• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20048)

The Crazy Modder
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
I have started creating a scenario that goes from 1500-1836. Any help would be much appreciated. I think the map should be made first therefore I have started by mapping Europe as that is the greatest obstacle. Below is an image of what has been done so far.

aayex5.jpg

Comments and feedback on the map are wanted badly (As I have probably made lots of mistakes). But any ideas/help would be great.

Hope to hear from you...

A progress file can be found here:

Upload

Last edited:
Sweden shouldn´t be a part of the calmar union, but rather a sattelite of it, as Sten Sture and the other regents up in Stockholm usually didn´t give a damn about what the king in Copenhagen wanted.

The union of Kalmar was called the union of calmar because the document creating it was signed in Kalmar.
The capital should be copenhagen, as the king of denmark was oficially king of Denmark, Norway and sweden.

Finnish shouldn´t be a national culture of calmar, but sweden would have it, aswell as german, until some time into the 15-hundreds.

In Copenhagen :)

Denmark should own Malmö, Visby and Karlskrona (as well as the Danish provinces). Norway should own Östersund.
What's with Bohemia? Is the white Bohemia and the brown Moravia?
Salzburg should be an independent duchy.
Kotor should be Venetian. Naxos too.
Montenegro (prov above Kotor) should be independent. OE should own more in Serbia and Bosnia. Constanta to OE.
Mulhouse and the two southern provinces of Baden to Austria.

Edit: Why would Sweden have German? Denmark could have it, but not Sweden, never...

Well said, G-klav. Don´t know how I could have forgotten Jämtland :eek:o
Iceland should be danish, while greenland should be a trading post, or possibly not colonized at all.

Norrland should be uncolonized, with a swedish trading post in the most southern province. Perhaps a danish/norwegian in another.

G-Klav said:
Edit: Why would Sweden have German? Denmark could have it, but not Sweden, never...
Because several swedish cities were almost entirely populated by germans, who held the top jobs. German enough?

G-Klav said:
In Copenhagen :)

Denmark should own Malmö, Visby and Karlskrona (as well as the Danish provinces). Norway should own Östersund.
What's with Bohemia? Is the white Bohemia and the brown Moravia?
Salzburg should be an independent duchy.
Kotor should be Venetian. Naxos too.
Montenegro (prov above Kotor) should be independent. OE should own more in Serbia and Bosnia. Constanta to OE.
Mulhouse and the two southern provinces of Baden to Austria.

OK, should I disband the calmar union and just make sweden a satellite of denmark (should norway also be a satellite or under direct control)? I will make the province changes you suggested then.
The white is the kingdom of bohemia (existed in 1500 according to my sources) the brown is duchy of Schlesien (what is this in english?)
Kotor and Naxos will be added to Venetia.
Should Montenegro be a one province nation and should it be a satellite of anyone?
Will add muhlhouse and the baden provinces to austria.

How should the holy roman empire be simulated? right now it is a nation that holds key cities in germany and has the german duchies as satellites. But is this correct and a good way to simulate it or should there just be the duchies and no holy roman empire but rather a set of alliances like in vicky?

Scandinavia still needs some work. First of all, Östersund should be danish/norwegian, and second, northern sweden should be uncolonized, with one swedish and one danish/norwegian trading post present.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Scandinavia still needs some work. First of all, Östersund should be danish/norwegian, and second, northern sweden should be uncolonized, with one swedish and one danish/norwegian trading post present.

OK, this will be changed as soon as possible.

What about norway, should it be a satellite or part of denmark?

Hard to tell, really. In 1500, Norway was still a separate nation from Denmark, but they shared kings. Sattelite status will probably be good. In 1536, Denmark will annex Norway.

I shall help....but i am also working on a Napoleonic mod and now and again on the 1919-33 mod..but i'll see what i can do to help!

edit: this map might help:
1500big.jpg

Last edited:
I would be curious how the technological discoveries would be done, other then the obvious need for redoing the techs to reflect a 16th-18th world. I suppose one would also have to greatly slow the progress of technological discovery both in order to reflcet the slower pace of discovery and the fact you likkely do not want them all discovered by 1650. :p

Looks good, but: Dubrovnik should probably be transferred back to OE, or made an Ottoman Satellite (if you have lots of free tags).
Montenegro should be an Ottoman satellite, and OE shall not have it as a core.
Ried was owned by the Hapsburgs (Austria), Zell am See should be given to Salzburg.
Give Cambrai to Burgundy, as well as Arras. This could be discussed, but I feel it's the best.

Also, I'm not completely sure that the 1500's would be a very good time to start... Why not let it start in the 17th century (1600) instead, the start of the 'Modern Age'? :)

NickFey said:
I have one question:what is that dark purple country in the Benelux ?

That Would be "Habsburg Netherlands", as it is now it owns burgundy, but I think I will make Burgundy (or french comté) an independant state thats own the "Habsburg Netherlands. in 1516 Burgundy and Netherlands will be made spsnish satellites and in 1519 austria will be made a satellite as well. I don't know how to simulate that charles V was made holy roman emperor 1519 maybe the german states could be satellites of austria or maybe they could just all have alliances with austria.