• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter XIII: The fall of the Vichy France and Germany

As the war goes, my country grows stronger, although this might even happened before, I´ll add it here just for flavor...

clipboard01oqv.jpg

Both armies have been pushing the Germans steadily, and this is the end of Germany (unless the Japan will suddenly go to “super AI” mode and kills us all :D)

clipboard02wg.jpg

I´ve invaded Corsica later on and ultimately the French State itself... I´ve sent 6 divisions of MTN (useless here, I know) and 2 divisions of LARM (licenses from Australia) to the French mainland...

clipboard03aa.jpg

clipboard04kh.jpg

The fights were a lot easier than they should be, Vichy´s army is way too big for them, and split troops ratio after the fall of French Republic is 1, so they have the entire army, but heavily reduced IC, which means no supplies and a lot of dissent, and AI itself can´t disband division... So I was most of the times basically abusing the Vichy´s AI, HPP team said they are going to do something about it, because this whole conquest was ridiculously easy...

clipboard05w.jpg

clipboard06ac.jpg

Bordeaux and Toulouse have fallen...

clipboard07fq.jpg

I must admit I could split my LARM divisions to make 4x2 instead of 2x4, but even then, they made the progress a lot faster...

clipboard08ed.jpg

What? Is this a glitch? The Alexandria is controlled by rebels, and the eastern part of Egypt is controlled by Japan, but how the hell is Japan conquering Egypt, when Cairo is still in Egyptian hands???

clipboard09d.jpg

A pocket of 73 thousands Vichy soldiers...

clipboard10st.jpg

I needed to take Cherbourg to fully knock down the Vichy France, but I just went with LARM for VPs and capitals, the war just would extend Petain´s agony...

clipboard11b.jpg

After this conquest I´ve established a puppet stated of Tunisia (which was liberated by 1 division of ENG expeditionary forces :D) and Madagascar (no resources here anyway)... I´ve also given 3 provinces of Vichy to Morocco, wondering why they didn´t conquer it by themselves...

clipboard12ug.jpg

In Asia the situation looks the same; except for the Allied forces helping the Nationalists, since the war in Europe is almost over (only Hungary lefts there)...

clipboard13h.jpg

So I hold my rule to keep my attention only to Europe (except the big chunk of desert I´ve left from Vichy, where are no cores for puppets, not even some infrastructure to move armies there)…

clipboard14e.jpg

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for the next episode! :)

P.S. I´ve modded the save game after this screen to me controlling Cairo to be able to liberate the Egypt, since I find that as a nonsense to just be it that way (LARM brig liberating the occupied provinces in Egypt didn´t help, neither putting it in Egyptian controlled Cairo did)…

Last edited:
Update! :)

They weren´t at war with Vichy + they have puppeted them since they control Paris...

Wow, I haven´t been posting update in here for such a long time... ^^

Short update: I´m in 1947, building TPs to use PARA units un Hungary... These planes take forever to complete, so for some reasonable update you´ll have to wait...

Also about my new AAR voting thread: I´m not going to play two AARs at once (since I´d loose the motivation for finishing the first one), so don´t talk about me as an "AAR whore", ok? :p

I´m hoping to post new update tomorrow, the screens are now harder to get, and nothing really happens (except for that I´m building PARAs and TPs for them)...

On 90% I´m going to conclude end of my AAR by defeating the nations I´m at war with (Japan and Hungary, Portugal is still waiting with DW)...

Chapter XIV: The fall of Hungarian Kingdom​

I´m starting this chapter with a small complaint on HPP... This is the rare occasion, when my game doesn´t CTD when I hit 2nd or 3rd day of the month... I don´t think that mistake is on my side (I might be wrong though), but I´ve already reported this issue... But when everything goes smoothly, the events are very nice! :)

clipboard0147.jpg

The situation in Asia is still more-less a stalemate, except for successful landing of Allied forces in Manchukuo...

clipboard0247.jpg

There aren´t any changes in Europe when the date hits 1st January 1948...

clipboard0347.jpg

But wait, what is this HQ doing on former Romanian-Hungarian border? What is Ikar up to?

clipboard01dwb.jpg

PARATROOPERS!!!

clipboard02vo.jpg

PARA units made their way to Hungarian-Soviet borders, so new units may come to help them out! :)

clipboard04v.jpg

There are a lot of bloody fights, draining a lot of MP from both sides...

clipboard05vn.jpg

clipboard06ws.jpg

The southern and western Hungary is occupied, yet I need to send more units, 2 corps of regular units (mostly INF) supporting my 7 PARA divisions aren´t enough to overwhelm Hungarians...

clipboard07lt.jpg

I´m pushing the Hungarian troops slowly now, the winter is already in progress (overview in 1st January)...

clipboard08i.jpg

I´ve managed to create a pocket in northern Hungary... (surprisingly most of them fled to Soviet territory and made the pocket more-less useless :sad:)...

clipboard09j.jpg

No, I haven´t really won the battle of Budapest yet, only I´ve conquered the province north of it... (anyway, nice job on modding Hungary, Slan :))

clipboard11b.jpg

Now where the battle of Budapest truly begins... I´ve encircled the town, since all of the provinces adjacent to it are river-crossing it, so this almost counters the encirclement and envelopment penalty... (notice that I´ve already took the provinces that are further from Budapest; I don´t want those nasty Multiple-combat penalties, which AI abuses at all times/costs)...

clipboard15wa.jpg

They had a really strong opposition in here, sadly for them they had 2/3 of my troops + I´ve researched only INF techs, so my units are far superior compared to theirs...

clipboard16b.jpg

I´ve already created some GAR divisions to suppress Hungarian towns behind the frontline, just in case...

clipboard17m.jpg

A little intermission: The Allied landing proved to be successful, since they managed to push the Japanese troops from part of Korea...

clipboard18t.jpg

Boom! Another important city fell down: Debrecen (origin of known Debrecen ham maybe?)...

clipboard19z.jpg

This is the end, my only friend, the end...

At least the end of Hungarian Kingdom (Magyar Királyság) in this game...

clipboard20y.jpg

Thanks for reading; I hope it was worth it waiting for this chapter to come out... With the Axis almost eliminated in Europe (except for Portugal; still no DW from them), I´m shifting my attention to Asian theatre...

P.S. Special thanks to Slan, he made a really great job on modding Hungary, I see some ICs in almost every province of his homeland!

I want to dedicate Slan this chaper, keep up the good work on HPP! :)

AAR is finished! :) (in terms of goals "survival" and "Axis wiped out")...

Expect the last chapter in a few days, I don´t feel like releasing it today...

Looking forward to it! :)

I presume you edited the save game to make it end later than 1948. Did that have any side effects?

I set it to 1.1.2012 :D

No, I don´t think so... But in like 1950 after (spoiler), the game started to be lagging at every 19:00, so I´ve decided to end it with (spoiler)...

I guess HPP has a complaint on me, because I´m playing Greece, so the game CTD every month (like 2nd or 3rd day)... That was annoying a lot, I´m almost happy I ended my AAR (and not because it was successful lol)...

if you are going to make a new aar, please post info on it here, so it would be easier for me to find it then :)

Did you participated in voting? (I guess not)...

Link to the AAR voting thread: here

Chapter XV: The Endgame​

In this chapter, I´ll end the game, completing the following goals:

1) The Greek independence is preserved.
2) The Axis nations are wiped out.
3) The Greece has won all of its current wars.

Let´s get to the AAR itself! :)

After the defeat of Hungary, I´ve decided to SR all of my troops, except GAR (for suppression) and LARM (for fast pacification of rebels, GAR units are way too slow to chase them), so I´ve created a new theatre HQ, which system named “Roma HQ”, although it was created on Hungarian ground! :)

I´ve also used my TRA planes to make the trip shorter (in terms of time) to my PARA units...

clipboard21i.jpg

Since PARAs get to China faster, I needed to destroy the remnants of Japan armies, including also their puppets armies... The assignment was easy; take over the town of Pusan, to establish a good base for future operations...

clipboard22s.jpg

With the city taken over, there was only a little purpose to let my paratroopers wonder around the Asia mainland, so I´ve decided to plan an invasion of Japan via air, close to the town of Tokyo (I know there are rant threads about using PARAs, but I guess it would be the most viable option to use IF the Allies needed to invade the Japan itself)...

My prediction was right, the neighboring provinces weren´t defended at all, and after a quite long struggle the Tokyo was taken...

clipboard23r.jpg

Here we go! The Greece is finally powerful enough to get the Major Power status! :)

On the background you can see that only 7 divisions of paratroopers literally steamrolled through the Japanese mainland, the only “trouble” was that Emperor Hirohito taught, it would be a good idea to place quite huge amounts of GAR units to the most important towns, forcing me to unify my whole invasion force to break through their defenses...

clipboard24v.jpg

I´m almost at Osaka, the new Japanese capital city... Note that I´ve split up my troops; 3 divisions pushing towards Sapporo and 4 divisions pushing to Nagasaki...

clipboard25v.jpg

Situation looks grim for Japan and its puppets in Asia... They aren´t gonna last long...

clipboard27n.jpg

With the whole army unified again, I´ve launched an offensive to Osaka, completely encircling the town... The battle was even bloodier and even numbers weren´t in anyone´s favor... But there was a decisive victory in terms of equipment on my side, so the battle was quite easily won...

clipboard28b.jpg

I´m already on Kyushu Island, crushing the remains of the Emperor´s army...

clipboard29j.jpg

With the Nagasaki taken, one would say it´s all over for Japan...

clipboard30.jpg

But wait; are they shifting their capital to Taipei?!

clipboard31l.jpg

No problem, my whole army already arrived to Wenzhou; I just need to get my 4 TPs here, to ship some of my troops on the Taiwan Island...

Japanese weren´t too much of an opponent, maybe because they lost a huge number of troops in China, and I really didn´t want to meet their navy... Farewell, Axis Japan! :)

clipboard32.jpg

Do you remember that Portugal joined the Axis? I´ve (ab)used the paratroopers’ abilities again, but this time I was limited to drop them from the airfield in France, quite distant from Lisboa, roughly in the center of the country...

Their forces were for some reason mostly in disarray, maybe because I´ve split the Portugal in three parts: North, South and Lisboa, but North should´ve been supplied via Porto, right?

Their opposition in Lisbon was quite weak, maybe because I´ve already pocketed the vast majority of their troops...

clipboard33e.jpg

After taking over Guangxi and Yunnan, the Axis faction started to fall apart! Even Hitler admitted, that Nazi Germany is beaten, surrendering most of his territory to SU...

clipboard34d.jpg

clipboard35u.jpg

clipboard36f.jpg

But hang on... Are the Portuguese shifting their capital to Nova Lisboa? Oh, you must be kidding me (after taking it with one division of PARA :D, they shifted it one province north)...

Finally the goal is achieved with the fall of Portugal, the last man standing in the Axis faction...

On 2nd January 1952, the World is officially Axis-free...

clipboard37.jpg

Wow! That´s it! :)

I´m sure the last part of this AAR “The Cut-out Stages” will come out soon enough, noting all of the good and bad things that I´ve done etc.

I hope you enjoyed this AAR, and be sure to check out the next one, introducing myself as Mexico! :)

Well there's something you don't see everyday (read never): Greek troops taking Japan. Pretty impressive Ikarases. I shudder to think what you'll accomplish with Mexico...but I'll be there.

Well there's something you don't see everyday (read never): Greek troops taking Japan. Pretty impressive Ikarases. I shudder to think what you'll accomplish with Mexico...but I'll be there.

Thanks! :)

They were unable to mount a counter-attack, I just conquered Japan with 84 000 men :D Maybe they were still trying to save the Asia situation, so they deployed their forces here...

But you can´t consider paratroop on Japan gamey, they wouldn´t surrender after two nukes...;)

Well done mate,
At last, i saw a Greek AAR finished (maybe is 1 more)
A job well done from the Hellenic force because....

ONLY WE, CONTRARY TO THE BARBARIANS, NEVER COUNT THE ENEMY IN BATTLE
- AESCHYLUS -

Well done mate,
At last, i saw a Greek AAR finished (maybe is 1 more)
A job well done from the Hellenic force because....

ONLY WE, CONTRARY TO THE BARBARIANS, NEVER COUNT THE ENEMY IN BATTLE
- AESCHYLUS -

I´d say the most game-breaking moment was the creation of Serbia and Croatia... Before it was like the whole Axis rolling through Yugoslavia, but when the Germans created their puppets, it almost seemed like Hitler would said: "Get out, my Axis allies, I can handle Greeks only with my army + few divisions from puppets..."

I was a bit pissed at this point, it would be far more interesting if the Hungarians, Italians, Romanians and whoevers force would roll to my country´s border... But I got also lucky, since when I conquered Bulgaria, the half of Romanian soil was already occupied by USSR, which helped me a lot...