• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will keep plans the same as always.

--Ernst Wilhellm Lübecker

Xs93UHA.png

My plans for the Chancellery is as follows:

We shall not declare war on any state unless we have positive manpower, preferably half our normal reserves at least. While I do not intend for much warfare, Morocco and Tlemcen are currently at war and Tlemcen has no allies. If both were to find themselves in a vulnerable position, I think it would be advantageous to expand our holdings in North Africa. Of course this would only be pursued one our manpower situation is rectified first. Other than that, my plan remains the same.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

As Steward, I believe my old plan is suitable.

- Prince Ferran de Trastámara

For my plans as Grand Admiral, I'd like to build two more barques to increase our trade fleet to ten ships, making it strong enough to fend off threats and bring in a sizeable amount of ducats.

- Prince Alfons de Trastámara

Reactions:
Taking advantage of the Noble Internment Act, Vincenzo Castelozzi had decided to have his father laid to rest in the cathedral of Valencia. No matter what he had done wrong, he had been one of the men who made Aragon what it was now. As Knight of the Light, he deserved it. With the death of the old Duke, he was now ruling in Trinacria - and entered the King's service as diplomat, as he had asked for earlier. The more experienced de Agramunt dealt with the international matters for now, so he focused on calming the storms his father had caused. He wrote to Duque Etxeto of Navarre, putting aside that unpleasant inquisitorial affair, for what had it brought to both sides other than a loss of face? He spoke to the Greek nobles, saying that whatever his father had said was not meant to cause any trouble - or any bloodshed, for that matter.
When he felt that the worst parts of his political inheritance were dealt with, he addressed the court, ready to represent Aragon in foreign lands. Although he worried about the peasantry at home, who openly showed a lot more hostility towards him than usual.

(( Vincenzo's birth date: 12th October 1460))

myKh8vJ.png
Your Majesty,

With the unpleasant time of my father's death behind me, I am now ready to serve as diplomat to Your Highness. I feel like if I have dealt with all the problems posed by my succession. As I had to speak with the Greeks in these affairs, I am also proposing my services as Representative to Byzantium. They have a difficult time against the rebels despite their new status within the realm, and desperately need some help, it seems, or our protection of the Greeks will cost us too much. Not willing to put my military education to waste, I could at least teach them to better adapt themselves to modern warfare.

Your humble servant,
Vincenzo Castelozzi, Duke of Trinacria and Count of Palermo

Reactions:
Your Majesty,

With the unpleasant time of my father's death behind me, I am now ready to serve as diplomat to Your Highness. I feel like if I have dealt with all the problems posed by my succession. As I had to speak with the Greeks in these affairs, I am also proposing my services as Representative to Byzantium. They have a difficult time against the rebels despite their new status within the realm, and desperately need some help, it seems, or our protection of the Greeks will cost us too much. Not willing to put my military education to waste, I could at least teach them to better adapt themselves to modern warfare.

Your humble servant,
Vincenzo Castelozzi, Duke of Trinacria and Count of Palermo

Xs93UHA.png

Although I knew it was coming, I am still saddened that your father is gone. He served this kingdom well. I see no reason to deny your the position of Representative of Byzantium. We could always use another diplomat as well.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((With Luigi Castelozzi finally dead, we now have an opening on the Cortz. I'm going to allow players until Sunday at 12pm PST to nominate themselves for the open position. Since @SirAlucard expressed interest in joining the Cortz but missed the deadline last time, I'm going to automatically assume he's nominating himself again, although it'd be nice if he posts a nomination anyway.))

Your Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara,

After many months of decision-making and planning, I have decided that I would like to serve as your official Royal Cartographer for you and your council. As proof to show you that I'm experienced in this affair, I have spent almost a whole decade in the business of map-making and general cartography as an independent in the capital, but I feel that it is time for me to truly serve a better purpose in my country's global affairs, even if all I'm doing is making royal maps.

I have also heard of the recent discoveries of this so-called "New World" by the Castilians and Portuguese, so I feel that we must increase funding and effort into that area. That is all.

- Fernando Magalhães, Cartographer in València

Xs93UHA.png

The court is pleased to announce the marriage between Gaston de Foix, Count of Candale, and Amelia Francesca Lucrezia de Soneta. May their union be joyous and prosperous.

((Our first marriage as a result of Aragon's Eligible Bachelors and Bachelorettes, and also the first marriage between a player-created character and the relative of a royal. Yes, there are relatives of the royal family looking for love, no matter how distant they are from the current king in blood. ;)))

Von Thun was not quite satisfied when he returned to Zaragoza after taking down the Byzantine rebels. The peasants had long been without a strong authority above them and began to feel unfairly ruled. But was it his mistake that he had been sent out with royal orders? Surely not. And yet, the peasants were angry at him... with how centralized the County had become, he couldn't even cut the taxes, since it weren't his Tax Collectors anymore, but the King's. Maybe a petition for an increase in ground taxes and thus wealth could do, but if nothing was done, the peasants would surely start to wage war against nobillity...

My King

I'd still like to nominate myself for the Cortz. As to my plans for our army, I'm sticking to the old plan regarding our army composition. As to the forts, I'm a bit uncertain. I don't know about the other counts and dukes in our kingdom, but the peasants back home in Zaragoza have started to complain about me. They say I'm an unfit tyrant and such nonsense. I would've cut their taxes to keep them quiet, but with how centralized our provinces in Iberia are, I had no way of doing so. I fear that a peasant war is inevitable if nothing is done soon. Maybe an increase in wealth in the counties would make them happier, but I know that that would have to be discussed among the court. But nonetheless, let me propose my solution:

The Satisfactory of Peasants Act
As long as a Peasant War is on the horizon, all forts have to be manned. If affordable, Base Tax should be risen to show the peasants that the King still cares about them and their families.
((For every increase in Base Tax in Iberia, the progress of the disaster loses 15%))
((Let me explain why I don't think it to be cheesy. Peasant War shows us that the King does not do what his people want, normaly probably decentralization, but wealth surely is another demand. If we give in to their demands, they don't feel as unfairly treatened. Surely, we could start a war without having to bother about the disaster that way, but developement increases aren't quite the least expensive things on earth.))

That was all from my side, your majesty.

Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

myKh8vJ.png

Your Majesty,

I am most thankful that I am able to be of service to the crown. I will do my best to support Byzantium's armies, and make sure to have Aragon represented as good as possible on any diplomatic missions.
As for my plan for the Empire, I would suggest to use their control of Constantinople against the Italian republics. Calling for an embargo against our rivals will prevent some of its wealth to reach Venice, while our own merchants are enough to pull the goods towards the Genoese trade. Otherwise, it would be good to cooperate closely with them by weapon trade, but doing this depends solely on their willingness and is out of our reach to decide. ((Have Byzantium embargo our rivals. Would be good to just select Venice, but I checked the wiki this time to make sure there are no problems with the plan. Western Arms Trade is only Byzantium's choice.))

Your humble servant,
Vincenzo Castelozzi, Duke of Trinacria, Count of Palermo and Representative to Byzantium

((Let me explain why I don't think it to be cheesy. Peasant War shows us that the King does not do what his people want, normaly probably decentralization, but wealth surely is another demand. If we give in to their demands, they don't feel as unfairly treatened. Surely, we could start a war without having to bother about the disaster that way, but developement increases aren't quite the least expensive things on earth.))

((I'm hesitant to allow this. Mainly it's because I have no idea how to lower the progress of the Peasant War manually. Nor do I want to have to stop the game every time I raise base tax to lower it, if it requires save game editing. Also to be fair, by the time we have the spare admin points to raise base tax, the Peasant War will be over because our manpower will be above the required 50%.))

embargo against our rivals

((Speaking of this, I just realized that I didn't set embargoes as a specific power of any member of the council. From now on, the Grandmaster may issue embargoes, although as alscon has done the Viceroys can make our vassals do it too.))

My plan for the Treasury remains the same.

I would also like to propose:

General Ordinance of 1507
I. All baptisms and burials shall be recorded by the officiating priest. These acts must be signed by notaries.
II. That official documents are clear and understandable, and so there is no reason to doubt about the meaning of those documents, we want and order that they be made and written so clearly in the common Aragonese tongue that there can be no ambiguity or uncertainty, no reason to ask for an explanation.

Whilst the former is needed for determining the age of applicants for ecclesiastical office, it also has applications in the efficiency of tax collection.

In that case, your Majesty, let me propose another law

The Disaster Prevention Act

As long as there is a disaster on the horizon, every fort in the country has to be manned.

I'm sure this will help us maintain stability even if dire times are upon us.

361UEX5.png

The court is pleased to announce the marriage between Juliol María Antonio de Agramunt and Anne D'Albret. May their union be joyous and prosperous.

3eKSocD.png

Your Majesty,

As Court Chaplin I feel that using our influence in the College of Cardinals to increase our chances of becoming the Curia Controller should be our top priority ((so really no change here)), however I would like to propose that during times of war, if Your Majesty and the Court agree, that we instead use our political capital within the College to levy additional church taxes or to gain the Pope's support by declaring a holy war to assist the war effort.

God Bless the King,
Cardinal Abate
Court Chaplin
Archbishop of Palermo

((So no change except during war we should have the option to spend 50 PI to levy church tax for cash or proclaim holy war for manpower if it would be useful. Also since France has 7 cardinals and we have 4 it may be difficult to become curia controller.))

--------------------------------------------

To Vincenzo Castelozzi, Duke of Trinacria;

I would like to express my deepest condolences to Your Grace upon the death of your father. He was a great man and the hero of Aragon, a true Sicilian. He had a strong spirit in life and he now awaits the Final Judgement. Hopefully your own service to the Kingdom will honor his legacy.

May God Bless You,
Cardinal Abate

sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My grace Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

With the traveling I have done, I have encountered many riches that I believe Aragon should claim. I can not speak for this rumored "New World", but I can speak for Africa, Arabia and India.
The goods I encountered there are out of this world, and I believe Aragon should prosper with these goods too.
I say that we should explore the riches of the east and establish ourselves as an even stronger trading power in the world, outclassing everyone else.

Your loyal servant,

Alesandre de Alvaro, count of Sassari
Lux Tenebris Vincet

Your Majesty,​

As Court Chaplin I feel that using our influence in the College of Cardinals to increase our chances of becoming the Curia Controller should be our top priority ((so really no change here)), however I would like to propose that during times of war, if Your Majesty and the Court agree, that we instead use our political capital within the College to levy additional church taxes or to gain the Pope's support by declaring a holy war to assist the war effort.

God Bless the King,
Cardinal Abate
Court Chaplin
Archbishop of Palermo

Cardinal Abate, surely the Church should be allowed to use its wealth for its god given mission, not have it siphoned off for temporal power struggles? I am affraid I cannot accept such a measure and will be forced to object if you insist on it.
Your idea to gain papal blessing for our wars, however, is quite inspired and should help allay some of the anger of the peasants.

- Cardinal Sastre

((You have to choose between Cagliari or Sassari; you can't have both. I'll have to wait for your official bio before adding your new character though, since I can't add a character without a birth year.))

(( Could I please have Sassari? The title has been vacant for awhile and there are plenty of other bishoprics that are more interesting that people can choose from. I just like the idea of all of Sardinia as one Archbishopric like in history, at least for awhile. Sorry to keep on asking.))

((Just saying, I cannot access the docs file for that bachelor(ette) thing. :/))

I would like to change my plan. Cease trading (embargo) with some of our enemies/rivals (specifically targeted at Castile and Venice).

--Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker

(( Could I please have Sassari? The title has been vacant for awhile and there are plenty of other bishoprics that are more interesting that people can choose from. I just like the idea of all of Sardinia as one Archbishopric like in history, at least for awhile. Sorry to keep on asking.))

((So you want Sassari instead of Cagliari? If you're suggesting to claim both, I can't allow that. Everyone gets one title and one title only. I'm not merging them either, since they both existed as archbishoprics.))

((Just saying, I cannot access the docs file for that bachelor(ette) thing. :/))

I would like to change my plan. Cease trading (embargo) with some of our enemies/rivals (specifically targeted at Castile and Venice).

--Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker

((It should be available to everyone to view and edit, unless of course the Chinese government is watching you and disapproves. :D))

((It should be available to everyone to view and edit, unless of course the Chinese government is watching you and disapproves. :D))
((I may or may not be in China. Google is blocked by the firewall, so yeah, I can't see it.))