• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Forgot to do colonial nation vote))

Colonial Nation Name:
1. Leonia
2. Trastamaria
3. Ferrania

~Hernando Francisco de Leon

"Is my armor on properly?" Velazquez asked Gutierrez.

The priest shrugged. Damn fool, he was going to get trounced.

The cardinal looked out across the tourney field to his opponent. He had never heard of this Montoya. The lad looked like a foppish dandy in ill-fitting armor. The Iron Cardinal would crush him despite his old age. If old man Cheesus could win then certainly age was just a number.

Perhaps he would kill this fool. Already the heathen's son had died. Mayhaps the body count would climb. The Iron Cardinak was turned in by the sight of blood and death. All in the name of the Lord of course...

The two opponents began their tilt and their horses stormed ahead. Montoya's sleek mare gracefully sprinted ahead at a beakneck pace. Velazquez snorted. Too fast. His own steed, Glory, was slow but he was steady, which was what really counted in a joust. Most impressive importantly, Velazquez was an elite rider, as hundreds of dead Tuscans could attest to. Jousting was ninety percent riding, his father always said.

Montoya struck first, as the Velazquez expected. It was a square hit. But the Iron Cardinal and Glory stood firm. With Montoya's breast exposed, Velazquez struck. He hit the young knight directly in the chest with his powerful lance. The poor lad had no chance and he immediately fell off his horse.

Victory! The Lord had shined his light on him. Surely the court would read this as a sign of divine favor. Perhaps the Counter Reformation would take hold after all.

Sadly the young Velazquez and the incompetent Gutierrez were not so lucky...

Duke Montségur knew it would be a good day. Sure, he had to care for his nephew, devastated by the loss of his father and his own bout. It would harden him. But winning his own bout and now facing a merchant, his chances were good to continue, and his brother wouldn't live in his wake any longer. A tragic death, but at least one befitting his rank. Perhaps Martin would have to be the colony's governor to give him other thoughts...

Duke Louis Clément de Montségur readies for the next bout, wishing his opponent good luck - he will need it.

The sun was waning by the time the joust began. Manuel seemed to sit uneasy in his saddle, perhaps he recognized he was up against a relative of the Iron Cardinal, and thus he expected a interesting bout, Juan noted.

But all too soon the trumpet sounded, and they charged. The horses snorted as the crowd further cheered, until they met. A great splintering of wood occuree, but neither Manuel or his opponent had fallen, although there was evidence of some potentially small injuries by some small wood splinters falling out from the chinks in the mail. And so they reset, new lances and thus a second bout. This time they charged towards another, manuel holding his lance steady until the last moment, a trick that Juan could remember father teaching both him and Manuel when they were young, just before Juan was sent to the church. The trick worked, and the opponient was unseated, whilst Manuel stood firm.

(perspective change to Manuel)

It was a good bout. Manuel quickly dismounted, as soon as he was able, and met with his fallen foe, par a few nicks to their arms, and a sore rear on his opponets half, both were well. Manuel helped him up, and they made small talk until Manuel's victory was announced, there Manuel accepted his victory, and learnt he was to face the Iron Cardinal. Tis to be expected, he was good under my brothers namesake he mused. And so he made his way to his tent. On route he saw the Cardinal, and wished God's Luck upon him. Then he reached his tent, and was instantly swamped by family. Alejandro was trying to coherently babble out how exciting it was, and that he wish he could've taken part, for not the first time. The rest of the family then hugged and offered congradulations, with even a cheeky grin coming from his brother Juan, he knows the move i did Manuel reasoned. And then he met his belisimo wife, and they shared a long and endearing kiss, with her praying a mantra to God altmignty that her husband was still alive. And so the de Soneta camp turned in for the night...

Niccolo Limmona receives a court update and letter from one of his friends high in the TATC, as such he sends a letter to the King changing his vote on the TATC monopoly debate;

TATC Monopoly : Yes

He sends a letter back to his contact notifying him of this.

Changed my vote on Counter-reformation from
Counter reformation: Ja (Yes)

to

Counter Reformation: Nee (No)

((Private letter to Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen))

After an accident happened to one of our councillors I am happy to inform you that you are given a seat in Trans-Atlantic Trade Company's council.

Auguste de Saint-Pierre

((Private letter to Miguel Villanova @DragonOfAtlantis ))

Dear Miguel,
I write to you to ask you to reconsider your vote on the matter of counter reformation. While I can understand why one would vote in favour for it I fear the church may oppose progress as it has done in the past. If we wish to improve the condition of colonists and traders we must always adapt new ways, and with clergy gaining more power it may not be possible. That's why I ask you to only reconsider your vote.

Your friend,
Auguste de Saint-Pierre

((Private letter to Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen))

After an accident happened to one of our councillors I am happy to inform you that you are given a seat in Trans-Atlantic Trade Company's council.

Auguste de Saint-Pierre
((Private letter to Auguste de Saint-Pierre))

Thank you for putting me on the council. I will not disappoint you. May God be with you, and your company.

- Jan Pieterszoon van Antwerpen

So he was to face the Duc de Soneta next round. It should be an exciting joust. The Sonetas were one of the only virtuous noble families in all of Aragon (after all, Stephen X was a de Soneta) so a defeat would be no shame. Still, the Iron Cardinal did not like to lose.

((Private letter to Saint-Piere))
Dear Auguste de Saint-Piere,
I have thought over this matter and have decided to take your advice and change my vote.

Sincerely,
Miguel Villanova

Counter-Reformation:No

Reactions:
((Sorry for being a few hours late. Opening presents and whatnot. :p Here are the results. No one died this time. :D

Don Chesús vs Duke Juan de Porcelli - Victor: Don Chesús
Both combatants were unharmed.

Hernan Villanova vs Prince Marti de Trastámara - Victor: Prince Marti de Trastámara
Hernan sustained minor wounds, but Marti was unharmed.

Markos vs Bernal Pascual Etxeto - Victor: Markos
Markos was unharmed, but Bernal sustained minor wounds.

Duke Louis Clément de Montségur vs Henri de Saint-Pierre - Victor: Henri de Saint-Pierre
Louis received a deep wound to the torso that was not fatal, but Henri sustained minor wounds.

Cardinal Cassano Velazquez vs Duke Manuel de Soneta - Victor: Cardinal Cassano Velazquez
The Iron Cardinal was unharmed, but Manuel sustained minor wounds.

Bartomeu de Trastámara vs Crown Prince Pere de Trastámara - Victor: Crown Prince Pere de Trastámara
Bartomeu sustained minor wounds, but Pere was unharmed.

Matthais de Saint-Pierre vs Robert Johann Lübecker - Victor: Matthais de Saint-Pierre
Matthais was unharmed, but Robert received a deep wound to the extremities that was not fatal.

Antoni de Trastámara automatically won because Almudena Hashem withdrew.

Players have 24 hours to send me any orders of sabotage or attempted murder. The winner gets to write up IC of their bout, as long as it fits the result given, so no killing or wounding your opponent when they were unharmed. I also find it hilarious that two of the people with the lowest chance of victory keep winning. :p))

((inb4 the finals are just Trastamara vs Trastamara))

Reactions:
((Private - The Iron Cardinal @Andre Massena ))

Your eminence, my congratulations on winning your round yet again. God must surely guide your arm.
Marina smiles brightly.
It seems however that at court, God is being outshone by coin. Most mysterious that an entire trade company should start opposing the church. Perhaps their power should be curtailed? Their demands for more monopolies can only spread faithlessness to the colonies.

Reactions:
Henri sat on his horse in front of him his oponent Duke Louis Clément de Montségur. He looked at him with rage and desire to kill in eyes. The bout began. The rode towards each other. He prepared his lance but the Duke managed to sneak a hit just as Henri was about to block. It didn't throw him of the horse but he felt pain in his chest. It didn't seem bad, but that could only be proven after the fight. They prepared for the second round. The got closer and closer and Henri knew he had the Duke this time. He aimed his lance right at the Duke's chest and just seconds bofore it made contact he expanded the hidden spike. It went right through Dukes armour gravely wounding him. The Duke fell right off his horse as Henri rode forwars. His chest still reminding him about Duke's hit. Henri didn't care for the Duke. He just wanted to face the Etxeto wo wounded his brother. But the noble didn't make it. This made Henri even more furious. If the noble wouldn't pay, everyone else would. His next enemy was Markos Sastre. Henri had to do EVERYTHING he can to ensure that he wins. Guillaume would surely want that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Matthias rode forward he felt something he didn't feel in a long him. He finally felt happy. Did he really need to listen to those shady men? No... He should enjoy this torunament. No more tricks just his skill. Robert Lübecker proved quite a match but after few rounds Matthias has hit his enemy in the arm nearly piercing it. As soon as he stopped his horse he took off his helmet and ran towards his opponent. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I did not mean it to end this way! Please forgive me!' Metthias said "I hope you recover quicly "You fought formitably. I could learn few thing from you!"

His next enemy would be Antoni de Trastamara. The figures would watch him, but he didn't care anymore. This would be a fair fight.

Duke Montségur groaned as the medicus bowed over him. A deep wound, because of that merchant... Something wasn't right. Wood felt different than what hit him. Maybe it was just the pain speaking - maybe not. He would give it some more thought, and if there was something fishy, then the man would have to pay.

((I guess one would notice a hidden spike. If not, then he won't take action later.))

Crack

A third pass and a third breaking of lances. The crowd roared. Soneta and the Iron Cardinal were putting on quite a show for the crowd

Would this round ever end? Velazquez's health was superb for a man his age but he could not keep it up much longer. He would have to win on the next pass. If he could not win with brawn he would win with brain.

On the fourth try he feigned exhaustion. He slowed his horse down, bent his head and lance, and waited for Soneta to come to him. It was a gamble, as the duke was an excellent jouster, but he had to try. When Soneta was almost on top of him he could see that his opponent had relaxed for a second as he saw Velazquez's "condition".

That was his chance to strike. In a flash, as if God Himself was in control, the Iron Cardinal rose his lance and hit de Soneta's shoulder. The duke was thrown off-balance and then fell off his horse. The joust was over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the noble Madame Sastre,

Thank you for your well-wishes. I leave my fate on the jousting field to the Lord's hands. May He bless me with a victory.

You are quite right to fear the rising power of the courtiers. It appears that the warnings of the great Cardinal de Vascona were correct and the merchants are attempting to seize control of the kingdom. This clique is controlled by Jews and heretics that wish for nothing less than the destruction of Aragon. They have no morals and their god is the god of profit and gold. We must stop them before it is too late. Already the Counter Reformation is in danger thanks to their antics.

Unfortunately, I am too old to see this fight to its conclusion. Can you help guide the next generation of clergy against these malcontents? Even though you are a woman you have the heart of a man and the spirit of some of the Church's greatest women.

With blessings,

Cardinal Cassano Velazquez