• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Marquis de Riojo begins using his office to sleep in.

Reactions:
Owg3FM9.png

BANC MÚTUA DE GIRONA
Mutual Bank of Girona
Established on mutualist principles, the Banc Mútua was organized as a mutual savings bank with free credit in the vicinity of Cesc Roma's Girona constituency. Members could take out extremely-low-interest long-term loans up to a set amount, with membership in the Mutual Bank requiring no more than agreeing to the bank's founding compact. Signatories to the compact of the Banc were encouraged to try opening their own businesses and shops in Girona using borrowed funds.

Given the current state of affairs in Spain and her neighbors, I will exercise my powers as First Secretary and hereby declare that the voting records and verbal discourse of the members of the Royal Assembly shall be kept private until further notice. Newspapers or individuals publishing the voting records or discourse will receive appropriate punishment.

((Private-Mars))

Dear His Most Catholic Majesty,

Your Majesty, I have noted the recent state of affairs in France. I suggest that you listen to the recommendations of the Foreign Secretary on the matter as these issues are within their realm of expertise.

~ Your Most Loyal First Secretary

The Count of Pontevedra reconfirms the decision of the First Secretary and, as Interior Secretary, begins overseeing the complete censorship of the Audience.

He furthermore notes that the People's Party is presently on probation, and her members, being investigated for various crimes against Pontevedra, as well as gross violations of the First Secretary's recent decision, amongst others, are wholly unsuited to the act of voting.

-

The Act of Establishment of the Royal Peasant Land Bank: Yes
The Act of Establishment of the Royal Noble Land Bank: Yes
ALL OTHERS: No

*A Secretary of the Interior Ministry does note to the Esteemed Gentleman that no such direct legal action has officially been undertaken against the People's Party and that they cannot be withheld from voting, he also does note that although the Interior Minister may wish to introduce censorship, satire and voting records of the procedures in Parliament cannot be withheld from the Public*

That secretary is promptly fired.

Pater De Valle rises from the benches of the Audiencia Reale

The harrasment against the People's Party, a respected and widely-supported political movement in Spain, has been near continious ever since the Secretary for the Interior and Justice has started his vicious campaign of smearing and violent harrasment. This Harrasment has been widespread and limited only to parties not directly supportive of his authoritarian policies and it has been proven by a large and credible investigation that the involvement of the Secretary of State has been vital for the continued illegal harrasment of opposition parties. However, the Secretary of State has not, as any respected Gentleman would do, resigned for a full and independent investigation and trail to be conducted, instead, he has tried to censor Spain into his web of lies, to clear his of his substantial and unforgivable wrong-doing. I, therefore, call, once again, upon the Secretary of State to what is best for the unity of Spain, resign!

The Act of Establishment of the Royal Peasant Land Bank: Abstain
The Act of Establishment of the Royal Noble Land Bank: Abstain
Protection of Public Movements Bill: Aye
Trade Union Reform Bill: Aye
Workers' Safety Bill: Abstain
Guarentee for Widows, Veterans and Former Servents of the Crown: Aye

Cristóbal Aldecanta rises from the benches of the Audiencia Reale right after Pater de Valle.

I must concur with Señor de Valle on this matter. The Movimiento and myself experienced similar harassment from the Secretary for the Interior and Justice during the election campaign, where my rallies were suddenly disrupted after I refused to bow down to the Secretary of State's demands that I say what he wanted me to. His harassment of the opposition parties has now gone to new heights with his treatment of the People's Party after Señor de Valle refused to stop his campaign of reform that went against what the Secretary of State wanted. I say right now that the Secretary of State and his activities have been a detriment to the newfound freedoms of the Spanish people. His attempts at imposing his will through the abuse of his power and then trying to cover this up by censoring any attempts to protest his behavior have gone too far! I join Señor de Valle in calling for the resignation of the Secretary of State in the interests of unity and I do believe that many members of the Movimiento would support this effort as well.

~ Cristóbal Aldecanta, Leader of the Movimiento

I would say, Senor Aldecanta, that you do well not to repeat these slanderous accusations against my person, nor of ridiculous claims of abuse or illegality, to my face. I have been lenient with the indiscretions of your band thus far, and I would prefer that these august body not descend any further than it has at this point due to the connivery of Senor de Valle.

~ Pontevedra

While I can not speak of any malicious intent whatsoever by the Count of Pontevedra, who I see as a highly capable Interior Secretary, I must question the opaque nature of the Interior Secretariat's daily operations, with little to no distinction between classified movements and standard business. The issue, I believe, lies not in the character of the man we know as the Interior Secretary, but rather in his secretariat. If he would concede to the members of this esteemed body the ability to examine and investigate the actions of a governmental agency, I feel that we should be able to quite soundly put to an end the attacks against the Honorable Count.

Cesc Roma
Duc de Menorca
Deputy from Girona

I have neither the authority nor the desire to grant that ability to this august body, Your Excellency; to review a portion of His Majesty's government is neither within the purview of the Audience, nor can it be assumed without Royal Consent; in short, to allow such a cession of Royal Power would be tantamount to treason, and furthermore would constitute a vast overreach of this body's scope and authority - after all, the Audience is, at its core, an advisory institution.

Whatever the case, the attacks against my person, and indeed my secretariat, are wholly baseless - I have repeatedly questioned the veracity of the so-called confessed sorcelled up by the leaders of the People's Party, whom I believe are attempting not only to defraud me, but to lie to this body, the people of Spain, and the Crown itself. That the good revolutionary member has opted to, yet again, attempt to overreach his station and bounds, is unsurprising and indeed hints of broader anti-royalist collusion amongst the more radical parties within this chamber. I would rather the courts attend to the lies and deceits of Senor de Valle, and perhaps too the good Aldecanta.

~ Pontevedra

Cristóbal submits the following legislation following Pontevedra's latest outburst.

Government Accountability Act

RECOGNIZING the lack of transparency when it comes to the actions of His Catholic Majesty's secretariats.
RECOGNIZING that there is currently no procedure to allow the investigation of His Catholic Majesty's secretariats on the suspicion that illegal activities are taking place.
BELIEVING that it would be detrimental to His Catholic Majesty and the Spanish realm if officials of His Catholic Majesty's government were to be conducting illegal activities or abusing their power.

HEREBY RESOLVES that the Audiencia Real shall be allowed to convene a committee compromised of a member from each party in the Royal Assembly and of an equal number of members of the State Council to investigate the activities of any of His Catholic Majesty's secretariats.
RESOLVES that this committee may only be formed upon the reasonable suspicion that illegal activities are taking place and may not include anyone associated with the secretariat being investigated.
RESOLVES that secretariats are required to turn over any documents requested and may only be allowed to refuse to turn over those documents deemed of vital importance to the security of the Spanish realm.
RESOLVES that any witnesses called upon to testify in front of the committee are obligated to and that, should they refuse multiple times, will be held in contempt of the committee and shall be imprisoned indefinitely until they decide to testify or the investigation is ended.
RESOLVES that the results of any investigations conducted shall be available only to members of the Audiencia Real, His Catholic Majesty, and officials of His Catholic Majesty's government.
RESOLVES that ultimate discretion on how to act upon the results of any investigations conducted under this act lay with His Catholic Majesty and His Catholic Majesty alone.

[Private: Somberg]

Senor Aldecanta,

This proposal of yours goes far beyond the scope of the Audience; should it not be tabled immediately, your party shall be, like the People's Party, placed on probation and its legal status shall be reviewed immediately - I must reiterate my spoken statements: this proposal is illegal and an overreach of authority. It is not the place of the Audience to question or inquiry His Majesty's government, and should you and your party continue to propose and support such, frankly, treasonous notions, the full weight of the Interior Secretariat shall be placed upon you.

Through all wholly legal means, of course.

~ Pontevedra

[Private]

The Count of Pontevedra, having grown increasingly wary of the radical elements within the Royal Audience, quietly commissions elements of the secret police to being thorough investigations on all members of leftist parties. Similarly, noting the continued non-response of Dr Moscoso from several of his letters, and various - if at times rather tenuous - connections to those same radical politicians, the Count also ordered an investigation to begin immediately on him.