• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Recruit
Nov 25, 2021
Short summary of your issue Stuck in repetative dialogue

Game Version
latest (steam)

What platform are you using?
Steam

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
When doing the Hoffman quest the game gets stuck after the taxi ride back with sal. My boss is standing outside the HQ but the game is stuck in the dialogue (see pic). Nothing happens when trying to press the dialogue option, can't continue the game from here. Have to reload from the latest save point. Tried multiple times, same error every time. Having to create a stupid paradox account to report a error is just adding salt to the wounds

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Literally just play the game as intended

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• stuck.png
    stuck.png
    4,5 MB · Views: 0
Hey @165456231652, I'm sorry to hear you've encountered an issue. Just a few questions to help us investigate this further from our end:
  • Can you recall any specific gameplay steps you took in the lead-up to noticing this?
  • Could you send over a player.log and save file relating to this, please? (Information on where to find them on your machine can be found here)
Any extra information you can provide would be a great help to our coders. Thanks! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your quick reply, find the files attached below. Did some more testing and I occurred to me that there are 2 BOI chiefs that run towards me in the cutscene (see pic). Looking at the quest log it appears that most steps of the quest are duplicates (see pic).

I tried entering combat instead of escaping and after BOI wins two Sals run towards my character. I get the taxi cutscene as normal and as soon as the taxi ride is over I get a black screen with the same Sal dialogue but without the taxi ride (just all black). I can finish this dialogue but then the camera pans back to Hoffman’s place without my character there. The game appears to continue playing as usual with pop-ups, but I can’t get my camera away from Hoffman’s place. Tried the F-key to focus on character but with no effect. If I check the quest log at this stage the two optional escape boxes are crossed off (red) but only one of the two try to fight boxes have been ticked off (green).

Attachments

• 637733994310574646.rgsav
    15 MB · Views: 0
  • BOIx2.png
    BOIx2.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • DupQuest.png
    DupQuest.png
    2,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Player.log
    57,8 KB · Views: 0
Okay, thanks for the update here @165456231652, this is really helpful information! I'll pass this along to the team for you. There may be some more follow-up questions on this as we investigate further. If that's the case, I'll reach out to you again on this thread. Thanks! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
And the text that was marked as spam:

after trying several more times I managed to complete the Hoffman’s place scene without getting stuck afterwards, but the quest is still uncompleted as only one of the two “escape” requirements of the quest is completed. I think it was possible this one time as the two BOI agent spawned quite a bit from each other so I could have the two “what is this, a raid?” conversations before the fight or escape prompt showed up.