• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello Empire of Sin Players!

Thank you so much for playing Empire of Sin! We are so excited to finally let you loose on the streets of Chicago and look forward to hearing all about your criminal empires and exploits going forth. But first, I would like to take a moment and talk about what the future holds. It’s two things, mainly.

First, we have some updates coming your way. We are dedicated to making this game as great as it can be and that’s why the feedback we have been getting from you is so important to us. Over the upcoming weeks and months, we will be working on delivering patches to improve your experience with the game.

Second, it’s no surprise that there will be DLCs coming down the road! You’re going places and meeting new people. I can’t share much more than that at the moment, but we think you’ll enjoy it.

From the entire team, thank you so much for your support of this game.

Brenda Romero
Game Director

Can you please add the ability in Steam to roll back updates, like you can with most Paradox games? This latest update has completely broken the game for me, so now I can't even play :( Would love to be able to roll back to a previous version when this happens.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello everybody,
I’m curious if there wil be an option to put the save games in a cloud or shared disk. It would be great to be able to switch between PC/Laptop.
Save games are under the ...\AppData\LocalLow\RomeroGames\EmpireOfSin\GameSaves\ folder .
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

You can email them to yourself or use Dropbox.

Reactions:

Thank you so much for playing Empire of Sin! We are so excited to finally let you loose on the streets of Chicago and look forward to hearing all about your criminal empires and exploits going forth. But first, I would like to take a moment and talk about what the future holds. It’s two things, mainly.

First, we have some updates coming your way. We are dedicated to making this game as great as it can be and that’s why the feedback we have been getting from you is so important to us. Over the upcoming weeks and months, we will be working on delivering patches to improve your experience with the game.

Second, it’s no surprise that there will be DLCs coming down the road! You’re going places and meeting new people. I can’t share much more than that at the moment, but we think you’ll enjoy it.

Brenda Romero
Game Director

I know everyone is hating on y'all rn and it's all hectic, but keep up the hard work and deliver what you promised. It can be done.

Love,
Orgazmo

• 7Like
Reactions:
Hello Developers

I bought the full spaghetti dinner "pre order premium" on xbox one which includes "The Good Son" and Al Capone's legendary winter coat for which he hides his Tommy gun, I live in "Illinois" which is a true gangster state, so I know alot about gangster's and I really like this game, but I found it weird that gangster's are walking up and down the street in parade formation without a automobile, lot of laughs. "Anyway I noticed when you first start to pick a new game the KingPin Gangster Boss Al Capone's cigar its missing along with the smoke when you decide to wear his thick snow coat, but he still does the smoking animation. But if I decide to take it off in the game play options the cigar will appear. Can you fix the invisible cigar for Al Capone.

"Call me Scarface and I will break your leg's" with a baseball bat! True Gangster Style !!

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:

Brenda Romero
Game Director
So a few more weeks before I get to play the game? Cause game bugging crashes don't seem to be a fun mechanic right now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Kinda interested where the empire building part of this game is?

Combat is good, Cities look nice
But i feel like the part where you actually run your empire is missing

there are only 3 types of rackets and having a street full with doubles or triples of them is kinda useless in my opinion.

also running around aimlessly and with cash not playing any significant role in the game I am missing some kind of goal.

hoped to see some more aspects like smuggeling, ambushes, turf wars etc.

As i am from an older generation i kinda get excited and hope that the devs put in some things from the best gangster game ever made in my opinion. Gangsters organized crime 1998

this game had almost all. and it's kinda similar in a way but the empire building and management is just missing.

here you could go for extortion rings, kidnapping , smuggling and exporting booze, raid banks or business, intimidating rats or other people to not sell you out, and the biggest of all front ends for your illegal business

with all the hush hush stuff having a big sign with speakeasy on the front is kinda obvious.

I dont know if you are known with the game. but otherwise please have a look into it for future dlcs as i kinda like the game and what it can become with a few good updates.

tldr: Game is nice but lacks alot of content

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Months? Really? So basically I could have bought a full functioning game when I get a PS5? Don't release games that are broken. We want to game now, not buy a broken game and wait months before we can actually play it.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Brenda Romero
Game Director
I am loving the game so far, but with over 10 hours of play time I have encountered 3 run breaking bugs and I beg for the development team to focus on bug fixing because not only the amount is worrying, but the detrimental effect they have on the playability of the game itself. The First run: Reyna ended because of a bug that made him stand in place stuck with an animation that made the character and the game stutter for over 10 seconds before the character could perform any action in combat. Second run, played as Donovan and in one of his main story missions, the one that you go to look for the guns that were stolen from us has an eternal loading screen, literally eternal, tried to leave the game loading overnight and the mission never loaded. Third run, played as Frank Ragen and while attacking thugs in the alleys, twice one of my gang members did not join the combat and stood in the middle of it without me being able to do anything about that other than being heavily outnumbered, that run culminated because, eventually I tried to use the ambush functionality on more thugs in alleys, and combat started, no actions were presented to me other than pressing control to leave ambush mode which did not perform such task, and 5 minutes later, after restarting the game, entered combat and when I selected melee attack the UI disappeared almost entirely and when I manually clicked on the unit I wanted to hit, Rage proceeded to run towards it and started the melee animation with an invisible weapon and halfway through the animation the game froze completely, no crash or anything, it just died.
Another small nitpick, please add a glossary or something to explain core game mechanics, for example when selecting a Boss most abilities provide debuffs and/or buffs and there is no way to know what those do other than assuming their effect by their name.
Finally, please add a bug report functionality in the game or something, because it took me a nice 5 minutes to come to this forum and I'm almost sure it's not the right one to report bugs but there is no indication on where to deliver this complains.
Thanks for the great game, it would be a true 10/10 without all those bugs no expansion needed, not until I can play a single run to the end. Even with everything I complained about I am heavily inclined to start a new run with another boss, but due to not wanting to completely burn out of the game by encountering further game breaking bugs, I am going to give the game a rest for now.

Reactions:

Brenda Romero
Game Director

I know alot of people are upset about the bugs in the release and i understand the frustration but i really like the foundation of the game and i feel like the community and the devs through time can make this game so much better. So don't be discouraged by the negative feedback. I think the game has potential as more patches, updates, DLCs, and mods will make the experience better.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Any chance of getting a window of expectation for the first (major) patch along with a line-item list of what might be fixed and/or acknowledged bugs?

When not impeded by a game-stopping bug, I was definitely enjoying the game. Looking forward to being able to play more once the game is a bit more stable.

Cheers!

• 3Like
Reactions:

Brenda Romero
Game Director
Im glad the community is being listened to, i think this is very important.
I know its just after launch and that bug fixes are priority right now but what i would like to see is a roadmap where Romero agrees with the community which system could be overhauled and deepened/improved.
Or telling me hey this game we sold u is almost like we envisioned it and aside from some quality of life changes and bugfixes don't hold your breath on us drastically changing safe house rushes or adding more rackets/legal money, no face gangsters or better diplomacy/ cop interactions and other things that could make the game great.
because this game in its current state is the quality u can expect from Romero games.
then i would appreciate it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will the DLC policy of Empire of Sin follow the model of the current Paradox titles? And beside the new things that will be added, will the map be expanded into the zones that are now unplayable? I'd like also to ask if there will be more characters, both new bosses or gangsters that can be hired.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will the DLC policy of Empire of Sin follow the model of the current Paradox titles? And beside the new things that will be added, will the map be expanded into the zones that are now unplayable? I'd like also to ask if there will be more characters, both new bosses or gangsters that can be hired.

Hi, in brenda's descriptions it is mentioned that with dlc's you will meet new characters and go to new places in the future. So the answer to your question is yes. We will have more new districts, gangsters, and new bosses, plus new trade mechanics will be added so I seem to understand. regards

Reactions:
When all you have to do is stand outside, declare war and then walk in and fight one battle to take over all of a rival gangster's territory, the challenge just isnt there - at any difficulty.

There are little things that definitely need to be worked on (fights need to be more tactically difficult and diverse, different rackets need to have more meaning, etc), but the single biggest issue with the game, imo, is the above. The actual war with a rival actually needs more depth and strategic goals.

I have enjoyed some aspects of the game, but I need to table the game until there is more to it - and it really pains me to say that.

Hi, in brenda's descriptions it is mentioned that with dlc's you will meet new characters and go to new places in the future. So the answer to your question is yes. We will have more new districts, gangsters, and new bosses, plus new trade mechanics will be added so I seem to understand. regards

Vegas

yiu will use your empire in Chicago to set up a base in neutral Las Vegas using Teamster pension fund to build magnificent hotels.

Or New York and revisit the Castalmarese War with a new Boss of Bosses.

I have to say this game's difficulty on any level is far to easy, what's the point in upgrading buildings and rushing buildings if the Al gangster enemies do nothing to stop you? This game doesn't give you a challenge, the enemy gangsters just wait for you to come and kill them. And I've never seen so many reports about bugs in a game, the reports just keep coming. I think this game was rushed, seriously!! the mechanics are bad but the art work is good.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I have to ask, is the lack of a manual a deliberate choice, an oversight, a mistake or what?

Because it seems to me to be a massive mistake that a game like this doesn't even have a basic manual.

[QUOTE = "Darrenb209, post: 27156083, membro: 950974"]
Devo chiedere, la mancanza di un manuale è una scelta deliberata, una svista, un errore o cosa?

Perché mi sembra un grave errore che un gioco come questo non abbia nemmeno un manuale di base.
[/CITAZIONE]

Kinda interested where the empire building part of this game is?

Combat is good, Cities look nice
But i feel like the part where you actually run your empire is missing

there are only 3 types of rackets and having a street full with doubles or triples of them is kinda useless in my opinion.

also running around aimlessly and with cash not playing any significant role in the game I am missing some kind of goal.

hoped to see some more aspects like smuggeling, ambushes, turf wars etc.

As i am from an older generation i kinda get excited and hope that the devs put in some things from the best gangster game ever made in my opinion. Gangsters organized crime 1998

this game had almost all. and it's kinda similar in a way but the empire building and management is just missing.

here you could go for extortion rings, kidnapping , smuggling and exporting booze, raid banks or business, intimidating rats or other people to not sell you out, and the biggest of all front ends for your illegal business

with all the hush hush stuff having a big sign with speakeasy on the front is kinda obvious.

I dont know if you are known with the game. but otherwise please have a look into it for future dlcs as i kinda like the game and what it can become with a few good updates.

tldr: Game is nice but lacks alot of content

Wow, I totally forgot about that game. Think I might get it on GOG.
Hopefully Empire will broaden the racket options, must say I was shocked at lack of things to do.
Can't wait for the next console update so I can actually get back to playing...