• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My King

The Noble Internment Act seems like a fine gesture towards those who served the kingdom honourly and well. I can only agree to such a proposement. As we're talking of serving already, if the Cortz should happen to get any free seats, I would like to propose myself as a member of it. I know I said I'm not the most known man in diplomacy among the aristocracy, but having a father who was diplomat himself does give you some insight, and I worked hard on improving my reputation around the court.
Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The feast was truly going well. As expected, the French wine was as excellent as the rumors claimed it to be, and Stefano was truly curious on tasting from the Breton lambs who were delivered soon after he arrived. Truly, it was a good day and seeing his son together with his wife just enjoying the day made him even happier.

After much searching, the mansion was truly a maze for those who didn't have an all too good orientation, he found the former Bishop Saster, who he warmly greeted, congratulated on his new position of Archbishop and Cardinal, and he made him a present in form of a masterfully worked sword with valuable jewels in its grip.

"I don't say that you're in danger, not even closely. But every man needs a good weapon, and I made sure it was just made out of the best iron from our mines in Zaragoza. And those golden ornaments on the grip are made out of Gold from the newly conquered La Mancha. I hope it will serve you well, my Cardinal. It would be really angry if someone managed to kill you, I owe you much for educating my son and I'd have to make sure you were properly avenged."

Afterwards, Stefano sat to a table and got himself a conversation with Viceroy D'Este.

It would not be seemly for a man of the cloth to be seen engaging in trade, so I cannot accept such terms.

I understand. But I'm still happy that you have chosen to help me in some way. As I said I'll be sending a percentage of my income to your "backup treasury". It has also come to my attention that you didn't enjoy the feast as much as others. I do not want to force you to anything so if you so wish so you may leave. And now if you excuse me I'll go back to other guest.
Maxime joins the rest of the guest to share stories, and to make sure everything goes smoothly

((My proposition is to have an investigation 'light', with, halved chance to find something perhaps? In case of some minor evidence found, then the nobility can rethink the election, in case of major evidence a full investigation follow to see if it is the truth. But this proposal can wait for after the next years have passed. Might also be a bit much.))

((I'm just going to do a normal investigation. And it wasn't really an election since he was the only one who ran at the time. :p))

My King

The Noble Internment Act seems like a fine gesture towards those who served the kingdom honourly and well. I can only agree to such a proposement. As we're talking of serving already, if the Cortz should happen to get any free seats, I would like to propose myself as a member of it. I know I said I'm not the most known man in diplomacy among the aristocracy, but having a father who was diplomat himself does give you some insight, and I worked hard on improving my reputation around the court.

Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((I'll keep this in mind for the next election for the Cortz. With Luigi Castelozzi on the brink of death, I imagine it will be sooner rather than later.))

((I'm just going to do a normal investigation. And it wasn't really an election since he was the only one who ran at the time. :p))

((Seems like I haven't been clear :oops:. I mean for the future members of the Cortz, not for Dadarian's character. Causing a lot of confusion lately. :confused:))

((Seems like I haven't been clear :oops:. I mean for the future members of the Cortz, not for Dadarian's character. Causing a lot of confusion lately. :confused:))

((Well the investigation is for heresy, so unless people get into the habit of declaring everyone who tries to join the Cortz a heretic, we shouldn't have a problem.))

FlbmQEd.png

Dear Court of Aragon,
I am burdened with addressing the court in deep sorrow by announcing the death of my late father, Alfonso Gonzaga Este. The second D'Este to be murdered in living memory, my father was killed by a minor Neapolitan noble who resisted Aragon's influence in that kingdom while departing Aragon to Naples. Due to me being a member of the church, the Modenan branch of house Este is now extinct. I demand vengeance on the upstart nobles of Naples! More humbly I ask for the titles of archbishops of Cagliari and Sassari. The people of Sardinia have had no spiritual guidance for too long.

-Raffaelo De Modenesa, Bishop of Majorca

(( A official bio is forthcoming))

((@Keinwyn, How could I edit the words " Lumen de Lumine, Deum verum de Deo Vero" into both ecclesiastical Coats of Arms. Sorry.....Again))

Last edited:
EveHOB2.png

Dear Court of Aragon,
I am burdened with addressing the court in deep sorrow by announcing the death of my late father, Alfonso Gonzaga Este. The second D'Este to be murdered in living memory, my father was killed by a minor Neapolitan noble who resisted Aragon's influence in that kingdom while departing Aragon to Naples. Due to me being a member of the church, the Modenan branch of house Este is now extinct. I demand vengeance on the upstart nobles of Naples! More humbly I ask for the titles of archbishops of Cagliari and Sassari. The people of Sardinia have had no spiritual guidance for too long.

-Raffaelo De Modenesa, Bishop of Majorca

(( A official bio is forthcoming))

((@Keinwyn, How could I edit the words " Lumen de Lumine, Deum verum de Deo Vero" into both ecclesiastical Coats of Arms. Sorry.....Again))

((You have to choose between Cagliari or Sassari; you can't have both. I'll have to wait for your official bio before adding your new character though, since I can't add a character without a birth year.))

Character Creation
Name: Raffaelo of Tarragona
Date of birth:1482
Class: Clergy
(Faction) Progressive Clergy
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Raffaelo D'Este, born 1482, is a second generation Aragonese born Italian. Separated from his twin sister and forced into the clergy by his father at age 13, Raffaelo became acutely aware of his role in continuing to build his family's power in Aragon. Struggling in the beginning of his tutelage under the then Archbishop Sastre, Raffaelo now believes in the eternal and moving power of faith. However, realizing the role the church plays in politics, Raffaelo focuses on the role of the church in government and diplomacy. Always eager to please, it is his dream to become a Cardinal or even a Pope in Rome.

Since the the family has been far away from Este for generations, it's house will be changed Mòdena, the Catalan word for those from the Modena region.

Character Creation
Name: Raffaelo of Tarragona
Date of birth:1482
Class: Clergy
(Faction) Progressive Clergy
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Raffaelo D'Este, born 1482, is a second generation Aragonese born Italian. Separated from his twin sister and forced into the clergy by his father at age 13, Raffaelo became acutely aware of his role in continuing to build his family's power in Aragon. Struggling in the beginning of his tutelage under the then Archbishop Sastre, Raffaelo now believes in the eternal and moving power of faith. However, realizing the role the church plays in politics, Raffaelo focuses on the role of the church in government and diplomacy. Always eager to please, it is his dream to become a Cardinal or even a Pope in Rome.

Since the the family has been far away from Este for generations, it's house will be changed Mòdena, the Catalan word for those from the Modena region.
((You don't state the faction until Aragon is a republic. :p))

Reactions:
After much searching, the mansion was truly a maze for those who didn't have an all too good orientation, he found the former Bishop Saster, who he warmly greeted, congratulated on his new position of Archbishop and Cardinal, and he made him a present in form of a masterfully worked sword with valuable jewels in its grip.
"I don't say that you're in danger, not even closely. But every man needs a good weapon, and I made sure it was just made out of the best iron from our mines in Zaragoza. And those golden ornaments on the grip are made out of Gold from the newly conquered La Mancha. I hope it will serve you well, my Cardinal. It would be really angry if someone managed to kill you, I owe you much for educating my son and I'd have to make sure you were properly avenged."

Afterwards, Stefano sat to a table and got himself a conversation with Viceroy D'Este.

Manuel was mildly unnerved by the sudden talk of assassination, but nevertheless thanked the marshal for his gift, commenting on its beauty.
He left the feast feeling not a little paranoid.

((http://i.imgur.com/FlbmQEd.png and http://i.imgur.com/NMTb8q6.png))

((Probably instigating changes with their corrupt brothers or speaking out for the poor working conditions of Neapolitian immigrants))

((What, like the Progressive Party of Teddy Roosevelt? :p))

((Well I hope these progressive clergy don't go around waving their "big sticks" at followers. :p))

Reactions:
My Liege,

May I humbly request the position of Viceroy Naples, for I believe the Dissolution of the Neapolitan Estates is a tumultuous time and I know that for the remainder of the finalities of sorting this out that the region requires administration. Doing so will help to quell any unrest that might occur in the current disorder.

By having a Viceroy managing Naples, we can also ensure that any hardline nobles are brought to kerb and neutered before they can ever even think of becoming a nuisance or threat.

Signed,
Jaume Limmona, Count in Naples

My Liege,

May I humbly request the position of Viceroy Naples, for I believe the Dissolution of the Neapolitan Estates is a tumultuous time and I know that for the remainder of the finalities of sorting this out that the region requires administration. Doing so will help to quell any unrest that might occur in the current disorder.

By having a Viceroy managing Naples, we can also ensure that any hardline nobles are brought to kerb and neutered before they can ever even think of becoming a nuisance or threat.

Signed,
Jaume Limmona, Count in Naples
Xs93UHA.png

An excellent suggestion. I already know that you are well acquainted with my subjects in Naples and should be able to aid them through the transition. You may assume your duties as Viceroy of Naples immediately.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((I have a small request to all of you. As you are probably aware my character has created a trading company, but I cannot decide on the name. Because of that I would like to know your opinion on the matter. The choice is between "Franco-Iberian Trading Company" and "Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company" (Thanks @EmperorBasilius for the proposition). I will gladly hear your opinion on the matter. Please vote using this straw poll: http://strawpoll.me/5512771
Thank you!))

Alejandro was tense. He had never stood in front of so many nobles before. He had no idea what to say to these people and he looked like a vagrant even in his finest clothes compared to these great lords and ladies. He swapped some stories with the good admiral but every other courtier and noble looked at him with disdain. Instead of awkwardly mingling he ate by himself in the back of the courtyard.

But one day they would all come to him, begging to hear tales of his latest adventure to India. He could not wait for that day...

((Franco-Iberian. Trans Pyrenean is way too hard to read and say. I like to read this casually, not have to think ;) But seriously, Franco-Iberian sounds better.))

It was most surprising to Juan to see such a positive atmosphere at court, with many nobles and clergy alike supporting his proposal,
"just honouring a old friend that's all" he brushed it off as.

But truth be told he was merely here to his Alexandre, the two brothers having lacked much contact after the passing of Cardinal de Vascona. They both were well, but Alexandre noted his brother was somehow taller, taking up more of a presence than he last recall. Juan on the other found his brother shruken, perhaps the harrid affairs of running the county were taking its toll on him.

They bid each other well, and thus the Archbishop seeked out any new faces. There he found Alexander Sancho, and thus they began to talk...

(offering your new character @Andre Massena to get accustomed to court, feel free to use Juan to progress your conversation andre, all the best and hope this allows a discerning of Alexanders character ;) )

Reactions: