Elements of bad user experience from the previous UI are still present in the new one... Some of the new changes are actually a downgrade.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're also not paying upkeep on levies all the time. Expenses are way way down, you can pull together a couple of hundred gold relatively quickly.
Yeah, but you didn't pay for migratory cohorts before. Also a couple hundret is realy not much money. However, I would suggest a new thread if you want to go deeper into this topic. It's a bit misplaced here.

Back to topic of this thread:

2021_02_18_1.png

If a pop types average happiness in a territory is at 0% its happiness bar will be placed at the top of its entry in the territory view, instead of the very bottom. The only distinction from 100% happiness is a sad mask face instead of a happy mask face.

2021_02_18_2.png

Also, in 1.5 you could sort the trades in the trades tab by origin and destination of the trade. This is no longer possible. Now you can only sort by trade good and income. If you notice an unwelcomed export from a province, it's very hard to find the trade to cancel it.

2021_02_18_3.png

And another one: When filling an government job, there is nothing that tells you what this job actually does. The tooltip only tells you what effects the character filling the job gets, but not what effect that job has on your country.

2021_02_18_6.png

Yet another one: When using the macrobuilder to build libraries or marketplaces (probably others too, I couldn't check all), it shows and lets you sort by modifiers that no longer are connected to these buildings. It's just a row of zeros for every possible location.

2021_02_18_7.png

2021_02_18_8.png

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Doublepost for Bump, also editing got boring.

When the legate of your legion dies and you don't have a tribune to take his place the legion will be without a general. However, you can't just put someone in his place from the army view (the first thing you would check, also the view where your alarm at the top of the screen leads you to), instead you have to go military tab -> legion -> add tribune

2021_02_19_2.png

But your still not done! You need to go to the army view afterwards (the thing where you started from, to be told that your princess is in another castle), because even though you just assigned a tribune, it doesn't put him in charge of anything, you have to do that yourself.

2021_02_19_3.png

• 5Like
  • 3Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
all values on the top bar have their montly change underneath them, clearly visible at a glance, except the government specific values like centralisation, legitimacy and probably that republican one, but I haven't checked the last one.

2021_02_19_4.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
Another to add but without image.

When you click on the top bar

1. In 1.5, you go into a corresponding panel. For example:
    1. Stability -> Religion, because the Pig is there for you to stab
    2. Treasury -> Budget
    3. Centralisation (of Tribes) -> Laws, because the Laws are what's affecting it
  2. In 2.0, clicking the top bar does nothing. You have to always click the left bar to go into any page.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well yes, there probably are 174 slaves, 1 citizen, 201 tribesman and 15 Freeman in this little settlement of 16 pops.....

2021_02_19_9.png

After some digging, these are probably all pops of that religion in the entire country, sorted by pop class. Exactly the info I wanted when going into the pop view of a specific territory.

• 8Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Not a new problem, but something that it would be nice to have: the trade good of a settlement is like 90% of what determines what I want to build in it. The macro builder does not list trade goods when building settlement buildings. This makes it less useful than it could be.

Some sort of macro way to delete buildings would be nice too (I really do not ever want a tribal settlement in my territory, and rarely a legation, but the AI will insist on building anything wherever).

• 5Like
Reactions:
Not a new problem, but something that it would be nice to have: the trade good of a settlement is like 90% of what determines what I want to build in it. The macro builder does not list trade goods when building settlement buildings. This makes it less useful than it could be.

Some sort of macro way to delete buildings would be nice too (I really do not ever want a tribal settlement in my territory, and rarely a legation, but the AI will insist on building anything wherever).
Use the macro builder - pick the building you want to cull, look for the striped territories, they have the building, and right click them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
- Vassal management.

Or rather, the complete lack of facility for managing it.
Vassal loyalty stats available only through the diplomatic relationship icons, buried in a field of other diplomatic relationship icons.
1613865319068.png

Diplomatic Relationship map mode doesn't tell you what kind of vassal they are, only that they "pay tribute".

1613865373245.png

and while we're on the diplomacy screen......

The tooltip for the stance selection button completely occludes the window shown by said button.

Before you click the button:

1613864973473.png

After you click the button:

1613865035132.png

Spot the practically imperceptible change.

This game could be considered a treatise on how to take an existing well understood & finely polished interface design paradigm (EU4) and balls up practically every aspect of it.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Before you click the button:

View attachment 684073

After you click the button:

View attachment 684076

Spot the practically imperceptible change.

This game could be considered a treatise on how to take an existing well understood & finely polished interface design paradigm (EU4) and balls up practically every aspect of it.

You have me there. What is the difference?!

4 more UI bugs on a single pop-up dialogue.

- Call to Arms pop-up only has large flag for your Ally, not the other war participant. (what is that large open hand icon on the right supposed to represent?)
- The small flag for the other participant that's embedded in the text is not clickable.
- The flag in the tooltip for the other participant does not respond to clicks
- The flag in the tooltip for the other participant has click bounds that are smaller than the area of the flag.

1614013297430.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Occupation not adequately represented in the province window.

You can tell who is occupying it only from the overworld map tooltip (but this tooltip isn't pinnable).
In an obtuse way you can tell that a province is occupied by looking for the 'Occupied' modifier in the 'Population Output', however this doesn't tell you who is occupying.

Most importantly there's no way of jumping to the diplomacy window (or capital location) of the occupying force.
This is a fundamental use case that's addressed in every other PI franchise.

The occupier's flag should be present in the province window's title bar, or something similar.

1614016571029.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
If Paradox is reading the comments on this thread here are some suggestions on my thread about certain UI & UE elements that can be improved.

This is exactly what we are discussing in a thread I recently made Here.

One thing that really annoys me about combat:

When I have an army selected and I see a battle, left clicking either the swords or any of the engaged armies does nothing. I must first ESC from the selected army view and only then am I allowed to click on the armies to view the battle. Note that left clicking anything else while having an army selected works as expected.

Can this be fixed, Paradox?

Last edited:
Reactions:
One thing that really annoys me about combat:

When I have an army selected and I see a battle, left clicking either the swords or any of the engaged armies does nothing. I must first ESC form the selected army view and only then am I allowed to click on the armies to view the battle. Note that left clicking anything else while having an army selected works as expected.

Can this be fixed, Paradox?
Yes, it's extremely annoying to try to select a battle in progress. There's these two giant heads on either side which you might think would take you to the combat view, but it goes to the respective character view which seems... well, I can't imagine when I would ever use this feature instead of just clicking on the combat first and then being able to go from there to the character view of the respective generals. And the huge sword icon as well is a bit visually busy for my taste.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, it's extremely annoying to try to select a battle in progress. There's these two giant heads on either side which you might think would take you to the combat view, but it goes to the respective character view which seems... well, I can't imagine when I would ever use this feature instead of just clicking on the combat first and then being able to go from there to the character view of the respective generals. And the huge sword icon as well is a bit visually busy for my taste.
Agree, the only time this could ever be useful from a gameplay perspective is if one the generals is a non-ally mercenary that you could buy, but this is such a fringe case that the feature is clearly there just for "extra immersion", too bad it worsens the actual battle gameplay.

Reactions:

I have spent some time refactoring the battle widget - should be a fair few improvements coming.

• 15Like
  • 7Love
Reactions: