• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
giant frogs as mount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AOW 1 style)

• 6Like
Reactions:
I need feline mounts for my tigrans :)
It doesn't matter if it's elite mounts or regular mounts.
It would also be fun to play as dwarves riding mountain goats.
And some suitable types of mounts for moles and toads.
I hope we will see new types of mounts in the DLC.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I need feline mounts for my tigrans :)
It doesn't matter if it's elite mounts or regular mounts.
It would also be fun to play as dwarves riding mountain goats.
And some suitable types of mounts for moles and toads.
I hope we will see new types of mounts in the DLC.
why would a cat ride a bigger cat that seems insane, plus cats are lazy you ever heard of a cat sled?

• 3Haha
Reactions:
I would try something like the following:
- Body and mind traits stay
- Mount trait, one of the uniques or "all you non mounted units get +2 health" - so a small buff for non-cavalry instead of a huge one for cavalry
- Adaptaion trait, one of the uniques or "all your farms produce 7 food instead of 5", so you are more flexible with the uniques, but if you don't take them your normal farms are better.
Numbers need tuning of course

I would try something like the following:
- Body and mind traits stay
- Mount trait, one of the uniques or "all you non mounted units get +2 health" - so a small buff for non-cavalry instead of a huge one for cavalry
- Adaptaion trait, one of the uniques or "all your farms produce 7 food instead of 5", so you are more flexible with the uniques, but if you don't take them your normal farms are better.
Numbers need tuning of course
I don’t know. You could then have both the body trait that gives you more health and the mount ones which would make your early Calvary stupidly hard to kill.

balance right now has the Calvary unites getting quite the buff because that upgrade is a little limited. At the same time, being able to make every version of every race with unique mounts without giving anything up makes them ether mandatory or in need of a massive nerf. Which removes there uniqueness regardless of which way you go.

seems to be counter to the intended design of the special mounts. And I don’t think any kind of genetic all unite buff would change that. I’d rather a spider mount that can web people over more health, unless the balance was objectively stronger for the health buff. Which is fairly problematic for balance

I don’t know. You could then have both the body trait that gives you more health and the mount ones which would make your early Calvary stupidly hard to kill.

balance right now has the Calvary unites getting quite the buff because that upgrade is a little limited. At the same time, being able to make every version of every race with unique mounts without giving anything up makes them ether mandatory or in need of a massive nerf. Which removes there uniqueness regardless of which way you go.

seems to be counter to the intended design of the special mounts. And I don’t think any kind of genetic all unite buff would change that. I’d rather a spider mount that can web people over more health, unless the balance was objectively stronger for the health buff. Which is fairly problematic for balance
You might be right that this would make cavalry to strong in the early game. I didn't do any balancing-math, I just had an idea :)

Would be great to have smilodon, rhino beetle and some sort of a lizard.
Triumph went nuts with horses there is like a gazillion of them, but no lizard or beetle mount, come on now!

Reactions:
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the giant scorpion mount like the Goblin king has in BFME2.
80D60221-40A6-47CF-93BC-8395D24FA499.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions:
I've got a long list.

Stags and elephants for the more classic ones.

Donkeys and large dogs (not wolves) for that homely feel.

Bulls for raw power. In black and gold varieties.

Bumblebees because of that one movie that also featured a talking mole. And they're cute.

Snails and giant roosters because they're plain funny. Cocatrices count if they're ridiculous enough.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I've got a long list.

Stags and elephants for the more classic ones.

Donkeys and large dogs (not wolves) for that homely feel.

Bulls for raw power. In black and gold varieties.

Bumblebees because of that one movie that also featured a talking mole. And they're cute.

Snails and giant roosters because they're plain funny. Cocatrices count if they're ridiculous enough.
you are missing giant worms

dude a raper is about the size of a turkey, dream bigger like a ceratopsian who are theorised to have the belligerence of wild boar merged with rhinos, eg brutal and worse that any preditor
Utahraptor is the biggest raptor specimen. As you can see from this illustration, it is sufficiently large enough to serve as a mount for a humanoid.

82A01D8D-F8B5-46F4-8AEF-82D56CD261C4.jpeg

Utahraptor is the biggest raptor specimen. As you can see from this illustration, it is sufficiently large enough to serve as a mount for a humanoid.

View attachment 959091
depends on the durability of its spine.

I nominate ridable apes if only for the ability to replicate the insanity of cats riding bigger cats but with the humans riding a bigger ape.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
dude a raper is about the size of a turkey, dream bigger like a ceratopsian who are theorised to have the belligerence of wild boar merged with rhinos, eg brutal and worse that any preditor
The more I learn about dinosaurs, and just ancient animals in general, the more disappointed I'm in modern movies depicting them. And in fantasy authors, myself included. Take a look at the Dunkleosteus for water monsters, because that 'fish' just looks mean and has more armor than any land based animal I've seen. Some of the other species in the same family were rather cool looking as well. We should go further afield than Jurassic park animals.

I vote for an Amphicyonids or beardog. They look cool and would be distinct enough from wolves and wargs for an aggressive combat mount.

• 1Love
Reactions:
The more I learn about dinosaurs, and just ancient animals in general, the more disappointed I'm in modern movies depicting them. And in fantasy authors, myself included. Take a look at the Dunkleosteus for water monsters, because that 'fish' just looks mean and has more armor than any land based animal I've seen. Some of the other species in the same family were rather cool looking as well. We should go further afield than Jurassic park animals.

I vote for an Amphicyonids or beardog. They look cool and would be distinct enough from wolves and wargs for an aggressive combat mount.
I saw a guy who suggested beardog would be the wild thing wargs come from if only as canines do not really get that big.

Honestly, i take all of it. the more options the better. but i do love the sound of Giant scorpion mounts.

Other options i'd love to have are:
  • Steampunk vehicle
  • Mountain Goat
  • Lindwyrm (or any other snake-like animal)
  • Elephant
  • Crocodile

• 1Like
Reactions: