• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Xs93UHA.png

It is clear that I have butted heads with some of the nobility in the past. I wish to avoid this in the future. I believe it would be best to create some form of avenue for the nobles of the realm to present their issues and advise me on matters that are pertinent to them. Thus I have decided to create the Cortz d'Aragón, which should serve in this matter. I will leave it up to the nobles of the realm to decide who shall serve on it. I believe three members should do for now.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((I've been working on ducal titles and decided to go with an alternative. Granting traditional ducal titles would be too complex since I'd have to find a way to tie it to land and find a way to balance it. Instead I've gone with a more of an advisory body that represents the interests of the nobility. All members will become dukes and receive more voting power. Here are more details that I've added to the rules:

Cortz d'Aragón

The Cortz is a body or council consisting of nobles that represent the interests of the nobility. A specific number of nobles are selected by their fellows to serve on the Cortz, with the total number of members being chosen by the king and usually being roughly a quarter or fifth of the total number of counts. All members serve for life and receive the title of duke, although this position and title are not hereditary. The Cortz is purely an advisory body that advices the king on matters pertaining to the nobility. It does not have the power to pass laws or create plans like the Council does. It is more for roleplaying purposes, although the members of the Cortz receive extra voting power to represent their prestigious positions. Members of the Cortz are selected by as process of nomination and voting. When there is an opening on the Cortz, any noble may nominate themselves for the position. All nobles will then vote on the nominees and the one with the most votes will receive the position.

I will open nominations up to Sunday at 12pm PST to coincide with the minister's plans. Any noble may nominate themselves for the position. The nobles will then vote on who will serve on the Cortz if there are too many nominees once the nomination period is done.))

Reactions:
My King

It is good to see the Byzantines so strong again. Attacking our archrival now that we finally have a warchanging advantage over them seems like a great idea. Now to my plans about our military. I'd say stick with the current order for peace times, but increase maintenance at the Aragonese-Castilian borders and in northern Africa for the duration of the war. To the army composition, I'd say increase our artillery share until it is as high as our infantry and cavallery combined, as long as we can supply it, of course. Additionally, I'd request to have 6 units of cavallery at max per army, so they are never at risk of getting lacking support from our infanterists. That's everything from me so far.

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((A letter to Bishop Sastre))

Dear Bishop

I'd like to thank you again for having taken care of my son for the time being. But he is now old enough for the Royal Academy of Tarragona which was warmly recommended to me by Viceroy D'Este. If you have time, I would love to invite you to my holding in Zaragoza for a Dinner. I would be greatly honoured by the presence of a man of church, and I will seek to just get the finest of foods for it. On a side note, did any foreign clergy visit you? Last time I saw him, he said something about corruption in the Church... surely, it has nothing to do with you, for you are a honourable and respected man in the whole Kingdom.

Stefano von Thun

((A letter to Viceroy D'Este))

Dear Viceroy

My son Càrlo is now of age to enter the Royal Academy of Tarragona. As you promised, you would be willing to be his host while he studies there. Are you still willing to do so? If so, I will send him to you so he arrives in late September.

Stefano von Thun

o1WOW48.png

A CORRESPONDENCE to HIS MAJESTY, KING FERRAN II of ARAGON, NAVARRA, and NAPLES
~Anno Domini, 1495~
Your Majesty, I send this letter with a strong intention and spirit, that you may consider my personage to fulfill not one but two offices among the peers of the realm, that I be both a member of this newly created Cortz d'Aragón in my father's stead; and that similarly, I be allowed to serve as a diplomat, representing you, Your Majesty, in all roles beyond our borders. It is my personal opinion that my own experiences as a member of l'Ordre de Santiago would make me uniquely qualified, especially for any diplomatic post in our immediate border-regions. We must have a strong authority abroad, and I believe that I would be well suited for this opportunity.

Additionally, I would like to announce my support for a war with Castille. It has been long- since before I was ever conceived, yet it is not too late. My father made clear to me that we should enact vengeance upon the Castilians, and whilst I do not hate them, as they are our good Christian brothers, they are a cowardly and greedy people. There are some good men among them, but for the Pope himself to ally himself with such a people is truly disheartening. I believe that we have a duty to do the Lord's will, and that is, to purify those lands that are so oppressed by their Castillian tyrants.

Llorenç Alfons María de Agramunt,
Conde de Alicante, Cavaller de l'Ordre de Santiago

9skqvwl.png

To His Royal Majesty,
The House of Trastamara once again triumphs over the heathens. Christendom has been saved and the Turk shall never threaten Europe again. Millions of Christians owe you your thanks. You have proved yourself worthy of your brother and father's legacy as warriors of the faith and your dynasty shall be remembered as the most holy of royal families.

While I am happy the conflict was settled so satisfactory and with so little bloodshed, I do have two major concerns about your recent conduct, Your Majesty. Your decision to name young Ferran as your heir puts you at a conflict with the Church, which believes that first-born males have the right to inherit above anyone else. While we respect the divine rights of kings, we still believe that every monarch should submit to the basic principles of natural law, divine principles, and Church teachings. To pass over a first-born son would violate the tenets of natural law. Furthermore, such a decision would cause instability in the realm and give credence to the Bastard's claimants. Any subversion of primogeniture is a subversion of the divine right of kings to rule.

I am also gravely concerned about your proposal to declare war on Castile. Such a bold step would make you an enemy of the Holy See, as the Papal States are currently bound by treaty to defend Castile. By declaring war on Castile you would be declaring war on the Church and thus God Himself. If you take such a step, I would have no choice but to resign my position as court chaplain and never step foot in Aragon again. My love for your family is sincere and I have always prayed for your dynasty's success. Please do not force me to abandon the nation and line of kings that I serve. Finally, another war would cost Aragon much in blood and treasure. Thousands of young men would die, the treasury would be strained to its breaking point, and hundreds of fields would go untended. The kingdom needs peace, not war. We have been at war for decades and it is time to lay down our arms.

Respectfully,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Archbishop of Pirineo

((keep court chaplain plan the same))

Xs93UHA.png

I do understand your concerns. I assure you that I did not make the decision to name my son Ferran my heir lightly. I have good reason to do so, but I am afraid to reveal such reasoning at this time may tarnish my family's name. I believe it better for now that Ferran have the chance to inherit the throne without having to reveal the full extent of my decision. Perhaps when I am older and my end draws near, I may reveal why I made the decision.

I'm afraid I must disagree regarding Castile. They doomed us to another war the moment they fatally wounded my uncle. To let them get away with such a thing cannot be allowed, even decades later. We now have the chance to strike with minimal risk to Aragon. I would prefer that the Pope stay out of Iberian affairs and focus on affairs of faith, but if he is foolish enough to defend our perfidious neighbour, then we will have no choice but to respond in kind. I can assure you that if the Pope makes the mistake of siding with Castile, he will be treated most mercifully.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

My King

It is good to see the Byzantines so strong again. Attacking our archrival now that we finally have a warchanging advantage over them seems like a great idea. Now to my plans about our military. I'd say stick with the current order for peace times, but increase maintenance at the Aragonese-Castilian borders and in northern Africa for the duration of the war. To the army composition, I'd say increase our artillery share until it is as high as our infantry and cavallery combined, as long as we can supply it, of course. Additionally, I'd request to have 6 units of cavallery at max per army, so they are never at risk of getting lacking support from our infanterists. That's everything from me so far.

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Xs93UHA.png

I'm afraid I must speak out against this. The Treasurer has always spoken out against the high costs of the military, and with a regiment of artillery costing over three times the ducats of a regiment of infantry, we would bankrupt the treasury in no time. The reason I called for an infantry-heavy army when I briefly served as Marshal was to avoid such a thing. When we were at war with the Ottomans, we made roughly 1-2 ducats a month at full army maintenance. Replacing half the army with artillery would easily drop us into the red at any time we were fully funding our army. While artillery is indeed useful and perhaps in time we can use more of them, it is not economically feasible at this time.

o1WOW48.png

A CORRESPONDENCE to HIS MAJESTY, KING FERRAN II of ARAGON, NAVARRA, and NAPLES
~Anno Domini, 1495~
Your Majesty, I send this letter with a strong intention and spirit, that you may consider my personage to fulfill not one but two offices among the peers of the realm, that I be both a member of this newly created Cortz d'Aragón in my father's stead; and that similarly, I be allowed to serve as a diplomat, representing you, Your Majesty, in all roles beyond our borders. It is my personal opinion that my own experiences as a member of l'Ordre de Santiago would make me uniquely qualified, especially for any diplomatic post in our immediate border-regions. We must have a strong authority abroad, and I believe that I would be well suited for this opportunity.

Additionally, I would like to announce my support for a war with Castille. It has been long- since before I was ever conceived, yet it is not too late. My father made clear to me that we should enact vengeance upon the Castilians, and whilst I do not hate them, as they are our good Christian brothers, they are a cowardly and greedy people. There are some good men among them, but for the Pope himself to ally himself with such a people is truly disheartening. I believe that we have a duty to do the Lord's will, and that is, to purify those lands that are so oppressed by their Castillian tyrants.

Llorenç Alfons María de Agramunt,
Conde de Alicante, Cavaller de l'Ordre de Santiago

Xs93UHA.png

I will gladly accept you as a diplomat at court. I will also ensure that word spreads to the rest of the nobles of Aragon of your interest in serving on the Cortz d'Aragón.

Reactions:
(( Letter to Stefano Von Thun))
Your excellency,
It would be a honor to host the son of such a devout and diligent man. I have the letters of recommendation and application ready and await only your seal as parent. Therefore, I invite you to my small estate in Tarragona to oversee your son's settling in there and to observe the Academy. On a more personal note, I would be interested in the betrothal of my daughter Maria Anna to dear Carlo. Our families share many things including a foreign background. Let's continue this budding comraderie and bind it in blood.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy Di Napoli, Conte de Minorca, Duke of Modena, etc..

(( Private Letter to bishop Sastre))
Your excellency,
In the event of a betrothal between my dear daughter and Carlo Von Thun I would be humbled by your blessing of this arrangement. Your bishopric and personage would be given its due compensation for this request. I have in my possession some heirloom silver chalices which would be a precious gift. I know how much your opinion means to Stefano.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy Di Napoli, Conte de Minorca, Duke of Modena, etc.

Your Grace,
I support the Cortz and nominate myself and Stefano Von Thun to this honored and exalted position. I believe that we can advise your majesty in both the council and the Cortz with diligence and dedication.

Last edited:
Your Grace,
I support the Cortz and nominate myself and Stefano Von Thun to this honored and exalted position. I believe that we can advise your majesty in both the council and the Cortz with diligence and dedication.

Xs93UHA.png

I'm afraid that I must deny both your requests. The Cortz is for Aragonese nobles only, since it's whole purpose is to allow the nobles to express their concerns and suggestions to me. Having a courtier on the Cortz would serve no purpose. As for von Thun, he must nominate himself. It would be foolish to accept the nomination of another when I do not even know if they wish to be a part of the Cortz. If he indeed wants to, then he should nominate himself. While we are speaking, perhaps it would be a good time to suggest you form a plan for the viceroyalty. We seem to be lacking a plan from you from last time.

Reactions:
My plan shall remain the same as always.

~Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker
Grandmaster

Xs93UHA.png

It is time I present my plans for the Council. My plans as Chancellor are quite detailed.

Plain and simple, I call for a war with Castile. Almost their entire army is in Africa and their entire navy is sitting right outside Murcia. If we attack their navy right after war is declared, we have a good chance of destroying a large number of ships or at least forcing their navy to port, which would trap their army in Africa. If we ship our army in Africa to Iberia, we would have more men than Castile and Portugal have in the region. France has promised their aid, doubling our numbers. England's navy is still in tatters and they would be unlikely to provide any meaningful assistance. The Papal State is tricky. If they indeed honour their alliance, I trust that Naples and Byzantium can keep them occupied. Perhaps we could send our Greek army to Naples to ensure the peninsula remains secure. Anyway, what I wish to suggest are two possible plans:

1. We attack Castile as soon as our armies are in place and ready. We know most of the variables in place and it favours us to attack now. The army in North Africa should be moved to Almeria and the navy placed alongside the Castilian one to engage it immediately as war is declared. The Greek army shall be moved to Naples as well. Once in place, we strike. Our African provinces would have to be abandoned to fate, but success in Iberia is worth the sacrifice.

2. We wait a year or two for the perfect opportunity. It is reasonable to believe that the Castilians will remain in Africa for another year or two until they defeat Tlemcen. Let them waste manpower fighting the heathens. Time will favour us as our army recovers and theirs weakens. If we time it right, perhaps we can even catch their navy when it's trying to transport troops in the Mediterranean. Our claim in Murcia is also due to expire in late 1497, so if we wait we may be able to re-establish the claim and another one or two. Other than that, the strategy is the same. We trap the Castilians in Africa and focus on Iberia.

For our war goal, I suggest we at least aim for Murcia and Gibraltar. If we can manage to take Sevilla and Cadiz, we can cut them off from the coast in the south. La Mancha is rumoured to have gold, but we would be forced to take it without a claim. We shall see based on the outcome of the war. Seeing as this plan is much more complex than usual, I shall put it up for a vote at a later time.

As for the Grand Admiralty, my plan has barely changed. If we happen to have the funds, I suggest we build two more heavy ships. They will go a long way to competing with Castile's and Portugal's navies. They are a low priority though, since our navy is already so large and we have enough galleys to compensate. They shall only be built if the funds aren't need elsewhere or we have some new reason to sail beyond the Mediterranean ((aka take exploration ideas)).

Reactions:
Your Grace,
I nominate myself Jaume Limmona to the Cortz d'Aragon.

((I'll repeat this with RP when I get back from holiday, I'm traveling back today, but I'm getting in at 10/11 so can't do it then))

Last edited:
Castelozzi returned full of energy from the Turkish war. How they ran before his army, hiding behind their walls, while also avoiding conflict with their army, preoccupied with the Mamluks! The soothing sound of the cannons, reducing their miserable walls to nothing more than dust... And now, the chance to destroy Castile! All too good to be true. With the county in safe hands, he could and would fully support this effort.

Your Majesty,

It was a glorious victory against the Turk. But the glory of the Castillian war will surely outshine this! If we strike hard enough, they will never recover entirely, and Aragon will easily dominate Iberia, no, all Europe! Not attacking now would just be a waste of a perfect opportunity. And the pope - well, he may be on the wrong side in this war, but surely Your Majesty has already proven to be a good Christian.
As for another matter, I wish to forward my name to be included in the Cortz d'Aragon. With my experience of a long time at court and in the fields, and as one of the foremost defenders of the rights of the nobility, I am well suited for that position.

Your loyal subject,
General Luigi Castelozzi, Knight of the Royal Order of the Light and Count of Palermo

((A letter to Viceroy D'Este))

Dear Viceroy

I shall come together with my son to your estate in late September, since there's still plenty of stuff to do around here and I would not feel good if I let my county decay into dust. As to a marriage between both our families, I would be honoured to be part of your prestigeous family tree.

Stefano von Thun

((A letter to King Ferran II.))

My King

I never meant to stretch the treasury with my plans. What I wanted to say is that I suggest building our artillery up to the amounth I wrote you before if we can both support it financially and with food. I know very well that it's no cheap task, but if we were to accomplish it, we would lose even less men than we would if it were infantry that we hired. Please reconsider vetoing my proposition with those details. I'm sorry for not having spoken out what I meant to say in a clear light.

Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((By the way, I am not shown as an admiral in that weird spam section. Did you fix that yet?))

Your Grace,

I propose the following plan for Naples and Aragon:

Found the Academy of Naples
The Act of building a academy of Naples will give both prestige and legitimacy to your efforts in integrating your Italian possessions while also enriching Naples and her people. Creating high standard learning in Aragon can only be a good thing and is a wise investment in future generations. Also, it would attract people of great quality to your realm.
((Modifiers: Give Aragon the buffs of having a university to tech and the perks in the Neapolitan idea with the same name as the plan. AKA plus one prestige))

((Letter to Lord Marshal, Stefano von Thun))
My Lord,
I am glad to have been of service, It was a delight to witness the development of Cárlo's mind. I would be honoured to join you in Zaragosa, The Lord is truely good to have blessed us with so many fine delicacies.
As the bishop of our capital, I inevitably serve as the host for many clergy visiting the court of our sovereign, not just from Aragon, but from throughout the Christian world. Whilst such men often had views I did not share, or somewhat dubious habits, I hope the experience proved educational to Cárlo.
Manuel de Vivar y Sastre,
Bishop of Valencia

((Letter to Lord Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy of Naples))
Your excellency,
I would be delighted and honoured to officiate at the union of Cárlo and Anna Maria. I have become quite fond of the lad during his stay with me and wish him all the best in his future. Whilst the church does not require compensation for such events, donations from pious men are always welcome to assist us in our work.
Manuel de Vivar y Sastre,
Bishop of Valencia

At court

Your Majesty,
I have someone I would like to present to you. Manuel waves forward a large man, black as night. This is Tesfaye, he is from Ethiopia, the land of the queen of Sheba, and was part of a delegation from the Coptic Pope to Rome. Through various circumstances he is now my guest. I understand he is quite skilled at swordplay, and can take quite some punishment without yielding. I thought you might enjoy his company, Sire.
On more serious matters, whilst I have reservations about another war, I am glad of your plans to prioritise the gold mines in La Mancha, this will provide a great boon to the treasury. I hope we can also extract a good deal of war indemnities from the Castillans as well. I would aslo ask a boon of you, Sire. In the conquered territories there will be many monasteries abbeys and bishoprics held be individuals loyal to Castille. I would ask that you request of his holiness that I be given oversight of these individuals. In the event of your victory he will be unable to refuse you.
On the subject of your preference for your second son, I must advise you that this could bring great instability to Aragon. Without declared reason for taking such an action doubt will easily be cast upon the legitimacy of young Ferran's reign, maybe even plunging Aragon into civil war yet again. I think lunacy is perhaps the easiest and most versatile excuse in situations such as this. If Alfons were declared a lunatic, both church and the nobles would be forced to accept your decision has merit.

My Plan for the Treasury
My Ideas for peace time military spending remain unchanged.
((20% maint at peace, to be raised if there is threat of rebellion))
Excess ducats should be spent on Buildings.
The treasury should never fall below 100 after such a construction.

Last edited:
((Modifiers: Give Aragon the buffs of having a university to tech and the perks in the Neapolitan idea with the same name as the plan. AKA plus one prestige))

((Universities don't give a tech boost any more, but a local development cost reduction. I would also suggest that this needs a negative attached to it, so we don't just keep handing out large bonuses to ourselves :p -5 tax income maybe?))

Your Grace,
I nominate myself Jaume Limmona to the Cortz d'Aragon.

((I'll repeat this with RP when I get back from holiday, I'm traveling back today, but I'm getting in at 10/11 so can't do it then))

Castelozzi returned full of energy from the Turkish war. How they ran before his army, hiding behind their walls, while also avoiding conflict with their army, preoccupied with the Mamluks! The soothing sound of the cannons, reducing their miserable walls to nothing more than dust... And now, the chance to destroy Castile! All too good to be true. With the county in safe hands, he could and would fully support this effort.

Your Majesty,

It was a glorious victory against the Turk. But the glory of the Castillian war will surely outshine this! If we strike hard enough, they will never recover entirely, and Aragon will easily dominate Iberia, no, all Europe! Not attacking now would just be a waste of a perfect opportunity. And the pope - well, he may be on the wrong side in this war, but surely Your Majesty has already proven to be a good Christian.
As for another matter, I wish to forward my name to be included in the Cortz d'Aragon. With my experience of a long time at court and in the fields, and as one of the foremost defenders of the rights of the nobility, I am well suited for that position.

Your loyal subject,
General Luigi Castelozzi, Knight of the Royal Order of the Light and Count of Palermo

Xs93UHA.png

I will ensure that the rest of the nobility are informed of your intention to serve on the Cortz.

I object to the Chancellor plan with my entire soul. I apologize, Your Majesty, but I must follow my conscience and the Lord's guidance.

-Cardinal de Vascona

Xs93UHA.png

I had the full intention of having the entire court deliberate on the matter. War with Castile is a serious proposition and one I would not make hastily.

((A letter to King Ferran II.))

My King

I never meant to stretch the treasury with my plans. What I wanted to say is that I suggest building our artillery up to the amounth I wrote you before if we can both support it financially and with food. I know very well that it's no cheap task, but if we were to accomplish it, we would lose even less men than we would if it were infantry that we hired. Please reconsider vetoing my proposition with those details. I'm sorry for not having spoken out what I meant to say in a clear light.

Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Xs93UHA.png

Ah, I see now what you mean. I had believed you were referring to us forming regiments of artillery if we had available manpower, but had ignored the financial costs. I will keep in mind the costs of artillery as infantry regiments are replaced and stop once our profits reach the bare minimum. If our surplus decreases enough, we may have to stop short of replacing half the army with artillery.

((By the way, I am not shown as an admiral in that weird spam section. Did you fix that yet?))

((Yep, I added you back in. It would get quite tiresome having to ask if someone wanted to keep their character in every time they died in-game, so I'll just keep adding them back in unless otherwise stated.))

Your Grace,

I propose the following plan for Naples and Aragon:

Found the Academy of Naples
The Act of building a academy of Naples will give both prestige and legitimacy to your efforts in integrating your Italian possessions while also enriching Naples and her people. Creating high standard learning in Aragon can only be a good thing and is a wise investment in future generations. Also, it would attract people of great quality to your realm.

((I have to agree with Keinwyn on this one. It seems awfully gamey to just give ourselves bonuses whenever we pleased. Either they have to be balanced or be actual in-game events I can fire, like the Alhambra Decree.))

At court

Your Majesty,
I have someone I would like to present to you. Manuel waves forward a large man, black as night. This is Tesfaye, he is from Ethiopia, the land of the queen of Sheba, and was part of a delegation from the Coptic Pope to Rome. Through various circumstances he is now my guest. I understand he is quite skilled at swordplay, and can take quite some punishment without yielding. I thought you might enjoy his company, Sire.
On more serious matters, whilst I have reservations about another war, I am glad of your plans to prioritise the gold mines in La Mancha, this will provide a great boon to the treasury. I hope we can also extract a good deal of war indemnities from the Castillans as well. I would aslo ask a boon of you, Sire. In the conquered territories there will be many monasteries abbeys and bishoprics held be individuals loyal to Castille. I would ask that you request of his holiness that I be given oversight of these individuals. In the event of your victory he will be unable to refuse you.
On the subject of your preference for your second son, I must advise you that this could bring great instability to Aragon. Without declared reason for taking such an action doubt will easily be cast upon the legitimacy of young Ferran's reign, maybe even plunging Aragon into civil war yet again. I think lunacy is perhaps the easiest and most versatile excuse in situations such as this. If Alfons were declared a lunatic, both church and the nobles would be forced to accept your decision has merit.

My Plan for the Treasury
My Ideas for peace time military spending remain unchanged.
((20% maint at peace, to be raised if there is threat of rebellion))
Excess ducats should be spent on Military Camps, Prioritising the provinces of Zaragosa, Urgell, Pireneo, Alicante and Tarragona in that order.
The treasury should never fall below 100 after such a construction.

Xs93UHA.png

I'm afraid that the construction of new buildings and infrastructure falls under the purview of the Steward. You can suggest that the Steward include such construction projects in his plan though.

(( How about add some revolt risk as a equalizer to the academy. Its presence and the ideas coming into it would increase ideas of independence))

To His noble and honourable Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Your establishment of the Cortz d'Aragón is a great initiative to ensure the powers of nobility in Aragon. I will nominate myself to be a part of that body, and I hope that my decades-long service as a general, and being part of the Order of the Light will grant me the support of the other nobles.

Signed and Sealed
by
General d'Exèrcit Senyor Sebastián de Loarre
Comte de Barcelona, Baró de Loarre, ROL

c4bLHa4.png

(( How about add some revolt risk as a equalizer to the academy. Its presence and the ideas coming into it would increase ideas of independence))

((I'm hesitant to do that. Boosting tech cost and prestige is a big bonus, one that seems awfully gamey whatever way you look at it. As for raising revolt risk to balance it out, that then in turn influences the coup system which could cause problems. I'd prefer that all player-made events be minor in scope or have a one-time bonus or penalty, such as giving us ducats in exchange for a hit to prestige. Maybe instead we could have it so that the university gives us a one-time increase to prestige and maybe even some monarch points in exchange for a certain amount of ducats to construct it.))

To His noble and honourable Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Your establishment of the Cortz d'Aragón is a great initiative to ensure the powers of nobility in Aragon. I will nominate myself to be a part of that body, and I hope that my decades-long service as a general, and being part of the Order of the Light will grant me the support of the other nobles.

Signed and Sealed
by
General d'Exèrcit Senyor Sebastián de Loarre
Comte de Barcelona, Baró de Loarre, ROL

c4bLHa4.png

Xs93UHA.png

We shall gladly ensure the rest of the nobility know of your interest in the Cortz.