• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
136 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
To His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

Your Majesy,

As a humble man of God I am concerned about the fate of the men of Aragon who have suffered during the war like peasents who were done harm by both the bastard's forces and Loyalists, which includes being forced to fight or the destruction of their labour by the plundering of their produce, or the citizens of Cagliari, who were attacked by a godless pirate supported by heathens. Thus, as a humble man of God, I ask you, I beg you to relief those victims of the actions of the bastard, both directly and indirectly, as a pious man of God, for Aragon and its people.

Bishop Adriano Juan de Valencia, Abad de Abadía de St. Francisco de Asís

vvEKLhO.png

The good Cardinal de Vascona did suggest a plan for rebuilding Cagliari, which we believe has merit. If only Ferran had paid with his blood instead of making us pay ducats to rebuild.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

9skqvwl.png

To His Royal Majesty, King Alfons VI, and the court,
Congratulations on your magnificent victory, Your Majesty. God smiles upon you as a trueborn son. May He bless you with sons and security for your reign. It is a shame that the bastard could not be brought to justice, but perhaps the Lord has other designs. Now we must rebuild our realm and repair the damage that brigands, pirates, and years of war have caused.

Thank you for entrusting the position of Court Chaplain to my person as your father did. As court chaplain, I recommend that the crown support my efforts at reforming the Church and supporting my "faction". Hopefully, we will be able to influence His Holiness to return the Church to its more spiritual roots and remake it as in institution that cares for the needs of the poor and spiritually malnourished. Soon the seas shall be safe and you will be able to travel to Rome to be blessed by His Holiness, which would be a great opportunity for the kingdom and your person to potentially influence the pontiff and increase the prestige of your dynasty in the eyes of Christendom.

Unfortunately, I must advise that the kingdom end its mission to place my person on the throne of Saint Peter. It appears that the opportunity has passed and that the Lord has other designs. Finally, I would recommend that missionaries be sent to any provinces that believe in heresy but are open to conversion.

God bless you, Your Majesty.

Your humble servant,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

((Court chaplain plan:
-keep investing influence to increase our papal chances
-convert provinces whenever possible per the Shield of Saint Peter Act
-cancel the mission to become papal controller))

vvEKLhO.png

We are surprised that you are so humble to admit that the Papacy is out of your grasp. If only the French would release their stranglehold on it so we could make the Catholic Church great.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((I never really considered who should have the option to cancel a mission, but in this case it makes sense that the mission for the Papacy be cancelled by the candidate for that position.))

My grace,

I congratulate you on your rightful victory, as you know I supported your rightful place as king from the very beginning, and I will continoue to do so until the very end, aswell as my family.
You have proven yourself a capable leader, and that is what Aragon needs.
I have some contacts in France, since my mothers family still lives there and have garnered influence in the french court. I will try to convince the french court, via my extended family, to keep pressure on the Habsburgs to release the bastard to the crown.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

vvEKLhO.png

We thank you for the suggestion, but we highly doubt that the French will have any sway over the Habsburgs. The Austrians are known to hate the French with a passion. They'd be more likely to prop up Ferran as a pretender if the French intervened. If you do truly wish to help us, perhaps you would consider serving on our Council?

((Pick a position and it's yours, except for Chancellor. You can say no if you want to too.))

((Sorry, I don't speak Latin IRL. It just fits the character))

Marcin arrives in Valencia with a hope to learn about this strange country, he decides to introduce himself to the court.
He enters the royal palace, and after entering the throne room he bows down before the king
(In Latin)

I greet the King of these fine lands, I would wish to be able to stay in this magnificent palace. I come to this glorious kingdom to gain knowledge about people who live here. May I have a room for myself to hide from the rains, and storms? The news about your great victories in Greece, and your heal of the Great Schism are legendary. With such achievement the Polish-Lithuanian king have decided to start their own crusade against the remaining heretics in Russia.
Marcin decides to ask if somebody speak German, just in case

vvEKLhO.png

Alfons turns to a clergyman present in court and asks, "What is this annoying foreigner saying? I can't understand a word." The clergyman then proceeds to translate for the King.

We are glad to hear that the heretics of the northeast are being converted by force now. May they embrace the true faith. You may stay, I suppose, but don't get into any trouble. I won't hesitate to have you thrown out of the kingdom if you do.

A letter to king Alfons VI.

To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

Could I, Jolandha van Tiel, and my son, Cornelis van Tiel, live in your grand and mighty country? I am deeply sorry for the actions of my Husband, Michiel van Tiel, and would want to apologize by paying for the reconstruction of the great city of Cagliari. If you desire, my son can join the great Aragonese army when he is grown up, and has finished the best of education your country can offer. We hope to heal the wounds that the name van Tiel has done to your country, and restore our reputation in the progress.

Jolandha van Tiel.

vvEKLhO.png

Are you not already here? Why are you asking me about such nonsense? Go live your lives without interfering with my rule.

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duke Tomas Etxeto of Pamplona, head of House Etxeto
Dear King Alfons of Aragon, Navarre, Naples, et al.

Your success is most welcome news. I'm glad that the one and only heir to the throne established himself. If you ever need something to happen, just ask.

Duke Tomas Etxeto di Pamplona

vvEKLhO.png

It is good to see that we can still count on the nobility to support us. Perhaps you would be interested in serving on our Council?

((Feel free to claim a position on the Council, excluding Chancellor, and you can have it. Saying no is an option too. I'm just desperate to fill some of these positions. :p))

GameHunter5303

Second Lieutenant
18 Badges
Jul 14, 2015
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
((One last post for Renato, it sucks to make me have to lose the de Abruzzi line before they received Abruzzi.)

Renato sends a letter to Ferran, Private ((and I don't think Alfons could intercept this letter due to it crossing just across Austria.))

Dear Ferran de Trastámara, the true heir to the Aragonese throne,

It saddens me that we have lost the war against Alfons VI, I hope you may live happily the rest of your life in Austria. Me and my true love, Isabel von Hapsburg are going to escape to the Swiss mountains, I will be able to receive your next letter, but after that I will cut all ties with Aragon, or any outside power. I'm hoping to receive your response.

~Renato de Abruzzi,

Reactions:

Robban204

Captain
32 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My grace Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

I am humbled by the suggestion of me serving on the council. Truthfully, I have not considered the posibility of serving in such position. But if possible, I wish to claim the position of Steward in this great kingdom.

If accepted, I would like to propose the following plan:

• Work with the Marshal and station troops in Byzantium to lower revolt risk
  • If possible, placate the local rulers to further decrease risk of revolt and independence
  • Keep stability over atleast 0, most preferable over 1 if possible
  • Engage in a royal marriage to further cement our ties with Byzantium

As you possibly see, my strategy is Byzantium centric. We can not loose the City of The Worlds Desire to the filthy heathens, now when we have brought it back from the brink of destruction.

Your loyal servant,

Last edited:

Artistove

Sergeant
Apr 22, 2015
Your Grace Alfons VI de Trastámara,
I respect your decision to not name me Count of Barcelona. However, I am interested in serving on your Council as Treasurer. I may be somewhat inexperienced, but I can quickly improve my skills and do even better for the realm. Plus, for a majority of my early life I was educated by a rather well-known mathematician here in the capital, so I definitely understand how finances and numbers work.

So, I hope you take this into consideration when deciding who to put on your royal council.

- Jean Charles de Fidèlle

GameHunter5303

Second Lieutenant
18 Badges
Jul 14, 2015
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
Name: Lucas von Napolis
Date of Birth: November 13, 1441
Class: Courtier, (Unlanded Noble when Naples is inherited)
Religion: Catholic
Bio:
Lucas was born in the city of Naples to Angelo, and Maria von Napolis, two Nobles of the House of Napolis. Lucas was brought up in wealth, and quality education. He ((like all of my characters)) studied Mercantilism and Diplomacy. His family was one of the richest in the City of Naples, even in the country and unlike a large amount of Nobles supported Alfons VI, so didn't lose their fortune after the succession crisis. But Lucas parents wanted more influence, and so got a Florentine Mathmatician, and taught him Math, and he was sent to Valencia. He would serve on the Court of the King, and perferrably in the Council.

Reactions:

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
136 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2

My grace Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

I am humbled by the suggestion of me serving on the council. Truthfully, I have not considered the posibility of serving in such position. But if possible, I wish to claim the position of Steward in this great kingdom.

If accepted, I would like to propose the following plan:

• If possible, placate the local rulers to further decrease risk of revolt and independence
  • Engage in a royal marriage to further cement our ties with Byzantium

As you possibly see, my strategy is Byzantium centric. We can not loose the City of The Worlds Desire to the filthy heathens, now when we have brought it back from the brink of destruction.

Your loyal servant,

vvEKLhO.png

We will gladly appoint you our Steward then.

((If by placate local rulers you mean the options for vassals, that falls under the purview of the viceroys. Royal marriages are also solely decided by the king, not that it matters since we already have a royal marriage with Byzantium. What you can do is set a stance as to how to act to possible revolts and order the construction of buildings. The stability and revolt risk fit too, as you've already included.))

Your Grace Alfons VI de Trastámara,
I respect your decision to not name me Count of Barcelona. However, I am interested in serving on your Council as Treasurer. I may be somewhat inexperienced, but I can quickly improve my skills and do even better for the realm. Plus, for a majority of my early life I was educated by a rather well-known mathematician here in the capital, so I definitely understand how finances and numbers work.

So, I hope you take this into consideration when deciding who to put on your royal council.

- Jean Charles de Fidèlle

vvEKLhO.png

We do not believe it wise to trust the finances of a nation in the hands of a family that betrayed us. You must understand our concern. We do not know how far the rot goes. Give us time to test your loyalty first, and perhaps we will reward you.

((Sorry for not cutting you a break, but it really doesn't make sense for Alfons to be doing favours for the brother-in-law of the man that ordered his father's assassination.))

Name: Lucas von Napolis
Date of Birth: November 13, 1441
Class: Courtier, (Unlanded Noble when Naples is inherited)
Religion: Catholic
Bio:
Lucas was born in the city of Naples to Angelo, and Maria von Napolis, two Nobles of the House of Napolis. Lucas was brought up in wealth, and quality education. He ((like all of my characters)) studied Mercantilism and Diplomacy. His family was one of the richest in the City of Naples, even in the country and unlike a large amount of Nobles supported Alfons VI, so didn't lose their fortune after the succession crisis. But Lucas parents wanted more influence, and so got a Florentine Mathmatician, and taught him Math, and he was sent to Valencia. He would serve on the Court of the King, and perferrably in the Council.

((Technically you can still be an unlanded noble if from Naples, since it's considered part of the realm, even if no one can claim the titles.))

alscon

Magister Inquisitiones
75 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Castelozzi paced around his palace as he often did. He finally had news from his man who was after Ferran the Bastard. While he as general assisted king Alfons in the battles of Naples, Andrea had gained a place in the Bastard's army. Damned traitor. He should have sent another one after Ferran, what he promptly did. Killing him under the Habsburg's protection was too risky for now, but they could observe his every move. Though Castelozzi doubted his men would learn anything interesting. At least Ferran's internal supporters were dealt with.

5wxzSfe.jpg

Your Majesty,

I congratulate You in securing Your rightful throne once and for all. The Bastard has shown his true face, as even in complete defeat he isn't man enough to accept it and its consequences. In Your search for councillors, I will not forward my name, as I lack the knowledge to be of any assistance. But I still wish to be of use in the ways that I am able to; I will continue to enforce Your Majesty's will at the head of one of Your armies. If Your Highness has any difficulties procuring any information, me and my men also stand at Your disposal. Long live the King!

Your loyal subject,
General Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

ThePatriotOfDreumel

Queen of Nothing, A Lack of Things and Emptiness.
53 Badges
May 6, 2015
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
vvEKLhO.png

Are you not already here? Why are you asking me about such nonsense? Go live your lives without interfering with my rule.

To your majesty, King Alfons VI, lord of the kingdoms of Aragon and Naples, Protecter of the Greeks, healer of the great schism, unifier of the Christian church.

I have not been in Aragon for years, how did you get the information that I was already there. I have stayed in Gelre for most of the years. A couple of months ago, I got presented the oppertunity to join my husband to the kingdom of Aragon, but there was still a succesion war ongoing. I figured that it would be safer to stay home. Now that the succession war is over, I finally have the oppertunity to travel to Aragon in peace. I just wanted to ask you, King Alfons VI, if i was still welcome in your country.

Jolandha van Tiel

Colonel
52 Badges
Jul 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
We are glad to hear that the heretics of the northeast are being converted by force now. May they embrace the true faith. You may stay, I suppose, but don't get into any trouble. I won't hesitate to have you thrown out of the kingdom if you do.

(In Latin)

I thank you the most noble of Kings, for your hospitality. I promise to you that I will try to stay away from any affairs, and I will not interrupt your rule. I thank you once again, your Majesty. Now I will go to my room.

Marcin bows and than leaves.

Robban204

Captain
32 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars

I understand, and I will change my plans accordingly, in order of importance:

• If someone tries to challenge your rule, crush them with all available forces
  • Lower revolt risk by instituting harsh treatment in Byzantium
  • If possible, reduce overextension
  • If possible, raise development in the crown provinces and provinces with high tax base
Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari and Steward of the realm

((The reason I proposed a royal marriage was because at the overview screen it just said leading vassal, and not royal marriage :p
Atleast I have learned a bit more, next plan should fall within the frame of the Stewards duties ;)))

Last edited:

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
136 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2

I have not been in Aragon for years, how did you get the information that I was already there. I have stayed in Gelre for most of the years. A couple of months ago, I got presented the oppertunity to join my husband to the kingdom of Aragon, but there was still a succesion war ongoing. I figured that it would be safer to stay home. Now that the succession war is over, I finally have the oppertunity to travel to Aragon in peace. I just wanted to ask you, King Alfons VI, if i was still welcome in your country.

Jolandha van Tiel

((It's implied that unless you explicitly state that it's a letter, that you're speaking directly to the king in-person. It gets confusing, as we are now seeing, if not stated as such. :p))

I understand, and I will change my plans accordingly, in order of importance:

• If possible, raise development in the crown provinces and provinces with high tax base
Your loyal servant,

((The reason I proposed a royal marriage was because at the overview screen it just said leading vassal, and not royal marriage :p
Atleast I have learned a bit more, next plan should fall within the frame of the Stewards duties ;)))

((Well the Byzantine Emperor did pass away at some point, so maybe the royal marriage ended and I wasn't paying attention. When you say raise development, do you mean base tax, production, or manpower?))

Robban204

Captain
32 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars
((Well the Byzantine Emperor did pass away at some point, so maybe the royal marriage ended and I wasn't paying attention. When you say raise development, do you mean base tax, production, or manpower?))

((Well that depends on what is lowest in that province, so if it's good manpower and production, then you raise base tax etc. etc. :)))

ThePatriotOfDreumel

53 Badges
May 6, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
((It's implied that unless you explicitly state that it's a letter, that you're speaking directly to the king in-person. It gets confusing, as we are now seeing, if not stated as such. :p))
((Well, it is a letter. But now my question, can I come into Aragon?))

RyuDrago

First Lieutenant
Oct 16, 2010
Signore Guingini,

Thank you for writing to me.

I believe Pirineo is well-supplied, though you should ask the Conde de Soneta. Rome is also stocked with goods though I believe merchants are always welcome here.

Unfortunately I am too busy with theological matters to meet you in person. May God be with you.

Sincerely,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

I thank Your Excellency for replying to my letter. I will send a letter to the Conde of Soneta then.

Respectfully,

Francesco Guinigi, Merchant of Lucca.

((Letter to the Conde of Soneta))

Your Excellency,

I write you under counsil of the Bishop of Pirineo who suggested your name.

I am a private Italian merchant of the Republic of Lucca which is having a rather correct trade relation with the Aragonese merchants, who is writing for you over two matters:

- to petition his Majesty to renew the infrastructures in Cagliari and Sardinia as I firmly believe the island should benefit of investments to make it an important haven for merchant ships and a regional trade hubs. I am not rich but for the best I can do, I would invest some ducat in the process. Naturally, being a foreigner, I will stand no chance against the king... So, maybe would help me in this? Now that the civil war is ended I will return soon in Aragon, maybe we can arrange a meeting?
- Secondarily, I am starting to enlarge my volume of affairs and I am interested to search client between the great nobles of Aragon... Eventually, if we meet, I would bring the best pieces of my stockpile and offer my large array of services.

Respectfully waiting for a reply,

Francesco Guinigi, Merchant of Lucca.

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
136 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
((Well that depends on what is lowest in that province, so if it's good manpower and production, then you raise base tax etc. etc. :)))

((Aka raise manpower because our diplo points are crap and all our admin points need to go towards stability. :p))

((Well, it is a letter. But now my question, can I come into Aragon?))

((Well the king doesn't control who enters and exits, so people are free to enter the kingdom at will. As to whether they can stay at court is another matter. I doubt the king wants anyone associated with someone he's locked in jail near his person.))

Reactions:

SirAlucard

Sergeant
24 Badges
Mar 30, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris
  • Cities in Motion
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
My King

I would like to protest against the Steward's plan of raising development in provinces. While I can see as to why it could be done, I do not think that we could manage an acceptable technological level if we were to do this. But I'd like to propose a new law for this, that, at least in my opinion, could give us mountains of ducats with the same funds we always had.

The "Balanced Distribution of Attention" Act

If Aragon is able to afford a new technology that it is still ahead in time of and the new tech is not needed immediately ((Like Military in the midst of a war)), the points have to be spent in development instead of being wasted to "Ahead of Time".

With this new law, we could steadily grow more powerful without falling behind our neighbours regarding technology.

Your loyal subject
Joseph von Thun
Diplomat and Noble

Robban204

Captain
32 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars
@SirAlucard

((Valid point, that's exactly the reason I put at the bottom in order of importance, and added "If possible" before it, so we don't spend on it needlesly when we can spend points on other, more important stuff.
So I will vote for your act when it goes up for a vote:)))

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
136 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
My King

I would like to protest against the Steward's plan of raising development in provinces. While I can see as to why it could be done, I do not think that we could manage an acceptable technological level if we were to do this. But I'd like to propose a new law for this, that, at least in my opinion, could give us mountains of ducats with the same funds we always had.

If Aragon is able to afford a new technology that it is still ahead in time of and the new tech is not needed immediately ((Like Military in the midst of a war)), the points have to be spent in development instead of being wasted to "Ahead of Time".

With this new law, we could steadily grow more powerful without falling behind our neighbours regarding technology.

Your loyal subject
Joseph von Thun
Diplomat and Noble

An excellent suggestion. We will consult the court on this matter later. If our new Steward wishes to change his plan to account for this, we will allow it. ((@Robban204 you can amend the development part and back this instead, otherwise we'll have to vote on the plan.))

ThePatriotOfDreumel

53 Badges
May 6, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
((Well the king doesn't control who enters and exits, so people are free to enter the kingdom at will. As to whether they can stay at court is another matter. I doubt the king wants anyone associated with someone he's locked in jail near his person.))
((Forgot that the king is paranoid.))

Robban204

Captain
32 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars

I will add the development-amendment that our wise diplomat von Thun proposed, he certainly have a knack for interior development.
This is hopefully the final revision of my plan, but if anyone else have sugesstions, I will gladly hear them out, for the good of the realm.

• (Amendment) The "Balanced Distribution of Attention" Act

Your loyal servant,