• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The sun was just touching the horizon when the Conte was alerted to the arrival of the carriage.

Alexandre and Jasminia had already arrived, with their children, twins from Alexandre's fair wife and a son and daughter, with promise of another on the way, from Jasminia. Already 4 grandchildren, no wonder he felt old these days. But he had to excuse himself, as he, with almost childish giddiness, with his wife, the Lady Agrathria de Porto y Soneta ((her family are influential in porto, portugal, hence the name)), to greet their most esteemed guest, the Cardinal de Vascona, and their youngest son, Juan.

It was truly joyous to see the family reunited, and the Cardinal and the Conte discussed states of politics, the matter of the clergy and Juans education as Juan was lead by his mother to meet his older brother and sister, and his nephews and niece, though looking st them together you'd think they were cousins. (( Jasminia and Alexandre are 36 and 34 according i think, with Juan being 16))

All too soon it seemed did the food roll out, grand in spectacle, but all food was grown or raised in Pirineo and humble, to best entertain the Cardinal, whos distain for lavishness were well known through out court and the kingdom. But soon the meal was over, and much pleasantries were shared, the Cardinal was gifted a new chair, as a symbolic gesture to show that he always had a seat at the Castle. Soon all retired, and it was just the Cardinal and the Conte together. The conte asked of Juans apitiude, and whether he should comsider the path of a priest, or should he follow a different answer. The Cardinal gave his answer ((you fill in what is said here andre)), and thus the 2 gentlemen bid each other good night, and all towards a bright future.

((If a player becomes a pope can you edit them into the game?))

((I'd be willing to change the Pope's name and age in the save file, since it's a simple thing to change. I won't touch stats, since that seems gamey. Of course I'd probably wait until whatever playthrough I'm doing finishes first before making the changes.))

((Silly Great Scotland.
Great Britain, Best Britain.))

((No, Great Scotland is best Britain! England can enjoy its exile in Brazil. :p I suppose with my tag swap AAR over with, I can change all the files back. RIP Great Scotland.

tgeKo07.jpg
))

Xs93UHA.png

I shall now present my plans as Chancellor and Grand Admiral. I shall start with the latter for it is relevant for the former.

Grand Admiral - With Venice becoming more of a threat to our interests in Greece, I believe it imperative that we increase the size of our navy to combat theirs. Our ability to sustain a large navy has recently improved ((Patch 1.13 boosted our naval force limit)), so I believe we can afford to build even more ships. At the moment, Venice alone has almost 40 galleys. I recommend we build 10 more galleys in the meantime, bringing our total to 30. This will bring us closer to matching their naval strength.

Chancellor - Speaking of Venice, it has become clear that they are a bigger threat to us than England. Now that England no longer holds their provinces in southern France, I see no need to consider them a rival. We surely have nothing to gain from antagonizing them other than to please the French. I thus suggest we stop calling them a rival and consider Venice a new rival instead. I do believe we are not quite ready for war with Venice yet. Our armies are similar in size, but our navy is not quite a match. However, there is one enemy we could easily defeat in the meantime. Once my plans to construct 10 galleys is complete, I suggest we declare war on the Ottomans. Their navy is smaller than ours, and will be even more so when we add more galleys. While their army is comparable to ours, once we block the straits they will be unable to harm us in any serious measure. Their only ally is Persia, some far-off Muslim power that cannot reach us. This is our chance to remove the Ottomans from the Balkans and strengthen the Greeks in the process. Surely that is worth a try? ((Byzantium has fabricated claims on almost every single Ottoman province they can reach. I want to give them all Ottoman provinces in the Balkans.))

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

Reactions:
Your Majesty,

While I am a bit concerned about the poor shape of our armies, I concur with your person that we should attempt to finally drive the Turk from the Balkans. Such a step would be a blow to heathenism and a great victory for the Christendom. Your name would live on with that of your father and brother as defenders of the Church.

-Cardinal de Vascona

((Is Byzantium a march?))

Your Majesty,

While I am a bit concerned about the poor shape of our armies, I concur with your person that we should attempt to finally drive the Turk from the Balkans. Such a step would be a blow to heathenism and a great victory for the Christendom. Your name would live on with that of your father and brother as defenders of the Church.

-Cardinal de Vascona

((Is Byzantium a march?))

((Nope, it's just an ordinary vassal, although don't tell them that. They're a proud people. :D I seem to remember a suggestion for it to become a march, but the Representative to Byzantium would have to make it part of their plan.))

My Lord Marshal, Count von Thun,

I am not a military man, but I am not convinced of the necessity of a fortress in Messina is it truly worth the cost? The treasury could certainaly make good use of the funds elsewhere if you saw fit to dismantle it.

- Bishop de Vivar y Sastre.

Treasurer's Plan

With so many demands on the royal treasury and with so few reserves I do not believe it is feasible to continue ad-hoc financial support for the inquisition. We must therefore direct our efforts most strenuously into getting the necessary bureaucracy established that it can run independently.
My opinions on maintenance remain the same as they always have.
((No longer retire advisors until a suitable one appears. Mil slider at 20% in peace, raise if imminent threat of rebellion))

The sun was just touching the horizon when the Conte was alerted to the arrival of the carriage.

Alexandre and Jasminia had already arrived, with their children, twins from Alexandre's fair wife and a son and daughter, with promise of another on the way, from Jasminia. Already 4 grandchildren, no wonder he felt old these days. But he had to excuse himself, as he, with almost childish giddiness, with his wife, the Lady Agrathria de Porto y Soneta ((her family are influential in porto, portugal, hence the name)), to greet their most esteemed guest, the Cardinal de Vascona, and their youngest son, Juan.

It was truly joyous to see the family reunited, and the Cardinal and the Conte discussed states of politics, the matter of the clergy and Juans education as Juan was lead by his mother to meet his older brother and sister, and his nephews and niece, though looking st them together you'd think they were cousins. (( Jasminia and Alexandre are 36 and 34 according i think, with Juan being 16))

All too soon it seemed did the food roll out, grand in spectacle, but all food was grown or raised in Pirineo and humble, to best entertain the Cardinal, whos distain for lavishness were well known through out court and the kingdom. But soon the meal was over, and much pleasantries were shared, the Cardinal was gifted a new chair, as a symbolic gesture to show that he always had a seat at the Castle. Soon all retired, and it was just the Cardinal and the Conte together. The conte asked of Juans apitiude, and whether he should comsider the path of a priest, or should he follow a different answer. The Cardinal gave his answer ((you fill in what is said here andre)), and thus the 2 gentlemen bid each other good night, and all towards a bright future.

"I believe Juan would make a fine priest," De Vascona said to the count as a servant wiped his face. The meal was a struggle for the old cardinal, but the Lord would see him through it. "He has the intellectual and moral fortitude to represent the Church in Aragon and lead a flock. God knows we need more priests here."

The count nodded his head tentatively. De Vascona was not sure if that was what he wanted to hear but he learned long ago not to give heed to the opinions of others. He would say what must be said and God would sort out the rest.

"However, Juan must be allowed to indulge in temptations of the flesh before he can wear the cloth," the cardinal continued as he raised his shaking hands. "I have seen the boy grow into a man before my very eyes. Thus, he must yield to the carnal pleasures that all men partake in. Then he will no for sure if he is ready to sacrifice these pleasures in order to become ordained. For what would be the purpose of purity and piety without sacrifice and temptation?"

My Lord Marshal, Count von Thun,

I am not a military man, but I am not convinced of the necessity of a fortress in Messina is it truly worth the cost? The treasury could certainaly make good use of the funds elsewhere if you saw fit to dismantle it.

- Bishop de Vivar y Sastre.

I'm actually surprised that a man of church believes a fort in such "close" proximity to Rome to be unnecessary. Do not forget, my Bishop, that our beloved King might desire to take part in the Italian politics soon, by war if necessary. At least that's what lots of men on our court desire, and our King listens to our proposals quite often. But I guess you're right about our budget being a bit... overextended. I'll ask what His Majesty thinks, if he too wants it to be gone, so be it.

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Your Grace,

I would like to introduce my twin children to the court. Both are age ten and named Raffaelo and Maria Anna D'Este. Their betrothals are also up for grabs. Your highness, I am pleased to see the authority of the Holy Roman Empire eroding in Italy; it had barely any influence there in the first place. I hop this ushers in a new era of Aragonese power in the North.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy of Naples

Your Majesty,
It has been apparent for some time that the Neapolitan estates have been less than willing in their financial obligations to your majesty. Their military support has also been patchy at best. Therefore I propose:

Act of Union
For the increased prosperity of both parties, the estates of Naples should be merged irrevocably with the Crown of Aragon

Whilst driving the Turk from the Balkans is a noble aim, I must also object to your majesty's plan for the chancery. The treasury is bare and our army lacks eligible recruits. Neither of these will recover during a war, no matter how easy. Combined with the planned increase in outgoings on the navy I do not think this is viable.
I would also question our greek friends ability to govern an increased amount of land. It is true they held this area many years ago however their ties to the current population are minimal. Combined with their religious differences this situation is likely to boil over into rebellion, putting yet further strain on our armies.

I'm actually surprised that a man of church believes a fort in such "close" proximity to Rome to be unnecessary. Do not forget, my Bishop, that our beloved King might desire to take part in the Italian politics soon, by war if necessary. At least that's what lots of men on our court desire, and our King listens to our proposals quite often. But I guess you're right about our budget being a bit... overextended. I'll ask what His Majesty thinks, if he too wants it to be gone, so be it.

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Xs93UHA.png

I personally see no reason to dismantle such a fort. Its costs are minimal and we would feel like fools if the island was invaded after dismantling it. Only once we are the foremost naval power in the Mediterranean and it is clear that no one can compete with us would I consider it safe to destroy our own fortification.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

Your Majesty,
It has been apparent for some time that the Neapolitan estates have been less than willing in their financial obligations to your majesty. Their military support has also been patchy at best. Therefore I propose:

Act of Union
For the increased prosperity of both parties, the estates of Naples should be merged irrevocably with the Crown of Aragon

Whilst driving the Turk from the Balkans is a noble aim, I must also object to your majesty's plan for the chancery. The treasury is bare and our army lacks eligible recruits. Neither of these will recover during a war, no matter how easy. Combined with the planned increase in outgoings on the navy I do not think this is viable.
I would also question our greek friends ability to govern an increased amount of land. It is true they held this area many years ago however their ties to the current population are minimal. Combined with their religious differences this situation is likely to boil over into rebellion, putting yet further strain on our armies.

Xs93UHA.png

It would be preferable that the Viceroy of Naples present such an act, but he seems to have forgotten his duties, so I shall accept this. I shall see if the rest of the court shares your opinion on my Chancellor's plan.

((We have a few things to vote on. As Andre has brought up, we can indeed change our national focus, so that will be included. For the Act of Union, we'll start integrating Naples as soon as possible. Other than that, here are the things to vote on:

Chancellor's Plan: Yes/No/Abstain
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: Yes/No/Abstain
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Act of Union: Yes/No/Abstain
National Focus: Admin/Diplo/Military/None/Abstain

You have until Wednesday at 9am PST to vote. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class.))

Reactions:
Your Grace,

This is my first time voting and as such. I hope my decisions are not erroneous and that my education in courtly matters under my father has paid off.

Chancellor's Plan: Yes
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: No
The Noble Diplomacy Act: No
Act of Union: Yes
National Focus: Diplo

Jaume Limmona ((Unlanded Noble))

((
As an OOC note, we want to encourage more diversity in roles and allowing nobles to be diplomats would only encourage everyone to be nobles which is not good fit character diversity.))

And Jaume's Bio:

Name : Jaume Limmona
Bio : Born to the then Viceroy of Naples, Renato Limmona, Jaume spent much of his childhood learning all about courtly matters and also the ways of War. He devoured books and even found a passable translation of "The Art of War" first introduced to Europe by Marco Polo. He once began a period of time in Florence until his mentor Niccolo was found to be to radical for Renato's liking. Now back in Aragon, he intends to aim high like his father.

Reactions:
Once Jean reached the heart of Constantinople, he began to feel euphoric and nostalgic at the same time. It had been so long since he last visited Constantinople, but it was good to be back to the grand city. The multiple tightly packed neighborhoods filled to the brim with beautiful brick-roofed homes reminded him of when he used to live in Constantinople during his adolescent years. The scents of the many vendors from different corners of the world was mesmerising, and he was so glad that he would be able to stay in the marvelous city during his time as Representative to Byzantium.

Then, Jean finally reached the main palace. It wasn't as special and grand as he remembered it to be in his youth, but he figured it was due to all the damage it has faced over the years and besides, it was still a very fine establishment. A Greek diplomat was near the palace waiting for him.

"Greetings, Mister Fidelle! I am Kazyrnios Patrichos, the court eunuch and official diplomat to Aragon," he said with a slight smile on his face. Jean proceded to follow him to the throne room, where the Emperor and his small council were waiting for him.

Jean proceded to kneel in respect of the Emperor. The Emperor rose him and invited him to the metting that he and the small council were having. Jean gladly accepted. This is going to be great, Jean thought.

Chancellor's Plan: Si- Though I possess some concerns regarding another war so soon after the last as well as the Greeks' ability to integrate new lands, I wish to drive the Turks out of Europe once and for all
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: No- The king should be allowed to manage Aragon's technological progress as he sees fit.
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Si
Act of Union: Si- Formally integrating the Kingdom of Naples into the realm would benefit both Aragonese and Neapolitans as both realms would be strengthened by a closer partnership.
National Focus: Admin- By focusing on administrative matters we will be able to repair the damage from years of war and hopefully breathe new life into the Inquisition so that we may complete the process of holy purification.

((hopefully an admin will allow us to more easily complete our religious ideas))

-Cardinal de Vascona

[Clergy; Cardinal]

Chancellor's Plan: Yes
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: No
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Yes
Act of Union: Yes
National Focus: Administrative

[Landed Noble]

Llorenç Alfons María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante, Cavaller de l'Ordre de Santiago