• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My lord,
I write to you to voice my opinion on the matters of politics in your glorious kingdom. I think that we should subjugate the petty kingdom (if we can even call rulers of that land kings comparing them to You my lord) of Navarra. Either they will bend the knee or face the wrath of Aragonese armies. Of course I would prefer if they would see that there is no point fighting our mighty armies, but if it comes to war I would gladly lead the vanguard against them. I also think that if possible we should declare an alliance with the French. It might be also wise to ally with the king of Portugal. I was also thinking about our possibilities of expansion in the Northern Africa. Gaining control of the city of Tunis might give us enormous advantage. Another direction of our expansion should be against Provence. Their control over strategic province in this region is giving them great mercantile advantage, we should seize it for Aragon. As for our rivals Castille is an obvious choice, others should include Genoa, and possibly England.
Your humble subject-
Arturo de Valencia

Last edited:
My king! *Erik Approaches the king and trestles*, I just want to express my gratitude for bringing me up together with Ferrente, and not kicking me out of court. On other matters, I find the new council interesting. Its a good step into the future, may this idea make our state flourish and prosper. I just want to come with an suggestion to make trade flourish in the Kingdom. I suggest bringing up the matter of taking the important city of Provence to the council, the city is one of the most prosperous trade cities in the Mediterranean and sits upon the important river Rhone. We know the French have ambitions to take the city, thus blocking us from important trade income in our region and hurting our kingdom. I plead you, even though I hate heathens more, to take the city before it will block our kingdom from this region. Thats all my king *Erik trestles again and leaves*

((It is ok for us normal courtiers to suggest or advise about declaring war or doing other stuff if it is in our interest? Even though it is normally tasks for the the council?))

My Great Lord,
It is my humble opinion that the petty "kingdom" of Navarra should be subjugated to increase our power on the peninsula against the castillians, aswell as securing a strategic alliance with the french, altough, I might add, at a time deemed suitable, perhaps when the french are more consolidated? Anyhow, it is in my opinion that we should have good relations with the french regardless. We could also perhaps conquer the heathen provinces of Granada, before the castillians move in. This would give us a strategic advantage into advancing into northern Africa.
Regarding trade, I also believe we should secure the important province of Provence, aswell as the city of Tunis at a later date, to be used as a springboard into the rest of Africa. Relations with Naples, our loyal vassal, should also be taken into consideration. A strong presence on the Italian Peninsula is vital to increase our tradepower aswell as quite prestigious, regarding the ancient city of Rome.

Your loyal subject, Felipé de Alvaro

Last edited:
Your Grace Alfons V,
While these nobles may talk about subjugating the Kingdom of Navarra, it is simply foolish to attack such a minor nation! If we truly want to show the Castilian bastards that we are the true power in Iberia, we must subjugate and convert the dirty heathens that still plague the Peninsula! The Emirate of Granada must be conquered, and the Reconquista must finally be finished! While allying with France is a good idea in the short run, I fear that they may claim our rightful province of Roussillon if we are not careful enough, and they may also drag us into one of their petty wars with England.

So, I suggest we ally with the Pope in order to truly show our faithfulness to God Himself, and we should probably also ally with Portugal in order to flank the Castilianson two fronts once we declare war on them (which I hope we do soon enough.)

From yours truly,
Jaume Cristòfor

Let us try this ! I'm suprised no one took the Borgias yet so I'll take them :p

Name: Jofré Llançol de Borja
Date of Birth: 1390
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholicism
Bio: The House of Borja is a noble house originated from the town of Borja near Zaragoza. Following the Reconquista they settled near Valencia where they hold several minor baronies and lands. The house has somehow gained great influence in the Church with the cousin of Jofré, Alfonso elevated cardinal in the curia a few months ago. He also has dedicated his first son Rodrigo to Church affairs and he hopes for him to follow the steps of his uncle in Roma. He does not fear for his lineage since he has a second son Pedro Luis fated to inherit his father's position.
Jofré is a deeply conservative man with a pious character. He sees Granada as an abomination that needs to be purged from Iberia as soon as possible. But he sees the increasing power of Castile as a problem that needs to be tamed.

Reactions:
Name: John Kendall
Date of Birth: 29th September 1416
Class: Courtier (English Merchant/Refugee)
Faction: N/A
Religion: Catholic

Bio:
The youngest of 4 brothers, Kendall was ostracised and exiled by his landholding family in England after the tragic death of his older brother Edward. Accused of his brother’s murder (but never given a trial and thus never found formally guilty), Kendall was forced to flee via ship with the help of an Aragonese merchant friend, Sergi Giro.

Kendall made his way to Aragon with Giro, eventually settling down in the province of Girona (the home of Giro). Taking advantage of his formal education in England (along with Giro’s contacts and knowledge of the local area and language), he set up a successful trading company operating out of the city of Girona and the small coastal town of Palafrugell, making the most out of the relative lack of competition compared to Aragon’s larger trading settlements.

Kendall married the daughter of an influential Barceloni landholder, Anna (née Cató), and has a 5 year old son, Enric. The marriage has furthered Kendall’s influence in the region, and ensured that the Kendall trading name is well-known across the west Mediterranean.

Through his dealings, Kendall has garnered a reputation for shrewd business and some of his competitors (both current and former) regard/ed him as having a somewhat devious streak.

((Is Girona available? Would John Kendall be allowed to have any influence over it?))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Is Girona available? Would John Kendall be allowed to have any influence over it?))

((Let me answer instead of GM, if you don't mind. You will be given a county only after all the noble get one, at least I believe it works like that. So if some noble requests it you won't be getting it. Also come on people we need some clergy over here!))

Reactions:
((Let me answer instead of GM, if you don't mind. You will be given a county only after all the noble get one, at least I believe it works like that. So if some noble requests it you won't be getting it. Also come on people we need some clergy over here!))

((Fair enough.))

Last edited:
Your Majesty Alfonso,

the current political situation does present a lot of options, depending on what Your Highness wishes to accomplish. Of all the nations who have declared us their rivals, we obviously share the same feeling towards Castile. Spain might be in de Trastamara hands, but not in the right ones. We will have to force king Juan to recognize Your supremacy in due time. But as of Juan of Navarra, I appeal to Your Highness not to heed the advice of His more bellicose subjects. Faced with the might of Your kingdom, Juan will be more inclined to bend the knee, relinquishing his title as king of Navarra to You in exchange for protection. This way, we might not anger our neighbours. This brings me to our other options: England has declared us their rival, and I feel we should do the same. Holding Basque Labourd, that land would make a valuable addition to Navarra, bringing more negotiatable options to make them Your vassal and satisfy all they can want. It also would bring us closer to France, in which I agree would make a natural ally against Castile.
An alliance would also open the way to Marseille ((Please do not call Provence a city :(.)), which would surely widen our grasp on the Western Mediterranean trade. Savoy or Milan would also prove helpful against Provence, but involve us in Northern Italian politics. While under the protection of the emperor, it would probably be wise to secure Naples first before developing more ambitions there. But we may also declare Genoa our rival, so that we have a good reason to embargo their traders and have it flow to Aragon instead. I also agree that we should ally the Holy Father and be the foremost protector of Christendom in the South; Castile didn't manage to end the reconquista, so we should take their role if they fail in it again. Severing the infidel trade routes through seizing Tunis would make a valuable addition.
But for all our ambitions in the East of Your Highness' kingdom, the biggest threat remains Castile. As such, an alliance with Portugal, while promising against the Infidel, could be of no use. Having fought together against the Infidel, the Portuguese would only come to our help in case of Castillian aggression, which may not happen if we play our cards right. More probable is that Portugal would assist Castile against our rightful quest to assert our dominance. We must brace ourselves for the inevitable, but should see to gain support elsewhere. If Castile seeks a Burgundian alliance to counter our eventual French one, we might look for Austrian support.
But I trust that Your Majesty will make the right choices. I would gladly support You as chancellor of the realm, should You have any interest in more of my deliberations.

Your humble servant,
Felice Castelozzi

Last edited:
"Your Grace,

May your wisdom and power be felt across the continent of Europe! In order for the Kingdom to properly display such power as well as gain favor with the Bishop of Rome, I do believe that the best course of action would be to attack the wealthy Emirate of Granada. The Emir is weak and his heir weaker with very few ships and men to properly defend the Emirate.

It is known that the Castilians have a truce with the Emir so they cannot press their claims immediately upon the Emirate. I believe the best course of action will be to conquer the Emirate before the Castilians in order to consolidate a position on the peninsula.

Not only that, but in order to protect our strategic interests in the north, I believe it would be best to proclaim a guarantee of the sovereignty of the 'Kingdom' of Navarra and possibly pursue vassalization rather than conquest. This option would also spare the blood of good Aragonese men from spilling on even more Iberian soil than is necessary.

As for other diplomatic means, I believe an alliance with the French and Portuguese could be critical in securing defensive (and in the future, offensive) relationships to protect against the ambitious Castilians.

As for a declaration of our rivals, I would suggest the Castilians, English, and Burgundians since they have been so bold as to declare us their own rivals.

Dutifully serving Your Majesty,
Ioannes Kontostephanos
"

Name: Ramón de Montcada
Date of Birth: 1413
Class: Clergy (Prelate of the Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem)
Religion: Catholic (duh)

Bio: The de Montcada have been members of the knights for almost 200 years. Rámon devoted his life to church services from the age of 5. Being the youngest of three brothers, entering the clergical branch of the order was only logical since there was no title waiting for him. During his years of servitude he was promoted as a Knight of Justice to reward his loyalty. He currently advises His Majesty Alfons V on behalf of the great prior of Amposta.

The natural choice for a knight of St. John would be to humbly petition for the province of Malta.

((I know that the knights exist as a nation ingame, but since there were knights in all countries of Europe, I thought it would be interesting to participate as a member of the order. If you don't like it, just refuse the application.))

Reactions:
My lord,
I write to you to voice my opinion on the matters of politics in your glorious kingdom. I think that we should subjugate the petty kingdom (if we can even call rulers of that land kings comparing them to You my lord) of Navarra. I also think that if possible we should Declare an alliance with the French. It might be also wise to ally with the king of Portugal. I was also thinking about our possibilities of expansion in the Northern Africa. Gaining control of the city of Tunis might give us enormous advantage.
Your humble subject-
Arturo de Valencia

My king! *Erik Approaches the king and trestles*, I just want to express my gratitude for bringing me up together with Ferrente, and not kicking me out of court. On other matters, I find the new council interesting. Its a good step into the future, may this idea make our state flourish and prosper. I just want to come with an suggestion to make trade flourish in the Kingdom. I suggest bringing up the matter of taking the important city of Provence to the council, the city is one of the most prosperous trade cities in the Mediterranean and sits upon the important river Rhone. We know the French have ambitions to take the city, thus blocking us from important trade income in our region and hurting our kingdom. I plead you, even though I hate heathens more, to take the city before it will block our kingdom from this region. Thats all my king *Erik trestles again and leaves*

((It is ok for us normal courtiers to suggest or advise about declaring war or doing other stuff if it is in our interest? Even though it is normally tasks for the the council?))

My Great Lord,
It is my humble opinion that the petty "kingdom" of Navarra should be subjugated to increase our power on the peninsula against the castillians, aswell as securing a strategic alliance with the french, altough, I might add, at a time deemed suitable, perhaps when the french are more consolidated? Anyhow, it is in my opinion that we should have good relations with the french regardless. We could also perhaps conquer the heathen provinces of Granada, before the castillians move in. This would give us a strategic advantage into advancing into northern Africa.
Regarding trade, I also believe we should secure the important province of Provence, aswell as the city of Tunis at a later date, to be used as a springboard into the rest of Africa. Relations with Naples, our loyal vassal, should also be taken into consideration. A strong presence on the Italian Peninsula is vital to increase our tradepower aswell as quite prestigious, regarding the ancient city of Rome.

Your loyal subject, Felipé de Alvaro

Your Grace Alfons V,
While these nobles may talk about subjugating the Kingdom of Navarra, it is simply foolish to attack such a minor nation! If we truly want to show the Castilian bastards that we are the true power in Iberia, we must subjugate and convert the dirty heathens that still plague the Peninsula! The Emirate of Granada must be conquered, and the Reconquista must finally be finished! While allying with France is a good idea in the short run, I fear that they may claim our rightful province of Roussillon if we are not careful enough, and they may also drag us into one of their petty wars with England.

So, I suggest we ally with the Pope in order to truly show our faithfulness to God Himself, and we should probably also ally with Portugal in order to flank the Castilianson two fronts once we declare war on them (which I hope we do soon enough.)

From yours truly,
Jaume Cristòfor

Your Majesty Alfonso,

the current political situation does present a lot of options, depending on what Your Highness wishes to accomplish. Of all the nations who have declared us their rivals, we obviously share the same feeling towards Castile. Spain might be in de Trastamara hands, but not in the right ones. We will have to force king Juan to recognize Your supremacy in due time. But as of Juan of Navarra, I appeal to Your Highness not to heed the advice of His more bellicose subjects. Faced with the might of Your kingdom, Juan will be more inclined to bend the knee, relinquishing his title as king of Navarra to You in exchange for protection. This way, we might not anger our neighbours. This brings me to our other options: England has declared us their rival, and I feel we should do the same. Holding Basque Labourd, that land would make a valuable addition to Navarra, bringing more negotiatable options to make them Your vassal and satisfy all they can want. It also would bring us closer to France, in which I agree would make a natural ally against Castile.
An alliance would also open the way to Marseille ((Please do not call Provence a city :(.)), which would surely widen our grasp on the Western Mediterranean trade. Savoy or Milan would also prove helpful against Provence, but involve us in Northern Italian politics. While under the protection of the emperor, it would probably be wise to secure Naples first before developing more ambitions there. But we may also declare Genoa our rival, so that we have a good reason to embargo their traders and have it flow to Aragon instead. I also agree that we should ally the Holy Father and be the foremost protector of Christendom in the South; Castile didn't manage to end the reconquista, so we should take their role if they fail in it again. Severing the infidel trade routes through seizing Tunis would make a valuable addition.
But for all our ambitions in the East of Your Highness' kingdom, the biggest threat remains Castile. As such, an alliance with Portugal, while promising against the Infidel, could be of no use. Having fought together against the Infidel, the Portuguese would only come to our help in case of Castillian aggression, which may not happen if we play our cards right. More probable is that Portugal would assist Castile against our rightful quest to assert our dominance. We must brace ourselves for the inevitable, but should see to gain support elsewhere. If Castile seeks a Burgundian alliance to counter our eventual French one, we might look for Austrian support.
But I trust that Your Majesty will make the right choices. I would gladly support You as chancellor of the realm, should You have any interest in more of my deliberations.

Your humble servant,
Felice Castelozzi

"Your Grace,

May your wisdom and power be felt across the continent of Europe! In order for the Kingdom to properly display such power as well as gain favor with the Bishop of Rome, I do believe that the best course of action would be to attack the wealthy Emirate of Granada. The Emir is weak and his heir weaker with very few ships and men to properly defend the Emirate.

It is known that the Castilians have a truce with the Emir so they cannot press their claims immediately upon the Emirate. I believe the best course of action will be to conquer the Emirate before the Castilians in order to consolidate a position on the peninsula.

Not only that, but in order to protect our strategic interests in the north, I believe it would be best to proclaim a guarantee of the sovereignty of the 'Kingdom' of Navarra and possibly pursue vassalization rather than conquest. This option would also spare the blood of good Aragonese men from spilling on even more Iberian soil than is necessary.

As for other diplomatic means, I believe an alliance with the French and Portuguese could be critical in securing defensive (and in the future, offensive) relationships to protect against the ambitious Castilians.

As for a declaration of our rivals, I would suggest the Castilians, English, and Burgundians since they have been so bold as to declare us their own rivals.

Dutifully serving Your Majesty,
Ioannes Kontostephanos
"

((Whew, so many comments while I was sleeping. :p To answer some questions, anyone is free to make suggestions as often as they like. Consider the court an open forum to discuss the potential paths of Aragon. The Council merely proposes the the official plans that everyone will vote on. I'm also going to add a bit on the petition process. Just like how players can petition for religious reform, they can also propose potential laws that the king can consider to put up for a vote. I obviously didn't go into much detail about it though.))

Our subjects are most wise, for we have been considering much of these suggestions. In particular, we have considered alliances with both Portugal and France. Portugal is a natural ally against the Castilian threat. France would make a strong ally, and it is better to be their friend than their foe since I fear that a war with them would not go in Aragon's favour. While we are a dutiful Catholic, we are unsure about an alliance with the Pope. We have heard rumours that he covets Naples for himself and fears our presence in Italy. He has expressed a willingness to accept an alliance, but relations may be strained in the future. ((We also only have 3 relation slots left, so that limits us.))

Navarra is of great importance to us. We fear that if we do not act quickly, they will find themselves at the mercy of the Castilians or English. We have considered the possibility of making it our mission to bring them in under our protection. They have expressed a desire to do so peacefully, but it may be quicker and more expedient to do so by force. ((One of the missions we can pick is to subjugate Navarra, which we'll vote on later.))

We admit that both Granada and Provence had not entered our mind, but we are glad that they were mentioned. At the moment we have truces with both, so action cannot be taken against them immediately. Of note is that Castile's truce with Granada expires a year before ours, so we fear that Castile may attack before we can. We do not believe it wise to break a truce to take Granada before Castile. As for Provence, we fear that taking their land may bring us into further conflict with the French. Perhaps if we seek an alliance with France, they will not be as threatened by us by the time the truce expires with Provence and allow us to conquer such land.

We shall take all of this advice into consideration as we consider who would best serve on the council.

- His Majesty, Alfons V de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples

Last edited:
Reactions:
Name: Ramón de Montcada
Date of Birth: 1413
Class: Clergy (Prelate of the Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem)
Religion: Catholic (duh)

Bio: The de Montcada have been members of the knights for almost 200 years. Rámon devoted his life to church services from the age of 5. Being the youngest of three brothers, entering the clergical branch of the order was only logical since there was no title waiting for him. During his years of servitude he was promoted as a Knight of Justice to reward his loyalty. He currently advises His Majesty Alfons V on behalf of the great prior of Amposta.

The natural choice for a knight of St. John would be to humbly petition for the province of Malta.

((I know that the knights exist as a nation ingame, but since there were knights in all countries of Europe, I thought it would be interesting to participate as a member of the order. If you don't like it, just refuse the application.))

((A knight character is perfectly fine. I'm desperate for a clergy character anyway, so it's good to finally have one.

Also welcome to those who joined recently. Glad to have you all along. :)))

Our subjects are most wise, for we have been considering much of these suggestions. In particular, we have considered alliances with both Portugal and France. Portugal is a natural ally against the Castilian threat. France would make a strong ally, and it is better to be their friend than their foe since I fear that a war with them would not go in Aragon's favour. While we are a dutiful Catholic, we are unsure about an alliance with the Pope. We have heard rumours that he covets Naples for himself and fears our presence in Italy. He has expressed a willingness to accept an alliance, but relations may be strained in the future. ((We also only have 3 relation slots left, so that limits us.))

Navarra is of great importance to us. We fear that if we do not act quickly, they will find themselves at the mercy of the Castilians or English. We have considered the possibility of making it our mission to bring them in under our protection. They have expressed a desire to do so peacefully, but it may be quicker and more expedient to do so by force. ((One of the missions we can pick is to subjugate Navarra, which we'll vote on later.))

We admit that both Granada and Provence had not entered our mind, but we are glad that they were mentioned. At the moment we have truces with both, so action cannot be taken against them immediately. Of note is that Castile's truce with Granada expires a year before ours, so we fear that Castile may attack before we can. We do not believe it wise to break a truce to take Granada before Castile. As for Provence, we fear that taking their land may bring us into further conflict with the French. Perhaps if we seek an alliance with France, they will not be as threatened by us by the time the truce expires with Provence and allow us to conquer such land.

We shall take all of this advice into consideration as we consider who would best serve on the council.

- His Majesty, Alfons V de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples

Your Grace, Sire,

I am completely humbled by the kindness shown to me and my young family by you and the good people of your glorious Kingdom. I wish to assure you that I will endeavour to repay this kindness by continuing to assist you in whatever way I can, should your wisdom deem my services to be of requirement.

For what my opinion is worth, I have heard talk of your Kingdom investigating the potential for an alliance with France. I, for one, deem this to be a very sensible option indeed. I am certain you are all too aware of the threat posed by our neighbours Castile - an arrangement with the French would no doubt give the devious Castilians cause to check their aggressive rhetoric.

As for the question of Navarra's place in Iberia, which I understand has been brought up by certain people, we should seek to bring their lands under your control as soon as possible. Again, there is word that the meddlesome Castilians look greedily at the Navarran lands. An Aragonese port on the northern coast of Iberia could well be beneficial to your Kingdom's naval pursuits.

Yours dutifully,
John Kendall

Kendall Trading

Last edited:
*Erik bows down to Alfons*

Your grace's decisions are as wise as you are.

I think an alliance with France would be very beneficial for us in the short run, but as they too begin to expand, our mighty states will surely come into conflict. Especially over the province of Rousillion? I am just wondering if we could get to know the rivalries of the French, as an alliance with the Emperor, Austria would also be very beneficial for us.

I also think that forcing the subjugation of Navarra is the right way to go, as doing it peacefully will take far to long, risking Castillian intervention. But I would rather suggest you to pursue the conquest of the province of Provence rather than conquering Granada as we would have a harder time with rebellions and conversion of the populous than in Provence. If the French conquers it it will greatly hinder our income. Why not let Castille deal with the heathens so we can later seize the provinces. As for a bridgehead into Africa, we already have the island of Sicily and Sardinia to use this for.

I would also make a suggestion to your majesty.
Its in my knowledge that our royal fleet is not as big as we can support and I suggest to you that we should increase it by constructing two more barques and cog to further strengthen our fleet and presence in the western Mediterranean.

Your faithful,
Erik Inge

((I think that an alliance with Austria against the BBB aggression would be very beneficial. Also, seizing Granada would give us some problems as +20 revolt risk in all the provinces would surely have an rebellion. We would also be unable to convert the provinces until we get adm tech 8 and an inquisitor as our conversion power is not good enough. Castille on the other hand have an event that changes the religion and we can seize the area when they have gotten the event together with Andalusia to gain power in Sevilla.))

Your grace,

it is an honour to bask in your presence and your assistance of the order will not be forgotten. I'd like to present the most pious opinion of a humble and fellow Christian, if you allow me to. Alliances with France and Portugal seem indeed wise, as they strengthen the bond between us Christian brethren and allow for peace, prosperity and also do not hinder the operations of the brotherhood. I must say that violently subjugating Navarra is not the right choice, though. To commit acts of violence against fellow Catholics that want to be protected peacefully by the most glorious Kingdom of Aragon and Naples would be frowned upon in Rome. On the contrary, it is our the most sacred of the rights and the most indispensable of duties to diminish the infidel threat that plagues the mediterranean. We need to strike against the Berbers as soon as possible! Weakening Tunis might be a good start, if the Ottoman devil *his face expresses his deep disgust of anything that non-believers stand for* does not have unholy bonds with them. Furthermore, we need to finish the Reconquista against those usurpers in Granada - they shall not be allowed to pester our beloved homeland with their presence any longer. If we manage to defeat them instead of Castille, all the prestige and honours of ending the Muslim occupation of the Iberian peninsula will indeed belong only to you, your Majesty. There are also rumors of unfathomable amounts of riches in the Granadan treasuries, which could further help to develop the kingdom, your Grace.

((Is it possible that provinces change their category at a certain point in time? Should I ever choose to play a noble knight hospitaller I would not be able to compete for Malta, which is rather unfortunate imho.))

Name: Carlos de Leon
Date of Birth: 1421
Class: Noble
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Biography: Carlos grew up in Syracuse. From a young age, he was tutored in Greek and Latin as well as Spanish. He loves reading and hunting; his writing and reading are as good as his use of the sword and bow. His father died around 1443, which explains why Carlos is such a young noble at the court. He is a staunch supporter of the crown and its authority, as well as being a devout Catholic.

((I'm claiming Syracuse, in case you didn't catch that. This'll be a very interesting iAAR.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Most of my thinking on the Granda issue was based on the idea that we did not have a truce with them. I did not realize/failed to notice that we do have a truce with him too, so I'll have to retract that idea, in RP of course."

Ioannes bows before his King, stepping forward to deliver a follow-up to his earlier statements

Your Grace,

My apologies for my failure to completely assess the situation before us. While the Castilians do have a truce with the Emir of Granada, I neglected to notice that we too have a truce with the Emir, one of many treaties I am sure my failing memory will forget. With this newfound knowledge, I would retract my suggestion to invade the rich provinces of the Emirate, and instead would ask that we utilize those resources to conduct an armed subjugation of Navarra.

The idea of seizing the lands surrounding the city of Marseilles from the Duke of Provence would do well to increase the Kingdom's trade income and as such I would like to support the plan to seize the province.

((this next part hinges on the idea that we're all in a court speaking, but if this isn't information I would know then disregard it))

As for the invasion of English Labourd, I do not believe that to be wise unless we would like to ultimately turn our backs to the French after utilizing them as an ally for other conquests. But if we would like to pursue such a conquest, then I believe it wise to seek out a strong alliance with the Emperor instead of the Portuguese who may very well not wish to join against the Castilians due to their historical friendship.

In order to be more clear I would like to provide a list of the motions that I do support:
+ - The subjugation of Navarra as soon as possible
+ - The seizure of Provence from the Duchy of Provence
+ - The expansion of both naval and land forces to the maximum capacity (force limits)

((Could we get info on the alliances/rivals of Portugal/Castille/France/Austria in order to make slightly more informed decisions?))

((I have been a long term lurker, I have read your AAR's since the beginning of your tag-swap AAR.))

Name: Leonardo de Abruzzi
Date of Birth: June 17, 1416
Class: Courtier (Neapolitan Merchant)
Bio: A Merchant from the Neapolitan province of Abruzzi. His family is located in Pascara owning a small plot of land for farming. He learned many skills in Diplomacy thanks to his well educated mother, and going to Florence to become educated. He has a wit like a viper, he can influence almost everyone with his tongue. His wit is what allows him to be such a good merchant.

((Assuming you annex Naples, can I get Abruzzi when you do?))

Reactions: