and his robes were frayed and in a state of disorder.

I aplogise most severely for my absence of late, many misfortunes have befallen my family, with my brother passing (1519) and the matter of arranging his affairs have been most pressing. I hope you may all forgive myself, and may God bless all of you.

(@Michaelangelo)

To my king,
Although it has been some time, i must express my condolances over the death of your father, he was a great man.
May you be equally prosperous, may the Lord bless,
Amen

Juan de Soneta, Cardinal- Archbishop of Pirineo

The years were going by fast for Cardinal Mòdena. He had been consumed by Italian affairs and culture upon his appointment to the Consistory. He began living his life in the fashion of the great Patron-Cardinals of Rome, assembling a great collection of curiosities and art at both his residence in Rome and in Cagliari. He was now determined to fund something unheard of in all of Christendom, a zoo. He had heard rumors of the mysterious Espírito Santo beasts and thought that they would be a great beginning to the collection. He then composed a letter to the great explorers of the Kingdom.

To whoever it may concern,

May it be known that there is a 150 ducat bounty on one of the Espírito Santo beasts, also known as Gorillae, to be brought alive to the Port of Cagliari. The one who brings one back first receives not only the reward but the patronage of his eminence Cardinal Mòdena in the future.

Sealed and approved by Raffaelo, Cardinal Mòdena of Cagliari, Primate of Sardinia.

Reactions:
Xs93UHA.png

I wish to inform the court that as Treasurer and Representative to Byzantium, I shall keep both plans the same. Previous ideas for the ministry have proven successful enough.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Your Majesty,
I wish to present my plan for ministry. First I would like for our Merchant in Genoa to move to to Ragusa, to transfer trade. Also after some thinking I believe we should move our Merchant from the Ivory Coast to Alexandria. Both of those thing will weaken Venice. I also think that the trade fleet currently protecting trade in the Ivory Coast should be redirected to Alexandria, and the fleet in Sevilla should protect trade in Genoa. If this will boost our trade income then it should stay, but if the income drops, I request that the merchants go back to original locations.
Maxime de Saint-Pierre,
head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Comapny, Grandmaster of Aragon.

Last edited:
Reactions:
My Liege,

As Chancellor, I propose the following for my plan (Chancellor's Plan):

Rival Hungary, they are growing too powerful and their moves on Italy are too much. Our Italian ambitions must not be halted and they stand in our way.

We should also take look to make claims everywhere we can on the Italian peninsula, these rich lands are ripe for the taking and with Naples now fully integrated, we can look to expand our holdings across the Mediterranean.

We should also answer most call to arms, except where the war would be hopeless. This is to build up our trust with our allies and ensure they come to help us when we need to.

We must also protect our cultural and religious brethren where possible, Morocco's recent expansion is deeply troubling and we need to rescue as many Catholics and Iberians as we can from their grasp.

Your Grace,
Jaume Limmona, Duke of Naples and Capua and Chancellor of the Realm

Ferdinand was cursing every which way. In German. He threw a piece of paper into the brackish water of the Paraná.

"How dare he! If that other explorer thinks he's so much better..."

Indeed, that letter was Sancho's. An insult. And indeed did he dare to challenge his mentor's own son.

Instead of channeling his anger, however, he focused further on mapping Patagonia. As he neared an archipelago, he thought he saw smoke flying off the land.

((Yes, I'm close to the Land of Fire (Tierra del Fuego). ))

Reactions:
We should also take look to make claims everywhere we can on the Italian peninsula, these rich lands are ripe for the taking and with Naples now fully integrated, we can look to expand our holdings across the Mediterranean.

Claiming the rightful land of the holy see is not something I can in good conscience support. In addition, it does nothing for the Kingdom's honour to be seen claiming the lands of our avowed ally, the Tuscans. I must therefore regretfully object.

((Time to start the vote. We're still missing a few ministers' plans, so hopefully those trickle in despite being past the deadline, and I see we have a dispute over the Chancellor's plan. I've also created a custom event involving a potential marriage between the heir and a Medici, which may be somewhat poorly timed since Tuscany wants us to join a war. I'll include a screenshot below. The different options obviously correspond to the ones in the event. I'm going to make the Tuscan marriage event a tiered vote, so you may vote for up to three of the options. Please post them in the order of preference, since that will determine the VP each one gets.

Chancellor's Plan: Yes/No/Abstain
Tuscan Call-to-arms: Honour/Decline/Abstain
Tuscan Marriage: Option 1/Option 2/Option 3/Option 4/Abstain

I will give everyone until Tuesday at 12pm PST. I know this is a day longer than I usually do, but it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I have plans for Monday that will probably keep me from doing a playthrough. Everyone should bold their votes and include their character's name and class.

))

Last edited:
*An increasingly ailing Duc de Agramunt forwards his suggestions to the Royal Court*

Chancellor's Plan: Yes
Tuscan Call-to-arms: Honor
Tuscan Marriage: Option 3

[Landed Noble]
[Duke (Cortz), Diplomat]

Llorenç Alfons María de Agramunt, Duc d'Elx,
Conde d'Alicante, Cavaller de l'Ordre de Santiago

Chancellor's Plan: No
Tuscan Call-to-arms: Abstain
Tuscan Marriage:
1. Option 1
2. Option 2
3. Option 4
4. Option 3

[courtier, merchant, Grandmaster, +1VP for NPC merchant]

Maxime de Saint-Pierre,
head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Comapny, Grandmaster of Aragon.

Last edited:
((I've made the marriage vote a tiered one now, so anyone who has voted already may now include up to three choices in their vote, in the order of preference. Feel free to edit your votes.))

(I should have told before I lost interest in the game and I retreated from it, sorry for having being so inactive so far and not announcing this decision.)

((So do you want me to remove your character from the list? And don't worry about it. I don't expect everyone to keep interested and stick around the whole time. :)))

((Question: do I have to read through all of the one hundred and two pages to completely know what's going on, or can I proceed to make a character and then just get filled in on the situation later on?))