Empire of Sin - Hotfix 1.02.38741 - PC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MissDeliana

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Jul 3, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
EoS Patchnotes 1023.png

Hey Gangsters!

Following on from the news yesterday that we are preparing some hot fixes for Empire of Sin, we bring you news of a patch today to resolve a couple of the more concerning issues our players have raised.

Firstly, we had an issue where the scenario scripting system was not performing properly under certain circumstances. This was leading to issues where certain active scenarios would not be saved, and worse, when the game tried to load them it would crash. Thanks to the information you have provided, this is now fixed.

We also saw reports with personality modifiers reapplying every time you saved and loaded a game, so a 10% discount to upgrades would go up 10% each time, until it reached 100%. This has now been fixed.

With these initial fixes in place, we are now moving on to work on a patch where we will continue to stabilize the game and improve your all round experience with it. We'll let you know when that is ready. The teams at Romero Games and Paradox appreciate your patience and we will continue to work tirelessly on further improvements.

In summary, Version 1.02.38741 for PC contains these here fixes:
  • Save corruption bug is now fixed
  • Free building upgrades bug is now fixed

That's it for now! Thank you for reporting any bugs you come across as you play. Please continue to do so (preferably with save files and player logs attached!) here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forums/empire-of-sin-bug-reports.1086/

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Previous version 50fps on Macbook Pro. This version? 7fps at the main menu. I can't play anymore :(

Please add an option to rollback to steam?
I didn't play before this version, but with all video set to the very highest quality I'm getting over 20fps on my iMac. If your MacBook has an Intel video system that may be the issue.

Feel free to start a new thread in Tech Support!

Any idea when a fix will be available for the One for me, Brew for you error? The game is totally unplayable after this quest as no further quests work and all breweries are forced to remain closed indefinitely. Many users have added this in bug report forum, but no response from Romero. It's a shame as I was really enjoying the game, but now can't play anymore. :(

Reactions:
Any idea when a fix will be available for the One for me, Brew for you error? The game is totally unplayable after this quest as no further quests work and all breweries are forced to remain closed indefinitely. Many users have added this in bug report forum, but no response from Romero. It's a shame as I was really enjoying the game, but now can't play anymore. :(

Can't say for sure when, but we've received a bunch of reports regarding that quest, and we are investigating it. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I didn't play before this version, but with all video set to the very highest quality I'm getting over 20fps on my iMac. If your MacBook has an Intel video system that may be the issue.

Feel free to start a new thread in Tech Support!

It is a Macbook Pro 16" woth discrete AMD GPU.

Hi! Would you be able to file a bug report regarding this? Preferrably with player log file. There are instructions for where to find this in the bug reports forum: https://pdxint.at/3mtqJEh

I had already posted a bug report, though in less than 24 hours it got buried DEEP in the fourms. Took me a bit to find it but this is it:

The title is a bit misleading as the huge drop in performance made me think it was no longer using the discrete GPU, but further testing and the logs show that is not the case. It is indeed using the AMD GPU so I have no explanation why I went from 50fps in 1.01 to 7fps in 1.02 :(

It is a Macbook Pro 16" woth discrete AMD GPU.

I had already posted a bug report, though in less than 24 hours it got buried DEEP in the fourms. Took me a bit to find it but this is it:

The title is a bit misleading as the huge drop in performance made me think it was no longer using the discrete GPU, but further testing and the logs show that is not the case. It is indeed using the AMD GPU so I have no explanation why I went from 50fps in 1.01 to 7fps in 1.02 :(

Ahh yes, I read and logged that one, so it is being looked at! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can't say for sure when, but we've received a bunch of reports regarding that quest, and we are investigating it. :)

I found where the bug is: Look in File ..EmpireOfSin\EmpireOfSin_Data\StreamingAssets\GameData_Win64~\Lua\Scripts\Missions\CMA_OneForMeAndBrewForYou.lua

The code that stops the alcohol production onMissionCreate's invoke of the removeHalfOfAlcoholFromBreweries() function is MissionUtils:stopAlcoholProduction("$OneForMeAndBrewForYou_name")

But the code that attempted to resume the production onMissionSuccess is MissionUtils:resumeAlcoholProduction(_id)

For this part of the mission the variable _id = "ONE_FOR_ME_AND_BREW_FOR_YOU_WAIT_A_MONTH"

This is bugging the breweries by not properly removing the Close Modifier from the building's table. The resume production call needs to use the same value as the stop production.

I tried editing the Lua file myself to fix it, but for some reason changes appear to not make a difference. Even a simple change like commenting out the stop production. I'll have to dig some more to figure out how mods are done with this game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Im glad the community is being listened to, i think this is very important.
I know its just after launch and that bug fixes are priority right now but what i would like to see is a roadmap where Romero agrees with the community which system could be overhauled and deepened/improved.
Or telling me hey this game we sold u is almost like we envisioned it and aside from some quality of life changes and bugfixes don't hold your breath on us drastically changing safe house rushes or adding more rackets/legal money, no face gangsters or better diplomacy/ cop interactions and other things that could make the game great.
because this game in its current state is the quality u can expect from Romero games.
then i would appreciate it.