• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your Majesty,

Thank you for your gracious judgment. Truly God has blessed you.

I shall present the following plan as Marshal of the Realm:

Marshal's Plan

1. As usual, the forts in Messina and Rousillon are to be mothballed in favor of maintaining the forts in Valencia and rest of the Iberian heartland.
2. Unnecessary regiments shall be disbanded in the case that the annual income is still negative.

That is all, my lord.

Your ever loyal subject,
Carlos de Leon, Marshal of the Realm

Last edited:
My grace,

I congratulate you on your rightful victory, as you know I supported your rightful place as king from the very beginning, and I will continoue to do so until the very end, aswell as my family.
You have proven yourself a capable leader, and that is what Aragon needs.
I have some contacts in France, since my mothers family still lives there and have garnered influence in the french court. I will try to convince the french court, via my extended family, to keep pressure on the Habsburgs to release the bastard to the crown.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

The ostrich reared its head from the sand, or something like that, flowed through Count Matthias's brain as he donned his finest garments.

He quickly called his son Alexandre, by now a developing, and had the potential to be quite dashing, young gentleman. He called the carriage, and he and his son left the via great southern gate, as they made to court. On the way Alexandre learnt much of the misgivings and presentational skills of court, but all to soon they had arrived
(I have fast horses :p). And so Count Matthias arrived.

To the most esteemedly honorable king Alfons and my fellows of court. I apologies for my absence over this past year, I fear the great pressure of losing our most magnanimous monarch worried me so much as to close off my contact to all outside matters. I wish to present my son, Alexandre Philippe Maximilias, who prefers to be addressed by his first name, if it so pleases you. I hope for him to continue my legacy, and I hope you may bid him welcome, for this arrangement is most different to the atmosphere we pervade over in

(p.s @RyuDrago happy for letter now, I realize it was a private letter, but as overseer of the county, I have some knowledge of internal messages, I am the Conde de Pirineo FYI ;))

Last edited:
((Alright, new character time))
288px-Stanislaw_Antoni_Szczuka_(1652_1654-1710).jpg

Marcin Bażyński during his youth
356px-Achinger.svg.png

House Bażyński's Coat of Arms​
Name: Marcin Bażyński
Date of Birth: 1436
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Marcin is a member of Polish szlachta, and being a third son of his father he has no chance for inheritance. That is the reason the he decided to travel around the known world. After his travel to Germany, Italy and Hungary, he decides to learn about customs of the Iberian nobles. With no knowledge of the local language, his only hope for communication is to speak Latin until he learns the local language. Expect Latin, he also speak German after his many travels around the region, and a bit of Hungarian. He didn't use Italian since his travel there in 1456. He is honest, and loyal to those who tread him well. But he is craven, always trying to stay out of conflict.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Hey guys I have two ideas for a new character, A Habsburg, but who was the youngest of 5 brothers and decided to move to a foreign court hoping to earn their fortune there, or a Neapolitan noble who had supported Alfons VI during the succession crisis?))

((This song here is the succesion war summed up:
First part: Ferran and his army prepare for war.
Second part: Alfons prepares the torture chairs.
Third: the army prepares for battle
Fourth: Satan makes himself ready for when Ferran would win.
Fifth: Random prisoners.

This cannot be a coincidence!))

Reactions:
((Hey guys I have two ideas for a new character, A Habsburg, but who was the youngest of 5 brothers and decided to move to a foreign court hoping to earn their fortune there, or a Neapolitan noble who had supported Alfons VI during the succession crisis?))
((The second would have it easier, but the habsburg would be more fun to manage))

(@GameHunter5303 the Habsburg idea could get messy very quickly, but they'll have more connections, and thus more possibilities in RP, but the neapolitan will be readily accepted, but may be overshadowed by our viceroy and could be less engaging to try playing as, but it's completely up to you in the end)

((As some pointed out already, the Neapolitan would probably be the better character.))

Your Majesty,

Thank you for your gracious judgment. Truly God has blessed you.

I shall present the following plan as Marshal of the Realm:

Marshal's Plan

1. As some have pointed out already, the army does not require the current amount of funding, with the kingdom at peace and Ferran defeated for now. Therefore, army funding shall be capped at a maximum of 25% of the annual income so that the extra funds can be used to rebuild the nation.
2. As usual, the forts in Messina and Rousillon are to be mothballed in favor of maintaining the forts in Valencia and rest of the Iberian heartland.
3. Unnecessary regiments shall be disbanded in the case that the annual income is still negative.

That is all, my lord.

Your ever loyal subject,
Carlos de Leon, Marshal of the Realm

((Army maintenance is handled by the Treasurer, not the Marshal, so the first point won't apply.))

((Sorry, I don't speak Latin IRL. It just fits the character))

Marcin arrives in Valencia with a hope to learn about this strange country, he decides to introduce himself to the court.
He enters the royal palace, and after entering the throne room he bows down before the king
(In Latin)

I greet the King of these fine lands, I would wish to be able to stay in this magnificent palace. I come to this glorious kingdom to gain knowledge about people who live here. May I have a room for myself to hide from the rains, and storms? The news about your great victories in Greece, and your heal of the Great Schism are legendary. With such achievement the Polish-Lithuanian king have decided to start their own crusade against the remaining heretics in Russia.
Marcin decides to ask if somebody speak German, just in case

((As others have said Neapolitan is a safer option, but a Habsburg sounds more fun))

((I want to have you know, that I actually wanted to give the van Tiels a bad reputation, to have a challenge when my next character, which will travel to Aragon as soon as he reaches the age of 15. It would be a great challenge to overcome. It would have work to recover the reputation, and maybe even get to a position of nobility, or become a general))

((Army maintenance is handled by the Treasurer, not the Marshal, so the first point won't apply.))
((That doesn't mean that it isn't a good idea, though.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
(@05060403 the latin meant something akin to truth and courage will find a way, I hope, also my character is mediumly proficient in German, but is more comfortable with Latin (do recall he was very well travelled as a young adult, touring most of Europe, he picked up German on route) but Latin was akin to English in a modern English school in his places of education, i.e an obligation and so he is practically fluent in it, though I myself IRL am not (though do have some random known phrases :p))

(@05060403 the latin meant something akin to truth and courage will find a way, I hope, also my character is mediumly proficient in German, but is more comfortable with Latin (do recall he was very well travelled as a young adult, touring most of Europe, he picked up German on route))
((I did figure that much with the help of google translate, and my Character is in the middle of the journey across Europe. So until he learns Catalan/Aragonese (or other dialect of Spanish) he will have to use Latin/German (I was hope that the main Aragonese diplomat would be at the court).))

A letter to king Alfons VI.

To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

Could I, Jolandha van Tiel, and my son, Cornelis van Tiel, live in your grand and mighty country? I am deeply sorry for the actions of my Husband, Michiel van Tiel, and would want to apologize by paying for the reconstruction of the great city of Cagliari. If you desire, my son can join the great Aragonese army when he is grown up, and has finished the best of education your country can offer. We hope to heal the wounds that the name van Tiel has done to your country, and restore our reputation in the progress.

Jolandha van Tiel.

Last edited:
Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duke Tomas Etxeto of Pamplona, head of House Etxeto
Dear King Alfons of Aragon, Navarre, Naples, et al.

Your success is most welcome news. I'm glad that the one and only heir to the throne established himself. If you ever need something to happen, just ask.

Duke Tomas Etxeto di Pamplona

To His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

Your Majesy,

As a humble man of God I am concerned about the fate of the men of Aragon who have suffered during the war like peasents who were done harm by both the bastard's forces and Loyalists, which includes being forced to fight or the destruction of their labour by the plundering of their produce, or the citizens of Cagliari, who were attacked by a godless pirate supported by heathens. Thus, as a humble man of God, I ask you, I beg you to relief those victims of the actions of the bastard, both directly and indirectly, as a pious man of God, for Aragon and its people.

Bishop Adriano Juan de Valencia, Abad de Abadía de St. Francisco de Asís

vvEKLhO.png

The good Cardinal de Vascona did suggest a plan for rebuilding Cagliari, which we believe has merit. If only Ferran had paid with his blood instead of making us pay ducats to rebuild.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

9skqvwl.png

To His Royal Majesty, King Alfons VI, and the court,
Congratulations on your magnificent victory, Your Majesty. God smiles upon you as a trueborn son. May He bless you with sons and security for your reign. It is a shame that the bastard could not be brought to justice, but perhaps the Lord has other designs. Now we must rebuild our realm and repair the damage that brigands, pirates, and years of war have caused.

Thank you for entrusting the position of Court Chaplain to my person as your father did. As court chaplain, I recommend that the crown support my efforts at reforming the Church and supporting my "faction". Hopefully, we will be able to influence His Holiness to return the Church to its more spiritual roots and remake it as in institution that cares for the needs of the poor and spiritually malnourished. Soon the seas shall be safe and you will be able to travel to Rome to be blessed by His Holiness, which would be a great opportunity for the kingdom and your person to potentially influence the pontiff and increase the prestige of your dynasty in the eyes of Christendom.

Unfortunately, I must advise that the kingdom end its mission to place my person on the throne of Saint Peter. It appears that the opportunity has passed and that the Lord has other designs. Finally, I would recommend that missionaries be sent to any provinces that believe in heresy but are open to conversion.

God bless you, Your Majesty.

Your humble servant,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

((Court chaplain plan:
-keep investing influence to increase our papal chances
-convert provinces whenever possible per the Shield of Saint Peter Act
-cancel the mission to become papal controller))

vvEKLhO.png

We are surprised that you are so humble to admit that the Papacy is out of your grasp. If only the French would release their stranglehold on it so we could make the Catholic Church great.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((I never really considered who should have the option to cancel a mission, but in this case it makes sense that the mission for the Papacy be cancelled by the candidate for that position.))

My grace,

I congratulate you on your rightful victory, as you know I supported your rightful place as king from the very beginning, and I will continoue to do so until the very end, aswell as my family.
You have proven yourself a capable leader, and that is what Aragon needs.
I have some contacts in France, since my mothers family still lives there and have garnered influence in the french court. I will try to convince the french court, via my extended family, to keep pressure on the Habsburgs to release the bastard to the crown.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

vvEKLhO.png

We thank you for the suggestion, but we highly doubt that the French will have any sway over the Habsburgs. The Austrians are known to hate the French with a passion. They'd be more likely to prop up Ferran as a pretender if the French intervened. If you do truly wish to help us, perhaps you would consider serving on our Council?

((Pick a position and it's yours, except for Chancellor. You can say no if you want to too.))

((Sorry, I don't speak Latin IRL. It just fits the character))

Marcin arrives in Valencia with a hope to learn about this strange country, he decides to introduce himself to the court.
He enters the royal palace, and after entering the throne room he bows down before the king
(In Latin)

I greet the King of these fine lands, I would wish to be able to stay in this magnificent palace. I come to this glorious kingdom to gain knowledge about people who live here. May I have a room for myself to hide from the rains, and storms? The news about your great victories in Greece, and your heal of the Great Schism are legendary. With such achievement the Polish-Lithuanian king have decided to start their own crusade against the remaining heretics in Russia.
Marcin decides to ask if somebody speak German, just in case

vvEKLhO.png

Alfons turns to a clergyman present in court and asks, "What is this annoying foreigner saying? I can't understand a word." The clergyman then proceeds to translate for the King.

We are glad to hear that the heretics of the northeast are being converted by force now. May they embrace the true faith. You may stay, I suppose, but don't get into any trouble. I won't hesitate to have you thrown out of the kingdom if you do.

A letter to king Alfons VI.

To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

Could I, Jolandha van Tiel, and my son, Cornelis van Tiel, live in your grand and mighty country? I am deeply sorry for the actions of my Husband, Michiel van Tiel, and would want to apologize by paying for the reconstruction of the great city of Cagliari. If you desire, my son can join the great Aragonese army when he is grown up, and has finished the best of education your country can offer. We hope to heal the wounds that the name van Tiel has done to your country, and restore our reputation in the progress.

Jolandha van Tiel.

vvEKLhO.png

Are you not already here? Why are you asking me about such nonsense? Go live your lives without interfering with my rule.

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duke Tomas Etxeto of Pamplona, head of House Etxeto
Dear King Alfons of Aragon, Navarre, Naples, et al.

Your success is most welcome news. I'm glad that the one and only heir to the throne established himself. If you ever need something to happen, just ask.

Duke Tomas Etxeto di Pamplona

vvEKLhO.png

It is good to see that we can still count on the nobility to support us. Perhaps you would be interested in serving on our Council?

((Feel free to claim a position on the Council, excluding Chancellor, and you can have it. Saying no is an option too. I'm just desperate to fill some of these positions. :p))

((One last post for Renato, it sucks to make me have to lose the de Abruzzi line before they received Abruzzi.)

Renato sends a letter to Ferran, Private ((and I don't think Alfons could intercept this letter due to it crossing just across Austria.))

Dear Ferran de Trastámara, the true heir to the Aragonese throne,

It saddens me that we have lost the war against Alfons VI, I hope you may live happily the rest of your life in Austria. Me and my true love, Isabel von Hapsburg are going to escape to the Swiss mountains, I will be able to receive your next letter, but after that I will cut all ties with Aragon, or any outside power. I'm hoping to receive your response.

~Renato de Abruzzi,

Reactions: