• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMAS-Nameless

Tsar of Australiarr
51 Badges
Sep 18, 2009
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Iron Cross
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Rome Gold
I was playing Skyrim the other day and I looking through its enormous backstory and thought how great it would be to have a Tamriel mod for CKII. If you haven't yet played Skyrim (which I reconmend you should) there is a lot of feudal aspects to the Elder Scrolls universe. I think the perfect place to start such a mod would be either 4E 168 (ascension of Emperor Titus Mede II) or 4E 171 (beginning of the Great War). If you don't quite know the story here's pretty good site for information. http://www.imperial-library.info/content/fourth-era Would anyone be interested in brining this mod to life? I'm primarily looking for someone who is great with modding the game map as I'm pretty inexperienced in the area.

I'd be interested in playing it if there's enough gameplay reasons for it (e.g. there aren't only like 4 factions).

I'd be interested in playing it if there's enough gameplay reasons for it (e.g. there aren't only like 4 factions).

mmh let's see so far we've seen morrowind with 5 great houses and a hlaalu duke of vardenfell all under king helseth, the king is elected from the houses, the king is vassal to the emperor

cyrodil under the emperor with it's 8 counts, these can easily be changed to dukes, the empire is heridetery, the counts are appointed I think

and know skyrim with a high king who is elected by the jarls, also under the emperor there are about 10 or so and we have severall holdings for this one, I think that if we have al the holdings and forts from this one we can make an accurate skyrim region

can't speak for daggerfall though

that's 2.5 regions already ingame, now there's need for the rest of morrowind, high rock, elseweyr, valenwood, summerset isle, blackmarsh, werever the redguards come from and that's about it

mmh let's see so far we've seen morrowind with 5 great houses and a hlaalu duke of vardenfell all under king helseth, the king is elected from the houses, the king is vassal to the emperor

cyrodil under the emperor with it's 8 counts, these can easily be changed to dukes, the empire is heridetery, the counts are appointed I think

and know skyrim with a high king who is elected by the jarls, also under the emperor there are about 10 or so and we have severall holdings for this one, I think that if we have al the holdings and forts from this one we can make an accurate skyrim region

can't speak for daggerfall though

that's 2.5 regions already ingame, now there's need for the rest of morrowind, high rock, elseweyr, valenwood, summerset isle, blackmarsh, werever the redguards come from and that's about it

Elseweyr is governed as a Confederacy more or less a republic, however at shortly after Oblivion the Aldmeri Dominion annex it and divide it into two provinces (duchies). After Oblivion is where the world goes pretty hectic however. The Argonians secede from the Empire, there is a civil war in Elseweyr, Vivec City crashes into Morrowind turning Morrowind into a wasteland, the Argonians conquer Morrowind, the Thulmors (basically elvish extremists) rise up in Sumerset Isle and proclaim the Kingdom of Alinor and soon enough form more or less a personal union with Valenwood creating the Aldmeri Dominion which annexing Elseweyr. Eventually the Empire gets an Emperor again (Titus Mede I&II) which leads an enormous war between Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire which kills thousands and results in the Empire giving access to the Thulmars to persecute Imperial civilians. The Redguard do not support peace with the Aldmeri Dominion and continues fighting regardless, seceding from the Empire. I'm wondering when would be a start date would be?

the problem with fantasy realms is, all CK2 characters will be of the same species, i.e. able to have kids together. Which is a massive problem if youre trying to do any mod like this.

You'd use Daggerfall for the map no? Seeing as its got names for the provinces, a good number of 'kingdoms' and ignoring orcs is ruled by humans.

Most of the species can interbred though, with the exception of the Khajit and Argonians.

the problem with fantasy realms is, all CK2 characters will be of the same species, i.e. able to have kids together. Which is a massive problem if youre trying to do any mod like this.

You'd use Daggerfall for the map no? Seeing as its got names for the provinces, a good number of 'kingdoms' and ignoring orcs is ruled by humans.

Since different cultures have different images, English don't look like Mongols, for example, it shouldnt be too hard to turn one into a man with a cat on his head, and another with a lizard, for example.

Needs giants too, that smack your king into the next province.

Since different cultures have different images, English don't look like Mongols, for example, it shouldnt be too hard to turn one into a man with a cat on his head, and another with a lizard, for example.

Needs giants too, that smack your king into the next province.

I think what he meant was race hybrids, because due to the physical inheritance system in the latter generations you would have weird lizard-cat-elf-men hybrids.

Also could have lots of fun events for the different guilds. Not sure how to set it up though, maybe have them as different baronies within a province.

I've only played oblivion so I'm not sure how they work in the other games.

I was interested in this myself (discussing it in Steam chat whilst playing, actually :p), it's just a question as to how to do it. There're so many possible eras to start off from.

We'd probably be best starting from the very last days of the third era, as the Oblivion Crisis rages and the Septim line lies dead. Cyrodiil is a mess, the high elves are busy uniting under a single leader, Vvardenfell has erupted, the Argonians stand strong and united etc.

Either that or just at the start of Skyrim. The Empire is a shell of it's former self, the Thalmor are extremely strong, the Argonians are strong and in control of most of Morrowind, Ulfric is busy trying to get the Empire out of Skyrim etc.

I'm thinking of drawing up a quick map of the political situation, actually.

Also could have lots of fun events for the different guilds. Not sure how to set it up though, maybe have them as different baronies within a province.

I've only played oblivion so I'm not sure how they work in the other games.

Should really obtain Skyrim. :p It's pretty good.

You can marry pagan and muslim characters in CKI and in CKII. They just have to be in a christian realm.

mmh we can make an event that checks if you are married to a beast race, and have an effect of -1000% fertility that goes away when the marriage is off

another thing: according to a book the wood elves are ruled by some kind of pope with few real power, but more of a guide and the argonians seem to be in a confederacy without a clear leader

can't we make it after morrowind, begin oblivion? it bassicly gives anyone some fighting chance

BTW if I remember right it was the ministery of truth (huge floating comet above vardenfell, stupid showoff vivec) which crashed after vivec lost his power and made red mountain erupt (biggest volcano on tamriel), which understandibly made a huge mess for the dark elves, the argonians then only needed to clean things up a bit

Having only started playing the elder scrolls games with morrowwind (the one before oblivion) I was suprised to learn that daggerfall in 1996 had a world size of roughly 62.4 thousand sq mi. It encompases skyrim, cyrodil (oblvion world) morrowwind and much more! To get an idea of it's size, oblivion world size (which is about the same as skyrim) is only 16 sq mi as opposed to daggerfalls 62 thousand. I think if anyone is serious about this mod they should either have someone that played daggerfall helping them or played daggerfall themselves.

another thing: according to a book the wood elves are ruled by some kind of pope with few real power, but more of a guide and the argonians seem to be in a confederacy without a clear leader

The book's wrong. :p The wood elves are currently part of the Thalmor, which is the high elf empire, basically.

can't we make it after morrowind, begin oblivion? it bassicly gives anyone some fighting chance

It's just not really as interesting as the current situation.

BTW if I remember right it was the ministery of truth (huge floating comet above vardenfell, stupid showoff vivec) which crashed after vivec lost his power and made red mountain erupt (biggest volcano on tamriel), which understandibly made a huge mess for the dark elves, the argonians then only needed to clean things up a bit

Yeah, that's true. I think Vvardenfell is still a hellhole, though.

Having only started playing the elder scrolls games with morrowwind (the one before oblivion) I was suprised to learn that daggerfall in 1996 had a world size of roughly 62.4 thousand sq mi. It encompases skyrim, cyrodil (oblvion world) morrowwind and much more! To get an idea of it's size, oblivion world size (which is about the same as skyrim) is only 16 sq mi as opposed to daggerfalls 62 thousand. I think if anyone is serious about this mod they should either have someone that played daggerfall helping them or played daggerfall themselves.

OR we could just use the maps and the lore. :p

Speaking of which...

The pink is "I have no idea". It's Solstheim, where the dark elves of Vvardenfell apparently escaped to, but god only knows who's side it's on.

OR we could just use the maps and the lore. :p
You have to use the maps and the lore in either case but there is still a huge advantage of having some diehard fan who played daggerfall till the cows came home. Apparently daggerfall had 750 000 NPCs to interact with compared to the 1000 of morrowwind and oblivion and I'm guessing about the same for skyrim. Having a diehard elder scrolls fan who thrashed daggerfal would be similar to having a serious history buffs knowledge when making a realistic mod compared to some kid researching the medieval era off the wiki.

You have to use the maps and the lore in either case but there is still a huge advantage of having some diehard fan who played daggerfall till the cows came home. Apparently daggerfall had 750 000 NPCs to interact with compared to the 1000 of morrowwind and oblivion and I'm guessing about the same for skyrim. Having a diehard elder scrolls fan who thrashed daggerfal would be similar to having a serious history buffs knowledge when making a realistic mod compared to some kid researching the medieval era off the wiki.

Except, not quite. If it's going to be set post-4E, their knowledge would be useless. That's assuming that it's useful at all anyway, since Daggerfall's lore is all on the wikis etc, and the NPCs were mainly randomly generated.

I think starting at the date of Skyrim is more than interesting enough for the player in my opinion although I believe that Vvardenfell doesn't really exist as it did in Morrowind as after the Red Mountain Eruption lead to most of the island being cover in ash and a huge exodus to the nearby island of Solsthiem. I think to represent the descendents of the Four Great Houses living on Solsthiem the island should be divided into 5 independent provinces with the Empire ruling Fort Frostmoth. However provinces in the north of the island should have a Nord culture. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Solstheim

I think starting at the date of Skyrim is more than interesting enough for the player in my opinion although I believe that Vvardenfell doesn't really exist as it did in Morrowind as after the Red Mountain Eruption lead to most of the island being cover in ash and a huge exodus to the nearby island of Solsthiem. I think to represent the descendents of the Four Great Houses living on Solsthiem the island should be divided into 5 independent provinces with the Empire ruling Fort Frostmoth. However provinces in the north of the island should have a Nord culture. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Solstheim

The Great Houses still exist in Morrowind itself, I think, but I have no idea in what state.

Status
Not open for further replies.