• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Leeijo

Sergeant
Apr 16, 2015
So much has happened with Cities Skylines that I decided to start over on a new project. This will be a US/California themed city with lots of other influences. Focus will be on functionality and realism and a lot of the major detailing will be quick and sloppy with the exception of some parts. This will be a metropolis and will challenge the limits of the game, and to do so it involves some work in the asset editor and some other custom solutions to tackle the limits.

This is the start of Emory Hills!

A lot of work on one area around the airport has been done. No overview yet as there is to much that is still to do, but here are some parts of what I have been building.

The landside of terminal 1, the oldest terminal is starting to fill up.

One of several car parks.

The approach to 24L over the freeway with 24R on its embankment in the background.

In the residential area next to the area, a mandatory golf course with one of the rivers cutting through.

Most of the work done this last week is around the airport. Lower income housing close to the approach for 27R.

Some newly developed condos close to another local centre.

Closer to downtown there has been a lot of progress as well.

As a bonus a close up on another of the custom built metro / light rail stations on one of the lines.

This is a big build, and it is probably gonna take ages to finish, if I ever finish it. Progress so far has been all over the place, which is also why it is hard to get a good view of a larger area. But then I figured, hey, why not give an overview of what is in the works?

Overview of most of the city:

To the north the international airport takes up a lot of space with its four runways and four terminals, not including cargo and general aviation.

Just north of downtown one of two main train stations is situated. Still a lot to do here and it was a good while back since this was done.

The area to the east of downtown has been more filled.

This is also where the other main station is located. This area is on a long slope which has its challenges. The station is partly covered and roads and buildings are in different layers to bridge the height difference.

Downtown is basically not developed at all yet, and the main reason is the commuter rail and metro line continuing through the core.

This will eventually be covered and will house a big central interchange station between all transit modes.

Further towards the coast the two light rail based metro lines have their terminus. Also a lot of work to do here to cover the station and tracks.

Passing through the mountains on the east side of the city there will be an observatory connected with a custom monorail climbing the hillside.

Once through on the other side the residential area will have a lakeside build inspired by lake Calabasas.

Most work the last weeks have been to bridge the gap between the city center and the airport to create something a bit more whole.

Including a subdivision built with vanilla houses.

That's it! A big disclaimer of the fact that most screens are still a huge WIP!
LlamaSmile.gif

Remember this area in the middle of the downtown?

Well, it's finally been developed allowing me to start building downtown!

This is Emory Hills Downtown transit center:

A three-way, two level, crossing station including a bus station, metro and light rail connections.

Thank you all for the comments!

Emory Hills is now also on Youtube! Be sure to check it out, and subscribe if you don't wanna miss out on the upcoming episodes. We are starting with a cinematic of what is done so far in the city later this week!

It took some months after the Parklife update, but I managed to get Emory Hills up and running again!

While waiting I started another project to fill a gap in the workshop, SoCal low residential houses:

There is still some work to do, but they will be released sometime this summer!

Some pictures for a change, major suburbs in progress. The houses will be ready for release in the coming week!

One of the local service train stations.

A Metrolink passing through the suburbs.

Nice place to live, except for the power lines cutting through the neighborhood.

That's it for now, but more coming soon!