• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
family-crests_2227_679945303
My King, we have to help the Venitians against the Ottomans. This action should help us gain the favor of the Holy See but we should only commit our navy, not troops to this matter and always in accordance with the Venitians. Together we are strong enough to beat the Mohameddans. Deus Vult! {{ For the War and increase relations with the Papal States }}

-Jofré de Borja, count of Urgell

vvEKLhO.png

We thank you all for your thoughts. We have decided that it would be best if we honour the call-to-arms from Venice in hopes of weakening the heathen Ottomans, for this was a primary reason the alliance was formed in the first place. We shall also focus much of our attention on the inner politics of the Holy See in the hopes of becoming Papal Controller some time in the future. We also thank Sebastián de Loarre for offering his services as a general. We gladly accept his offer. May you serve us well.

- His Majesty, Joan II de Trastámara, King of Aragon, Naples, and Navarra

((I know this may be a bit gamey, but I think it makes more sense in RP for the AAR.

If we happen to win this war by a significant margin I believe that you should tag swap to Venice to ensure that we get SOMETHING out of the peace deal, rather than the Venetians trying to only peace out for war reparations. I'd only advise to do this if we full occupy Tunis and get like 80% warscore against the Ottomans. I don't want to see us get left out of a solid deal especially if we put in a solid effort. I've seen it done in other AARs, so it's nothing new.

Just a suggestion though!))

((I know this may be a bit gamey, but I think it makes more sense in RP for the AAR.

If we happen to win this war by a significant margin I believe that you should tag swap to Venice to ensure that we get SOMETHING out of the peace deal, rather than the Venetians trying to only peace out for war reparations. I'd only advise to do this if we full occupy Tunis and get like 80% warscore against the Ottomans. I don't want to see us get left out of a solid deal especially if we put in a solid effort. I've seen it done in other AARs, so it's nothing new.

Just a suggestion though!))

((I admit, I'm not above doing some minor cheating or save game editing if it fits the RP, since the nature of this iAAR is character-driven and involves a story revolving around them. However, I'd only do it if most players were on board. Raising the general limit is a good example of this. If Venice does do what the AI usually does and arranges a stupid peace, I'd be willing to fix things up, but only if most people consent to it.))

((Weird how the AI acts so unrealistically))

Ferran stood on the shore of the Mediterranean, staring out to sea. He'd received word that the Venetians were going to war with the Ottomans and that Aragon would be fighting by their side. He longed to return home and fight alongside his countrymen, by his company had already signed on with the Venetians. He would be fighting the Ottomans, just alongside the Venetians instead. He supposed it didn't make a difference.

The chance to fight in another war did excite Ferran. The Milanese campaign against Switzerland had truly tested him, with his life placed in danger on countless occasions. The thrill of battle was not something he would soon forget. It was unfortunate that despite the successes he had helped win against Switzerland, the Swiss had still won. At least he had run off with his fair share of loot. He patted his pockets to make sure he still had what gold he had looted still on him. He didn't trust some of his companions to not steal from him in turn.

Ferran Perez de Cabrera came up behind him to tell him that the company was moving out, on its way to Venice to join up with their army. They'd be shipping off for Greece soon. If this war turned out right, Ferran would finally have a chance to prove himself. The Milanese campaign had failed to deliver, but surely a war with the heathens would not. He'd return to Aragon with a reputation, perhaps one that outshone the fact he was a bastard. That sounded like something worth fighting for.

Alfons stepped out of the carriage, his gaze drawn to the royal palace. It had been years since he had been here last. Back then he had been a foolish boy, but now he was a man. He walked towards the palace gates with a confident stride. When he saw two servants chatting instead of waiting to attend to him, he snapped at them.

"What do you two think you are doing? Go fetch my luggage, you lazy louts!"

The two servants jumped to attention and sped off to do as they were told. Alfons then felt a smack on the back as Joseph von Thun caught up to him.

"Remember your lessons. A prince must act with dignity and decorum. You must earn your subject's respects, not just expect it."

Alfons let out a sigh. The diplomat had been drilling lessons like these into his head for the past few years. He had done his best to listen, but proper etiquette was so boring. A smack to the back of his head made him pay more attention to von Thun.

"Do you understand, Prince?"

Alfons let out another sigh. "Yes, sir."

Von Thun gave a slight smile and nodded before walking off into the palace. Alfons followed behind him, his back straight as he'd been taught. He gulped nervously. He didn't know what to expect at court. Did all the courtiers just remember him for his more outrageous endeavours such as when he'd accidentally stumbled into Leonardo de Abruzzi's room, or even worse the puppy incident. He winced at that thought. He had been so reckless back then. Thanks to the help of the chirurgeon provided by Bishop Alejandro Sastre, he had since learned to channel his urges into something more constructive, or at least be more discrete about it. A smirk spread across his face. No one needed to know what sort of debauchery he got involved with in his spare time.

"Are you going to stand there all day, Prince, or are you going to join me?" von Thun called from the doorway. He held the door open, waiting impatiently. Alfons hurried up to the door and entered the palace. He hoped that his time back at court would go more smoothly this time.

((If Venice does anything too cheesy with the peace, I shall attempt to fix things then. If Aragon once controlled a piece of Greece, then that sounds like a good thing to go for. ;)))

Reactions:
((I'd really prefer the Byzantines getting more land))

Reactions:
Felipé de Alvaro rode past the fields of wheat that surrounded his farm. His farm. Even though he had been running the farm ever since his father became weaker it was still his fathers farm. But not anymore. Now he owned the farm. A single tear ran down his cheek. He missed his father. He was a strong and just man, but the years had taken its toll. His mother was becoming weaker as the days passed aswell. Soon it would be her turn.
A voice made him snap back to reality.

"Sire, I have news from the court! We are going to war!"
A messenger was delivering the decision from the palace.
"Excellent! Run home to your mother now." He said as he tossed a ducat to the young boy. The boy bowed and hurried along home.
Certainly excellent. A war against the heathens is what this country needs.
He began to think about the soldiers that were going to be sent to anatolia. It was a shame his career was forced to end this way. But he couldn't put soldiers lives in his hands anymore. Not after the incident against the rebels. A whole cavalry force slaughtered. The shame was to large to bear.
He stopped when he rode past a military camp. The soldiers stopped and stood at attention. They still saw him as a general, even though those days were gone.
He gave a respectful nod and continued riding.

Then he began thinking. He maybe wasn't a general, but he could still fight.
Then he decided. He was going to war aswell. If the heathens was allowed to continue expanding, the whole of christian lands could be in danger. His family could be in danger.
He immediately turned around and galloped home and collected his belongings. His armor, shield and sword. His kissed his wife and son farewell, explaining his line of thought. They understood.
Atleast he know his wife did. His son was still too young to understand.
He sent a small letter to the king, explaning his intentions, then set off.

Hurrying away to the docks, he joined a company heading out. They recognised him but they understood. They were thinking the same as him. The heathens cannot expand anymore.
He was going to follow in his fathers footsteps. A mercenary. The same as Ferran de Trastámara and don Ferran Perez de Cabrera. Mercenaries was seemingly all the craze right now.
He looked out across the sea. Somewhere out there the heathens was attacking true, god-fearing christians. And he was coming for them.

((So I'm a mercenary now, for the aragonese side, just for this war though. I will come back and resume my duties as a landed noble when this war is over :D I have a more sinister plan in mind for Felipé and Carlos. Spoiler! Carlos is just a placeholder :p))

mhmpSe5.png

Excerpt from a sermon delivered by Alejandro Sastre, Bishop of Valencia in 1451, during the Ottoman War.

The Lord God is Lord of all. Whether you recognise him as your Lord or not, he remains your Lord. He is your Lord and mine, he is Lord of sinners and apostates, debauchers and fornicators. He is Lord of the heathen. So shall he turn a blind eye to those who stray from his light? Shall he abandon those poor benighted souls to damnation? Of course not! He will chastise the children that turn from him, for the alternative is condemning them to the eternal fires of hell.

Revelation 15:12-15 tells us. "His eyes were like a fiery flame, and many crowns were on His head. He had a name written that no one knows except Himself. He wore a robe stained with blood,and His name is the Word of God. The armies that were in heaven followed Him on white horses, wearing pure white linen. A sharp sword came from His mouth, so that He might strike the nations with it. He will shepherd them with an iron scepter. He will also trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God, the Almighty."

Our current endeavours are a holy war! A war to save the children of God, for in this we are his instrument, and he will not abandon us. Our enemies shall feel that iron sceptre, they shall run in fear of the armies of heaven for they shall know their sins. Their sins shall weigh them down and hinder their steps and the Lord shall smite them in their panic.

Know this, sons of Aragon, the armies of God shall precede you and sunder his foe. So march forward with courage and the Lord shall deliver thy enemies unto you!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Carlos woke up to hear the cathedral bells ringing. He called for a servant and asked him what was going on.
Sir, the King has honored his alliance with the Venetians. We are now at war with the heathen Turks and their decadent ally, the Tunisians.”

Carlos smiled. They had done it. God’s will be done, he thought. Soon the infidels will be driven from Europe and hopefully the Holy Land. He remembered a quote from an old Latin book he found in his library: Delenda est Carthago.

Carthage must be destroyed.

He opened his chest and dug out a plain sword made from fine Toledo steel. Legend had it that it was passed down from the days of the Roman Empire, from father to son. He would put his fencing skills to the test, finally. The sword had been used in battle against Hannibal, the Visigoths, and the Umayyad Caliphate, yet it was still strong and wouldn’t break easily. He hoped to kill many Turks with the sword. Their false Sultanate of Rum would fall, and the Empire of the Greeks would become a shield, protecting Europe and civilization from heathen and savage assaults from the East.

Arriving at the royal court a couple weeks later, he kneeled before the King, his suit of armor almost shining and otherwise ready for battle.

“Your Majesty, I am ready to do as you wish and join the troops as they smite the Turks. I need not be a general or a ‘commander’ of troops, as you have enough of them, but I wish to fight in the name of God and crusade for the Balkans.”

~Carlos de Leon, Marshal of the Realm

((Every one else is doing narrative scenes for there character, here is mine. :D))

I returned to my house in Abruzzi, I greeted my parents, my fathers hair was mostly gray, as was my mothers, as they were growing old.
"Father, Mother, I am going to fight the Turkish Sultanate, I'll be leading a joint Admiralty with the Venetian Admirals. Together even the feared fleet of the Turks will not stand against us." I said proudly, "I served with the Venitans in the short Byzantine Wars, however Byzantium is but a shadow of the Great Roman Empire it shows, we shall not let the Turks take Constantinople, even though we were enemies for a short time, they are fellow Christians and we must stop the Muslims."

After my speech my father walked into his room and came out with a Sabre, it was a Sabre owned by the Admiral Lucius Aemilius Regillus, of the Roman Empire. "This has been passed down our family since the time of the Romans, I believe you should take it. And vanquish the Carthaginians with it."

I took the Sabre still in great condition even after over a millennium. "I shall use this with honor and defend against the Dirty Muslims. Aragon shall win this war. Christianity shall win this war!"

I strode out of my house with a new confidence, and mounted my house and galloped to the Grand Armada in Palermo.

~Leonardo de Abruzzi, Grand Admiral of the Realm

1451-1455 – Holy War

With the support of most of his court, Joan II accepted the Venetian call to arms and joined in on their war against the Ottomans. Sebastián de Loarre, a recent arrival at court known for being the descendant of the ravishing Lucrezia de Loarre, offered his services as a general, which the King promptly accepted to help fill the ranks of the army leadership. The King also ordered that the fort in Messina be garrisoned again, just in case the Ottomans attempted a naval invasion. With that out of the way, the new General Sebastián de Loarre boarded the fleet with four infantry mercenary regiments and two cavalry regiments to be sent to Greece. Much to the surprise of Joan II, Tunis dishonoured their alliance with the Ottomans, leaving the heathens to fight alone. That was almost as surprising as hearing that Scotland defeated England and snubbed France by arranging for the independence of Normandy instead of handing the provinces over to France.

The first battle of the war was at sea. The Venetians had sent a small fleet into the Aegean, which proved a mistake when a much larger Ottoman one attacked. The Venetian fleet was eliminated, although it was but a small piece of the entire navy. The battle in the Ionian Sea was much more in the Christians’ favour. A combined Aragonese-Venetian fleet clashed outside Achaea. They were soon joined by the Neapolitans and more Venetian ships. The Ottomans didn’t stand a chance. A significant portion of the Ottoman navy was sent to the bottom of the Mediterranean that day.

With the fleet not much of a threat anymore, General de Loarre boldly ordered an attack on the Ottoman capital of Edirne, even though others in the army said he could not take the province. ((I didn’t notice until later that it required 9 regiments to siege)) The Aragonese navy was to remain in the Bosporus to keep any Ottoman troops in Anatolia from crossing over into Greece. With an 11-regiment army spotted on the other shore, this seemed a wise idea. Another 9 regiments were rumoured to be besieging Corfu. Fortunately there was only one regiment in Edirne and it fell easily.

Much to the surprise of Joan II, word reached court that Tunis had managed to win their war with Touggourt. The North African nation was clearly a threat.

At the suggestion of Treasurer John Kendall, war taxes were raised to help rid the kingdom of the monthly deficit it was experiencing. Another sound mind, Leonardo de Abruzzi, realized that the Ottomans had made a fatal mistake by attacking Corfu first. He separated a small navy of three ships to blockade the island, trapping the Ottoman army in enemy territory.

The war was having a negative effect though. So many bright minds had gone east to find glory in the war with the heathens. That left the kingdom in a sort of a slump. Steward Felice Castelozzi did his best to keep things in order.

In June of 1452, an attempt was made on General Lino Adrià María de Agramunt’s life while he was training men outside Valencia. In the midst of a drill, an unknown assailant attempted to stab the general, but de Agramunt was still as sharp as ever and dodged the death blow. He was able to incapacitate his opponent in battle, but not before taking a deep cut to the leg. The wound would take many months to heal and left de Agramant with a slight limp. He’d live, but his days as a general were over. ((Generals seem to die awfully quickly in this game)) As for his assailant, he was given to Alfons de Trastámara for interrogation. Within less than an hour, the Prince managed to get the assassin to reveal that he had been sent by Castile. It took much longer to clear the bloodstains off the dungeon floor and walls.

With the possibility that Castile was preparing for a war with Aragon, Joan II arranged for the alliance between Aragon and Portugal to be restored. He believed that if it came to war, Portugal would side with Aragon as the defender.

With Edirne refusing to fall, all the transport ships were sent back to Aragon to start transporting more troops over to Greece. Three more infantry mercenary regiments were hired back home to bolster the army. Aragon’s enemies were growing stronger, as shown by England’s vassalization of Tyrone.

With such an important role for the navy, the ship-building industry was truly starting to flourish. The one problem was that supplies were short. Several merchants suggested purchasing foreign wood, but when one stated that the best source was Castile, King Joan II declared that he’d sooner have the Aragonese fleet built from rocks than buy wood from Castile. Aragon would manage on its own.

In March of 1453, a plague broke out in the capital of Valencia. The king immediately evacuated the court to the Baleares and quarantined the entire city. He hated to see the city ravaged by disease, but he could not risk the plague spreading.

The spread of plague was almost as infuriating as learning that the Venetians had not sent a single troop to Greece since the start of the war. Ferran de Trastámara, who had signed on with the Venetians, was short on patience as he sat in the wealthy city waiting for the Venetian army to get off its fat ass. If they planned to do it any time soon, he didn’t see any evidence of it.

In August, Naples made the mistake of landing a small army in Anatolia. The Venetians followed their example. Both armies were wiped out. It was as though neither understood tactics at all.

Civil war was brought to England again as the Lancaster and York families decided to have another go at each other. This time the House of York ruled the country instead of the House of Lancaster. Joan II thought it was foolhardy for them to keep fighting over the throne like that. Such a fight over the throne would never happen in Aragon. ((I have no idea why the War of the Roses fired twice, but it’s certainly amusing. :p))

More mercenaries were hired in Aragon, this time with the intent of increasing the forces at home in case of war with Castile. The army at home reached 15,000 men, and also brought up the total size of the army to its pre-Castilian-war level. This put some strain on the economy, which was offset by mothballing the fort in Messina. The Ottomans weren’t breaking the blockade any time soon, so Sicily was safe for now.

In March of 1454, Edirne finally fell. This opened the way for the Aragonese army under General de Loarre’s command to rampage through Ottoman territory. Kirkkilise fell next, followed by Silistre and Nigbolu. Naples even managed to take Yanya, better known as Epirus.

While the war was going well, things at home weren’t so much. The peasants were getting uppity again, and Joan II feared another uprising with half the army in Greece. He agreed to spend some funds on alleviating their burden, funds the treasury did not have. Treasurer John Kendall nearly tore his hair out try to arrange a loan to cover the losses.

By July, Venice finally made a major appearance. They attacked the Ottoman army stationed in Elbasan, or Albania. Finally, Ferran de Trastámara had a chance to experience some action. He participated in the initial attack, where waves of pikemen swarmed at the enemy. The Ottomans had similar numbers, but their leadership was lacking. It was a strange experience, very different from his battles in Italy. These Ottomans yelled at the Venetians in a barbaric tongue and fought with a fanatical ferocity. Ferran could respect their fighting skills, if not their religious beliefs. Despite that, the Venetian had the upper hand and forced the Ottomans to retreat.

General de Loarre received word of this retreat and decided to intervene. He ordered his army south to Selanik, where the enemy army had retreated. By this point the Ottoman army was exhausted and severely outmatched. The Aragonese smashed against them like an unstoppable wave, crushing them utterly. Greece was completely open now, but de Loarre decided to remove the last fort in the region at Selanik first.

The Christian alliance continued to make progress. Naples took Kesriye for Aragon, while Venice moved into Uskup and later Tirhala. The Ottoman names of these provinces were rough on the tongue and Joan II wanted nothing more than to Christianize them.

In April of 1455, Venice and Naples decided to make a bold attack. They crossed over into Corfu to attack the trapped army there. The Christians certainly had the numbers, something that Ferran de Trastámara appreciated. The crossing over onto the island was tense, with the men rushing out of their boats and onto the shore to face the heathen foe. The enemy was pinned though, facing superior numbers. They broke after multiple assaults, but had nowhere to go. Reminiscent of crusades of the past, Ferran revelled in the slaughter of heathens. God was with them today.

Selanik fell at the start of July, presenting Joan II with an interesting dilemma. The Ottomans were defeated, there was no doubt about that with Greece wide open. However, there was a bitter taste in his mouth after the last war alongside Venice. The Venetians had arranged a peace without considering Aragon’s involvement. He would not allow that to happen again. When rumours arose that Venice was considering a peace just for Albania, Joan II knew he had to act. He had the assurances of his military advisors that the Ottoman army was not strong enough to contest the Venetians now, and that the Venetians could hold their own at sea. With that in mind, Joan II sent a peace offer to the Ottomans. They would cede Epirus to Aragon, rekindling the kingdom’s old presence in the region, as well as return two provinces to the Byzantines. Joan II had always felt guilty about the earlier war with the Byzantines, but now he could revive the Christian nation against Ottoman aggression. He also made sure that the Ottomans paid Aragon a war indemnity, since the economy was floundering with such a large army raised. This let him pay off the loan Aragon had acquired. Now Aragon had a chance to recover.

The end of the Ottoman War, at least for Aragon, just happened to coincide with a Portuguese adventure into North Africa. Portugal had decided to test out its new alliance and ask Aragon to join their war against Morocco. This did present the possibility of war against Granada as well, which fit Aragonese interests, that is if their ally did not screw them over in the process or Granada abandoned Morocco like Tunis had the Ottomans. The king would need to consult his court on this one.

((Now for a bunch of random information to help with plans and to tell everyone know how we’re doing because I’m too lazy to write a narrative for it. :D))

Presenting His Majesty, Joan II de Trastámara, King of Aragon, Naples, and Navarra.

We stand before you today proud in our kingdom and our people. After our somewhat disastrous war with the Castilians, who would have thought we would ever achieve such a momentous victory so shortly after. We have shown the heathens of the east that we Aragonese are not ones to be trifled with, and that to fight with us or any of our Christian brethren will bring the wrath of God down upon them. Not only have we defeated them, but we have strengthened the Byzantines. Once they stood as a gateway to the Christian world, a gate that was bashed open by the heathen Ottomans. Perhaps now they can be restored to their former glory, maybe even under the guidance of Aragon and the holy Church in Rome. Only time will tell.

Now we are faced with yet another decision. The Portuguese, who we have allied as a defensive measure against the Castilians, have asked us to join them in a war with Morocco. While we do not appreciate being used by our allies so often, this is yet another chance to bring down the heathens. The fact that Granada may join alongside Morocco is yet another incentive to come to their aid. We will leave it up to the court to help decide if we should honour such a call-to-arms. May Aragon continue to prosper for many years to come.

((We are officially voting on the call-to-arms now, in this format:

Honour Portuguese Call-to-arms: Yes/No/Abstain

You have until Wednesday at 12pm PST to vote, and all ministers have until that time to propose their plans. Assume these plans are for when the war is over or for if we do not go to war. Ministers may also include conditions to be followed in the result of war. Remember that now all plans will be considered automatically passed 48 hours after they’re posted if no one openly objects to them, so if you don’t like them say so. Please bold your vote and include your character name and class.))

Reactions:
((Just as a suggestion, why not add retired generals back into the game, and count it as a promotion? Perhaps a 9 pip general who "retires" may, in fact, get a promotion to a 10 or 11 pip general, based on his achievements. This way the whole everyone-dying debacle can be avoided and replaced instead with a stable promotion system which gives experienced commanders more skill. If this were added, I would be fine not asking for my retirement to be retconned, although I'm not really sure that de Agramunt would be so fazed by a limp! Generals who die in battle would genuinely be dead, however.))

5WTecEg.png

To His Royal Majesty and the Court,

God is with us! May the Lord bless the Kingdom of Aragon for being the first Christian nation in a century to drive back the Turk.

His Holiness expresses his gratitude and blessings. Deus Vult!

~Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

The cardinal leads a celebratory mass at the Vatican for the Christian victory. Thousands of pilgrims flocked to Rome over the next few weeks to give their thanks. Many toasts and prayers to King Joan were made.

And Fernando's influence inside the Vatican was growing...

Luca was restocking his boat at Lisbon when he had known the news. Having left the port of Bordeaux only a couple of days ago, he was slow to register the news; he had just gotten used to seeing French everywhere. A regiment of Portuguese soldiers marched past. He picked up a nearby newspaper (written in Portuguese, but he could vaguely understand it due to the similarity to Spanish and Catalan) and saw that it mentioned Aragon potentially joining along with her in a war... with Morocco? The relative luck of the situation was also convenient: Granada held an alliance with the heathens, and with luck Granada would join them. This opportunity was too hard to miss...

To His Majesty Joan de Trastàmara, King of Aragon, Sicily, Sardinia, Naples, and Navarra, Despot of Epirus, King of the Baleares:

I, as of right now, am docking in Lisbon to restock on crucial supplies, with my son Ernst. As soon as I heard about the Portuguese going to war with Morocco, saw a golden opportunity. Granada is allied with Morocco, and (potentially) we can drive out the Moors before the Castellanos can. There is also a chance that we could start a colony like the Portuguese one in Sibtah (Ceuta), Morocco. The Portuguese have sent a call to arms already... and I support that. I will return as soon as I finish stocking up here.

With regards,
Luca Heinrich Lübecker

((I was about to add here that my character almost got drafted into the Portuguese army. :mad:))

Luca was restocking his boat at Lisbon when he had known the news. Having left the port of Bordeaux only a couple of days ago, he was slow to register the news; he had just gotten used to seeing French everywhere. A regiment of Portuguese soldiers marched past. He picked up a nearby newspaper (written in Portuguese, but he could vaguely understand it due to the similarity to Spanish and Catalan) and saw that it mentioned Aragon potentially joining along with her in a war... with Morocco? The relative luck of the situation was also convenient: Granada held an alliance with the heathens, and with luck Granada would join them. This opportunity was too hard to miss...

To His Majesty Joan de Trastàmara, King of Aragon, Sicily, Sardinia, Naples, and Navarra, Despot of Epirus, King of the Baleares:

I, as of right now, am docking in Lisbon to restock on crucial supplies, with my son Ernst. As soon as I heard about the Portuguese going to war with Morocco, saw a golden opportunity. Granada is allied with Morocco, and (potentially) we can drive out the Moors before the Castellanos can. There is also a chance that we could start a colony like the Portuguese one in Sibtah (Ceuta), Morocco. The Portuguese have sent a call to arms already... and I support that. I will return as soon as I finish stocking up here.

With regards,
Luca Heinrich Lübecker

((I was about to add here that my character almost got drafted into the Portuguese army. :mad:))

((Newspaper? The printing press was just invented :D:D:D:D))

mhmpSe5.png

God be praised for this magnificent victory! All Christendom rejoices this day!

I believe it is necessary to build trust with our new Portuguese friends. With all Iberia united against the moor I cannot see this war posing any difficulty.

Honour Portuguese Call-to-arms: Yes

However word has reached me that our missions in Greece are making little headway. They lack the peaceful environment, copies of the bible, manpower and more. If we cannot even succeed in making converts amongst our fellow Christians, how can we expect to convert heathens? I would therefore counsel that, whilst strenuous efforts be made to prevent the Castillans taking any more land, we should not take direct control of any heathen land at this time. A hotbed of sedition and rebellion is the last thing Aragon needs on her home soil.

Alejandro Sastre
Bishop of Valencia
[Landed Clergy]

((
((Just as a suggestion, why not add retired generals back into the game, and count it as a promotion? Perhaps a 9 pip general who "retires" may, in fact, get a promotion to a 10 or 11 pip general, based on his achievements. This way the whole everyone-dying debacle can be avoided and replaced instead with a stable promotion system which gives experienced commanders more skill.))

I like this, but number of pips assigned is already a bit high imo, 12 pips with 20 AT is unrealistic. Perhaps if we reduced the number of pips given in the original roll and then implemented this?))

Reactions: