• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bishop Sastre

I never meant to insult anyone. It's just that gold can corrupt even the brightest minds when it comes in the right amounth. The people in the Papal States have shown me this on my many journeys to their lands. Or, as a wise man I once met said: "Every man has his price. Sometimes, it's just a big one". On a side note, my son Càrlo is 9 years old now and I would like him to get education from wise people. Unfortunately, the teachers in our school in Zaragoza aren't the brightest minds but replacements aren't exactly easy to find. Would you be willing to take care of him until I can send him to university? I'm sure a man of church like you knows exactly what children need to get learning.

Greetings
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((Thanks Michaelangelo :D))

Bishop Sastre

I never meant to insult anyone. It's just that gold can corrupt even the brightest minds when it comes in the right amounth. The people in the Papal States have shown me this on my many journeys to their lands. Or, as a wise man I once met said: "Every man has his price. Sometimes, it's just a big one". On a side note, my son Càrlo is 9 years old now and I would like him to get education from wise people. Unfortunately, the teachers in our school in Zaragoza aren't the brightest minds but replacements aren't exactly easy to find. Would you be willing to take care of him until I can send him to university? I'm sure a man of church like you knows exactly what children need to get learning.

Greetings
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

My Lord Marshal, many congratulations on your appointment. With their potentially vengeful sovereign lord watching their actions it would have to be an astronomical sum. Beyond imagination perhaps. However it seems we must simply agree to disagree on the usefulness of this innovation.
I would happily oversee your boy's education. No doubt he would learn much just from observing the machinations of court, but I can also instruct him in the classics and other such subjects.

((Are you really sure you want him educated by Manuel? If so how will the boy react to the casual corruption and such?))

Last edited:
Bishop Sastre

Greetings
Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Count Von Thun,
May I recommend the royal academy of Tarragona where I was educated. It provided a deep study of all major topics such as geography, finance, politic, and many more subJects while also providing basic military training if desired. Attached to the academy is the Chapel seminary which offers education of more holy subjects. I would be honored to present letters of recommendation and to host Carlo at the Palazzo D'Este in Tarragona.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy of Naples, Baron of Castello di San Giorgio, Conte de Menorca.

I do not support the practice of simony, liar. I have always condemned such corruption.

-Cardinal de Vascona
((Private))
Dear Cardinal de Vascona,

I level these charges at you as you obviously have been turning the other cheek when it comes to the shameless corruption and simony of Bishop Sastre. You are the face of the church in Aragon, the father of all our clerics, a fountain of wisdom in ecclesiastical matters and you let the church's reputation get tarnished in your own home kingdom. The flustering, blustering, rants that the bishop Sastre has been sprouting are signs of concealing his guilt. Bring him to be judged by his majesty, the holy father, the consistory, or any other body and root out one parasite from Holy mother church. Let the Decadent elements in the Vatican tremble.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy of Naples

Last edited:
((Private))
Dear Cardinal de Vascona,

I level these charges at you as you obviously have been turning the other cheek when it comes to the shameless corruption and simony of Bishop Sastre. You are the face of the church in Aragon, the father of all our clerics, a fountain of wisdom in ecclesiastical matters and you let the church's reputation get tarnished in your own home kingdom. The flustering, blustering, rants that the bishop Sastre has been sprouting are signs of concealing his guilt. Bring him to be judged by his majesty, the holy father, the consistory, or any other body and root out one parasite from Holy mother church. Let the Decadent elements in the Vatican tremble.
-Alfonso D'Este, Viceroy of Naples

((Private))

To Alfonso D'Este,

I know nothing of any charges of corruption against His Eminence, Bishop Sastre. Do you possess any proof of such misdeeds? Until I see such evidence I will consider the bishop to be an outstanding Christian and clergyman.

Sincerely,

Cardinal de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

"What person is the 'The Theologian' referring to in Summa Theologica?" De Vascona asked Juan. They had been working for hours in a very tiring session.

"Saint Augustine," Juan confidently replied.

"What about 'The Master'?"

"Peter Lombard."

"Good, good. One last question- what is the natural law?"

"Law that comes from the eternal law of Divine Reason that governs the universe and understood by rational beings."

"Marvelous, my boy."

The cardinal sat next to his pupil.

"You are strong in the ways of the Church. But you have much to learn," Fernando said. "I can feel the Holy Spirit within you. Embrace its power. It gives you focus, it makes you stronger."

Reactions:
Adriano Juan Cardinal de Valencia, having returned to Aragon after Cardinal de Vascona proposed various... far-reaching acts to the Royal Diet of Aragon, was asked to inform the Diet of the opinion of the more sober Cardinal of Aragon and indeed the Conclave.

Your Majesty, Your Eminence, My Lords and Ladies of Aragon,

With piety and soberness, I have served the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit since my earliest memories, spreading the Word to young and old, peasant and noble, female and male, yet none truly understood it, for none, when they were honoured with the ability to see the Holy Bible, could understand the meaning behind the teachings, for none spoke Latin. That is why we, Pastors, Bishops, Cardinals and His Holiness, spread the Word to all who wish to listen, for we, servents of the deputy of first Pope and disciple of the Lord, must continue the Most Holy and Pious task given to the disciples by the Lord. However, we have long lost piety and soberness in which a man of God should labour, for many men of God have been overcome with greed, arrogance and pride, creating teaching like that of Purgetory, of which one shan't find any sentence or word in the Holy Bible, rather than following the Word of God, selling Forgiveness, a resource that isn't ours to give, since we are merely deputies of the disciples, not spokesmen of the Lord, to even the most wicked men, rather than encouraging those rich enough to buy "forgiveness" for their many sins to help their neighbours. However, the selling of Forgiveness is but a means to complete a project wicked through hubris, the new Saint Peter's Basilica. This project, which can be described as the Second Tower of Babel, due to the hubristic act of tearing down the true Saint Peter's Basilica, build on the Rock of the Lord's Church, is the greatest evidence that the men of God have been lead astray by greed, arrogance and pride and that this Church must reform.

How can it be solved, you may ask, it is simple, Your Majesty, Your Eminence, My Lords and Ladies of Aragon, the men to which we have preached for centuries should be able to read the Holy Bible, to hold to account the greed, arrogance and pride of the men of God and to help man in his quest, given to him by the Lord in the earliest days of this world, to find the Lord, in which, we the Pastors, the shepherds, should stand by our flock, rather than forcing them forward, for we cannot truly find the Lord for others, most certainly when our greed, arrogance and pride have blinded us.

Adriano Juan Cardinal de Valencia

The Alhambra Decree: No
Extraordinary Court: Yes
De Heretico Comburendo Act: No
Advancement of Religion Act: No

[Cardinal]

((I am assuming that the Saint Peter's Basilica's contruction started earlier than the real time, since it, and the Indulgences, which were used to pay for the construction, where a large drive for the Reformation, furthermore, if the text seem a bit discontected, it probably is, I am quoting a few things three quarters of you shouldn't and probably don't know))

((Private))

De Vascona bangs his head on his desk in Rome after hearing of de Valencia's betrayal.

Despicable! And this man calls himself a cardinal...what fiend have I been working with for the past few years?

((I think it's way too early to assume Saint Peter's is being built but I am assuming they are beginning to plan it and collect money for it as I alluded to in an earlier post.))

Xs93UHA.png

It would seem that even the Church is divided over such religious issues. Out off all three of the religious acts, only the De Heretico Comburendo Act seems to have the majority support of the court. I personally am not concerned with what language the bible must be written in, but if most people believe it should remain in Latin then who am I to dispute that. Thus the De Heretico Comburendo Act passes. The Advancement of Religion Act was not as favoured, most likely because it restricted people from reading the holy bible. Also, with the bible now required to be only in Latin, I doubt most peasants or servants will even be able to read it, so there is no point in passing this law. As for the Alhambra Decree, I fear that it may do more harm than good, and most of you agree. The Jewish community has contributed greatly to our kingdom. Perhaps instead of expelling them, the Church in Aragon should focus on conversion efforts. For now, they shall remain in Aragon and contribute to the kingdom's prosperity. As for the Extraordinary Courts, they shall be established immediately. Perhaps now would be a good time to elaborate on them. They shall only deal with major crimes, such as murder or treason, or ones that affect multiple counties. All local issues shall still be decided by counts and the local judicial system. As stated, this court serves at my discretion and consists of the Council. They shall reside over all court cases in my stead, but I may intervene and overrule them at any time. I hope that clears things up for everyone.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((The Alhambra Decree: Failed (10/25/5)
Extraordinary Court: Passed (27/11/2)
De Heretico Comburendo Act: Passed (25/13/2)
Advancement of Religion Act: Failed (15/20/5)

Since the Alhambra Decree failed, we get a free +10 prestige as part of the event. :)))

((Are you really sure you want him educated by Manuel? If so how will the boy react to the casual corruption and such?))

((It's gotta be a man of church, and since you're the friendliest towards Stefano, it should be obvious that I'm sure :p))

Count Von Thun,
May I recommend the royal academy of Tarragona where I was educated. It provided a deep study of all major topics such as geography, finance, politic, and many more subJects while also providing basic military training if desired. Attached to the academy is the Chapel seminary which offers education of more holy subjects. I would be honored to present letters of recommendation and to host Carlo at the Palazzo D'Este in Tarragona.

Dear Viceroy

Thanks for showing so much attention towards my son's education. I shall consider sending him to the Royal Academy as soon as he's old enough to go there.
It's good to know that it's not just rudeness ruling at the court. You shall always be welcome at our table should you ever consider coming to Zaragoza.

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

Your Grace Ferran II de Trastámara,
I see that you have an empty spot on your council, more specifically the position of Representative to Byzantium. I would like to take over this role, as I know a decent amount of Greek and have visited Constantinople multiple times during my youth, so I know the ins and outs of the city.

- Jean Charles de Fidelle

Your Grace Ferran II de Trastámara,
I see that you have an empty spot on your council, more specifically the position of Representative to Byzantium. I would like to take over this role, as I know a decent amount of Greek and have visited Constantinople multiple times during my youth, so I know the ins and outs of the city.

- Jean Charles de Fidelle

Xs93UHA.png

Very well, you may serve as the Representative to Byzantium. Ensure that cooperation continues between our two people, for I truly wish for their empire to flourish under our protection.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

I fear that the defeat of the Alhambra Decree and the Advancement of Religion Act will spell the doom of the Inquisition and a holy Aragon. The Church, guided by the Holy Ghost, can continue to improve Aragon but the dream of the Inquisition cannot be completed without expelling the heretics and heathens from the realm. Furthermore, we may not be able to complete the mending of the Great Schism as the Orthodox holdouts will be encouraged by the dissension within Aragonian Catholicism.

-Cardinal de Vascona

'Looks like defeat for the zealots' Luigi mumbled to himself. 'Maybe the eyes of the others are finally opening...' He was indisposed at court, and would be for some more time, most probably not back before his death, but his duties in Greece were more important. His naive romantic of a son would need to be dragged to court, what he wouldn't be able to achieve... But at least the decisions of the court were not too bad. Before he left again, perhaps for the last time, he had a proposal to make to the new Representative to Byzantium. He kept it short.

-to Jean Charles de Fidelle-

I have heard that you have been appointed as new Representative to Byzantium. An important task, certainly. As I am present in Greece, I have experienced a rebellious situation in the last years, since we helped them grow strong. They still resent the position as vassal in all but name of Aragon. And at the same time, it is this protection that keeps them safe from rebels. It can't go on that way forever. I propose to alleviate the dues they have to pay, and instead encourage them to form a bigger army. Against our enemies more Greeks to support us will be useful, and this autonomy shall quench the spirit of revolt. ((Make Byzantium a march)). Of course, the treasury would need to approve that plan. I tire of Greek peasants as opponents.
Respectfully,
General Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

((Yes, retire him next time. Won't be able to do much for some more time.))

((Sorry it's been so long since I've been able to participate. I really have not been able to make it to the computer. I would have hoped that I would be able to continue but I simply cannot at the moment. I'll have to resign from the AAR and watch from the side. Sorry once again!))

'Looks like defeat for the zealots' Luigi mumbled to himself. 'Maybe the eyes of the others are finally opening...' He was indisposed at court, and would be for some more time, most probably not back before his death, but his duties in Greece were more important. His naive romantic of a son would need to be dragged to court, what he wouldn't be able to achieve... But at least the decisions of the court were not too bad. Before he left again, perhaps for the last time, he had a proposal to make to the new Representative to Byzantium. He kept it short.

I have heard that you have been appointed as new Representative to Byzantium. An important task, certainly. As I am present in Greece, I have experienced a rebellious situation in the last years, since we helped them grow strong. They still resent the position as vassal in all but name of Aragon. And at the same time, it is this protection that keeps them safe from rebels. It can't go on that way forever. I propose to alleviate the dues they have to pay, and instead encourage them to form a bigger army. Against our enemies more Greeks to support us will be useful, and this autonomy shall quench the spirit of revolt. ((Make Byzantium a march)). Of course, the treasury would need to approve that plan. I tire of Greek peasants as opponents.
Respectfully,

((Yes, retire him next time. Won't be able to do much for some more time.))

((So retire him after the next update as a general?))

((Sorry it's been so long since I've been able to participate. I really have not been able to make it to the computer. I would have hoped that I would be able to continue but I simply cannot at the moment. I'll have to resign from the AAR and watch from the side. Sorry once again!))

((I'm sorry to hear that. It was fun having you along for a time though. :)))

to Cardinal de Vascona at court

Your eminence, do not lose too much heart at this setback; our work to further entwine the church and state must continue. With God's grace the light of Christ shall prevail.

Leaving court, Manuel muttered. "Poor man, with a little moral flexibility he'd have ascended the throne of St. Peter by now."
Càrlo von Thun, who had become Manuel's near permanent shadow at court, heard. "My Lord Bishop?"
"If there is a sin that righteousness cannot erase, should you fall into sin to erase it?"
Càrlo considered for a few minutes. "Either way sin remains, so its better not to sin, yes?"
"Perhaps, but as priests we have a duty to protect the souls of our flock, and a man who seeks to be Pope would have the biggest flock of all. A leader must be prepared to make sacrifices. He must also set an example."
"So... you are saying the cardinal should sin?"
Maneul smiled. "That is for you to work out."

Respectfully,

I agree with you, General Castelozzi. We must quench the many revolts occuring in Byzantium, and we must encourage the Greeks to build a bigger standing army.

- Jean Charles de Fidelle, Representative to Byzantium

((So retire him after the next update as a general?))

((Not yet, but for good when the game has enough of him this time:rolleyes:.))

Castelozzi slowly prepared his retirement. 'It is good to see that my opinion is valued. But soon enough I'll be too old for that.' The next opponent on the battlefield would only see an experienced foe though.

((Not yet, but for good when the game has enough of him this time:rolleyes:.))

Castelozzi slowly prepared his retirement. 'It is good to see that my opinion is valued. But soon enough I'll be too old for that.' The next opponent on the battlefield would only see an experienced foe though.

((This is ironic because I'm working on the next update and your guy was the only general that the game didn't kill off. :p))

1487-1492 – An Easy Victory

It was clear as 1487 began that religion was not King Ferran II’s primary concern. Three policies were presented to the King to strengthen the true faith and cast out heretics. Out of those three, only the De Heretico Comburendo Act, which required the bible to only be written in Latin, was passed. Cardinal Fernando de Vascona was quite irate when his proposal, the Alhambra Decree, was turned down. The King did not feel that the Jews within Aragon were a threat and he appreciated that they continued to contribute to the prosperity of the kingdom. He would not expel them. This won him much support from the Jewish population and greatly improved his reputation.

While King Ferran II was quite generous to the Jewish population, he was not as forgiving of slights from foreigners. When the Knights on Rhodes were caught making claims to Athens, the King decided to return the favour. A spy was sent to infiltrate their order and find a suitable reason for Aragon to declare war, if need be.

The primary focus for Aragon, and what it would be for a few years, was the war France had declared on Brittany. As expected, Aragon answered the call. Brittany, Burgundy, and Savoy were not considered a serious threat. France could easily handle Brittany and Burgundy on their own, and Savoy was fighting off rebels. Ferran intended to only provide what support was needed.

The first order of business was garrisoning the forts on France’s border. Ferran would not let another debacle occur like when the Hungarians marched right through Aragon. Once that was done, the main army in Valencia led by General Luigi Castelozzi moved up into France and headed for Savoy’s capital. The first battle though was between France and Burgundy’s vassals. Unlike the last war that France had fought against Burgundy and their vassals, France was no pushover.

Even while the war raged on, Aragonese troops were still trying to retake Constantinople from Orthodox rebels. The city was close to falling, but the rebel garrison was stubborn. During a minor skirmish, General Stefano von Thun was injured, although his wounds were not severe and he’d recover in no time. This did mean he missed out on reclaiming the great city a month later.

General Castelozzi faced a minor setback when he found Savoie’s fort too well defended to take alone, so instead he headed for Cuneo, where a smaller fort lay. When he arrived, he found a demoralized army of Burgundy’s vassals next door in Montferrat. Not wanting to waste this opportunity, he ordered an attack before they could recover. The enemy wasn’t crushed like he had hoped, but they were forced on the run again. In the meantime he could return to Cuneo to siege.

The spy in Rhodes was caught in May of 1487, but Ferran didn’t back down. He admitted to sending the spy. The Knights had done the same, so why should he be ashamed?

With Constantinople liberated, General Sebastián de Loarre was free to return to North Africa. However, orders from the King changed that plan. He was to sail to Roussillon with his army and serve as backup for General Castelozzi and aid the French. When he arrived, he was sent north to pester Burgundy and try to take their capital. He lacked the men to take the city though and was instead ordered down to Savoy. Savoy was easy pickings, especially once a massive combined force took out Savoy’s rebels for them. It also alerted King Ferran to the fact that Brittany and its allies were at war with Provence and its allies, which included Austria. It seemed that this war would be even easier than thought. Tuscany, France’s ally, even managed to defeat Brittany’s army and send it on the run.

Tuscany continued its contributions as it caught Brittany’s army after a defeat against Provence. They didn’t stand a chance, forced to flee yet again, right into Provence’s army. Brittany wasn’t a major threat now, so it was all up to Burgundy. After seeing such success, Ferran ordered a diplomat sent to Tuscany to improve relations. As allies of France, they had both cooperated together before and he saw no reason not to keep things on good terms with them.

Savoy’s fate turned worse as Switzerland decided it would jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of its weakened neighbour. Savoy was already in a terrible position, especially once France took Savoie. With their capital occupied, Savoy was ready to make peace with at least one enemy. France forced them to pay war reparations.

With Savoy out of the war and all of Brittany either occupied or under siege by someone, the order was given for the Aragonese armies to return home. General de Loarre returned to Roussillon and sailed from there back to North Africa. General Castelozzi was stationed in Pirineo to ensure no enemy army marched into Aragon.

With the treasury filling up, a temple was constructed in Palermo. King Ferran had given nominal consent to the project, not that he could do much else since the law required the construction of temples in bishoprics, but he expressed his opinion that a marketplace or more profitable project would be more worthwhile.

In October of 1488, Austria and France worked together against a mutual enemy to attempt to take out Burgundy’s army. Their success was minimal, especially when that same army snuck south and attacked a Tuscan army. Reinforcements for Burgundy arrived first before anyone could intervene for Tuscany. Tuscany’s army was forced to flee, but they did leave Burgundy’s forces open to attack from Provence. At some point the enemy army was eradicated, but information on who accomplished it was unclear. What was clear was that the enemy forces had been reduced down to a single regiment.

As with Alfons VI before, rulers across Europe wanted to pray with the king of such a holy kingdom every time they visited. Every time Ferran II would bluntly turn them down, telling them to visit a local church if they had the urge to pray. He never agreed to any of the requests and preferred to do his praying in private, at least that was what everyone assumed.

With Savoy in disarray and having already been dragged into war with them on several occasions, Ferran had a spy sent to the kingdom to fabricate a claim on Nice. If they ever went to war again, Ferran wanted something out of it at least.

By June of 1489, Ferran had gotten tired of waiting for France to settle a peace. The army under General Castelozzi was ordered up to Burgundy to help the siege process along. The general managed to capture Charolais. Once the province had fallen, he went in pursuit of a stray Burgundian army. They were outmatched and stood no chance. In an outstanding victory, the entire enemy force was eliminated without a single Aragonese casualty. With that done, he was ordered home with his army. Aragon had done its part.

It was also around this time Ferran ordered a celebration of the navy. It had protected Aragon from threats for decades and was responsible for many victories. If Aragon wanted to flourish, the navy had to be at its best.

By 1490, Italy was going through a change. The Italian states possessed little respect for the Emperor and frequently ignored his authority. They had been acting independent of the Empire and it was becoming clear that the Empire’s authority in the area was minimal at best. The Emperor would not be as watchful of the area as he once had.

Another construction project began in March of 1490, this time a temple in Cagliari. The bishopric had not found a holy man to assume the role of bishop yet, but hopefully a temple would lure one in.

There was a bit of confusion at court as word arrived that Denmark had attacked Sweden to restore the union of their two countries. King Ferran, as far as he was aware, had thought the two were still under the union. Apparently after accepting Danish domination twice after declaring independence wars, Sweden must have found a way to break free and stay that way. Clearly the Scandinavians needed to work out their issues.

By the end of May in 1490, all of Brittany and their allies had fallen under occupation. However, France seemed unwilling to settle a peace. Soon it became clear why. Both Brittany and Burgundy were almost evenly split by France and Provence in separate wars. With neither able to completely occupy their enemies, they could not settle what they thought was a suitable peace. Ferran attempted to encourage the two separate parties to negotiate and perhaps settle a mutual peace with Brittany, but neither France nor Provence was willing to do that. In the hopes of spurring France into settling a peace, Ferran ordered that Charolais be handed over to the French to control for now.

With interest in claiming Negroponte from Venice years ago, King Ferran decided it was time to prepare for such an eventuality. He had his spies sent to Albania to fabricate claims on the province. If he could kick Venice out of Greece, it could only benefit Aragon and Byzantium.

An attack was arranged on General Jean Charles de Fidèlle’s life as he led the army garrisoned in Granada. Some supporters of the Inquisition were displeased with its recent lack of progress. King Ferran had cut the funding on missionary efforts and now had turned down two acts that would have aided efforts to strengthen the true faith. These disgruntled fanatics lashed out and attacked the highest authority figure they could find. General de Fidèlle was not seriously harmed in the attack, but the assailant was killed before he could be questioned further. King Ferran was not pleased with the attack and did his best to support the efforts of the wounded general in Granada. Recruitment efforts were even conducted in Alicante to ensure the army remained capable of defeating potential threats. Two artillery units were recruited in Fez and Valencia, bringing the army to a total of 30 regiments as planned.

In a surprising twist, despite being entirely occupied by Provence, Savoy managed to win their war versus Switzerland, forcing them to cut ties with the Pope and pay a small indemnity. It could only be assumed that the occupation by Provence kept Switzerland from making any gains while Savoy’s allies dealt with them. Despite that small victory, Provence enforced its demands shortly after. Provence took a province and even returned some cores to Switzerland. Savoy was a shadow of its former self.

The attack in Granada was not the last. In May of 1491, an attempt was made on General Sebastián de Loarre’s life. Like the earlier attack, it was unsuccessful. The general was only mildly injured, but this time the assailant was taken alive. After an extensive interrogation, it was revealed that the man was yet another fanatic. Many were surprised, expecting a Muslim to have conducted the attack. The fact that Catholics were targeting members of the army was alarming. Not everyone was pleased with King Ferran’s lax policy on religion. People were clearly displeased with the direction Aragon was going.

Despite all this, Ferran kept his focus elsewhere. The spy had been successful in Albania and was immediately sent on to Corfu. He wanted to ensure Venice would be crippled in the region if war came. He also turned his eye to Provence. A claim was fabricated on Dragaignan, just in case a war came there. One could never be too prepared.

The arquebus was a revolutionary weapon for the army, but it did have its downside. Its inaccuracy and slow-firing rate left anyone using it vulnerable to attack. However, suggestions from within the army pointed to having men use them alongside pikeman, who could defend these men. This tactic could allow for effective use of the weapon without leaving them vulnerable.

In January of 1492, France finally started to settle peaces with its enemies. Burgundy was the first to be dealt with. France took Charolais and forced them to pay a hefty indemnity. A few weeks later, Brittany agreed to a peace too, ending the war. Brittany gave up Normandie and Nantes, as well as agreeing to pay a hefty indemnity. Relations with Burgundy were severed as well. With that, peace was finally achieved. France had done well for itself, and hopefully they would pay Aragon back in kind for their help in the future.

((Spam!))

Xs93UHA.png

Presenting His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks.

We have done our duty and aided France as any good ally would do. I can only hope that France will return the favour in time. For now, maybe we shall actually see some peace for a time, unless Portugal suddenly has the urge to start a war. I certainly hope not. We must give Aragon time to recover. Our manpower is low and our army cannot serve as well in war if we do not have enough men. We should consider that.

I also wish to celebrate with you, for it has been fifty glorious years with Naples under our rule. Our Neapolitan brethren have flourished under our rule and served us as faithfully as any Aragonese man could. Perhaps one day they shall benefit from direct rule from Valencia. ((We should be able to inherit/integrate them starting some time this year.))

On a more serious note, I will not tolerate these fanatics that have the audacity to attack my generals. Perhaps there are those of you who believe my support of the Inquisition is lacking, but that does not make such acts of violence necessary. The Inquisition will receive what supports it needs, but at the moment there are more pressing matters to be dealt with.

((As usual, ministers have until Monday at 12pm PST to propose their plans. Everyone else is free to propose new laws. It should be noted that as long as we have our theologian, the Advancement of Religion Act may be proposed again. I’ve also gone ahead and added back in all the “dead” generals, even though it doesn’t show up in the last military screenshot.

Time for some of you to start collecting your pensions. Here is a list of those of you who have reached 80 and should consider sending your characters off to a better place.

@LatinKaiser
@Tzuf23

@Attalus, your character is over 100, so I’m forced to kill him off. If you still want to maintain your title, you’ll need to make a new character before the next update.))

Last edited:
Reactions: