• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Steward's plan: Si
Treasurer's plan: Si
Grandmaster's plan: Si
Marshal's plan: Si
Court Chaplain's plan: Si

Artisan support act: No
La Guàrdia Real: Si
Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: Si

We should spend our efforts and energy getting closer to God, not fattening the pockets of Jewish artisans, merchants, and bankers.

-Bishop Fernando de Vasconal, Court Chaplain of the Kingdom of Aragon

[Clergy]

Last edited:
Steward's plan: Yes
Treasurer's plan: Yes
Grandmaster's plan: Yes
Marshal's plan: Yes
Court Chaplain's plan: Yes

Whilst this is a worthy cause indeed, and one I hope we return to, I feel the more pressing matter is His Majesties realm of Naples. The neapolitan nobility already chafe at a foreign king and as further unity is sought between the crowns, many kickbacks and privileges will need to be provided. Unsavoury as such a situation is, it would leave our realms resources stretched to undertake this project simultaneously.

La Guàrdia Real: No
His Majesty is a most capable warrior, leading our armies wherever they march. As such, surely the whole army is his guard?

Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: Yes

- Alejandro Sastre [Unlanded Clergy]

Last edited:
((Class - Unlanded Noble)

Grandmaster's plan: Abstain
Court Chaplain's plan: Abstain

Artisan support act: Yes
La Guàrdia Real: Yes

Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: Abstain

Navarra: War, for let us do evil that good may come.

Allies: Portugal/France, with allies with reasons to hate Castile, we can safely attack as soon as possible.

War: Castile, a quick early strike may yield dividends later.

((OOC Vote: Abstain))

Amended Forts Law: Yes

I know little of the ways of the merchants and the clergy bar the basics, and so I leave those matters to those better suited to voting on them, but I have studied the ways of war a curious volume known as the Strategikon, by an author from the Empire of the Greeks, so I do feel comfortable voting on military matters.

Long Live the King!

--- Renato Limmona

Last edited:
Steward's plan: Abstain

Artisan support act: Abstain

-Erik Inge
Courtier

Who would want to say "no" to the plans of our own King?

Marshal's plan: No
While we definitely need an increase in our army size, I fear that the inflationary use of cavalry would put us at the very edge of bankruptcy, especially in the times of war. As I've heard back when I studied in the Swiss realms, a normal army just needs 2'000 horsemen since our generals on the field mostly use them for flanking purposes.
Marshal Cristòfor, I hope you understand my doubts about your plans and express my deepest apologies for voting no.

((To say it in in-game language: Because cav is 2.5x more expensive than infantry, countries with such mediocre income - pardon my King, should you happen to read through the brackets - as ours can get into heavy debts when they rely on cav-heavy armies. And because the AI priorizes cav for flanking where they do extra damage, it's generally useful to use just as many needed for that purpose and not more to boost the income. Though, cav too deals more damage than inf even when not flanking, so if we can truly afford it...))

Artisan Support Act: Yes
While I agree with Alejandro Sastre that the people of Naples need attention of our king, I do believe that they can't yet be integrated into our realm. Also, we need to eclipse the Castillians in every aspect, and boosting our production and trade income by strengthening our best trade goods seems like a noble plan to start with!

La Guàrdia Real: No
I am unable not to agree with Mr Sastre. The king just doesn't need personal defence with his truly outstanding fighting abilities.

- Joseph von Thun
Courtier

Moncada-Spain.jpg

"I thank our lord, the King, for granting me our ancestal lands of Girona. I promise His Majesty that I would guard them well for him and would repay his trust with zealous service, as a good vassal should. I am fully in support of the proposals of the Crown and its noble advisors"

~ En Bernat de Moncada, Count of Girona

[Noble]

((Class: Noble))

Treasurers plan: Yes
Grandmasters plan: Yes

Your loyal servant,
Felipé de Alvaro

((I've been told that I should better enforce the policy on how to format posts by some veterans. It should make it a lot easier for me. I basically need your character name and class included with the vote. If you are an unlanded noble or clergy, point that out too since that does affect your voting power. I have everyone sorted in the character roster to better show who has land and who doesn't. Of course, bold your votes as always. Also, if you change your vote later, please state so in your edited post or make a new ballot. I won't chew your head off if you miss something, but it makes things a lot easier for me if you do things properly. Thanks everyone. :)))

Your Majesty,

it is such a bliss to see Your council so eager to lead the troops in Your glory. I do not think it will be necessary, but should the need arise, Your Highness can also count on my support. Though as the ranks of youthful generals are filled, I would be honoured to take the command of Your Majesty's mighty royal fortress in Valencia to defend it in times of need. ((No in-game effect.))

As of the council's plans, they combine very well with Your Highness' wisdom.
Steward's plan: Abstain
While this proposal only has benefits, it comes at a cost. As there is no rebellion in sight, I don't hold it for necessary, but wouldn't vote against it.

((Maybe courtiers can take the role of advisors later, when some are hired? And benefit from more voting power plus something depending on their type, as make a suggestion about their specialty?))

Grandmaster's plan: Abstain

The matters of trade should be left to those who know what they are doing. I don't count myself as such.

If affordable, this seems a good composition.

With His Holiness' blessing, I am sure You will overcome Your foes.

Artisan Support Act: No
While a good suggestion, the cost seems excessive. We may aid the artisans when the current status allows it, but not generalize it.

La Guàrdia Real: Abstain

Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: Abstain

As with the Grandmaster's plan, the merchants can advise Your Highness better than I can in trade matters.

Your humble servant,

Felice Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

My lord here is my opinion on the plans of other council members and the laws that they have proposed:
Disagreeing with myself wouldn't be wise. So I see no other option.

With war over the horizon our armies need all the funds they can get, so this is a definitive yes. This is also good since we do not know if we will be the ones to start the war or will it be the Castilians.

While I think that cities superior to other types of holdings ((getting a bit CK2 in this statement :p)) I do not know much about the secrets of trade so I'm going to trust our grandmaster and his knowledge in this field.

Marshal's plan: Abstain
I can not decide if this is a good plan or a bad plan. I feel that the amount of cavalry units is too much, but I do feel that increase of our armed forces is needed, that is why I'm going to hold on my vote.

I don't want to comment on this one, even though that I'm not the most pious but I don't want to make an enemy out of the church.

I of course support my own law, and hearing other nobles, clergy and courtiers, I wish to clarify something, this is not supposed to be done in few months, or even few years. It is a long term plan that is supposed to be realized over several decades. I imagine your reaction was based upon it being an instant development while all I meant is a long term increase in production of Aragonese goods.

While our beloved king is a very brave man and I'm sure that he will manage himself quite well, one can never be too sure about plots and intrigues going on, and a trusted protection is a very wise choice.

We need to give our merchants an edge in trading. Why would we tread foreign traders the same way as our own. I do know that there are many people fleeing to our court some of them can be treated as our brothers and sisters, since they lived here so long. But the ones only arriving to our nation for trade should be treated in other way than our own merchants.

- Arturo de Valencia, count of Zaragoza and Steward of kingdom of Aragon, Naples (landed noble)

Treasurer's plan: Ye

From yours truly,
Jaume Cristòfor, Count of Barcelona & Marshal of the Realm

Esteban Iglesia y Maig

Been a long ass time since I have played EUIV, but this looks interesting so I will join, I will sort out my character detail tomorrow, (I shall claim the province of Messina.) anything else I should know?

Character:

Name: Diego De La Vega
Date of Birth: 1424
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholicism
Bio: Diego is well known for his master of the skills of intrigue and finances. Born to his father and a Italian serving maid, he was legitimized on his father's deathbed only two years ago, after his two brothers had died in mysterious circumstances. His quick mind and understanding of court intrigue and finances should serve him well in the years to come, and he is intent on making sure that Aragon survives the years to follow, by whatever means necessary. Diego recently married a local Italian beauty by the name of Claudia in 1443, and has had one child by her, a son named Alfonso.

Titles/Positions (as of 1444): Count of Messina
Successor (as of 1444): Alfonso De La Vega (age 0)

Last edited:
Been a long ass time since I have played EUIV, but this looks interesting so I will join, I will sort out my character detail tomorrow, (I shall claim the province of Messina.) anything else I should know?

((Other than what's in the rules, probably not. You can always ask anything if you have questions. The rules are constantly adjusting though as I fix things up, so who knows what will change. I'll reserve Messina for you, and glad to have you along. :)))

((Courtier))

Your Grace,

My thanks again for your interest in my opinion. My response to the proposals are as follows:

• Steward's plan: Yes
  • Treasurer's plan: Yes
  • Grandmaster's plan: Yes
  • Marshal's plan: Yes
  • Court Chaplain's plan: Yes
  • Artisan support act: Yes
  • La Guàrdia Real: Abstain
  • Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: Yes

Yours dutifully,
John Kendall
Kendall Trading

((@Marschalk - Bah! Write yourself into Nobility and take the province of Girona for yourself will you!? Heh just kidding, fair enough. Initially I thought I'd only be able to take part on a more casual basis so only wrote myself in as a Courtier.))

My Lord Count De Moncada of Girona,

I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to you on being appointed to the position of Count of Girona.

I truly hope such an influential man as yourself is already aware of me, but in any case I would like to assure you, as a resident of Girona, that I hope we can establish a relationship which is not only beneficial to our King and the Kingdom of Aragon, but to our region, and of course each other.

Do not hesitate to send word to me in Girona if I can be of assistance to you.

Yours truly,
John Kendall
Kendall Trading

My King, as the count of Messina, I now present my opinions on the following matters that are showing themselves in the royal court.

Navarra: (War) Aragon needs to prove itself capable of being able to consolidate its own power, as well as showing its military might,

Allies: (Portugal and France) Portugal would be a strong ally, given that they border Castille, and they have strong trade links which would benefit our fledgling nation, France is also another good option given their military strength, however they might see fit to attack us at any given time, given the fact that they are well known for assimilating smaller nations to increase their own power. My spies within the court will tell you more, once we have more solid information to go on.

Tunis (War) It would be wise to strike a further blow against the Muslims in this region, both to acquire land and to improve your own prestige.

(OOC Vote: Raise the leader limit and add in player generals using the console) (Yes)

Steward's plan: (Yes)
Treasurer's plan: (Yes)
Grandmaster's plan: (Yes)
Marshal's plan: (Yes)
Court Chaplain's plan: (Yes)

La Guàrdia Real: (Yes)
Tariff Laws and Protection of Merchants: (Yes)

All of theses plans/ideas, are excellent and have a solid idea behind them, they shall have my full support.

187px-Escudo_de_la_Provincia_de_Alicante.svg.png

I must declare a sort of agreement with the good Bishop de Vasconal- whilst the goods of the estates are important, should we not enlist, perhaps, a kind of loyalty or even a more direct return from these recipients of His Majesty's good will? What I mean to say is that we would do well to suggest an increased centralization in any province recipient to this Artisan support, should His Majesty decide in his manner that the proposal shalt stand as a Royal Decree.
Lino Adrià María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante

[Noble]

Last edited:
((@Marschalk - Bah! Write yourself into Nobility and take the province of Girona for yourself will you!? Heh just kidding, fair enough. Initially I thought I'd only be able to take part on a more casual basis so only wrote myself in as a Courtier.))

((I even felt bad about giving Girona away, since I know you wanted it so badly. :oops:))

187px-Escudo_de_la_Provincia_de_Alicante.svg.png

I must declare a sort of agreement with the good Bishop de Vasconal- whilst the goods of the estates are important, should we not enlist, perhaps, a kind of loyalty or even a more direct return from these recipients of His Majesty's good will? What I mean to say is that we would do well to suggest an increased centralization in any province recipient to this Artisan support, should His Majesty decide in his manner that the proposal shalt stand as a Royal Decree.
Lino Adrià María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante

[Noble]

((I'm not quite sure what you mean by centralization. Do you mean the noble of the specific provinces or even the king decides whether to develop the specific provinces?

Also, I've been doing even more thinking and have decided to expand what courtiers can do even more. Since the possibility of them being governors is remote at the moment with no colonies, I'm going to add the ability for courtiers to serve as envoys at court. Basically I'll mod the names of the envoys in-game to have them represent certain courtiers, at least for diplomats, merchants, and colonists. Obviously missionaries are entirely separate. These positions would be for life, but obviously aren't inherited. Think of them as like how the bishoprics work, but without an associated province. Any courtier in one of these positions would have a boost to voting power, but cannot serve as generals (we can't have our diplomats leading men into battle). They will also lose this position if granted a noble title, since I want to limit these roles to courtiers. Hopefully this makes being a courtier a bit more exciting. Also thanks for putting up with me constantly adding things. I want this to be perfect and fun for everyone. :)))

((Given that Coups are all peaceful, and presumably palace coups, how about giving courtiers +1 vote in them? along with councillors/ministers?
On the subject of Coups, are military ones going to be a thing if we assign generals to armies?))