• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A letter to Alexandro de la Costa
jgJpX4h.png
To most noble lord Alexandro de la Costa,
While I understand that you may not look favourably at choice, and you may consider me a traitor, I would like to send some of my men to help defend your fine city against the common foe that is Michiel van Tiel. That pirate thinks he might do what he want, and while our looks at the future of Aragon are different, I believe that both sides would agree that he is a problem for both sides. That's why I'm willing to support you against this madman, with troops and gold.
Arturo de Valencia, count of Zaragoza

I thank you for the help but its not my city that needs help its Palermo who need help im just annoyed at the gall of the pirates to threaten the king also since my ship stopped for supplies at Palermo and now im blockaded and cant leave to take over as leader of my capital the city of Passaron Epirus

Alexandro de la Costa

Castelozzi sighed. The prisoner was rambling mad in his dreams, and kept all guards constantly awake. Of his three ships in the harbour, one had already rotten so much that it sank shortly after arriving. Yet his illusions of grandeur were innumerable. The Count had to stop this madman. The proposal of Bishop Sastre came to his mind. Yes, an exorcism! It had to be done. He also had to quell the rumours of a great fleet threatening Palermo. The city was safer than it had ever been before. Just some mad rambling.

-private letter to Bishop Sastre-

Yes, I think that will be necessary. I expect Manuel with anxiety, as this madman is depraving my guards of their sleep and is slowly rendering them mad as well.

May the Lord save his soul,
Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

It was night in Palermo. It would have been a normal night, had the count not captured Johannes van Tiel. A fleet, numbering 200 ships, went into the harbor. They attacked the prison there and took everyone inside back to their ships. It did not end there. They shot a flaming arrow at the palace of the count. They went back to Venice to get supplies and new cannons, to sail to Valencia and destroy the Aragonese fleet. They stopped in Tunis, to get some Berber mercenaries. Around this time count Luigi castelozzi heard that they has escaped and that they were in Tunis at the moment.

((Sir, that is godmodding. You have been an asshole, godmodder and generally annoying, you deserve nothing less than banning))

Reactions:
Felipé de Alvaro oversaw some of the supply-wagons that were being sent to Cagliari. He had heard rumors that the pirate that was responsible for the attack had been captured by the venerable count Luigi Castelozzi.
But even more rumors said that he had been broken out of jail by a joint turkish-venetian-castillian fleet, apparently over seven thousand strong.
He stopped a captain of a trading ship that had been sailing from Palermo to make sense about the rumors.
The trader captain just laughed but excused himself shortly after, his eyes still full of tears from his laughter.

"A joint fleet between heathens and catholics?! Over seven thousand ships?! That is the best story I have heard since the story of men from the east, wearing feather-clad clothes and bringing strange goods came and apparently conquered western europe. I am sorry but that must be the ramblings of a mad man."
Felipé nodded his head in agreement. "The prisoner must have lost his mind, babbling about friendship between catholics and the heathens that hate them, and vice versa, and the largest fleet in the whole known world. It is most certainly complete nonsense, I see that now."
"It is indeed." The captain said between his laughter. "Palermo is completely safe, not a pirate for miles. And most definitely not a fleet so big it makes the mediterranean flow over!" The captain laughed again.
Felipé laughed with the man and invited him to share a beer in the nearby pub, to hear more fantastic stories.

Reactions:
((after finding out there was no fleet Alexandro de la Costa travel to epirus although unfortunately he still have not received a report of the troops that he could depend on should war or a rebellion break out leaving him worry about the future of his land and city.))

((someone give me a report asap))

Felipé de Alvaro oversaw some of the supply-wagons that were being sent to Cagliari. He had heard rumors that the pirate that was responsible for the attack had been captured by the venerable count Luigi Castelozzi.
But even more rumors said that he had been broken out of jail by a joint turkish-venetian-castillian fleet, apparently over seven thousand strong.
He stopped a captain of a trading ship that had been sailing from Palermo to make sense about the rumors.
The trader captain just laughed but excused himself shortly after, his eyes still full of tears from his laughter.

"A joint fleet between heathens and catholics?! Over seven thousand ships?! That is the best story I have heard since the story of men from the east, wearing feather-clad clothes and bringing strange goods came and apparently conquered western europe. I am sorry but that must be the ramblings of a mad man."
Felipé nodded his head in agreement. "The prisoner must have lost his mind, babbling about friendship between catholics and the heathens that hate them, and vice versa, and the largest fleet in the whole known world. It is most certainly complete nonsense, I see that now."
"It is indeed." The captain said between his laughter. "Palermo is completely safe, not a pirate for miles. And most definitely not a fleet so big it makes the mediterranean flow over!" The captain laughed again.
Felipé laughed with the man and invited him to share a beer in the nearby pub, to hear more fantastic stories.

dear Felipé de Alvaro, count of SassariI
I Alexandro de la Costa would like to make a treaty making you the primary provider of supplies for the land of epirus in exchange we expect reasonable rates as well as support should we be at war or rebellion.

Alexandro de la Costa

A letter to Alexandro de la Costa
jgJpX4h.png
To most noble lord Alexandro de la Costa,
While I understand that you may not look favourably at choice, and you may consider me a traitor, I would like to send some of my men to help defend your fine city against the common foe that is Michiel van Tiel. That pirate thinks he might do what he want, and while our looks at the future of Aragon are different, I believe that both sides would agree that he is a problem for both sides. That's why I'm willing to support you against this madman, with troops and gold.

dear Arturo de Valencia, count of Zaragoza
I would like to make a defense treaty in which we agree to come to each other support if either of us be attacked or rebelled against.

Alexandro de la Costa,

dear Arturo de Valencia, count of Zaragoza
I would like to make a defense treaty in which we agree to come to each other support if either of us be attacked or rebelled against.

Alexandro de la Costa,

jgJpX4h.png
To most honourable lord Alexandro de la Costa,
I must say that your proposition surprised me very much. My first proposition was sent only because my spies failed to provide me with reliable informations. But even if I'm not going to live much longer, I agree. The treaty is even more surprising because as far as I know you support Alfons as the king of Aragon, but I'm on the other side. So making any sort of treaty with me might cause an uproar in Alfons's court.

How dare you not get involved in this conflict are you a coward or are you not loyal to the king.

Alexandro de la Costa

L3mLZ83.png

You must understand, surely, that even if I backed His Majesty, that a good number of my men may desert for Ferran the Bastard? The only way to guarantee that the Aragonese Army stays intact is to avoid this conflict altogether, something which would all the more feasible if His Majesty hadn't ordered the execution of his own cousin- regardless of Ferran's status as a bastard, to kill one's own kin is a sin, as I am sure many of clergy of this Kingdom could confirm. With that in mind, I believe that we shalt overcome such conflict most easily by not getting involved. This is something which may get out of hand, which is in and of itself, clearly a factor that you, as an irrelevant low noble, would not understand.

Lino Adrià María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante
Virrey-Emèrit de Navarra y General de Exércit

Reactions:
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

To Alexandro de la Costa,

Although I am a noble with controll over Sassari, I am still at the mercy of my King, who, at the moment, is responsible for most of the trade and transport between the different parts of the realm.
I am happy though to provide you with a base that you can ship your supplies from aswell as stop and rest between your journeys.
But the only one I can support in wars or rebellion is my King, since it is he who controll most of the soldiers that I have in my province. The remaining home guard is needed for the defense of the city and my holdings. But I will accept your treaty, and will do as much as I can in regards to accommodation for you and your crews and provide them with reasonable rates for the goods shipped, aswell as send as much support that I can if we get attacked, as long as the attacks is not towards the King, for in war I will support my King before anyone else.

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

((private-Prince Ferran and Giuseppe))
There is a feast being held at Cagliari. The sizzling succulent smell of soup punctured the air and invaded the nostrils of Prince Ferran, who was taken aback by Giuseppe's superbly prepared dish. Giuseppe was seated next to the Prince and they exchanged several glances that suggested a mutual...favor. Their expressions played with each other, and were entangled in a battle against the timidity of the two men. Ferran's usual cruel demeanor had been tamed by the playful mood tabled by Giuseppe. If cruelty was a dragon, Giuseppe was its slayer.

"My lord," Giuseppe tossed out Ferran, "I shall now perform a ballad on my lute." (emphasis added). Ferran smiled an embarrassing smile. He tried to shut down the happiness emanating from him, but he was conquered by his emotions.

Ferran said to Giuseppe, "I'm certain your sounds is so pleasuring." (emphasis added). Giuseppe only winked, but Ferran's heart still skipped a beat. Giuseppe thrust his "lute" into the air, sending Ferran into a frenzy. The audience's attention turned to the regent as he announced he was to play one of most favorite songs, adding that it was dedicated to the Prince of Aragon. Ferran blushed, for this count was clearly courting him in a impure manner. But he liked it, and he was curious as to why.

Giuseppe began the ballad, an endearing tale about a lowly Count winning the favor of the Heir of a Kingdom. The Count sailed a single galley, the same galley as his father, and fought faraway enemies until the last dog died. Ferran felt a personal connection was being conveyed by Giuseppe. Ferran's heart began to race as Giuseppe added more tension to the strings. His fingers danced on the instrument as Ferran's emotions danced with the song. The intensity of the passion emitting from the lute attacked Ferran while his guard was down. Ferran was entranced and he was breathing heavily and his heart was jumping out of his chest. He sweated a waterfall and all the while he tried to conceal his pleasure in the bush of purity, but Giuseppe was cutting the leaves of normality from the bush of purity with a knife given by Cupid himself. The lute got louder, and Ferran got hotter, and his pleasure became bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and.....

The feast was shook by a large eruption. Giuseppe bolted outside and saw that Cagliari was engulfed by flames. "I'm sorry my lord," Giuseppe swallowed to Ferran," but my city is ablaze and I must save it." Giuseppe gathered the local guard and navy and began to fight back against the evil raiders. Ferran plopped onto the steps, and while very disappointed jumped up and joined in the defense of Cagliari.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Renato heard stories of a bumbling idiot in Sicily, who claimed that there was a fleet of 7000 strong blockading the city of Palermo. It was the story of the night in the Austrian tavern he was in.
"7000 Strong?! I don't think they would use that fleet to break out a pirate!" One Noble said
"An Alliance between Catholics and Dirty Muslims! Ridiculous!" Another one laughed.
I would believe Castilians working with Turks, they are blasted traitors and have done it before. That's one of the reasons my father is lying dead right now. But Venitans, they hate both the Castilians and the Turks, and wouldn't want to work with either. That fool is either insane, an idiot, or both. Renato thought.

Carlos burst out in laughter upon hearing the stories of a huge fleet blockading Palermo.

Well, they better not blockade Syracuse hahahaha.

((Jesus Christ, I'm gone half a day and madness ensues. As others have stated, giving yourself 7000 ships and attacking other player's counties falls under god-modding and is prohibited. I thank those who have decided to play that off as the ramblings of an insane man, since it makes the clean-up that much easier. Feel free to continue treating it as nonsense. I'd remind everyone to avoid anything of that scale and refrain from either deciding the fate of another player or their lands.))

Reactions:
((after finding out there was no fleet Alexandro de la Costa travel to epirus although unfortunately he still have not received a report of the troops that he could depend on should war or a rebellion break out leaving him worry about the future of his land and city.))

((someone give me a report asap))

((Sorry about that. There are six regiments in Athens assigned to protect the Greek provinces.))

It seemed like it was all a dream. There was no fleet to break him out. 7000 was an absurd number anyway. Why would the Turks and the Venetians work together anyway. He was still in his house. He didn't even go to Aragon. Cornelis walked into the room. He said: "Did you have a nightmare, uncle?" Johannes replied: "Yes... It was absolutely terrible" Cornelis was called downstairs. Downstairs was his mother; she was crying. She just got news that Michiel got brutally murdered by a group of angry Sardinians in his cell. She asked if Johannes could come downstairs. When Johannes got downstairs Jolandha(The mother) said: "Can you please go to Sardinia and take revenge" Johannes replied: "No, I have a bad feeling about this. I am not going to that damned place. A man walked into the room. He said: Hey scum, you are going to the capital. It was a dream. He was just in cell, and he was going to Valencia for his trial. The 7000 ships, were in reality 72. His ships and 20 Turkish and Castillian mercenary ships. He was being transported to the capital with his old flagship. What a humiliation. They saw ships on the horizon, right before Valencia. At the same time ships came from behind. It was a trap. The ships started to fire. Within Minutes the ships around him sank. But they didn't shoot at his flagship. They let it pass, into the harbor of Valencia. They probably thought that he was in control of the ship.
An hour later they arrived in Valencia. His trial was soon. He had done nothing, but he was arrested. He wanted to know for exactly what he was being arrested...

((I actually wanted you guys to think that it was nonsense, it was all part of the story))

Reactions: