• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

alscon

Magister Inquisitiones
74 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
((Well, that was an interesting for exploration :). Though it is sad that he had to go on alone :(... I will try to cover most of the events in RP, and as he is in contact to civilization, I can act in character as well. And all these events show how small the expedition really is, I doubt they would attack 5k European soldiers :p. Bankrupt Castile is great, we can snatch Brazil to gain it in the ToT now ;).))

The Aragonese lessons quickly paid off. She had to be a useful member of the expedition instead of just 'the commander's little girl', and it seemed to work. A bright young woman, Aurélie, as he called her, not bothering to ask for her native name. She had already understood the basics when the tragedy struck de Leon. The other conquistador was almost a fatherly figure for Montségur, despite having spent few time with him, so he vowed revenge. The expedition feared a similar fate to de Leon's party and mostly stayed back. Another eccentricity of their leader should not cost them their lives. If he returned, he would at least gain even the last man entirely for his cause. After all they had been through, they feared some natives? Not with him! His most loyal followers with him, he searched for the attackers.

He found them. But he got separated from his men. No matter. For a bit more than an hour, he picked off some unsuspecting individuals and cut them into pieces just like they had done to Leon. With severed hands, feet and heads, he spread terror amongst the natives while waiting for reinforcements to finish them off, but to no avail. He was captured as well, the angry Huylans readying themselves to execute him. His brother was right, after all. He had to tame his temper.

His resistance was futile, the brutes holding him not letting him escape. Just as he was ready for the end, a shot was heard, which distracted the brutes. Then Aurélie stormed forward out of the wild and laid he head upon his, shouting something in their barbarian language. The chief grunted and ordered Montségur released. He even returned him the weapons they stole after Valeyron arrived.

Denis was baffled. 'What happened exactly back then? Explain yourself.' Aurélie avoided his pertinent gaze, then looked into his eyes with the same admiration as when he saw her the first time.
'You saved me. Now I saved you.' The perplexity on Montségur's face made her move on.
'My original name is Cavillaca Yupanqui, though I like how you call me. I am a princess of Cusco, and threatened them with my father's revenge should they go on. Huyla is an enemy of Cusco, and all that saves them is the current peace. I had been kidnapped before by that gold-hating tribe, and you saved me as you attacked my captors, for which I was in your debt.'

Montségur didn't want to believe this coincidental luck he had, but he soon had to. In Ayaviri, his expedition met the ruler of Cusco as he was currently in the province. The temperature had fallen, and the men grumbled ever so often about it. But Aurélie's, or Cavillaca's, words were true, and 'the Inca' was overjoyed to see her again. Denis couldn't decline their hospitality, and so they spent the winter in Cusco. A friendly land with rather impressive buildings, one that he thought he would never encounter here in the New World. But he had to move on. As the temperature rose again, the expedition left again, Aurélie having insisted to go with them. Montségur had been right – it was very useful to spare her, she even saved his life. Full of excitement, he wondered what other adventures awaited him.

Last edited:
Reactions:

zenphoenix

Field Marshal
54 Badges
Mar 4, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
((Well, that was an interesting for exploration :). Though it is sad that he had to go on alone :(... I will try to cover most of the events in RP, and as he is in contact to civilization, I can act in character as well. And all these events show how small the expedition really is, I doubt they would attack 5k European soldiers :p. Bankrupt Castile is great, we can snatch Brazil to gain it in the ToT now ;).))

The Aragonese lessons quickly paid off. She had to be a useful member of the expedition instead of just 'the commander's little girl', and it seemed to work. A bright young woman, Aurélie, as he called her, not bothering to ask for her native name. She had already understood the basics when the tragedy struck de Leon. The other conquistador was almost a fatherly figure for Montségur, despite having spent few time with him, so he vowed revenge. The expedition feared a similar fate to de Leon's party and mostly stayed back. Another eccentricity of their leader should not cost them their lives. If he returned, he would at least gain even the last man entirely for his cause. After all they had been through, they feared some natives? Not with him! His most loyal followers with him, he searched for the attackers.

He found them. But he got separated from his men. No matter. For a bit more than an hour, he picked off some unsuspecting individuals and cut them into pieces just like they had done to Leon. With severed hands, feet and heads, he spread terror amongst the natives while waiting for reinforcements to finish them off, but to no avail. He was captured as well, the angry Huylans readying themselves to execute him. His brother was right, after all. He had to tame his temper.

His resistance was futile, the brutes holding him not letting him escape. Just as he was ready for the end, a shot was heard, which distracted the brutes. Then Aurélie stormed forward out of the wild and laid he head upon his, shouting something in their barbarian language. The chief grunted and ordered Montségur released. He even returned him the weapons they stole after Valeyron arrived.

Denis was baffled. 'What happened exactly back then? Explain yourself.' Aurélie avoided his pertinent gaze, then looked into his eyes with the same admiration as when he saw her the first time.
'You saved me. Now I saved you.' The perplexity on Montségur's face made her move on.
'My original name is Cavillaca Yupanqui, though I like how you call me. I am a princess of Cusco, and threatened them with my father's revenge should they go on. Huyla is an enemy of Cusco, and all that saves them is the current peace. I had been kidnapped before by that gold-hating tribe, and you saved me as you attacked my captors, for which I was in your debt.'

Montségur didn't want to believe this coincidental luck he had, but he soon had to. In Ayaviri, his expedition met the ruler of Cusco as he was currently in the province. The temperature had fallen, and the men grumbled ever so often about it. But Aurélie's, or Cavillaca's, words were true, and 'the Inca' was overjoyed to see her again. Denis couldn't decline their hospitality, and so they spent the winter in Cusco. A friendly land with rather impressive buildings, one that he thought he would never encounter here in the New World. But he had to move on. As the temperature rose again, the expedition left again, Aurélie having insisted to go with them. Montségur had been right – it was very useful to spare her, she even saved his life. Full of excitement, he wondered what other adventures awaited him.
((So if Cusco forms Inca can we form an alliance with them? For RP reasons, of course.))

Colonel
62 Badges
Jul 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
Your Majesty,
I wish to present my ministry plan. The newly built trade ships should protect trade in the Genoa node. Our main trade ports always need protection, and I believe it will be the most beneficial location for them. Rest of the plan shall remain the same.
Maxime de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
137 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Xs93UHA.png

My plans as Treasurer and Grand Admiral remain the same, with the exception that we should upgrade any ships that are outdated if funds are available.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

DragonOfAtlantis

"Something historical sounding"
24 Badges
Jul 27, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
*Miguel couldn't believe his eyes, the small colony transformed into a small bustling settlement over the course of several years*
"With that done, let's look at the resources we can ship out to Aragon. Hmm... grain could grow better elsewhere, there aren't enough trees for ship building... No gold *sigh*..."
*Miguel decided to pick the only resource that seemed plentiful on the island, fish*

alscon

Magister Inquisitiones
74 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2
((So if Cusco forms Inca can we form an alliance with them? For RP reasons, of course.))
Very much doubt so. But the Montségur family will of course advocate for it :D! Besides, I am sure the following part will interest you most.

The Inca had deemed to end the Huyla in a spring campaign, after the period of peace seemed too long, and Montségur gladly took part in it. It didn't take long until they were defeated, and the chief brought before him. The favour he had asked for had been granted, and he took much pleasure in achieving his revenge for de Leon and his humiliation, as his blade cut through the chief. Examining the corpse a last time before leaving this dark chapter of his life behind him, he recognized a sword hanging at his side. Weird, for no native carried a sword of any sort. Then he recognized it. De Leon's sword, an ancient family heirloom from Roman times, as he was told. He certainly would want his family to have it back, so he took it with him. It was the least he could do.

Leaving Cusco behind shined a new light on the natives. But that light didn't take long to fade again. A tribe in Chichas had been particularly aggressive... and numerous... so they had to run. They fled, but only to end up at another Poison Rock as de Leon had described to Montségur. Exhausted from the run and the death of the horses, the invitation of the tribe in Ucayali was most welcome. By now, Montségur was used to the different kinds of natives, but that was truly strange. The men deserved it though.

He stayed back. As far from home as he may be, he was still a noble, and one with a very clear idea of honour. This... excursion was beneath him. 'Amazons – what strange things are still to discover?''What is an Amazon?' Ever since the time in Cusco, he had treated her differently, almost as an equal. He would have never thought he'd do that before, but she was no normal savage. He had taught her much of Europe, Aragonese, now French, even initiated her in the pinnacle of strategy – chess, with the figures he had made – just what he wanted to do since Karunga. But she was also a princess, and that nobility helped even more.

If not for her phenotype, he could have thought she was a European by now – well, an European in the New World, like him. It was rough, and one had to adapt. 'An Amazon comes from ancient Greek tales – feared warrior women who stay clear of men, basically.'She took his musket. 'So I am an Amazon with this weapon in hand?' Montségur laughed. 'I am cowering of fear!' His men would maybe not be the only ones to enjoy themselves here...

((well, at least I don't see the Huyla, so I guess this was their fate :rolleyes:))

Reactions:

Michaelangelo

Archaeopteryx
137 Badges
Feb 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
((Well we only have one thing to vote on: our third idea group. Remember that this vote is tiered, so vote for your top three choices in the order you want them. I'll include an image of all available idea groups and here is a description of them. I would highly recommend we pick a military idea, since we have enough military points to spare and have been struggling to keep up with admin and diplo. Remember to include your character name, class, etc, and bold your votes. The vote will last until Monday at 12pm PST.

Idea: 1.
3.​

))

Colonel
57 Badges
Feb 19, 2015
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
((I'm assuming the Idea voting is OOC so

Idea 1 : Offensive
Idea 2 : Quality
Idea 3 : Aristocratic

))

(( Jaume Limmona, Landed Noble, Cortz member and Chancellor))

((Also I won't be able to get on Coldfront till Thursday so, the Chancellor plan is to be kept the same.))

alscon

Magister Inquisitiones
74 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2
Seaman barked again. How he loved that dog. He had even missed that sound when he was separated from his expedition, even if he hated it. The two persons in front of him awaited his answer. An interpreter and a guide? Well, he didn't see why... and a pregnant woman as well... the expedition was no place for a baby...

'What do you think, Valeyron?'

'Monseigneur, I think you should hire them. Your lady's language knowledge has long stopped to be a help, and we have seen how advantageous the locals are.'

'A good point, I might consider that. But the child? And do we need a guide? What if he leads us away from the gold instead of to it?'

Valeyron grinned. 'With all due respect, the men tire of chasing after you more than after gold.'

'Then keep your eyes open! How foolish does one have to be to lose one's leader! What have you done to do this! Met more Amazons?'

'No, no, certainly not!'

'And the river forks? Didn't you notice the characteristic yellow sparkle in the left arm?'

Valeyron didn't want to speak about this any longer. 'Well, there was no gold there...'

'Because the river continued under the rock! No matter, I don't agree.'

'But what if Martí gets ill or worse? How are we poor souls going to find you?'

The irony in Valeyron's voice was helping his argument. 'You are lucky we go way back, old friend.' Montségur smiled. 'Well, then it is settled. They will be a good help.'

((Ideas:

1. Offensive
2. Quality
3. Quantity

[unlanded noble, conquistador]))

Reactions:

Andre Massena

Warrior-Representative Fanatic
43 Badges
Sep 23, 2013
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
There was no Northwest Passage. In the north there was only ice and a large bay. Sancho decided to call it Sancho Bay, even though some obscure Dutch explorer may have reached it first. Down south was more of the same- natives who loved bears, hated guns, and tried to attack the ship. A fun adventure but nothing groundbreaking.

Sancho sighed as the Ave Maria sailed back home. Perhaps he should retire when they docked in Valencia? Aragon was going to war and it would make exploring difficult. Plus he was old and childless. Maybe it was really time to settle down.

But he still had one idea...

wzhang29

Haliaeetus maurocephalus
19 Badges
Nov 26, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
((Ideas:
1. Naval
2. Quality
3. Influence
[courtier, explorer]

))

delpiero1234

WritAAR
33 Badges
Jun 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV
((Ideas:
1. Expansion Ideas (even if we only take the first idea we will be able to colonize a lot faster)
2. Influence Ideas (always good)
3. Offensive Ideas (good military idea group)
[landed noble; diplomat]
))

ThePatriotOfDreumel

Queen of Nothing, A Lack of Things and Emptiness.
61 Badges
May 6, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
Name: Ferdinant II de Almeria
Date of birth: 1st of october 1515
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Tragedy has struck the de Almeria family, Ferdinant's father, also named Ferdinant, got captured by the morrocan military while trading in the city of Tangiers and brutally executed in the town square, as a result of the Morrocan-Aragonese rivalry. Luckily for Ferdinant, he inherited his father's fortunes, and made the trip of Granada to Sevilla, where he would turn 19, but he could not continue his father's trade and instead became a courtier at the Aragonese court, while trying to find new ways to get huge fortunes.

Reactions: