• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Name: Andronicus Mandromenos
Date of birth: April 8 1646
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholic (CJC compliant)*
Bio: Grandson of Petros, Son of Demetrios, Andronicus was raised knowing that he had a reputation to uphold. He entered the University of Valencia at the age of 16, earned his LL.B. at 19 and started work in the Courts as a barrister. He soon was disgusted by the ways the nobility, especially lower nobility, used the courts to their advantage over the commoners, and began to specialize in representing commoners in cases against Nobility. One such notable case was where the son of a rich merchant was accused of raping a daughter of a baron. Andronicus was able to use his connections with his grandfather to discover the Baron had fallen under difficult financial troubles, and was seeking to use the fabricated accusation to extort the merchant for money. With this information, he was able to have his client acquitted.

After a few years of similar landmark cases, he was asked by the University to teach prospective barristers his methods. While he was there, he decided to resume his studies. He earned his LL.M. at 26 and his LL.D. at 29 after completing a dissertation on the merits of constitutionalism, a companion piece to De Rebus C.C., a work he co-authored with his grandfather. He was granted a professorship at the University where he lectured on law and continued to develop and advocate his grandfather's work.

In the past two years, he lost his father then grandfather, something that filled him will grief. Despite this, he is doing what they would have wanted, serve the Empire as they have and bring glory to his family. The new Count of Athens has every intention of doing so.

((*As Catholic as his grandfather))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((G.A. Plan:
Expand the transport fleet(s) to accomodate one army (each). I didn't read the Military reforms (stupid me :p), so do as you will.
The main fleet has tons of room for expansion. Let's keep the growth slow, so five heavy ships and ten galleys (again).
As usual, the trade fleets will grow only at the discretion of the Grandmaster.
))

The odour of the sea... He'd learned to like it. Long enough, he's spent his life close to it, or on a ship like the one he was standing on right now. As he was getting ready to leave the harbour, he wondered if he'd ever return to sea after making landfall. Not that there wasn't a long journey ahead of him. At least he knew that with so many limes on board, scurvy won't be a problem.'Get ready, men.' His gaze fell on Valencia. After Palermo, perhaps another great city of his life he wouldn't see again. The captain ordered the sailors around, and soon enough, the anchor was lifted, the sails set. The Sirène Bleue slowly started to get some water between itself and the pier, when a man, clad in the same blue as Maximilien, came running.

'Father, wait! Where are you going now!' The man shouted.

'My next challenge, son! I'll find Conquistador Denis' grave – perhaps even the Fountain of Youth!'

Félicien was left baffled a moment, before realizing the implications and reassembling his thoughts. 'And what about Trinacria? Hispania? Myself?'

'I'll write a letter after I've landed. You may assume my titles if needed. The army doesn't need me to wait! I need some activity!' Félicien heard some more laughing. 'Farewell, son. Farewell, Europe!'

He knew better than to try to convince him otherwise. Since his mother had died and the army was inactive, Maximilien de Montségur was itching for a fight, and with his advancing age, he thought of few other things. He was gone, and would be gone for good. Félicien knew he would never see him again, perhaps only get a letter or two.

myKh8vJ.png

Court of Hispania,

there are few words able to explain what happened not so long ago. It may be because of his age, his unquenchable thirst for battle and glory, coupled with the loss of my mother, the inactivity of the army, and therefore nothing keeping him in Europe. Whatever the reason, my father left for the New World, and will not return. As such, I will assume his duties as duke of Trinacria. I just hope that he will find what he searches.
Having finished my training, I would gladly fill the office of diplomat to the crown. With an opening on the Cortz due to the death of our long-serving Prime Minister, I am also nominating myself for that honour.
Lastly, I would kindly ask Marshal Saint-Pierre to finish the military training of my son Vincent Alphonse. He has already learned under my father, and would be ready for a position as general soon enough. ((He's 22, some years of training under his belt.)) Another place of bad timing by my father.

Félicen Pierre de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria

((Not an era for Maximilien, though I keep him around to tell a bit about his expedition. Might also cause some tension, I'll see about that in the IRC. So I'll take over as Félicien.

Name: Félicien Pierre de Montségur
Birth: 11th August 1637
Class: Duke
Religion: CJC, Protestant side
Bio: I've already introduced him enough, I think. ))

Reactions:
Chancellors plan:

When possible, go to war against Tuscany and annex them, strenghtening our hold on the Italian peninsula.
Break our alliane with Persia, it does not serve any purpose anymore.
Fabricate a claim on, and annex, the Tunis trade node.

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia, Chancellor of Hispania and Imperial Diplomat

Dear Marshal de Saint-Pierre,

my son, Fausto Villanova, desires to join the ranks of the army, he desires to join an infantry regiment.
P.S. Do not worry about education, he has already graduated for the academy, but wishes to join as a private and work his way through the ranks. He believes that ranks should be earned not given based on family wealth ((referencing academically given ranks)).

Sincerely,
Sancho Villanova.

Gaston read the reports concerning Exercit Colonial and he felt rage boil inside of him. "Who's bright idea was it to form an army without infantry!" The old marshal shouted at the high command building "Fix it immediately! I don't care how! Disband some of those artillery regiments, give them muskets and retrain them if you must! Do I have to Write down EVERY detail!" The cound of Roussillon shouted at the officers sourrounding him before sitting down in a chair, breathing heavily, hiding his face in his hands "I'm surrounded by idiots." He said to himself, attemting to calm himself down. Soon a messenger came carrying news that made the marshal's mood even worse. The prime minister and two of the best generals were gone. One died of sickness and the second one decided to search for some mythical fountain. The Saint-Pierre decided to leave the capital and return to his county where he was greeted with even more news. First a letter from Sancho Villanova. Despite his bad mood, Gaston grabbed a quill and some ink and began to scribble a response

Dear Monsieur Villanova,
I am very happy to hear that your son wishes to join the ranks of our millitary. I agrre with him on that ranks should be earned thorugh hard work and not through family connections. I'm glad to hear that he went trough the military acedemy. While I understand why he would want to start off as a private, I would recommend that he begins his career in the army as a lieutenant or even a captain. It still will give him more than enough chances to prove himself in combat, while putting him at a much smaller risk of death.
With all due respect,
Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre,
Marshal of the Empire of Hispania, first field marshal of Hispania, count of Roussillon, baron of Perpinyà and member of the Cortz d'Hispania

Dear Monsieur de Montségur,
I would happily accept your son under my wing, however there is one reason that doesn't allow me to. And that would be the existande of the military acedemy of Valencia. While I do not doubt that he knows much aleady, given the education by a great general like you father, but the academy has been established for a reason. Given his current knowledge I do not doubt he'll be able to start his career on a much higher rank. I think the lowest he could get would be colonel, however there is a slight chance he might become a major. Yet I do not doubt that he'll raise through the ranks quickly, becoming a general in few short years. Who know maybe he'll become the next marshal.
Respectfully,
Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre

After that the old marshal also made it clear that he wishes to become the chamberlain, given the unfortunate death of the Prime Minister, who also happened to hold this possition. He also put his name forward for the position of the prime minister, however if someone much younger would like to take the burden onto his shoulders, or if the Emperor decides otherwise, Gaston will not have any objections.

He also proposed a new law to be considered by the court of Hispania:
National Defense Act
All the forts in the heart of the Empire ((Iberia)) shall be always kept upgreaded to the latest model in case of rebelions or foreign invasions

((Marshal plan:
Disband 10k artillery in Exercit Colonial, train infantry in it's place.
Mothball all forts in Iberia and Greece.
))

Last edited:
"Son, your mother and I are so proud of you, Lieutenant Fausto," Sancho says, with a huge smile on his face, as he is helping his son prepare the uniform given to them by the academy after receiving the recommendation from the marshal.
"Father, please that is embarrassing, let me do put my uniform on myself."
"But I want to make sure you make a good impression once you arrive at the army camp."
Sometime later after arriving at the camp of the Exercit Napoli, under the command of General Louis de Soneta, he is received by his immediate superior, Captain Costa and the 5 sergeants directly under his command ((they will not receive names, unless someone wants to make some up)).
"Attention! this is Lieutenant Fausto, he will be your new lieutenant as of right now. Now if anyone has any questions, I will not be answering them," Costa says as he walks off.
The sergeants slowly lose interest as they return to their chores, the order they left was the Hispanian, the colonial, the Native American, the Italian and the Greek happened to have nothing to do so they showed Fausto around.
"This is-a the armory, where all the munitions are-a stored, this is the barracks where the Soldati live, that is-a the officers building, Generale Soneta is busy, so don't-a bother him now."
"That is the stable where the Kataphraktoi, store their horses..."
"The cavalry are not-a called that, their just cavalry, we aren't in Byzantium, remember?"
The day continues like this for some time.
((List of Military personnel in update:
General de Soneta - mentioned, ML8991's side character
Captain Costa - An old soldier who is very strict to the men under his command, very disliked by his men, completely uncaring about his men
Lieutenant Fausto - new recruit, has a very problematic unit under his command
Italian Sergeant - loud, talkative, noisy, Italian, leads a group of Italian volunteers
Greek Sergeant - quiet, refers to things as they are called back home, exact opposite of the Italian, leads a group of regulars
Hispanian Sergeant - no personality given
Colonial Sergeant - no personality given
Native American Sergeant - no personality given
))

Reactions:
Chancellors plan:

When possible, go to war against Tuscany and annex them, strenghtening our hold on the Italian peninsula.
Break our alliane with Persia, it does not serve any purpose anymore.
Fabricate a claim on, and annex, the Tunis trade node.

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia, Chancellor of Hispania and Imperial Diplomat

((We haven't been allied with Persia for quite some time, so there's no alliance to break. And when you say annex the Tunis trade node, do you mean all land in that trade node or just the province where the trade lanes meet?))

After that the old marshal also made it clear that he wishes to become the chamberlain, given the unfortunate death of the Prime Minister, who also happened to hold this possition. He also put his name forward for the position of the prime minister, however if someone much younger would like to take the burden onto his shoulders, or if the Emperor decides otherwise, Gaston will not have any objections.

JpsioAG.png

With the many losses at court, I feel I must turn to someone who has served the Crown reliably for years to take up the mantle of prime minister, and thus I wish to bestow the position upon Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre, if he will accept it. ((It should be noted that if you accept, 05, you won't be able to be chamberlain too unless you resign as marshal.))

I also wish to take time to present before the court the idea of establishing Sunday Schools in the empire. These schools would be run by the Church of Jesus Christ and open to all Christian subjects of Hispania. Their focus would be on basic education, teaching children and the poor to read and write, as well as instilling good Christian values shared by all sects of the Church. I can only hope that all the faiths can come together to create this institution. ((We'll vote on whether or not to enact the Sunday Schools decision.))

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Gaston pondered over the proposition made by the Emperor. He was old... Very old, ancient almost and if he accepted he wouldn't serve for long. However he could push Hispania into a new direction. Or at least try to. And after hours of thinking the old marshal decided to accept.

((Oh, alright then. I will give up on the chamberlain ))

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange looked out of the broken window, wich the Criminal destroyed to get out of the palace. If Sancho would know why he wanted to kill him... A servant entered the room

"Guido Heber want to talk with you about something realy important!"

"I will wait"

Some minutes later his best agent at the Imperial Court, Guido Heber entered. He looked very tired.

"My Count, i had heared that the position of a chancellor were offered to Saint-Pierre."

Sancho weren't very surprised:

"Good news i think. He seems to me like a good choice. Something else?"

"If he would accept the position if a marshal is free."

Sancho laughed

"An other of my advisors who think i could get a high position in the Council. Damn it how often i have tell it till it is in your head. I. Am. Not. Important. Enough. To. Be. Rembered. I know i had fought still in some battles at the second League war or against rebells, but i have not the expertise to command Armys spread over the whole world. Still if the Emporer would offer it to me i wouldn't accept it. And now: do your job!"

"Yes my count!"

After Gouido Heber left the room a young man entered. He was Enrique, the ilegitim son of Sancho and the only one Sancho thought he could be a good count in Provence.

"Ahhh my son!"

"Father?"

"My whole council wants me to get a high position at the Imperial Council."

"Hmm it doesn't seems to be a bad idea...."

"Ohh man..."

"No father just some years more and you can be a powerfull Man in the State."

"My son go i have to think about... Something"

"Yes father"

((We haven't been allied with Persia for quite some time, so there's no alliance to break. And when you say annex the Tunis trade node, do you mean all land in that trade node or just the province where the trade lanes meet?))

((Oh, my bad, I didn't know we already broke the alliance, oh well.
About the Tunis Node, just the province at the trade node and the provinces directly surrounding it so we have acces to the sea too.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((IC using ML's character))
Fausto, having some free time decided to go talk to the general to see what he's like, despite the Italian's warnings.
"Hello, General de Soneta? Are you there?"
The general stands up from the table and faces Fausto, "You can call General Louis, no need to be formal, we are alone in here after all, now who are you?"
"I'm Lieutenant Fausto, the new recruit."
"Ah! Your a Villanova aren't you, I've read your file, what an amazing family, why join the army instead of following your father's steps?"
"I will neither inherit the family farm nor the court title as he would live too long for me to take his place. Hence why it's always grandchildren who inherit and I also wanted to join the military since I was young."
"So, what is it you wanted to ask me?"
"I just wanted to see what kind of a leader you are and to learn what it takes to succeed. I also request my regiment to be placed on the frontline "
"R-really? I guess I can take that as a complement, but that request is surprising as you are fresh to war. I'll see what I can do about that, I'm sure Captain Costa would relish getting his volunteers to actually fight."
Fausto, giddy with excitement says, "Thank you sir, you won't regret it," as he leaves the room.

"It has come to my attention that our treasurer hasn't been performing his duties, that is why I am forced to dismiss him from his position. In his replacement I wish to appoint Andronicus Mandromenos. Of course if he accepts."

(( I just wanted to point of that a lieutenant leads a platoon, not a regiment. And that's a huge difference because a platoon counts 50 men and a regiment is 1000 soldiers. ))

Andronicus grimaced as he saw the servants carry the coffin to the boat headed for Athens. His grandfather would be interred in the catacombs beneath the manor that served as his seat of power in the city. The catacombs already had two notable residents, Petros's wife and son, and he would be interred next to them, as was proper. Andronicus would return to Athens soon, to give the proper respects to his grandfather, but as the Count of Athens, he needed to be present to give the Emperor advice. He wished it wasn't so, but he would not dare disrespect his grandfather's dedication to duty so soon after his death.

He returned to his grandfather's residence in Valencia, his residence now. The study, a very secured area where his grandfather spent countless hours agonizing over the most important affairs of state, was filled with mountains upon mountains of papers, most bound as books, of Petros's work. Maybe it would be of use in the future. He looked at the most recent letter, and was surprised it was addressed to him, from Marshal...Prime Minister Gaston de Saint Pierre. He opened it was was surprised. He was to be Treasurer. Andronicus closed his eyes and focused for a moment. What would his father do? What would his grandfather do? It didn't take long. He knew what they would say. Standing in his grandfather's place of work, he could almost hear him speak.

The County of Athens was not enough. The Treasury would not be enough. But it was a start.

Andronicus smiled, and sat at Grandfather's...his desk. And responded to the Prime Minister that he would accept the position of Treasurer. He also put his name forward for the open position of the Cortz. The new Count of Athens smiled. Hispania would learn that he would not be known as a incompetent ingrate clinging to the legacy of a great ancestor. They would learn that he was a Titan in his own right.

athens COA 2.png
Due to the extremely close vote on whether to accept the Constitution proposed by my Grandfather, I seek to call for the Court to discuss it openly, so it can be modified into something that is acceptable for more parties. All comments and critics are welcome to participate, from the lowest Courtier to the Emperor himseslf

- Count Andronicus Mandromenos of Athens, Treasurer of Hispania

The Government of Hispania shall be divided into Three Parts: The Crown, The Nobility, and The State.

The Crown: The Crown consists of the Emperor, who heads the Trastamara Line, the lands claimed by the Crown, and certain Crown Agencies, like the Inquisition and the Spymaster. The Inquisition is free to use the Church's resources in their mission, but they report strictly to the Emperor while the Church reports to the Prime Minister.

The Nobility: The Nobility are the families that exercise local control of the provinces and leadership for the Nation. In exchange for their services to the State and Crown, they are allowed to tax the people of the provinces as a reward. The Nobility is represented by the Cortz d'Hispania and the Chamberlain

The State: The State is the various agencies that are not controlled by the Crown. The Courts, the Treasury, the Chancellory, the Army, the Navy, the Merchants, and the Church. To unify and head these various agencies is the Prime Minister, who is the head of the State.

Relations between the Crown and the other Branches: The Crown is allowed to decide which family lines are nobles and which are not, so the Crown controls the Nobility in this way. Also, the Crown is allowed to grant and revoke the land which the Nobility derives their wealth.

Also, the Emperor is allowed to choose and remove the Prime Minister with the approval of the Cortz, who is the head of the State. In this way the Crown is allowed to influence the State. Also, the Emperor is given the power to allow the Court to decide any changes to the Nation's Laws and to veto any one decision of the Court or Cabinet Members.

Relations between the Nobility and the other Branches: The Nobility shall elect three of their number to the Cortz d'Hispania. These three shall elect among themselves a Chamberlain, who is the head of the Nobility. The Chamberlain is not to be a member of the Cabinet, and the Prime Minister is not to be a member of the Cortz. If needed, the Emperor is allowed to break a deadlock with the agreement of the Prime Minister, but it is encouraged for the members of the Cortz to settle the issue themselves. The Cortz, by majority (2 of 3) approval, can reject part or whole of ANY Cabinet Member's plan and by unanimous (3 of 3) vote, deny the succession of the Crown Prince to Emperor. Should the latter occur, the second in line of the current or most recent Emperor will become the Emperor or Crown Prince of Hispania, which cannot be denied. The members of the Cortz cannot have their titles removed during their tenure nor be imprisoned and tried, nor can their immediate descendants (strictly one generation) be stripped of their titles regardless if those descendants are members of the Cortz. The Great Council, however, can revoke these protections should there be cause. Also, should the Chamberlain believe that a member of the Cabinet other than the Prime Minister be unfit for duty, he can call for that Cabinet's member's removal, with the Emperor's approval.

Relations between the State and the other Branches: The Prime Minister, once selected, is allowed to choose and remove at will the members of the Cabinet. The members of the Cabinet are the ones who head the various Agencies: The Chancellor, the Treasurer, the Steward, the Marshal, the Grand Admiral, the Grandmaster. The Court Chaplain is to be selected by the Council of Churches but with the approval of the Prime Minister. As the State is the only Branch allowed to take direct action, it does not need the means to check the other Branches.

The Great Council: The Emperor or his chosen Replacement, the Cortz, and the Prime Minister and his Cabinet form the Great Council. The Great Council is to decide on any matters too important for one Branch such as Amending the Constitution and trying any member of the Great Council. Even if a person gains a place on the Great Council multiple ways, they only have one vote.

Emergency Powers: Should the Affairs of a Nation reach a point where the Great Council feels that a simpler more direct approach is needed, they are allowed to surrender their Power to an Emergency Council. The Great Council is to determine how long the Emergency Council is to remain in power before it takes control. All members of the Great Council who are not to be part of the Emergency Council are to vacate their posts until the Emergency Council disbands.

The Emergency Council will be composed of the Emperor, Chamberlain, Prime Minister, Chancellor, Grand Admiral, and the Marshal. The Marshal will assume the Steward's duties. The Chancellor the Treasurer’s. The Grand Admiral the Grandmaster's. These six people are beholden to no power and are to vote on any issue that is needed. If a tie is to be broken, the Emperor will get a second vote. No member can be forced to stand down nor can a replacement be approved expect by the other five. The rules of replacing a Crown Prince still applies, should the current Crown Prince be denied succession, the second will become Emperor.

Last edited:
((Private))

Emperor Joan III met with his sister Isabel in the palace's library, where the princess spent most of her time. Isabel has surely taken after their mother in her love of knowledge, always with her nose in a book. Many a times she avoided social events at the palace to go off and read, something that may have made her smarter but kept her from pursuing marriage. With their father gone, it was time for Joan to speak to his sister on the matter.

Joan sat down beside his sister, who was reading a book near the fireplace. She gave him a cursory glance before returning to her book. The emperor cleared his throat and said, "I was wondering if you perhaps wanted my assistance in arranging a match for you."

Isabel dropped her book down in her lap and stared at the fireplace for a moment. "I am perfectly content with life as it is, thank you very much."

"Don't you desire a husband and children, a home of your own?"

"Do you mean do I want to give up my independence to a man and slave away managing a household and caring for a bunch of crying babes, I can safely say I do not."

"But you're a princess, and one who is almost thirty," Joan said. His sister gave him a glare at the mention of her age, but he persisted. "Your royal duty is to marry, for the sake of the realm."

Isabel let out a sigh. "I do not wish to insult our family, but I simply do not want to be pawned off on some lecherous old man for a political alliance."

"What if I let you choose your future husband?" Joan asked. "You could accept whatever offer you pleased."

The princess thought over it for a moment, before nodding her consent. "That is better, but the idea of a bunch of suitors showing up at court to woo me would be too much for me."

Joan concealed a smirk. His sister had a shy nature and he could well imagine how she'd react to a bunch of men being so forward with her. He'd need a compromise. "Perhaps instead of having suitors come here to harass you," Joan said as Isabel laughed at his comment, "you could go to them and meet with those you were actually interested in."

"You want me to go around in search of a husband? Sounds a bit desperate, doesn't it?"

Joan formulated the idea in his mind before continuing. "How about a royal tour of sorts? You could travel across Europe, meeting with royal families of the various nations, and perhaps some eligible bachelors, but as a show of good will from Hispania rather than for the purpose of seeking a husband."

"A diplomatic tour?" Isabel said, her face scrunched up in confusion. "This sounds like some plan to get me out of the palace."

Joan let out a light-hearted laugh at that. "I promise that it isn't. It could be a fun opportunity, a chance to see the world. And as I said before, you would get to pick whoever you wanted to be your husband, so there would be no pressure on you. Just go out there and look at least."

Isabel remained silent for a moment, fiddling with the book in her hand. She glanced over at her brother and said, "I have always wanted to visit the other European countries. I've read such wondrous things about them."

"Then it's settled," Joan said. "I shall have a proper escort assigned to you as you travel across Europe. Bolster relations with the other nations, but don't forget to look out for a future husband."

Isabel slowly rose from her seat, setting her book down on a nearby table. "I suppose I better start packing then."

Fausto, seeing the terrible discipline of his platoon decided to start having practice firing and following fire orders. He booked the practice range for the day to give his men somewhere to practice. He started with the more disciplined regulars under the Greek and Hispanian sergeants to set the platoon standard.

"Each of you is to fire a single shot, I will check for accuracy and time, then you are to follow my orders, imagine you are in an actual battle."
The 20 men say in unison, "Sir, yes, sir!", then ready the muskets and fire them.
"Hmm... 25 seconds, a little slow, and 14 of you hit the targets, not bad, but that was 50 yards, we would be slaughtered at 100 yards!"
Fausto then realizing he had a lot of work to do cover his face with his hand before starting orders.
"Prime and load!"
The men prime the gun, but only one soldier, understanding what the lieutenant wanted, completely reloaded the musket and took aim without firing.
"Well, at least one of you understood why memorization is important in battle," his voice having a hint of anger at his men's incompetence.
"You are to continue this until you can improve both your time and accuracy. You can leave once you can all hit a target in 20 seconds. Sergeants, you are to take up the slack when I leave," he then turns to face the rest of his platoon, "Next week the colonial and Italian squads are to do this."
Fausto hoped that his men would improve enough to survive battle when it comes.
"Now then, how many of you have actually been in battle?"
Twelve men raised their hands, all from varied squads. Fausto then went to his room in the officer building to relieve the pent up stress from the day.

Journal entry 1
Date: August 1, 1683

My men are idiots.

Lieutenant Fausto Villanova

Reactions:
(( Just gonna say that I love those ICs xD. Though I'll say a single word: You're expectations are a bit high, because the weapons at that time were very, very inaccurate, so hitting all the targers is implausible. That's why infantry was put in big masses to maximize the chance to hit. BTW the best part of this IC is the journal entry. It seriously made me laugh for a short while ;) ))

Answer to Count Andronicus
"My reason for rejecting your great grandfather's work is very simple: It restricts the power of the Emperor too much. Can we really take from our ruler something that was gifted to him from God himself? After all God is the one to grant thier powers to Kings and Emperors, so limiting our most generous and gracious ruler's power means meddling with God's affairs, and I don't think we would wish to anger the Almight One even further with our actions. We must also look on the other side of things. Giving more power to the people will mean that our nation might suffer. After all not everone is as talented as your grandfather. We are just mortal men and some of us aren't as good as others. We cannot strengthen the council and hope that everyone who will sit in it will be a master in their position. I propose an alternate path: We make the Emperor even more powerful, not as powerful as the French, because we all saw where absolute power can lead, but we should let our monarch to decide on all the matters after being proposed. He should have the final voice in everything. After all God watches over him and guides him in his decisions."

((To be honest this is one thing I kind of noticed: Everyone's character is always so good and great, they usually lack flaws. At least most of the time. And while I can understand why we would want that, we should keep in mind that no human ever was flawless and we all have a bad trait or two. I'm of course not saying that we should make characters bad all of the sudden, but I think it's something we all should think about. ))

Last edited: