Empire of Sin - Hotfix 1.02.38890 - PC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Maciej

Marketing Wizard
Paradox Staff
18 Badges
May 4, 2020
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
EoS Patchnotes PC.png

Hey, Gangsters!

The soldiers in the Safehouse have been working day and night to take down the issues you have been reporting. The hits have gone down and these rats have been sent packing:

• The save game issue that is affecting some players, preventing them from loading saves is now fixed
  • Several softlocks have been hard fixed:
    • When using Home Run to apply the Batter Up effect
    • When a gang boss melees in a fight but freezes before he can punch
    • In a war, they have been adjusted now so that if the primary Attacker or primary Defender is eliminated, the war is over
    • When a Gangster with Revenge gets melee attacked in combat and is knocked back by the enemy on the counterattack
  • Sometimes AI tactics got blocked by an under the hood error - this under the hood error is now buried six feet under
  • Occasional reports of the game freezing on a loading screen have been resolved, this was due to an error with a broken mission save
  • When completing the 'one for me brew for you', the breweries were not reopening after a month had passed from the completion of at the moment. They are now open for business as usual
  • Gangsters teleporting out of bounds when large groups attacked a target. All these gangsters are now locked into the fight and won’t get away
  • Occasional freezes on the Alcohol screen when playing through the Tutorial are now resolved
  • The issue with the disappearing gangsters is fixed, they will disappear no more
  • An issue with the button to change crew members, 'Role' does not work has been resolved
  • Mac users! Your DLC and achievements will now work properly
  • Daniel McKee Jackson’s missing clickable option is has been found and reimplemented (was hidden in the hat)
  • Fixed issue where if two buildings changed racket type at the same time, actors would sulk and disappear
  • Various UI fixes

As always, we appreciate your patience and will continue to listen to your feedback and fix issues where we find them. If you encounter any, please make sure to report them on our dedicated forums.

Happy Sinning!

The Empire of Sin Dev Team

• 10Like
Reactions:
and the xbox ?

Consoles take more time due to the certification process. I expect the patch should be added to consoles in a day or two.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You guys took out the disguising liquor exploit? Did you also fix the AI promising alcohol that never shows up ?

How soon until we get a modding kit?

Last edited:
You guys took out the disguising liquor exploit? Did you also fix the AI promising alcohol that never shows up ?

How soon until we get a modding kit?

For the mod kit, I saw that they said it will come in 2021. So I'm assuming January or February as they want to concentrate on fixing bugs before doing anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Really happy with the pace of the updates :)

Kinda stuck in my save as everytime I enter combat all doable actions dissapear and im just stuck with a screen with no buttons or anything even though the combat is ongoing

• When completing the 'one for me brew for you', the breweries were not reopening after a month had passed from the completion of at the moment. They are now open for business as usual
I know this is for PC (I'm playing on Xbox), but does this fix the bug if it's already in effect in a savegame? (i.e. will I get back my breweries now or it will only prevent the bug from happening from now on?)