• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Name:
Llorenç Alfons María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante, Cavaller de l'Ordre de Santiago
nhbd7JV.png

Date of Birth:
June 9, 1458

Class:
Noble

Religion:
Catholic

Bio:
The second son of the Aragonese General de Agramunt, Llorenç was quite quickly confronted with high expectations and an ambitious nature, often declaring to his father that he would someday overtake his father. Despite this high level of ambition and the General's seeming favoritism toward his younger son, there was not much that Llorenç could do about his birthright. He was the second son and he could not rely on becoming the next Conde de Alicante as he route to success. Instead, he left Alicante at the age of seventeen to become a member of the Order of Santiago. It was with the Order that he became a trusted adviser to certain aspects of the Castilian nobility. This, however, would catch the attention of the King of Castille, who would encourage the Order of Santiago to send the Aragonese knight to Portuguese Morocco, where he had assassins waiting.

De Agramunt was therefore ordered to travel with a small band to protect Christian merchants across the Strait of Gibraltar. However, in an act of apparent foresight, he requested that his ship's captain travel not for the Portuguese territory, but rather for Melilla. It was there that he and his fellow knights opened a small monastery-hospital in the mercantile district of Melilla, often rushing to the defense of Aragonese merchants who were being assailed by Moroccan criminals.

While he was in Melilla, however, he received the startling news of his father's death. The knight, however, placed his obligations to God and the Order before returning to see his father's corpse (it was widely claimed that Llorenç said that "A great man- the man I chase... He will not.... He must not ever die.") His elder brother- Augustín Virgilio Pastor de Agramunt, who was known for having a sickly disposition- took over the family's estates. It was during this time that very few letters were exchanged between the two brothers, who themselves were never particularly close. Llorenç was not even invited to attend his brother's wedding, reflecting the strained nature of the brothers' relationship.

This strained relationship was not shared with his two sisters, Marta and Candelas, who were ten and fifteen years his juniors, respectively. Despite hardly knowing their brother, the two were often kept in good health by kind and charitable gifts from their brother. They would be the first ones he would visit after hearing the news of his brother's passing to slow fever. With his return to Aragon, he was formally instated as the Count of Alicante, ready to make a name for himself and bring glory to his entire family.

o1WOW48.png

Reactions:
My liege, I apologize for the absence of my father and I over the last few years. We had been attending to family business in Syracuse which was rather time-consuming. I regret to inform you that my father has died and has gone to the Lord after a brief period of illness. In his last days he regretted his actions that led to being fired from the council and urged me not to make the same mistakes as he did.

Name: Antonio de Leon, Lord of Syracuse
Year of birth: 1453
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Antonio was the son of the former marshal Carlos de Leon and his wife, a Greek convert to Catholicism. He has one sister, Maria. Both have been married happily to their spouses for some time now.
Antonio is proficient in fencing as well as archery and the use of the arquebus. Unlike his somewhat reactionary father, he realized the potential of gunpowder weapons in battle against the Turks.
While not practicing his battle skills, he like his father enjoys reading the Bible and the Greek and Roman classics. Of course, in order to read them he is also proficient in Latin, Greek, Catalan, Spanish, French, and German.
Antonio is determined to fulfill the legacy given to him by his father and to make up for his father's mistakes at court by serving his liege and faith loyally and effectively.

((So I have wifi currently and will try to keep up with this iAAR, but I definitely won't be as active.))

Reactions:
26496-004-886A0E23.jpg

Duque Bartolo L. S. Etxeto, c. 1506

Name: Duque Bartolo Llorente Sancho Etxeto de Navarra
Date of Birth: 07 March 1451 - 1513 (62)
Class: Landed Noble (Navarre)
Religion: Catholic

- - - - - - - - - - -

Etxeto-arms.gif

Coat of Arms of the Etxeto
It is my sad duty to announce that my father, the late Duke of Navarre, has past into the hands of the Lord. Aged three score and four years, he will be missed. However as his son and heir, I, Bartolo Llorente Sancho Etxeto, take his place as Duke of Navarre and all the other titles and responsibilities of said title.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Well, yay. We can finally attack North Italy. ))

To His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks:
As Grandmaster, my plan will still remain the same thing. It is unfortunate to hear about the attacks on our generals recently ((or the game is just being a d*ck to us :mad: )), and in light of the deaths--peace be upon them--I think their heirs will run their realms as diligently as their fathers did. And while I am on the topic of heirs, my wife has recently borne a second son, and my first son and heir, Ferdinand, is 10 now and I would like to show him around the court, if possible.

With regards,
Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker
Grandmaster, admiral, merchant

((Well, yay. We can finally attack North Italy. ))

To His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks:
As Grandmaster, my plan will still remain the same thing. It is unfortunate to hear about the attacks on our generals recently ((or the game is just being a d*ck to us :mad: )), and in light of the deaths--peace be upon them--I think their heirs will run their realms as diligently as their fathers did. And while I am on the topic of heirs, my wife has recently borne a second son, and my first son and heir, Ferdinand, is 10 now and I would like to show him around the court, if possible.

With regards,
Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker
Grandmaster, admiral, merchant

((None of them died; they were only injured. Dying in-game does not equal dying in the iAAR.))

((None of them died; they were only injured. Dying in-game does not equal dying in the iAAR.))
((I meant those deaths before my post. :/ (i.e. Dadarian, zenphoenix...) not the generals.))

"Help me up boy," Cardinal de Vascona commanded Juan de Sonata from his bed.

Fernando's hair was falling out. His teeth were decaying. His bones were aching and his eyesight was deteriorating. He could not stand up without help from Juan, who had begun to grow into a man right before his very eyes. The Holy Spirit was still strong in him but he knew he did not have much time left on this earth.

And so he traveled to Aragon for perhaps the last time. He said one last mass at his bishopric in Pirineo in front of a massive audience. It seemed like the entire province had come to pay their respects to the legendary cardinal and receive a blessing. Fernando stayed and gave individual blessings to the people of Pirineo for hours, but he did not mind. He also donated hundreds of ducats from the bishopric's treasury to the poor and certain families in the province.

After that, he traveled to the de Vascona barony near Barcelona to visit his family. Sadly, his two brothers had died years ago. His eldest brother's son, Adria, was now baron of Vascona. He spent two nights in the old barony and fondly recalled memories from his youth. If only his father could see him now!

He then rode to the court at Valencia to meet with the king and Father Sellami discuss plans. Sadly, not much had gone according to plan in the last few years. The progress of the Inquisition had completely halted as he had foreseen a few years ago. Heathens and heretics still lurked in Aragon, corrupting the essence of the kingdom. And the cardinal was no further along with his plans for reform of the Church than when he was a young man. His influence in the Vatican was lower than ever and rumors continued to grow concerning plans for the construction of a gigantic, decadent basilica in Rome.

Perhaps it would be best if the Lord took him soon so he could meet again with his father, brothers, and the former Bishop Sastre in heaven.

((Keep court chaplain plans the same))

((First of all, I'd like to see our whole army composition so I can decide how it should look like))

My King

Regarding our forts, I demand that every fort be mothballed unless there is a revolt risk in its zone of controll, and even if there is one, it should still be mothballed unless the rebellion is about to happen ((Or in in-game language, don't de-mothball unless the rebellion percentage raises over 70%)). About my plans for our army, I first want to investigate our army by myself so I can better decide on that matter. I'd also like to propose two laws, which should both help our glorious nation grow stronger.

The Reworked Power Concentration Act
If our men of science are about to invent a new technology to our country and we do not immediately require it, the founds we give to them are to be given to other, more pressing matters.
((In in-game language, if we have the "ahead of time" modifier on our techs, our monarch points are to be spent elsewhere, for example to develop provinces or raise stability. Unless we immediately require that tech, for example military tech in times of war against countries that are in our tech group.))

This law was originally introduced by my father, Diplomat Joseph von Thun, but it was vetoed away by the King because it was formulated too strictly. I hope that I could rework it in a way that it can be accepted now. I also renamed it to better reflect what it does to our country. Now off to the second law.

The Noble Diplomacy Act
With our ever increasing noble party at court and their good education, the position of diplomat can be handed out to nobles now aswell.

As of now, only courtiers can become diplomats. But in most other European countries, nobles can hold such positions aswell. And to top that, most of them are more educated than normal courtiers. Thus, I think that we should adopt to the other Kingdoms and hand out this position to nobles too.

Your loyal subject
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((I'd also like to start an OOC vote regarding England. As I see this, the HYW Ends event should have triggered by now. Did England cede its cores on the French mainland? If yes, I'd like to request it's flag be changed to the classig English red cross on white ground, to represent they have no future interest on the French provinces, as they historically did.))

((I'd also like to start an OOC vote regarding England. As I see this, the HYW Ends event should have triggered by now. Did England cede its cores on the French mainland? If yes, I'd like to request it's flag be changed to the classig English red cross on white ground, to represent they have no future interest on the French provinces, as they historically did.))

((You do realise that the English Royal Coat of Arms didn't remove the French part until the French revolution and that the Kings of England(and eventually Scotland) never stopped claiming to be the true Kings of France until France ceased to be a kingdom? A move to change the flag would be ridiculous as the English monarchs remained involved with the continent more than the Isles until James I/VI at which point they gave up on pressing their claim on the French throne due to the Stuarts having no links to the Plantagenets from whom York/Lancaster/Tudor derived.

It was only during the reign of George III that the claim on France and its place in the CoA was dropped de jure as well as de facto. ))

(( On an unrelated note, I shall be posting my new character when I get back from holiday, In Southern Italy of all places!))

Reactions:
(@Andre Massena)
To your emience Cardinial de Vascona,

It was a truly moving moment to see your powerful mass in Pirineo, i am most humbled and honoured to have the privilage to share a county with such a great man as yourself.

I only ask after my son, who must be 16 now, if you feel you have taught him what you can, it would be a blessing to see him again, as his brother and sister have arrived, with their respective spouses, for a special private family feast. However I offer you to come join us at our table, as my children and wife would be truly grateful and euphoric to see you.
((if you could, just a run down of what you've taught Juan would be great also, so i dont repeat as he goes to university, if that what your education path allows))

I wish you well, and may the doors of Castello de Pirineo be forever open, should you ever wish to return.
Yours most humbly, Matthias de Soneta, First Count of Pirineo, Steward of the realm.

To your esteemed majesty Ferran the Second of House Trastámara, King over Aragon and Naples, Protector of the Bastellea Rhominion etc.

I first thank thee for trusting in me such a position. But to business.
Due to the stablity of the realm, i see no major actions to be taken, i welcome the court to offer suggestions, for Pirineo is but one, small, sector of the realm. I would just suggest to curb any uprisings, and to uphold the good graces of our subjects.

Yours humbly,
The Conte de Soneta, Steward of the Realm.

((You do realise that the English Royal Coat of Arms didn't remove the French part until the French revolution and that the Kings of England(and eventually Scotland) never stopped claiming to be the true Kings of France until France ceased to be a kingdom? A move to change the flag would be ridiculous as the English monarchs remained involved with the continent more than the Isles until James I/VI at which point they gave up on pressing their claim on the French throne due to the Stuarts having no links to the Plantagenets from whom York/Lancaster/Tudor derived.

It was only during the reign of George III that the claim on France and its place in the CoA was dropped de jure as well as de facto. ))

((So they "took" the other option in the "event". I even explicitely stated that I'd request this vote if they ceded the cores on the French mainland. Sorry for confusing you. :rolleyes:))

(( i think we all were lead astray by the quite formal and literal tone you took when addressing the matter, as though it were historical fact, rather than a idealistic notion/idea for vote (evenif you have stated it as such ;))))

((So they "took" the other option in the "event". I even explicitely stated that I'd request this vote if they ceded the cores on the French mainland. Sorry for confusing you. :rolleyes:))

((In EUIV terms, they gave up claims to ruling French land directly as English land such as Aquitaine and Normandy, but did not renounce they claim on the throne of France itself. Think of it as retaining a weak claim to the kingdom as a whole but never trying to press this kingdom-level cb.

Regardless, do England even get this event anymore since the revamp of the French region and the removal of both England's "union" cb and truce at start brought many changes to this part of the early game. So the event may not even fire anymore.

Regardless, why would we change another countries flag when it had no impact on Aragon or this iAAR?))

(@Andre Massena)
To your emience Cardinial de Vascona,

It was a truly moving moment to see your powerful mass in Pirineo, i am most humbled and honoured to have the privilage to share a county with such a great man as yourself.

I only ask after my son, who must be 16 now, if you feel you have taught him what you can, it would be a blessing to see him again, as his brother and sister have arrived, with their respective spouses, for a special private family feast. However I offer you to come join us at our table, as my children and wife would be truly grateful and euphoric to see you.
((if you could, just a run down of what you've taught Juan would be great also, so i dont repeat as he goes to university, if that what your education path allows))

I wish you well, and may the doors of Castello de Pirineo be forever open, should you ever wish to return.
Yours most humbly, Matthias de Soneta, First Count of Pirineo, Steward of the realm.

To Conte de Soneta,

Thank you for offering me a spot at your table. I will gladly attend your family feast and I shall of course bring young Juan.

Juan has truly blossomed into a man before my very eyes. He is a diligent student and courteous young man. Juan has been well-versed in philosophy, rhetoric, and Church doctrine. He has closely studied the Church fathers such as Saint Augustine, Saint Aquinas, and Boethius. I am proud to call him a student and I am sure you are prouder to call him a son.

May God bless you and your family.

With all blessings,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

((As Keinwyn has stated, our army composition is 18/6/6. In more specifics, the two armies in Granada and Athens are 3/1/1 and the two armies in Valencia and Fez are 6/2/2. We are currently at our force limit. As for England, they still hold Calais, so they're not entirely off the continent. I personally don't want to go around messing with other country's flag and other things, although I might have to go edit a few files if England attempts to form Great Britain because we may be in for a bit of a surprise if the latest patch didn't alter my files too much. :D))

((As Keinwyn has stated, our army composition is 18/6/6. In more specifics, the two armies in Granada and Athens are 3/1/1 and the two armies in Valencia and Fez are 6/2/2. We are currently at our force limit. As for England, they still hold Calais, so they're not entirely off the continent. I personally don't want to go around messing with other country's flag and other things, although I might have to go edit a few files if England attempts to form Great Britain because we may be in for a bit of a surprise if the latest patch didn't alter my files too much. :D))

((Silly Great Scotland.
Great Britain, Best Britain.))