• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My grace Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

I am humbled by the suggestion of me serving on the council. Truthfully, I have not considered the posibility of serving in such position. But if possible, I wish to claim the position of Steward in this great kingdom.

If accepted, I would like to propose the following plan:

• Work with the Marshal and station troops in Byzantium to lower revolt risk
  • If possible, placate the local rulers to further decrease risk of revolt and independence
  • Keep stability over atleast 0, most preferable over 1 if possible
  • Engage in a royal marriage to further cement our ties with Byzantium

As you possibly see, my strategy is Byzantium centric. We can not loose the City of The Worlds Desire to the filthy heathens, now when we have brought it back from the brink of destruction.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

Last edited:
Your Grace Alfons VI de Trastámara,
I respect your decision to not name me Count of Barcelona. However, I am interested in serving on your Council as Treasurer. I may be somewhat inexperienced, but I can quickly improve my skills and do even better for the realm. Plus, for a majority of my early life I was educated by a rather well-known mathematician here in the capital, so I definitely understand how finances and numbers work.

So, I hope you take this into consideration when deciding who to put on your royal council.

- Jean Charles de Fidèlle

Name: Lucas von Napolis
Date of Birth: November 13, 1441
Class: Courtier, (Unlanded Noble when Naples is inherited)
Religion: Catholic
Bio:
Lucas was born in the city of Naples to Angelo, and Maria von Napolis, two Nobles of the House of Napolis. Lucas was brought up in wealth, and quality education. He ((like all of my characters)) studied Mercantilism and Diplomacy. His family was one of the richest in the City of Naples, even in the country and unlike a large amount of Nobles supported Alfons VI, so didn't lose their fortune after the succession crisis. But Lucas parents wanted more influence, and so got a Florentine Mathmatician, and taught him Math, and he was sent to Valencia. He would serve on the Court of the King, and perferrably in the Council.

Reactions:

My grace Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

I am humbled by the suggestion of me serving on the council. Truthfully, I have not considered the posibility of serving in such position. But if possible, I wish to claim the position of Steward in this great kingdom.

If accepted, I would like to propose the following plan:

• If possible, placate the local rulers to further decrease risk of revolt and independence
  • Engage in a royal marriage to further cement our ties with Byzantium

As you possibly see, my strategy is Byzantium centric. We can not loose the City of The Worlds Desire to the filthy heathens, now when we have brought it back from the brink of destruction.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

vvEKLhO.png

We will gladly appoint you our Steward then.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((If by placate local rulers you mean the options for vassals, that falls under the purview of the viceroys. Royal marriages are also solely decided by the king, not that it matters since we already have a royal marriage with Byzantium. What you can do is set a stance as to how to act to possible revolts and order the construction of buildings. The stability and revolt risk fit too, as you've already included.))

Your Grace Alfons VI de Trastámara,
I respect your decision to not name me Count of Barcelona. However, I am interested in serving on your Council as Treasurer. I may be somewhat inexperienced, but I can quickly improve my skills and do even better for the realm. Plus, for a majority of my early life I was educated by a rather well-known mathematician here in the capital, so I definitely understand how finances and numbers work.

So, I hope you take this into consideration when deciding who to put on your royal council.

- Jean Charles de Fidèlle

vvEKLhO.png

We do not believe it wise to trust the finances of a nation in the hands of a family that betrayed us. You must understand our concern. We do not know how far the rot goes. Give us time to test your loyalty first, and perhaps we will reward you.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((Sorry for not cutting you a break, but it really doesn't make sense for Alfons to be doing favours for the brother-in-law of the man that ordered his father's assassination.))

Name: Lucas von Napolis
Date of Birth: November 13, 1441
Class: Courtier, (Unlanded Noble when Naples is inherited)
Religion: Catholic
Bio:
Lucas was born in the city of Naples to Angelo, and Maria von Napolis, two Nobles of the House of Napolis. Lucas was brought up in wealth, and quality education. He ((like all of my characters)) studied Mercantilism and Diplomacy. His family was one of the richest in the City of Naples, even in the country and unlike a large amount of Nobles supported Alfons VI, so didn't lose their fortune after the succession crisis. But Lucas parents wanted more influence, and so got a Florentine Mathmatician, and taught him Math, and he was sent to Valencia. He would serve on the Court of the King, and perferrably in the Council.

((Technically you can still be an unlanded noble if from Naples, since it's considered part of the realm, even if no one can claim the titles.))

Castelozzi paced around his palace as he often did. He finally had news from his man who was after Ferran the Bastard. While he as general assisted king Alfons in the battles of Naples, Andrea had gained a place in the Bastard's army. Damned traitor. He should have sent another one after Ferran, what he promptly did. Killing him under the Habsburg's protection was too risky for now, but they could observe his every move. Though Castelozzi doubted his men would learn anything interesting. At least Ferran's internal supporters were dealt with.

5wxzSfe.jpg

Your Majesty,

I congratulate You in securing Your rightful throne once and for all. The Bastard has shown his true face, as even in complete defeat he isn't man enough to accept it and its consequences. In Your search for councillors, I will not forward my name, as I lack the knowledge to be of any assistance. But I still wish to be of use in the ways that I am able to; I will continue to enforce Your Majesty's will at the head of one of Your armies. If Your Highness has any difficulties procuring any information, me and my men also stand at Your disposal. Long live the King!

Your loyal subject,
General Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

vvEKLhO.png

Are you not already here? Why are you asking me about such nonsense? Go live your lives without interfering with my rule.

To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

I have not been in Aragon for years, how did you get the information that I was already there. I have stayed in Gelre for most of the years. A couple of months ago, I got presented the oppertunity to join my husband to the kingdom of Aragon, but there was still a succesion war ongoing. I figured that it would be safer to stay home. Now that the succession war is over, I finally have the oppertunity to travel to Aragon in peace. I just wanted to ask you, King Alfons VI, if i was still welcome in your country.

Jolandha van Tiel

We are glad to hear that the heretics of the northeast are being converted by force now. May they embrace the true faith. You may stay, I suppose, but don't get into any trouble. I won't hesitate to have you thrown out of the kingdom if you do.

(In Latin)

I thank you the most noble of Kings, for your hospitality. I promise to you that I will try to stay away from any affairs, and I will not interrupt your rule. I thank you once again, your Majesty. Now I will go to my room.

Marcin bows and than leaves.

I understand, and I will change my plans accordingly, in order of importance:

• If someone tries to challenge your rule, crush them with all available forces
  • Lower revolt risk by instituting harsh treatment in Byzantium
  • If possible, reduce overextension
  • If possible, raise development in the crown provinces and provinces with high tax base
Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari and Steward of the realm

((The reason I proposed a royal marriage was because at the overview screen it just said leading vassal, and not royal marriage :p
Atleast I have learned a bit more, next plan should fall within the frame of the Stewards duties ;)))

Last edited:
To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

I have not been in Aragon for years, how did you get the information that I was already there. I have stayed in Gelre for most of the years. A couple of months ago, I got presented the oppertunity to join my husband to the kingdom of Aragon, but there was still a succesion war ongoing. I figured that it would be safer to stay home. Now that the succession war is over, I finally have the oppertunity to travel to Aragon in peace. I just wanted to ask you, King Alfons VI, if i was still welcome in your country.

Jolandha van Tiel

((It's implied that unless you explicitly state that it's a letter, that you're speaking directly to the king in-person. It gets confusing, as we are now seeing, if not stated as such. :p))

I understand, and I will change my plans accordingly, in order of importance:

• If possible, raise development in the crown provinces and provinces with high tax base
Your loyal servant,

((The reason I proposed a royal marriage was because at the overview screen it just said leading vassal, and not royal marriage :p
Atleast I have learned a bit more, next plan should fall within the frame of the Stewards duties ;)))

((Well the Byzantine Emperor did pass away at some point, so maybe the royal marriage ended and I wasn't paying attention. When you say raise development, do you mean base tax, production, or manpower?))

((Well the Byzantine Emperor did pass away at some point, so maybe the royal marriage ended and I wasn't paying attention. When you say raise development, do you mean base tax, production, or manpower?))

((Well that depends on what is lowest in that province, so if it's good manpower and production, then you raise base tax etc. etc. :)))

((It's implied that unless you explicitly state that it's a letter, that you're speaking directly to the king in-person. It gets confusing, as we are now seeing, if not stated as such. :p))
((Well, it is a letter. But now my question, can I come into Aragon?))

Signore Guingini,

Thank you for writing to me.

I believe Pirineo is well-supplied, though you should ask the Conde de Soneta. Rome is also stocked with goods though I believe merchants are always welcome here.

Unfortunately I am too busy with theological matters to meet you in person. May God be with you.

Sincerely,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

I thank Your Excellency for replying to my letter. I will send a letter to the Conde of Soneta then.

Respectfully,

Francesco Guinigi, Merchant of Lucca.

((Letter to the Conde of Soneta))

Your Excellency,

I write you under counsil of the Bishop of Pirineo who suggested your name.

I am a private Italian merchant of the Republic of Lucca which is having a rather correct trade relation with the Aragonese merchants, who is writing for you over two matters:

- to petition his Majesty to renew the infrastructures in Cagliari and Sardinia as I firmly believe the island should benefit of investments to make it an important haven for merchant ships and a regional trade hubs. I am not rich but for the best I can do, I would invest some ducat in the process. Naturally, being a foreigner, I will stand no chance against the king... So, maybe would help me in this? Now that the civil war is ended I will return soon in Aragon, maybe we can arrange a meeting?
- Secondarily, I am starting to enlarge my volume of affairs and I am interested to search client between the great nobles of Aragon... Eventually, if we meet, I would bring the best pieces of my stockpile and offer my large array of services.

Respectfully waiting for a reply,

Francesco Guinigi, Merchant of Lucca.

((Well that depends on what is lowest in that province, so if it's good manpower and production, then you raise base tax etc. etc. :)))

((Aka raise manpower because our diplo points are crap and all our admin points need to go towards stability. :p))

((Well, it is a letter. But now my question, can I come into Aragon?))

((Well the king doesn't control who enters and exits, so people are free to enter the kingdom at will. As to whether they can stay at court is another matter. I doubt the king wants anyone associated with someone he's locked in jail near his person.))

Reactions:
My King

I would like to protest against the Steward's plan of raising development in provinces. While I can see as to why it could be done, I do not think that we could manage an acceptable technological level if we were to do this. But I'd like to propose a new law for this, that, at least in my opinion, could give us mountains of ducats with the same funds we always had.

The "Balanced Distribution of Attention" Act

If Aragon is able to afford a new technology that it is still ahead in time of and the new tech is not needed immediately ((Like Military in the midst of a war)), the points have to be spent in development instead of being wasted to "Ahead of Time".

With this new law, we could steadily grow more powerful without falling behind our neighbours regarding technology.

Your loyal subject
Joseph von Thun
Diplomat and Noble

@SirAlucard

((Valid point, that's exactly the reason I put at the bottom in order of importance, and added "If possible" before it, so we don't spend on it needlesly when we can spend points on other, more important stuff.
So I will vote for your act when it goes up for a vote:)))

My King

I would like to protest against the Steward's plan of raising development in provinces. While I can see as to why it could be done, I do not think that we could manage an acceptable technological level if we were to do this. But I'd like to propose a new law for this, that, at least in my opinion, could give us mountains of ducats with the same funds we always had.

If Aragon is able to afford a new technology that it is still ahead in time of and the new tech is not needed immediately ((Like Military in the midst of a war)), the points have to be spent in development instead of being wasted to "Ahead of Time".

With this new law, we could steadily grow more powerful without falling behind our neighbours regarding technology.

Your loyal subject
Joseph von Thun
Diplomat and Noble

An excellent suggestion. We will consult the court on this matter later. If our new Steward wishes to change his plan to account for this, we will allow it. ((@Robban204 you can amend the development part and back this instead, otherwise we'll have to vote on the plan.))

((Well the king doesn't control who enters and exits, so people are free to enter the kingdom at will. As to whether they can stay at court is another matter. I doubt the king wants anyone associated with someone he's locked in jail near his person.))
((Forgot that the king is paranoid.))

I will add the development-amendment that our wise diplomat von Thun proposed, he certainly have a knack for interior development.
This is hopefully the final revision of my plan, but if anyone else have sugesstions, I will gladly hear them out, for the good of the realm.

• (Amendment) The "Balanced Distribution of Attention" Act

Your loyal servant,

As Marcin listened to the gibberish that in the Valencian court, one name caught his attention. Joseph von Thun.... What does a Swiss do in Aragon? It does not matter. This might be his chance to learn something about this country. He seeks out the man before he leaves and decides to talk with him:
(In German)
I'm very sorry to disturb you, but it has come to my attention that you come from Switzerland. It really hard to tell that, and seeing as you were born in the might Holy Roman Empire, you surely must understand what I say. I would like to travel with you to learn about customs of this astounding country. Also I would like you to teach me the language of this land. But if you turn me down I will not be angry. So what is your answer noble sir?

I will add the development-amendment that our wise diplomat von Thun proposed, he certainly have a knack for interior development.
This is hopefully the final revision of my plan, but if anyone else have sugesstions, I will gladly hear them out, for the good of the realm.

• (Amendment) The "Balanced Distribution of Attention" Act

Your loyal servant,

((Well if you could also change this and alter that... lol, just kidding. You've been forced to change that plan way too many times already. :p))