Elements of bad user experience from the previous UI are still present in the new one... Some of the new changes are actually a downgrade.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm starting to realize, reading this thread, that this might be why sometimes, while playing, I feel like I don't know what to do, or, what I can do, next.

No, this thread is filled with extreme exaggerations from @Ingor in particular who is being straight up histrionic in this thread. There are UI issues which are annoying but none of them are getting in the way of the game to the extent these people claim.

e; I mean look at this nonsense

They got a second chance at launch with this 2.0, and the UI is still not in a really good place (and I'm saying it like this to avoid moderation).

So I have to wonder how can it be worth it, and the reason can only be one of 2 simple things I think : 1) people endure the UI because they want to play the game or 2) they just dont realize that's it's horribly bad (oops, I did it).

If you think the game is worth playing then it's just because you don't actually realize the UI is horribly bad!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is NOT, unless you have extremely low standarts.
Bannerlord is EA, are you seriously implying I:R 2.0 is in a better shape?
All the great improvements since launch happened because of community outrage. It needs to contiunue.

YeS, evERYone whO disAGrees wiTh YoU is A gremlin With low standarDs.
What is an EA BannERlord, is it some kind EA Sports Capture the Flag game?
You ar
e coMPletely rIGHt. We should CHAIN you tO the ceiling of the PDS office for all their future games, they will work so much better WITh your vocalized, gENius ouTRAge sPUrring them on.

I am just taking the piss right now. I don't have a perfect track-record in this so perhaps I should not moralize, but your self-righteous, conceited and insistent tone and style is not helping anyone. Of course keep discussing, suggesting and debating because that is what we are all here for and the devs need our constructive input, but maybe turn down the abrasive tone a notch?

The game still has a series of problems of varying severity, and should never have been released in the state it was released, but many of us look at where it was compared to now and appreciate the improvements that have been made. If the game was still abject garbage I don't think we would enjoy it as much as we do, so perhaps you should try respect other peoples' personal preferences. This applies to several people in this thread.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
If you think the game is worth playing then it's just because you don't actually realize the UI is horribly bad!!
You have problems reading mate, I've obviously stated that you could soldier on. Play despite the fact that the current UI makes the game horrible, because there are a lot of good things in the game that you want to love. What you used here is a strawman, and that doesn't bring much to the debate if you ask me. Or maybe you are enjoying tons of useless clicks to do some simple actions ? After all, clicker games are a thing, I'm not judging you.

Reactions:
What is an EA BannERlord, is it some kind EA Sports Capture the Flag game?
Are you trolling?

but maybe turn down the abrasive tone a notch
The comment was not supposed to be abrasive. it's just the honest opinion a majority of the group have.
Most of us are more or less disappointed with the quality of 2.0.

many of us look at where it was compared to now and appreciate the improvements that have been made. If the game was still abject garbage I don't think we would enjoy it as much as we do, so perhaps you should try respect other peoples' personal preferences.
It has improved a lot and is certainly NOT garbage (I didn't claim this, did anyone else posting from this account?)
But compared to other games and to what the devs announced before 2.0, the improvements are underwhelming. Multiple new mechanics were not balanced and the presence of game-breaking bugs like this one is inexcusable.

Reactions:
I think it was a bad idea to delete all nice pictures of different cultures in the new game selection screen.

Zrzut ekranu (27).png

Reactions:
Futhermore, where can I see a level of health of the person,

View attachment 705021

and also current candidates for republic elections?

View attachment 705022

You can't see the health of a person numerically as it's been taken away because it was BS. You can see the state of their health though. from perfect health to dying. So given that info, and given that you can see what they're suffering from, you may be able to arrange treatment.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Another strange decision:

Zrzut ekranu (31).png

Why can't I disband my levy in the easier way? Why do I have to use this obligatory "Military View"?

Last edited:
Reactions:
The UI needs a lot of work still. The carachter hider is an absolute disaster, it's like it was designed specifially to obfuscate information and to make it impossible to find anyone useful in less than 4 hours.

Trying to find a bride for your heir?

Ooh some those succesor traits that can be passed matrileneally looks very tasty...

Can I sort who is married already? No!

Can I sort who might have those traits? No!

If they're unmarried, can I sort whteher they're possible to marry now, or in other cases whence they come of age? No!

:)

Reactions:
I've taken a longer break from IR, instead I've tried out stellaris. I kinda see now what people mean when they said other pdx titles have much more depth. At the same time, I also see why it's possible to do so in for example stellaris compared to IR. I still feel IR is enough complex.

But the UI is so much better in stellaris. There are some annoying stuff (barly worth mentioning), but I never feel it kills the enjoyment of the game. All the information you may need is in the exact right place, or close by. It's much less clicking around back and forth, I can't even think of a situation when you have to do it. Even if it's alot of stuff to get into as a new player, you don't feel overwhelmed.

I stopped playing IR when the province view came back and it totally missed the goal of it. Still it felt like they tried to bring it back and us "entitled" gamers never get satisfied.
This new 2.0 UI seems to focus on "less stuff on screen" when the goal should be better presenting the info, imo MORE info should be available not less...
While I'm not against it, but color and art is not gonna solve the issues (i love the art btw). It just have to been done right so you won't feel overwhelmed.

I suggest you borrow the person(s) behind the UI in stellaris for a day to explain how to think when designing UI. I say this bc it 100% works in stellaris and NOT in IR.

I'm also aware of my issues with the UI is not same like the others here but hey :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
The UI needs a lot of work still. The carachter hider is an absolute disaster, it's like it was designed specifially to obfuscate information and to make it impossible to find anyone useful in less than 4 hours.

Ooh some those succesor traits that can be passed matrileneally looks very tasty...

If they're unmarried, can I sort whteher they're possible to marry now, or in other cases whence they come of age? No!

You missed the part where you do find the right character but they're out of diplomatic range and there's no way you know that until you've clicked on the portrait and tried to recruit. Mind boggling how they didn't even bother adding in a few filters to make everyone's life easier, specially when they're the ones who developed CK2 which had an excellent character finder screen.
Devs please make this screen easier to use, we don't need to spend so much time looking for a worthy bride for our ruler, please let us search with filters by traits and skill points.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You missed the part where you do find the right character but they're out of diplomatic range and there's no way you know that until you've clicked on the portrait and tried to recruit. Mind boggling how they didn't even bother adding in a few filters to make everyone's life easier, specially when they're the ones who developed CK2 which had an excellent character finder screen.
Devs please make this screen easier to use, we don't need to spend so much time looking for a worthy bride for our ruler, please let us search with filters by traits and skill points.

I'm sure i've missed lots of shortcomings tbh it's not fit for purpose. Filters were an absolute basic design neccesity, I can't believe this is an oversight, or I hope they weren't an oversight, so it must be a resources issue. Sometimes I wish we could reach end state with this game, and let the modding community take the game over entirely, because I really think that's where its long-term future lies.

Implement some better core gameplay elements like trade, diplo and triblal reworks, add some more flavour, maybe a couple of years of DLC etc and then set the game free. The base is already there for a trememdous expereince, but only full overhauls and mod made UI etc will truly fulfil the potential of this game. This is because there's just more "dev time" available in the community than PDS assign to IR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why can't I disband my levy in the easier way? Why do I have to use this obligatory "Military View"?
The only reason I can think of here is to avoid specializing your levy by splitting it up and disbanding the parts you don't need - customization is for the Legions. But it could also be because they're tied to pops. From a narrative perspective, I suppose you can see it as you either having raised the citizen levy for war, or you haven't.

Could be solved by linking the "disband" button across the entire levy, so you'd get a little warning that "Disbanding Cohort I of the Conscriptii Latium will also disband [all other cohorts of the levy]" or disallowing splitting the levy, like with mercs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1) Also, please, some sort of proper way to go list cities to see which has built what, how many slots remain, what the pop caps are if any, that sort of thing. Once you blob, the current way of clicking around the map city by city to see what's been built, etc is slow torture.

2) The alphabetical list in granting holdings is borked:

View attachment 686403

3) Only short names are allowed for Wonders. "Lighthouse of Alexandria" is the maximum length permitted, which is distressing for those of us who like articles, and is also odd given the huge space available.

This has been upvoted a few times recently. (2) was the most visible and so just a reminder that it has been taken care of.

Reactions:
The fact that the devs arn't acknowledging all the flaws in the current UI is so sad. We arn't getting any dev post here, and I can't be the only one not playing the game until this mess is fixed...

• 1Like
Reactions:

The best character finder was in CK2. For some reason, they didn't think to replicate it here, nor did they replicate it in CK3! They took a big step backwards there.
As I've said in another thread, Paradox in general is very bad with displaying and making it useful to use long lists. The sorting, searching, etc., is always objectively weak.