Empire of Sin - My boss character has begun walking very slowly outside of combat. I think it started after combat.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

orion_pax

Recruit
Dec 4, 2020
Short summary of your issue My boss character has begun walking very slowly outside of combat. I think it started after combat.

Game Version
Version 1.02

What platform are you using?
Playstation 4

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
As above

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

Upvote 0
6A6782A6-B0C9-4DFB-AAA9-F49B67D1B65A.jpeg

They don’t seem to be, unless I’m missing something. The effect showing is fleet footed (ironically), but the traits don’t seem to suggest anything. Plus it has been going on for several weeks in game. I’ve tried a few of the restorative items, but no change.

I have the same issue. Bau Chai-ung is walking super slow and she is not injured or drunk.
I tried placing her inside a building by herself then took her out but no results.

Edit: now that i have taken a look through her stats she gained a weird "Careful" trait. Is it possible to be because of this?

I expect this is a bug, but there are some workarounds mentioned here:

Hi

We are looking into this issue so we're interested in the steps you took leading up to when it started. If you can let us know it would aid us in reproducing the issue in-house and getting a fix out for you.

Thanks

I know it’s been a while but I’m on Xbox and same happened to me recently, reloading after it happened does nothing, before it did fixes it, but not when you load back, i did an auto battle made a safe house and appointed someone else as lieutenant, came out to see him stuck in the ground un-partied him came back and he was above ground but slow, and he gained the careful trait like someone above said. Also the reason I was using auto was because this was a fight against a leader but would just freeze in the getting ready for battle state so I resorted to that.

Last edited:
I've also came across this issue while playing on xbox. I'm playing as Dion O'Banion and I've hired George Moran through the dion missions. Since hiring him, George has always moved slowly everywhere meaning in combat outside of a building, he's not involved.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same issue. One of my gangsters "Norah Quinn" started to walk very slowly. Not sure why, and how to speed her up to normal again.
Possibly the cause is something related to calculation of speed, combined with the (un)pause function? Or something to do with the loot crates (I was looting those crates around the map). An earlier Save of the same game does not (yet) include the bug.

Unfortunately *.mkv is not an allowed file extension to upload.

I also had another bug in a previous game, where an enemy was lieing on the floor, yet still being able to perform actions like shooting.

Attachments

• bug_slow_walking.zip
    18,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Same issue. One of my gangsters "Norah Quinn" started to walk very slowly. Not sure why, and how to speed her up to normal again.
Possibly the cause is something related to calculation of speed, combined with the (un)pause function? Or something to do with the loot crates (I was looting those crates around the map). An earlier Save of the same game does not (yet) include the bug.

Unfortunately *.mkv is not an allowed file extension to upload.

I also had another bug in a previous game, where an enemy was lieing on the floor, yet still being able to perform actions like shooting.
After ambushing journalist (and winning of course), she walks at normal speed again. I used melee fighting.

Slow walking George Bugs Moran after hireing him in a Dion O'Banion mission/playthtough. As soon as I get him from the mission leading up to saving him this problem occurs, Just like Dave2303 above here. Very frustrating becouse this ofc makes him useless. No strange or auto combats ever used in that playthrough also on Xbox SX latest patch 1.05 something.

Not going to record anything just deleted the game and started with Ragen Colts instead and hope that goes better.

PS reported the exact same problem a few patches back with a Hierd gangster enforcer Grazia Longi (and no she wasn't drunk, Just broken).

Edit A workaround is to not hire George (for free in the mission) but to pick him up afterwards the normal way, however that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole storyline and upsets some of the reward, but doable. Still needs to be fixed though.

Last edited:
Hey @druzilsupreme, I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this too. Just a few questions to help us investigate this further from our end:
  • What platform are you playing on?
  • Can you recall any specific gameplay steps you took in the lead-up to noticing this?
  • Could you send over a screen recording of this if it's available to you, please?
  • Are you playing on the latest available patch when you notice this?
Any extra information you can provide would be a great help to our coders. Thanks! :)

Hey @druzilsupreme, I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this too. Just a few questions to help us investigate this further from our end:
  • What platform are you playing on?
  • Can you recall any specific gameplay steps you took in the lead-up to noticing this?
  • Could you send over a screen recording of this if it's available to you, please?
  • Are you playing on the latest available patch when you notice this?
Any extra information you can provide would be a great help to our coders. Thanks! :)
Playing on Windows 10, Steam
Playing on the latest patch.

I'm not sure what caused the problem directly as I noticed it at a later point.

Doesn't appear to be any effects or statuses in effect that would cause it.