• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lordof

Sergeant
97 Badges
May 6, 2013
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 2
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
Okay, this must be fixed. I have a 100 years old elvish king that couldn't unite valenwood just because he has to change two crown law just so it can fulfill the needed requirements, but surprise! A king only can change one crown law in his lifetime.

This has got to be fixed, I mean, if Eprear can unite the valenwood in his lifetime, why couldn't another bosmer? why do a dynasty of elves have to wait for 300 years until the son actually takes up the throne just to rise to be a high king?

In the meantime, there is a workaround. If you create another king title (that does not already exist) it will be created with the crown law settings of your primary title, and you will be able to change the new kingdom's crown laws once in your lifetime. (If you need to change a third crown law, set the new kingdom to be your primary, create yet another kingdom, and change a crown law for it). I can confirm that this works, having used it myself to create Valenwood in a single generation.

In the meantime, there is a workaround. If you create another king title (that does not already exist) it will be created with the crown law settings of your primary title, and you will be able to change the new kingdom's crown laws once in your lifetime. (If you need to change a third crown law, set the new kingdom to be your primary, create yet another kingdom, and change a crown law for it). I can confirm that this works, having used it myself to create Valenwood in a single generation.

If you can take the piety, gold, and opinion hits associated with it, you can title flip (as long as you don't have Gavelkind) your way to higher crown laws with only two titles. Adjust law in title 1, create title 2, destroy title 1, adjust law in title 2, create title 1, destroy title 2, adjust law in title 1, and so on and so forth. Expensive, yeah, but workable.

0.1.4a will feature edicts, which allow you to change crown laws once every 10 years, with a hit to prestige and vassal relations. 0.1.4a will be out soon I think, as EK is no longer compatible with the release of 2.02.

0.1.4a will feature edicts, which allow you to change crown laws once every 10 years, with a hit to prestige and vassal relations. 0.1.4a will be out soon I think, as EK is no longer compatible with the release of 2.02.
Just like how 1.4 followed hot on the heels of 1.3a once that became incompatible.

Just like how 1.4 followed hot on the heels of 1.3a once that became incompatible.

It has been explicitly stated that they are doing more (but smaller) releases; instead of a single massive update, they're going to be releasing several updates over the same course of time. Smaller in scope, but quicker. They never said that 0.1.4 would be quick.